Get admission into the Distance MBA and PGDM courses from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) with the help of IGNOU OPENMAT 2020. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the exam 2 times per year. Want to know more about the Exam? Read this complete article to get a fair idea about the preparation, exam pattern, and more.
- July 6, 2020: The application form correction window for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 is open. The window closes on July 15, 2020, at 5 PM. The application fee will be accepted until 11:50 PM. Click here to make corrections now!
- The last day to apply for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam is today i.e; June 30, 2020.
- The last date to apply for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam has been extended to June 30, 2020 due to the increasing threat of COVID-19. The revised schedule for the admit card download, exam schedule, etc. will be updated soon.
- What is IGNOU OPENMAT?
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Date
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Eligibility
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application Form Correction
- How to Prepare for IGNOU OPENMAT?
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit Card
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Centres
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Result
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Cut Off
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Counseling
- IGNOU OPENMAT FAQs
- Related Exams
What is IGNOU OPENMAT?
IGNOU OPENMAT stands for "Indira Gandhi National Open University Management Aptitude Test", commonly known as IGNOU OPENMAT was established in 1985 and currently offers 227 academic programs through 67 regional centers spread across the country. It is an aptitude test designed to assess the candidate’s aptitude in Management.
Indira Gandhi National Open University is a distance and open learning University that offers various degrees, certificates and diploma courses. This OPENMAT exam is for taking admission into the various courses in the university.
Started in 1985, it offered 2 courses with a strength of 4500+ students based on IGNOU exam results and the university transformed over years in India and other countries, offering an overall 227 certificates, diploma, degree, and doctoral programs. Now, it serves over 3 million students in India and other countries.
Indira Gandhi National Open University Management Admission Test (IGNOU OPENMAT) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission into the post-graduation program and diploma courses in management happen twice in a year. The University has made a significant mark in the areas of higher education, community education, and continual professional development.
IGNOU OPENMAT exam is conducted twice a year. For 2020, the code names for the two sessions are OPENMAT XLVII and OPENMAT XLVIII. The first session will be conducted on April 29, 2020 and the second session will be conducted in August 2020 followed by IGNOU exam results. IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 is a national level entrance exam for admission into the academic year 2020-21.
Currently, around 3 million students in India and abroad are studying various courses through 21 schools of studies and a network of 67 regional centres.
|Exam Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducted by||School of Management Studies, Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test Mode|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
Apart from MBA, IGNOU exam results are also considered for admission to various other Management programs offered by the School of Management Studies under IGNOU. The courses offered are as given below:
|Master of Business Administration|
|DIM (Diploma in Management)|
|PGDIM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Management)|
|PGDHRM (Post-Graduation Diploma in Human Resource Management)|
|PGDFM (Post graduation Diploma in Financial Management)|
|PGDOM (Post-Graduation Diploma in Operations Management)|
|PGDMM (Post-Graduation Diploma in Marketing Management)|
|PGDFMP (Post-Graduation Diploma in Financial Market Practice)|
These programs mentioned above are incorporated with multimedia designs and are technology-aided design systems. All of these programs are facilitated by aspirants all over the world through their regional centres.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Dates
IGNOU OPENMAT is conducted twice a year. IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII exam will be conducted on April 2020. Make sure to apply before the deadline. Its application form 2020 will be available on the NTA's official website from February 28, 2020 until June 30, 2020.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 will be conducted on June 29, 2020. Exam result 2020 will be announced on July 10, 2020. IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam dates provide the candidate with the schedule of the examination. Refer to the table below for the list of the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 dates.
|Application Form Start Date||February 28, 2020|
|Application Form Finish Date||June 30, 2020 (Extended)|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|IGNOU OPENMAT XLVII Exam Date||Postponed|
|Result Date||To be announced|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
National Testing Agency (NTA) has set up some criteria for taking the OPENMAT 2020 exam. Make sure that you clear the criteria before applying for the exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit restriction in the OPENMAT 2020 exam, candidates of any age can apply to the exam.
- Qualification: IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Eligibility guidelines state that the candidates must have a graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks for general category and 45 % for reserved category. Candidates holding professional degrees like Engineering, Chartered Accountancy (ICAI), medicine,etc., can also apply. Once the IGNOU exam results are out, applicants must produce the necessary documents as proof of graduation to the university.
- Reservation facility: There is some relaxation (up to 5%) to the candidates belonging to communities like the Scheduled Tribes (ST), Scheduled Castes (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBC), and the physically handicapped as per the norms of the Government of India. The list of candidates that could avail the reservation in OPENMAT is as follows:
- Scheduled Castes
- Scheduled Tribes
- Non-creamy layer of OBC
- War Widows
- Kashmiri Migrants
- Physically Handicapped
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application Form
IGNOU OPENMAT application form 2020 is available on the official website from February 28, 2020 and the last date to fill the application form is June 30, 2020.
