Organized by the state of Uttarakhand, Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam (UKSEE) 2021 is for candidates interested in pursuing the Hotel Management course from top institutes in Uttarakhand. The exam provides entrance opportunities into different private and government colleges of Uttarakhand.
Important Update: Due to the COVID-19 situation and nationwide lockdown, all events of UKSEE 2021 have been postponed and new dates will be announced soon. The previous exam date stands nullified.
- What is UKSEE?
- UKSEE 2021 Exam Dates
- UKSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- UKSEE 2021 Syllabus
- UKSEE 2021 Application Form
- UKSEE 2021 Registration
- UKSEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- UKSEE 2021 Admit Card
- UKSEE 2021 Exam Centres
- UKSEE 2021 Result
- UKSEE 2021 Cut off
- UKSEE 2021 Counselling
- How to prepare for UKSEE
- Courses offered through UKSEE
- Guidelines for UKSEE
- UKSEE Contact Details
What is UKSEE?
The Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE) is a state-level entrance examination conducted for admission into various courses such as B. Pharm, Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM), MCA, and lateral entry to II year MCA & B. Tech in different private, self-financed, and government institutes of Uttarakhand.
Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun was established on January 27th, 2005 by Govt. of Uttarakhand through the Uttarakhand Technical University Act 2005. UKSEE is conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University every academic year for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. There are 8 Constituent and 132 affiliated colleges under UTU. Candidates having Uttarakhand State domicile will be eligible to apply for lateral entry in the programs such as B. Tech, B. Pharma, MCA.
UKSEE 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Uttarakhand Technical University|
|No. of Papers||9|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question's (MCQ's)|
|Courses Offered||B.Pharma, BHMCT, MCA, B.Pharma, MBA, M.Pharma, M.Tech, MCA (LE), B.Tech (LE), and B.pharma (LE)|
UKSEE 2021 Exam Dates
UKSEE Exam will be conducted offline i.e., Pen & Paper-based Test (PPT). The candidates who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria can apply for the UKSEE 2021 Exam.
The UKSEE 2021 Exam Dates will be announced by the official conducting authority. Below mentioned are the dates of some of the important events related to UKSEE Exam:
|UKSEE 2021 Application Start Date||Sep 21, 2021|
|UKSEE 2021 Application End Date||Sep 28, 2021|
|UKSEE 2021 Admit Card Date||May 3, 2021|
|UKSEE 2021 Exam Date||May 10, 2021|
|UKSEE 2021 Result Date||June 1, 2021|
|UKSEE 2021 Counselling Date||To be announced|
|Online choice filling||To be announced|
|Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|Reporting at allotted college||To be announced|
UKSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria of UKSEE 2021 to avoid unnecessary mistakes. Under the Uttarakhand quota, candidates who have passed/are appearing in the qualifying examination in other states, but have domicile of Uttarakhand, can also apply for admissions. Qualifying candidates from Uttarakhand board universities and institutions are eligible as well.
Candidates who have passed or qualified either of the three: CAT/MAT/GPAT can directly go for the counseling process without sitting for the UKSEE 2021 exam and candidates who have cleared CAT/MAT are given first preference.
The eligibility criteria for every course is different, the candidates will have to check it before applying for UKSEE 2021 Exam. The eligibility criteria for each course is given below:
Bachelor of Engineering & Technology (Lateral Entry)
Candidates should have passed diploma with a minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates. Candidate should have passed B.Sc. Degree (along with the subjects of engineering drawing or engineering graphics and engineering mechanics) with at least 45% marks for general category (40% for SC/ST) and passed 10+2 with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and the third subject being either of the three: Mathematics/Biotechnology/Biology with minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates. Candidates opting for B.Pharma lateral entry for 2nd year must have passed diploma from an institute or university recognized and approved by AICTE with 45% for the general category and 40% for the reserved category.
Hotel Management: Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with English as a compulsory subject and minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
Master of Computer Application: Candidates should have completed a Bachelor's Degree with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
Master of Business Administration: Candidates should have completed a Bachelor's Degree with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
Master of Technology: Candidates should have completed a Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
UKSEE 2021 Syllabus
The UKSEE 2021 Syllabus will comprise of subjects from the secondary level and graduate level. The syllabus for UKSEE 2021 will depend upon the course which the candidates have applied for and is as listed below:
- B.Pharm (I Year) Paper 1 and Paper 2 or Paper 3
- BHMCT (I Year) Paper 4
- MCA (I Year) Paper 5
- MBA (I Year) Paper 10
- M.Pharm (I Year) Paper 11
- M.Tech (I Year) Paper 12
- B. Tech 2nd year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) Paper 6
- B. Pharm 2nd year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders) Paper 7
- B. Tech 2nd year (for B.Sc. Graduates) Paper 8
- MCA (Lateral entry) for BCA/B.Sc, CS/IT Students Paper 9
UKSEE 2021 Application Form
The UKSEE 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website of UKSEE.
