Candidates aspiring to get admission into the Distance MBA and PGDM courses from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), can opt for IGNOU OPENMAT 2021. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the exam 2 times every year. Want to know more about the Exam? Read this complete article to get a fair idea about the preparation, exam pattern, and more.
Latest News on IGNOU OPENMAT
- IGNOU OPENMAT Registration Process Extended Till 25 March 2021 - Published on March 22, 2021
- IGNOU OPENMAT Registration to Close Today - Published on March 20, 2021
- April 7, 2021: The admit card for IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 is released. Visit IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card to download your admit card now.
- March 23, 2021: The last date for IGNOU OPENMAT registrations is extended to March 25, 2021.
- March 2, 2021: The registration process for IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 has started. Candidates who are interested can apply on or before March 20, 2021.
- What is IGNOU OPENMAT?
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Exam Date
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Eligibility
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Application Form
- How to Prepare for IGNOU OPENMAT?
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Admit Card
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Syllabus
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Exam Centres
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Result
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Cut Off
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Counseling
- IGNOU OPENMAT FAQs
What is IGNOU OPENMAT?
IGNOU OPENMAT is an aptitude entrance test designed and conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University, intending to assess the management skills of the applicant. IGNOU operates across 67 regional centres in the country and 227 academic programs.
Established in 1985, Indira Gandhi National Open University grew to intend to provide management education to the interested candidates. IGNOU started its operations with 4500+ students, and over the years it expanded and presently offers overall 227 certificates, diploma, degree, and doctoral programs in its curriculum. IGNOU is currently nurturing over 3 million students in its programs across India and other countries as well.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 examination is an entrance test that checks the aptitude skills of the applicant and allows admission to the program.
Organized by National Testing Agency (NTA), Indira Gandhi National Open University Management Admission Test (IGNOU OPENMAT) is for candidates aspiring to get admissions into Postgraduation and Diploma courses at Indira Gandhi National Open University. The test is conducted twice in a year. The University has made a significant mark in the areas of higher education, community education, and continual professional development.
IGNOU OPENMAT exam is conducted twice a year. For 2021, the code names for the two sessions are OPENMAT XLVII and OPENMAT XLVIII. IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 is a national level entrance exam for admission into the academic year 2021-22.
Currently, around 3 million students in India and abroad are studying various courses through 21 schools of studies and a network of 67 regional centres.
|Exam Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducted by||School of Management Studies, Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test Mode|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
Apart from MBA, IGNOU exam results are also considered for admission to various other Management programs offered by the School of Management Studies under IGNOU. The courses offered are as given below:
|Master of Business Administration|
|DIM (Diploma in Management)|
|PGDIM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Management)|
|PGDHRM (Post-Graduation Diploma in Human Resource Management)|
|PDF (Post graduation Diploma in Financial Management)|
|PGDOM (Post-Graduation Diploma in Operations Management)|
|PGDMM (Post-Graduation Diploma in Marketing Management)|
|PGDFMP (Post-Graduation Diploma in Financial Market Practice)|
These programs mentioned above are incorporated with multimedia designs and are technology-aided design systems. All of these programs are facilitated by aspirants all over the world through their regional centres.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Exam Dates
IGNOU OPENMAT is conducted twice a year. IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII exam date will be released soon. IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 exam dates are yet to be announced by the official authorities. IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Exam dates provide the candidate with the schedule of the examination. Refer to the table below for the list of the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 dates.
|Application Form Start Date||Ongoing|
|Application Form Finish Date||Mar 25, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||Apr 7, 2021|
|IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII Exam Date||Apr 11, 2021|
|Result Date||To be announced|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
National Testing Agency (NTA) has set up some criteria for taking the OPENMAT 2021 exam. Candidates need to go through the eligibility criteria carefully before attempting the application. Only candidates who qualify the eligibility conditions will be allowed to attempt the exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit restriction in the OPENMAT 2021 exam, candidates of any age can apply to the exam.
- Qualification: IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Eligibility guidelines state that the candidates must have a graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks for the general category and 45 % for reserved category. Candidates holding professional degrees like Engineering, Chartered Accountancy (ICAI), medicine, etc., can also apply. Once the IGNOU exam results are out, applicants must produce the necessary documents as proof of graduation to the university.
