Looking forward to do Hotel Management course from top institutes in Uttarakhand? UKSEE is an entrance exam conducted for students aspiring to do various courses in government and private institutes. This exam is usually conducted in the month of May.
- What is UKSEE?
- Exam Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- UKSEE Results
- Selection Process
- How to prepare for UKSEE?
- Courses offered through UKSEE
- Guidelines for UKSEE
- Related Exams
What is UKSEE?
The Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE) is a state level entrance examination conducted for admission into various courses such as B. Pharm, Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM), MCA, and lateral entry to II year MCA & B. Tech in different private, self-financed and government institutes of Uttarakhand.
- Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun was established on January 27th, 2005 by Govt. of Uttarakhand through the Uttarakhand Technical University Act 2005.
- UKSEE is conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University every academic year for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Around 33,000 students are expected to apply for admission in various courses in 2020. There are 8 Constituent and 132 affiliated colleges under UTU.
- Candidates having Uttarakhand State domicile will be eligible to apply for lateral entry in the programs such as B. Tech, B. Pharma, MCA.
|Exam Name||Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Uttarakhand Technical University|
|No. of Papers||9|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question's (MCQ's)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Mark for Correct Answers No Negative Marking|
|Courses Offered||B.Pharma, BHMCT, MCA, B.Pharma, MBA, M.Pharma, M.Tech, MCA (LE), B.Tech (LE), and B.pharma (LE)|
UKSEE Exam will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PPT). The candidates who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria can Apply for the UKSEE 2020 Exam.
The UKSEE 2020 Exam Dates will be announced by the official conducting authority. Below mentioned are the dates of some of the important events related to UKSEE Exam:
|Availability of Application Form||April 27, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||May 11, 2020|
|Admit Card||May 13, 2020|
|Exam Date||On May 18, 2020 and May 19, 2020|
|Result||June 10, 2020|
|Counselling||June 17, 2020|
NOTE: The above-mentioned dates are tentative. The Exam Dates will be updated once the official authority announces the dates.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for UKSEE?
Only the candidates who satisfy UKSEE Eligibility Criteria can apply for the exam. The candidates who have passed/are appearing in the qualifying examination in other states, but have domicile of Uttarakhand are eligible to apply for admission under Uttarakhand quota
The Eligibility Criteria for every course is different, the candidates will have to check it before applying for UKSEE Exam. The Eligibility for each course is given below:
- Bachelor of Engineering & Technology (Lateral Entry) - Candidates should have passed diploma with minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates. Candidate should have Passed B.Sc. Degree with at least 45% Marks for general category (40% for SC/ST) and passed 10+2 with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Pharmacy - Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/Biotechnology/Biology with minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Hotel Management - Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with English as a compulsory subject and minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Master of Computer Application - Candidates should have passed a Bachelor's Degree with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Master of Business Administration - Candidates should have passed a Bachelor's Degree with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
- Master of Technology - Candidates should have passed a Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
The UKSEE 2020 Syllabus will comprise of subjects from the secondary level and graduate level. Syllabus for UKSEE will depend upon the course which the candidates have applied for and is as listed below:
- B.Pharm (I Year) Paper 1 and Paper 2 or Paper 3
- BHMCT (I Year) Paper 4
- MCA (I Year) Paper 5
- MBA (I Year) Paper 10
- M.Pharm (I Year) Paper 11
- M.Tech (I Year) Paper 12
- B. Tech 2nd year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) Paper 6
- B. Pharm 2nd year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders) Paper 7
- B. Tech 2nd year (for B.Sc. Graduates) Paper 8
- MCA (Lateral entry) for BCA/B.Sc, CS/IT Students Paper 9
The UKSEE Application Form will be available on the official website of UKSEE from April 27, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is May 11, 2020.
Registration Fee will be INR 1500 for General/OBC category candidates and INR 750 for SC/ST category candidates. It should be paid during the submission of the Application Form.
Scanned passport size photograph and signature will also be required to upload in the Application Form. After the final submission, they have to collect the payment receipt and submit it to the Study Centre for confirmation of admission.