The application form for IGNOU OPENMAT is available on the official website of NTA which is ntaignou.nic.in.Candidates should enter details in the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application form such as personal details (candidate name, Father's name, Mother's name, Aadhar card, Passport, etc.), qualification details, contact details (Email address, phone number, Locality, Town, Pincode, etc.), nationality, religion, marital status, employment status, whether handicapped or not, etc. The same set of credentials may be required for checking the exam results. The application fees for the general category and OBC category candidates is INR 800 and for candidates who are from the ST/SC/PH category is INR 600 which the candidates must pay through the online portal, either through net banking, debit card and/or credit card.
To register for the IGNOU OPENMAT exam candidate has to upload their photograph and signature. There are some prescribed specifications for uploading the documents and they are listed in the table below.
|Documents||File Format||File Size||Particulars|
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG format||Size not less than 10 KB and more than 200 KB||Colour or black & white but clear contrast|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG format||Size not less than 4 KB and more than 30 KB||Blue or black inked|
How to Prepare for IGNOU OPENMAT?
While preparing for IGNOU OPENMAT or any other entrance exam for that matter there are three important characteristics you must possess. They are determination, patience, and perseverance. You should be having a strong determination to qualify in the exam, enormous patience to do all the work that needs to be done in the process of exam preparation and finally the perseverance to go through even when facing difficulties. So before you start your exam preparation make sure that you are in the possession of these three things.
Create a Custom Timetable
Preparing a good custom timetable is the first and most important step in an entrance exam preparation. You need to make sure that the schedule provides the most efficient sessions for preparation. Break the total syllabus into equal parts and then assign various sessions to each part so that you would be covering the entire syllabus. Also, the schedule must include time for solving sample papers and also a periodic session for the revision of completed topics. Stick to that schedule until you clear the exam.
Speed and Accuracy Matters
The IGNOU OPENMAT exam contains 200 questions that are to be answered in 3 hours. This means that you need to answer the questions on an average of 1 per minute. The questions may be relatively easier to answer but the actual challenge lies in going through all of the questions in that short period. The only way to approach this exam is by answering the questions as accurately as possible so that you wouldn’t come back to them in doubt. With the help of intense practicing of mock tests and sample papers, you can develop this speed and accuracy. Find and solve every paper you can get your hands upon.
Section Wise Approach
There are a total of 4 sections in the IGNOU OPENMAT Exam. From these four sections, you would be having some sections that are difficult to work with. So before the exam, you need to find out which of these are those sections. Then during the exam, you need to save those sections for the last.
You need to solve the sections that you are good at the start so that you will have extra time to transfer onto the tougher sections. Remember that to qualify in this exam you need to secure the minimum score in each of the sections because along with overall cutoff, there will also be a sectional cutoff for each section.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit Card
IGNOU OPENMAT Admit Card will be available on the NTA's official website from June 22, 2020. Check the admit card for any errors, if any errors are present or your admit card is not available then contact the university.
Candidates should enter credentials like application number and date of birth to download IGNOU OPEN MAT admit card. IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 admit card is usually issued after two to three weeks after the submission of the application forms.
The following details will be mentioned on the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020:
- Name of the Candidate
- Category of the candidate
- Candidate's Roll Number
- Candidate’s Address
- Date, Time and Venue of exam along with reporting time
- Candidate's Photograph and Signature
- Enrollment Number
- Course and exam for which the candidate has applied
- Important instructions for the exam.
Note: Candidates are required to carry the admit card along with other essential documents as required or mentioned in the instructions on the date of the examination, disobedience of which may result in denial of permission to take up the entrance exam.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
IGNOU OPENMAT takes place twice a year and the exam pattern usually stays the same every year. This exam is conducted to check the ability of the students. Based on the exam a merit list is prepared according to the scores of the candidates. IGNOU OPENMAT exam pattern is as follows:
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam pattern includes four sections, that is, General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning. Candidates will get 3 hours to complete the papers for 200 marks. Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark. There is no negative marking. The questions in the examination paper will be of objective type questions.
IGNOU OPENMAT question paper will be in English. The following table contains the section-wise distribution of questions in question paper:
|S. No.||Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|1.||General Awareness||30 Questions||3 Hours|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50 Questions|
|4.||English Language||50 Questions|
Note: The candidates will have to mark their answers on an OMR sheet provided to them.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for IGNOU OPENMAT consists of 4 parts. This syllabus is constructed to check the general awareness, logical thinking, and other aspects. Exam topics of IGNOU OPENMAT include General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning. Seeing the syllabus and distribution of the marks the candidate can start preparing for the exam. It will help the candidate to find the weak spot in there learning and resolve thereby planning and practice.
- General Awareness: This section tests the knowledge of the candidate regarding current affairs, general knowledge, history of India, politics, and economics.
- English Language: This section tests the skills and command of the candidate over the language. It also tests the fluency of the candidate in the language.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section tests the numerical ability and problem-solving skills of the candidate.
- Logical Reasoning: This section tests the capability of candidates to conclude, make meaningful judgments and justify them.