- Reservation facility: There is some relaxation (up to 5%) to the candidates belonging to communities like the Scheduled Tribes (ST), Scheduled Castes (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBC), and the physically handicapped as per the norms of the Government of India. The list of candidates that could avail of the reservation in OPENMAT is as follows:
- Scheduled Castes
- Scheduled Tribes
- War Widows
- Kashmiri Migrants
- Physically Handicapped
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Application Form
IGNOU OPENMAT application form 2021 will be available on the official website for candidates to fill until Mar 25, 2021.
The application form for IGNOU OPENMAT was available on the official website of NTA which is ntaignou.nic.in.Candidates should enter details in the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Application form including personal details such as candidate's name, Father's Name, Mother's name, Aadhar card, Passport, etc., qualification details, contact details (Email address, phone number, Locality, Town, Pincode, etc.), nationality, religion, marital status, employment status, whether handicapped or not, etc. The same set of credentials may be required for checking the exam results. The application fees for the general category and OBC category candidates is INR 800 and for candidates who are from the ST/SC/PH category is INR 600 which the candidates must pay through the online portal, either through net banking, debit card and/or credit card.
To register for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 exam candidates had to upload their photograph and signature. There are some prescribed specifications for uploading the documents and they are listed in the table below.
|Documents||File Format||File Size||Particulars|
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG format||Size not less than 10 KB and more than 200 KB||Colour or black & white but clear contrast|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG format||Size not less than 4 KB and more than 30 KB||Blue or black inked|
How to Prepare for IGNOU OPENMAT?
While preparing for IGNOU OPENMAT or any other entrance exam for that matter there are three important characteristics you must possess. They are determination, patience, and perseverance. You should be having a strong determination to qualify in the exam, enormous patience to do all the work that needs to be done in the process of exam preparation and finally the perseverance to go through even when facing difficulties. So before you start your exam preparation make sure that you are in the possession of these three things.
Create a Custom Timetable
Preparing a good custom timetable is the first and most important step in an entrance exam preparation. You need to make sure that the schedule provides the most efficient sessions for preparation. Break the total syllabus into equal parts and then assign various sessions to each part so that you would be covering the entire syllabus. Also, the schedule must include time for solving sample papers and also a periodic session for the revision of completed topics. Stick to that schedule until you clear the exam.
Speed and Accuracy Matters
The IGNOU OPENMAT exam contains 200 questions that are to be answered in 3 hours. This means that you need to answer the questions on an average of 1 per minute. The questions may be relatively easier to answer but the actual challenge lies in going through all of the questions in that short period. The only way to approach this exam is by answering the questions as accurately as possible so that you wouldn’t come back to them in doubt. With the help of intense practising of mock tests and sample papers, you can develop this speed and accuracy. Find and solve every paper you can get your hands upon.
Section Wise Approach
There are a total of 4 sections in the IGNOU OPENMAT Exam. From these four sections, you would be having some sections that are difficult to work with. So before the exam, you need to find out which of these are those sections. Then during the exam, you need to save those sections for the last.
You need to solve the sections that you are good at the start so that you will have extra time to transfer onto the tougher sections. Remember that to qualify in this exam you need to secure the minimum score in each of the sections because along with overall cutoff, there will also be a sectional cutoff for each section.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Admit Card
IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card was made available on the NTA's official website from Apr 7, 2021. Check the admit card for any errors, if any errors are present or your admit card is not available then contact the university.
Candidates should enter credentials like application number and date of birth to download IGNOU OPEN MAT admit card. IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 admit card is usually issued after two to three weeks after the submission of the application forms.
The following details will be mentioned on the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021:
- Name of the Candidate
- Category of the candidate
- Candidate's Roll Number
- Candidate’s Address
- Date, Time and Venue of exam along with reporting time
- Candidate's Photograph and Signature
- Enrollment Number
- Course and exam for which the candidate has applied
- Important instructions for the exam.