How to Register for UKSEE?
Before filling up the UKSEE Application Form the candidates will have to Register themselves. The candidates can follow the steps given below to successfully complete Registration:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the New Registration link
- Step 3: Select the program that you want to apply for
- Step 4: Enter your Email ID, Mobile number, DOB
- Step 5: Set a Password and click on the Submit button
How to Apply for UKSEE?
To Apply for UKSEE Exam the candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and log in
- Step 2: Enter personal details and educational qualification
- Step 3: Upload scanned images of Photograph and Signature
- Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- Step 5: Submit the Application Form and take a Printout
Documents required to Apply for UKSEE
The following are the documents required when a candidate is applying for UKSEE Exam:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Scanned image of Photograph and Signature
- Domicile Certificate
- A valid credit/debit/net banking for Application Fee payment
UKSEE will be conducted offline i.e. (Pen & Paper-based Test). The medium of question paper will be English.
The question paper will contain 9 papers with Multiple Choice Question's (MCQ's) and each paper has a different duration.
There is no negative marking in UKSEE Exam. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be added to the total.
The candidates who have successfully registered for the UKSEE Exam can download the Admit Card from the official website. The UKSEE 2020 Admit Card will be available from May 13, 2020.
The candidates must carry the Admit Card to the Exam Centre, if failed then the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
The test centre and venue will be available on the Admit Card. Candidates must preserve the Admit Card till the admission process is over.
How to Download UKSEE Admit Card?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to Download the UKSEE 2020 Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the Admit Card link
- Step 3: Enter Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Step 4: Click on the Submit button
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the Admit Card
The UKSEE 2020 will be conducted in various centres across India. The Coordination Committee UKSEE has the right to allot or cancel any Exam Centre.
Coordination Committee will make every possible effort to allocate centres to candidates as per their preference or to the nearest place opted by the candidates.
Candidates should carry Admit Card and a valid Government Id proof to the Exam Centre.
Note: If there are less than 20 students at any centre (online), then the centre will be considered offline. The information about the mode of examination will be mentioned on the Admit Card
Documents required on UKSEE Exam day
The following are the documents which candidates will have to carry to the UKSEE Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID Proof
- Passport size photographs
The candidates can check their UKSEE 2020 Results on the official website of the conducting authority.
The UKSEE scorecard will carry pieces of information like Merit Position, Scorecard with total marks, marks obtained in each subject, etc.
And Answer Keys will be available on the website www.uktech.ac.in after the declaration of result.
The candidates will have to carry the Scorecard during the Counselling Process.
How to Download UKSEE Result?
The candidates can follow the steps give below to Download UKSEE Result from the official website of the conducting authority:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on UKSEE Scorecard link
- Step 3: Enter Registration Number and DOB to log in
- Step 4: Click on the Submit button
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the Scorecard
The UKSEE Cutoff is the minimum marks that a candidate has to obtain to get Admission into the course that they have applied for.
Based on the performance of candidates in UKSEE 2020, a separate merit list will be prepared for each course.
If some candidates score the same marks then the following methods will be applied to give the Ranks to those candidates:
- Incorrect Answers: A candidate giving a lesser number of incorrect answers will be placed at higher merit.
- Age: A candidate with higher age will be placed at higher merit.
- Score: A candidate who has secured high marks in the qualifying examination will be placed at higher merit.
The candidates whose names are on the UKSEE 2020 Merit List will be called for the Counselling Process. Only the eligible candidates will be given Admission to the course that they have applied for.
The UKSEE 2020 Counselling (Offline) will commence from June 17, 2020 which will be held at the university campus. Candidates who will be selected for Counselling will have to submit ₹1000 in the form of DD in favor of the Finance Controller, UTU payable at Dehradun at the time of Counselling.
Candidates will be getting the available state quota seats on the merit cum choice basis. Lateral entry seats will be filled only by Uttarakhand candidates only.
The decisions taken by the examination authority for admissions of students for various government and private colleges will be considered as the final result.