The registration fee will be INR 1500 for General/OBC category candidates and INR 750 for SC/ST category candidates. It should be paid during the submission of the Application Form.
Scanned passport size photograph and signature will also be required to upload in the Application Form. After the final submission, they have to collect the payment receipt and submit it to the Study Centre for confirmation of admission.
UKSEE 2021 Registration
Before filling up the UKSEE Registration, the candidates will have to register themselves on the registration portal. The candidates can follow the steps given below to complete the registration:
Steps to Register for UKSEE 2021
Candidates are advised to follow the mentioned steps to successfully Register for UKSEE 2021.
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the 'New Registration' link.
- Step 3: Select the program that you want to apply for.
- Step 4: Enter your Email ID, Mobile number, DOB.
- Step 5: Set a password that you can remember, and click on the 'Submit' button.
The candidates must give an authentic mobile number and email ID, as all the communication would further be carried out on those addresses only.
How to Apply for UKSEE?
To apply for UKSEE Exam, the candidates should follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and log in using the details you had fed while registering.
- Step 2: Enter personal details and educational qualifications.
- Step 3: Upload scanned images of Photograph and Signature.
- Step 4: Payment of Application Fee. Payment can be made through valid credit/debit card or net banking.
- Step 5: Submit the Application Form and take a printout.
Documents required to Apply for UKSEE
The following are the documents required when a candidate is applying for UKSEE Exam:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Scanned image of Photograph and Signature
- Domicile Certificate
- A valid credit/debit card or net banking for Application Fee payment
UKSEE 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to go through the examination pattern before attempting the exam, to avoid confusion and generate an idea about the structure. UKSEE 2021 Exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Exam Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for every correct answer (no negative marking)|
|Language Medium||English and Hindi|
UKSEE 2021 Admit Card
The availability dates for UKSEE 2021 Admit card has not been announced yet by the organizing authorities. The candidates who have successfully registered for the UKSEE Exam can download the Admit Card from the official website. The UKSEE 2021 Admit Card will be available soon.
The candidates must carry the Admit Card to the Exam Centre, if failed then the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
The allotted test center and venue will be mentioned on the Admit Card. Candidates must preserve the Admit Card till the admission process is over.
How to Download UKSEE 2021 Admit Card?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the UKSEE 2021 Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Admit Card' link.
- Step 3: Enter Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Step 4: Click on the Submit button.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the Admit Card.
UKSEE 2021 Exam Centres
The UKSEE 2021 will be conducted in various centers across India. The Coordination Committee, UKSEE has the right to allot or cancel any Exam Centre.
The list of Exam Centres for UKSEE 2021 is given below.
Coordination Committee, UKSEE will make every possible effort to allocate centers to candidates as per their preference or to the nearest place opted by the candidates.
Candidates should carry Admit Card and a valid Government ID proof to the Exam Centre.
Note: If there are less than 20 students at any center (online), then the center will be considered offline. The information about the mode of examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
Documents required on UKSEE 2021 Exam Day
The following are the documents which candidates will have to carry to the UKSEE Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID Proof
- Passport size photographs
UKSEE 2021 Result
The candidates can check their UKSEE 2021 Result on the official website after it has been made available by the conducting authority. The UKSEE scorecard will carry pieces of information like Merit Position, Scorecard with total marks, marks obtained in each subject, etc.
Answer Keys will be available on the website www.uktech.ac.in after the declaration of the result.
The candidates will have to carry the scorecard during the counselling process.
How to Download UKSEE Result?
The candidates can follow the steps give below to Download UKSEE Result from the official website of the conducting authority:
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on 'UKSEE Scorecard' link.
- Step 3: Enter Registration Number and DOB to log in.
- Step 4: Click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the Scorecard.
UKSEE 2021 Cut off
The UKSEE 2021 Cut off is the minimum marks that a candidate has to obtain to get Admission into the course that they have applied for. Based on the performance of candidates in UKSEE 2021, a separate merit list will be prepared for each course.