Note: Candidates are required to carry the admit card along with other essential documents as required or mentioned in the instructions on the date of the examination, disobedience of which may result in denial of permission to take up the entrance exam.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
IGNOU OPENMAT takes place twice a year and the exam pattern usually stays the same every year. This exam is conducted to check the ability of the students. Based on the exam a merit list is prepared according to the scores of the candidates. IGNOU OPENMAT exam pattern is as follows:
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 exam pattern includes four sections, that is, General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning. Candidates will get 3 hours to complete the papers for 200 marks. Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark. There is no negative marking. The questions in the examination paper will be of objective type questions.
IGNOU OPENMAT question paper will be in English. The following table contains the section-wise distribution of questions in the question paper:
|S. No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|1.||General Awareness||30 Questions||3 Hours|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50 Questions|
|4.||English Language||50 Questions|
Note: The candidates will have to mark their answers on an OMR sheet provided to them.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for IGNOU OPENMAT consists of 4 parts. This syllabus is constructed to check general awareness, logical thinking, and other aspects. Exam topics of IGNOU OPENMAT include General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning. Seeing the syllabus and distribution of the marks the candidate can start preparing for the exam. It will help the candidate to find the weak spot in there learning and resolve thereby planning and practice.
General Awareness: This section tests the knowledge of the candidate regarding current affairs, general knowledge, history of India, politics, and economics. The portion includes the following topics.
- World Organizations
- Sports CE
- General Knowledge
- Persons, Places, Awards
- Current Affairs
- Political and Historical Events
- Social and Cultural Events
- Indian Business Environment
English Language: This section tests the skills and command of the candidate over the language. It also tests the fluency of the candidate in the language. The portion includes the following topics.
- Reading and Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence Correction
Quantitative Aptitude: This section tests the numerical ability and problem-solving skills of the candidate. The portion includes the following topics.
- Ratios and Proportion
- LCM and HCF
- Mean, Median and Mode
- Permutations and Combinations
- Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression
- Geometry, Number System, Trigonometry, etc.
Logical Reasoning: This section tests the capability of candidates to conclude, make meaningful judgments and justify them. The portion includes the following topics.
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Cause and Effect
- Coding and Decoding
- Critical Reasoning
- Family Tree
- Statements and Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Symbol Based Problems
- Visual Reasoning
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Exam Centres
IGNOU OPENMAT exam is conducted nationwide. There are a total of 106 exam centres in which the exam will be conducted in online mode in two sessions and applicants can choose the preferable city as their exam centre. The candidates not allowed to take any electronic gadgets and calculators. Candidates should carry the admit card, personal government ID for verification. It is advised to the candidate to arrive at the exam centre 30 minutes before the given time. If a candidate enters the exam centre 30 minutes after the commencing of the exam, then that candidate will not be allowed to write or even enter the exam hall.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Results
IGNOU OPEN MAT 2021 Results will be published on the official website. Make sure to check your result after the availability announcement. The scorecard will be sent to your registered address within 6 to 7 weeks from the date of your examination. The candidate has to login by entering valid details asked such as application number, and other details on the admit card. Once you have seen your result click on print to take a printout of the result, as it is essential for future use for counselling and admission.
- Credentials: Candidates should enter credentials like application number and date of birth to download IGNOU exam results.
- Factor affecting the results: The results are based on various factors such as the number of candidates appearing for the exam, reservation criteria, sectional cut off, etc.
- Validity: IGNOU OPEN MAT 2021 Results will be valid for admission to the management programs in any of the two semesters.
- Candidates who qualify in the entrance tests will proceed with the admission procedure.
How to download IGNOU OPENMAT Results?
Follow the steps given below to download the results for the IGNOU OPENMAT from the official website.
- Step 1: Visit the official web portal of IGNOU and click on 'Result of OPENMAT for Management Programme'.
- Step 2: A new page with the link 'OPENMAT Result' will appear. You need to click on it.
- Step 3: The new page will ask you to enter the enrollment number and the date of birth.
- Step 4: After entering the necessary details and clicking the submit button, you will be presented with your result
- Step 5: Download the result and take a printout for future reference.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum qualifying marks that candidates have to secure to qualify the examination and become eligible for the further admission process. The candidates will be included in the final merit list based on the IGNOU OPENMAT cut-off score. Cutoff of OPENMAT XLVII is most probably expected to remain the same as that of the previous years.