Sections: There are four different sections in IGNOU OPEN MAT 2020 Syllabus which include 200 objective type questions that carry 1marks each. The following table contains a list of contents in each section.
|General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||English Language|
|World Organizations||Algebra||Assertion and Reasoning||Reading and Comprehension|
|Sports CE||Ratios and Proportion||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Grammar|
|Countries||LCM and HCF||Cause and Effect||Fill in the Blanks|
|General Knowledge||Statistics||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction|
|Persons, Places, Awards||Mean, Median and Mode||Critical Reasoning||Vocabulary|
|Current Affairs||Permutations and Combinations||Family Tree||Synonyms|
|Political and Historical Events||Progressions||Statements and Assumptions||Antonyms|
|Social and Cultural Events||Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression||Statements and Conclusions||-|
|Indian Business Environment||Geometry, Number System, Trigonometry, etc.||Symbol Based Problems|
|-||Visual Reasoning etc.|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam Centres
IGNOU OPENMAT exam is conducted nationwide. There are a total of 106 exam centres in which the exam will be conducted in online mode in two sessions and applicants can choose the preferable city as their exam centre. The candidates not allowed to take any electronic gadgets and calculators. Candidates should carry the admit card, personal government ID for verification. It is advised to the candidate to arrive at the exam centre 30 minutes before the given time. If a candidate enters the exam centre 30 minutes after the commencing of the exam, then that candidate will not be allowed to write or even enter the exam hall.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Results
IGNOU OPEN MAT 2020 Results will be published on the official website. Make sure to check your result on July 10, 2020. The scorecard will be sent to your registered address within 6 to 7 weeks from the date of your examination. The candidate has to login by entering valid details asked such as application number, and other details on the admit card. Once you have seen your result click on print to take a printout of the result, as it is essential for future use for counselling and admission.
- Credentials: Candidates should enter credentials like application number and date of birth to download IGNOU exam results.
- Factor affecting the results: The results are based on various factors such as the number of candidates appearing for the exam, reservation criteria, sectional cut off, etc.
- Validity: IGNOU OPEN MAT 2020 Results will be valid for admission to the management programs in any of the two semesters.
- Candidates who qualify in the entrance tests will proceed with the admission procedure.
How to download IGNOU OPENMAT Results?
Follow the steps given below to download the results for the IGNOU OPENMAT from the official website.
- Step 1: Visit the official web portal of IGNOU and click on 'Result of OPENMAT XLVII for Management Programme'.
- Step 2: A new page with the link 'OPENMAT XLVII Result (NEW)' will appear. You need to click on it.
- Step 3: The new page will ask you to enter the enrollment number and the date of birth.
- Step 4: After entering the necessary details and clicking the submit button, you will be presented with your result
- Step 5: Download the result and take a printout for future reference.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum qualifying marks that candidates have to secure to qualify the examination and become eligible for the further admission process. The candidates will be included in the final merit list based on the IGNOU OPENMAT cut-off score. Cutoff of OPENMAT XLVII is most probably expected to remain the same as that of the previous years.
The cut-off will be decided by taking the following factors into account:
- Total number of candidates appearing in the examination
- Total Number of seats available for the MBA program
- Highest score in the exam
- The lowest and average score in the exam
- Community wise cutoff marks
- Availability of seats
- Reservation criteria
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Counselling
Only those candidates who have cleared the cut-off score of the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 will be allowed to take part in the Counselling procedure for the IGNOU. After the results are announced and the merit list is prepared after, counselling for merit students is conducted in different centres. On the day of counselling, the candidate has to go to the nearest centre at a given time.
Candidates should carry all the documents which they submitted during the application process and along with them they also have to submit Payslip, admit card and printout of the result. At the end of the counselling process, the colleges are assigned to the candidates based on their merit list.
- Counselling: IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted in June 2020 tentatively.
- Seat Allotment: The OPENMAT 2020 seat allotment will be completely based on the marks scored by the candidates in the examination.
- Counselling Schedule: The counselling for the exam follows a definite schedule, so check out the official website for the details. It generally takes place on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Counselling Location: The counselling will take place at a regional centre that is selected by the candidate during the filling of the application form.
- Counselling Rounds: If there are seats that are left vacant after the first round of counselling, then a further counselling session is called upon to fill all the rest of the seats.
Documents required for Counselling
Candidates need to take the following documents along with them to the IGNOU OPENMAT Counselling procedure.
- Counselling Letter
- IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit Card
- 2 Passport Size Coloured Photographs
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Original Migration Certificate
- Demand Draft for INR 15,000/- (First-year admission fee) drawn in the favour of IGNOU.
Admission Form 2
The qualified candidates will have a choice to take admissions for either of the semesters. These candidates have to fill in the admission form 2 which will be available on the official website of IGNOU and the candidate must submit the form to a Regional Centre to take the admissions in the university for a program. Form 2 will be available in the prospectus of IGNOU OPENMAT 2020.
In case if you are facing any discrepancies at any stage of the exam, make sure to contact the exam authorities. Their contact information is given below:
|Address||Regional Centre, Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti Rajghat, New Delhi – 110 002|
|Email Address||[email protected]|