If some candidates score the same marks then the following methods will be applied to give the Ranks to those candidates:
- Incorrect Answers: A candidate giving a lesser number of incorrect answers will be placed at higher merit.
- Age: A candidate with higher age will be placed at higher merit.
- Score: A candidate who has secured higher marks in the qualifying examination will be placed at higher merit.
UKSEE 2021 Counselling
Candidates who successfully qualify through the cut off announced by the organizing authorities will be called for counselling session. The UKSEE 2021 Counselling (Offline) will be held at the university campus. Candidates who will be selected for counselling will have to submit INR 1000 in the form of DD in favor of the Finance Controller, UTU payable at Dehradun at the time of counselling.
Candidates will be getting the available state quota seats on the merit cum choice basis. Lateral entry seats will be filled only by Uttarakhand candidates.
The decisions taken by the examination authority for admissions of students for various government and private colleges will be considered as the final result.
How to Prepare for UKSEE?
The candidates who are aspiring to write UKSEE can follow the important preparation tips given below:
- The UKSEE Syllabus is different for every course. Before starting your preparation go through the syllabus.
- Prepare a schedule and plan your everyday activity it will help you to manage time.
- Take mock tests frequently to assess your performance and learn from your mistakes.
- Prepare notes whenever you are studying you can refer to it when you are revising.
- There are a lot of study materials available for each subject, refer to it to complete the whole syllabus.
- Do proper revision before the exam for better results.
Courses offered through UKSEE
The following are the courses that are offered through UKSEE Exam:
|Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHMCT – I Year)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm. – I Year)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) Lateral Entry 2nd year||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Lateral Entry 2nd year||3 Years|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA – I Year)||2 Years|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA – I Year)||2 Years|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA), Lateral Entry 2nd year||1 Year|
|Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharma – I Year)||2 Years|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech – I Year)||2 Years|
Guidelines for UKSEE 2021
Mentioned below are few guidelines for UKSEE 2021, for candidates to develop a better understanding of the admission process.
- As per the guidelines of the organizing authorities of UKSEE 2021, filling the application form, following all given instructions, is a mandatory step that all the applicants are supposed to follow. There will not be any refunds for the paid application fees under any circumstances.
- While filling the application form, candidates should go through the provided information carefully because there is no option of post-editing the application form.
- Fulfilling all pre-defined eligibility condition is compulsory for all applicants.
- Providing false information during the application process will result in admission cancellation.
- University reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the UKSEE even though his/her Admit Card/Roll Number has been issued.
- University holds the right to withdraw any application if the admission is granted inadvertently or the eligibility criteria are not met.
- The change of category after the application is submitted is not permitted. The fee shall not be refunded in the event of rejection of the application.
- Candidates are advised to provide the required personal information carefully.
- The official records of entrance examination and counselling will only be preserved for a period of 1 year from the date of entrance exam.
- In all the matters relating to examination and admission, the decision of the University/Counselling Board and Government of Uttarakhand as the case may be shall be final.
- A candidate found using unfair means in the entrance examination will invite the cancellation of his/her result, non-refund of the examination fee, and punishment as may be deemed proper by the examination committee of the university and as per the provision of law.
- Unfair/illegal actions during the attempt will not be tolerated and would result in immediate cancellation of the application. Punishment as per the provision of law will be implemented if required.
UKSEE 2021 Contact Details
If there are any queries regarding UKSEE Exam the candidates can contact the official conducting authority.
Uttarakhand Technical University
Post Office, Chandanwadi, Prem Nagar
Sudhowala, Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
Pin – 248007
Phone: +91-0135-2770059, 2770126, +91-0135-2770127, 2770128
Email: [email protected]
Can I fill the UKSEE Application Form offline?
No, the candidates will have to fill the Application online mode only.
Can I make changes in the UKSEE Application Form?
No, once the Application form is submitted the candidates will not be allowed to make changes.
I have domicile certificate of Uttarakhand can I apply for UKSEE?
Yes, the candidates who have the domicile certificate can apply for the Exam even if they are studying in some other state.
Is UKSEE conducted only in offline mode?
Yes, UKSEE is conducted in offline mode only i.e. Paper Based Test.
Is there negative marking in UKSEE Exam?
No, there is no negative marking in UKSEE Exam the candidates can attempt all the questions.