The cut-off will be decided by taking the following factors into account:
- Total number of candidates appearing in the examination
- Total Number of seats available for the MBA program
- Highest score in the exam
- The lowest and average score in the exam
- Community wise cutoff marks
- Availability of seats
- Reservation criteria
IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Counselling
Only those candidates who have cleared the cut-off score of the IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 will be allowed to take part in the Counselling procedure for the IGNOU. After the results are announced and the merit list is prepared after, counselling for merit students is conducted in different centres. On the day of counselling, the candidate has to go to the nearest centre at a given time.
Candidates should carry all the documents which they submitted during the application process and along with them they also have to submit Payslip, admit card and printout of the result. At the end of the counselling process, the colleges are assigned to the candidates based on their merit list.
- Counselling: IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Counselling will be conducted once the results are out.
- Seat Allotment: The OPENMAT 2021 seat allotment will be completely based on the marks scored by the candidates in the examination.
- Counselling Schedule: The counselling for the exam follows a definite schedule, so check out the official website for the details. It generally takes place on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Counselling Location: The counselling will take place at a regional centre that is selected by the candidate during the filling of the application form.
- Counselling Rounds: If there are seats that are left vacant after the first round of counselling, then a further counselling session is called upon to fill all the rest of the seats.
Documents Required for Counselling
Candidates need to take the following documents along with them to the IGNOU OPENMAT Counselling procedure.
- Counselling Letter
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2021 Admit Card
- 2 Passport Size Coloured Photographs
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Original Migration Certificate
- Demand Draft for INR 15,000/- (First-year admission fee) drawn in the favour of IGNOU.
Admission Form 2
The qualified candidates will have a choice to take admissions for either of the semesters. These candidates have to fill in the admission form 2 which will be available on the official website of IGNOU and the candidate must submit the form to a Regional Centre to take the admissions in the university for a program. Form 2 will be available in the prospectus of IGNOU OPENMAT 2021.
In case if you are facing any discrepancies at any stage of the exam, make sure to contact the exam authorities. Their contact information is given below:
|Address||Regional Centre, Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti Rajghat, New Delhi – 110 002|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
What is the frequency of the exam?
IGNOU OPENMAT is conducted twice a year. It will be conducted in August and February.
Is IGNOU OPENMAT conducted in offline mode?
Yes. The exam will be conducted in offline mode only.
Is there any age limit set as the criterion?
No. Age limit is not set as a criterion for the candidates to be eligible for IGNOU OPENMAT.
Is there any negative marking?
No. There is no negative marking system.
What is the minimum qualification required?
Candidates should have a graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have a relaxation of 5%
Can foreign nationals take up the exam?
Yes. Not only Indians but also Foreign nationals can apply for IGNOU OPENMAT.
What is the exam pattern for IGNOU OPENMAT?
Questions will be from General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning for 200 marks.
What is the application form fee for IGNOU OPENMAT?
If a candidate pays the fee through online methods, then he/she has to pay INR 1000. If the payment is made through DD or IOP, he/she should make a payment of INR 1050.
Can the Name/Surname be changed after the candidate is admitted into the university?
For making change of Name/ Surname, the candidates are required to submit Marriage Certificate, Gazette Notification, in original, reflecting the change of name/ surname, affidavit, in original, on non-judicial Stamp Paper with 1st Class Magistrate specifying the change in the name and Original copy of notification in a daily newspaper notifying the change of name. The candidates need to pay INR 400 through Demand Draft.
Does IGNOU follow a reservation system in admitting the candidates?
Yes. IGNOU follows the rules of reservation system while admitting candidates into various courses.
LIVE APPLICATION FORMS
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, [LBSIM] New Delhi
Xavier Institute of Social Service, [XISS] Ranchi
MBA (Total Fees) Rs. 760000
Siva Sivani Institute of Management, [SSIM] Secunderabad
PGDM (Total Fees) Rs. 6,50,000
Prestige Institute of Management Dewas, [PIMD] Dewas