How to Prepare for UKSEE?
The candidates who are aspiring to write UKSEE can follow the important Preparation tips given below:
- The UKSEE Syllabus is different for every course. Before starting your preparation go through the Syllabus.
- Prepare a schedule and plan your everyday activity it will help you to manage time.
- Take mock tests frequently assess your performance and learn from your mistakes.
- Prepare notes whenever you are studying you can refer to it when you are revising.
- There are a lot of study materials available for each subject, refer to it to complete the whole Syllabus.
- Do proper revision before the exam for better results.
Courses offered through UKSEE
The following are the courses that are offered through UKSEE Exam:
|Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHMCT – I Year)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm. – I Year)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) Lateral Entry 2nd year||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Lateral Entry 2nd year||3 Years|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA – I Year)||2 Years|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA – I Year)||2 Years|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA), Lateral Entry 2nd year||1 Year|
|Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharma – I Year)||2 Years|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech – I Year)||2 Years|
Guidelines for UKSEE
- The applicants are required to fill the Application Form and fee by ONLINE mode. The examination fee shall not be refunded under any circumstances. The candidates have to complete the online Application Form in all respect and also to upload his/her photograph in the appropriate box.
- The candidates are further advised to re-check the entries/information provided by him/her before submitting the same as there is no option for editing the entries after submission of the Application Form. After submitting the form, the candidate is required to take the print of the submitted form (hard copy). The candidates are advised to retain the copy of the form submitted to the University for their further reference and queries.
- Only appearing in the UKSEE does not confer any rights to secure a seat in UKSEE course state quota seats. The candidates will have to satisfy all the eligibility criteria to get a seat in state quota.
- The fee shall neither be carried forward to a future date not refunded under any circumstances.
- In case the information provided by the candidate found wrong in the Application Form, his/her application will be summarily rejected. If any candidate secures admission in the college/institute by providing wrong information in his/her application, detected later on in due course, his/her admission will be canceled at the cost and risk of the candidate.
- Candidate eligibility is purely provisional and is subject to the fulfillment of Eligibility Criteria as prescribed in this Information Brochure, during subsequent verifications of his/her documents at Counselling, admission or afterward.
- University reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the UKSEE even though his/her Admit Card/Roll Number has been issued.
- Instructions in the Information Brochure are liable to change based on decisions consciously taken by the University/Counselling Board/Technical Education Department, Uttarakhand Government from time to time. There is no equity or any rights that are/or deemed to be arising in favor of a candidate.
- The candidate must ensure before filling the Application Form that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for admission/appearing in the entrance examination. Change of category is not permitted at the later stage. The fee once paid shall not be refunded in the event of rejection of the application. Only eligible candidates will be considered for admission.
- The candidates are advised to give their complete mailing address, ID proof details, and correct contact telephone numbers and email in the application form.
- The records of the entrance examination & Counselling shall be preserved only for a period of one year from the date of the entrance examination.
- In all the matters relating to examination and admission, the decision of the University/Counselling Board and Government of Uttarakhand as the case may be shall be final.
- A candidate found using unfair means in the entrance examination will invite the cancellation of his/her result, non-refund of Examination Fee and punishment as may be deemed proper by the examination committee of the University and as per the provision of law.
- In case of any ambiguity in the interpretation of any of the instructions/terms/rules/criteria, the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/Registration of candidate/information contained herein, the interpretation of the university/Counselling Board as the case may be, will be final and binding.
If there are any queries regarding UKSEE Exam the candidates can contact the official conducting authority.
UKSEE Contact Details
Uttarakhand Technical University
Q. Can I fill the Application Form offline?
Ans. No, the candidates will have to fill the Application online mode only.
Q. Can I make changes in the Application Form?
Ans. No, once the Application form is submitted the candidates will not be allowed to make changes.
Q. I have domicile certificate of Uttarakhand can I apply for UKSEE?
Ans. Yes, the candidates who have the domicile certificate can apply for the Exam even if they are studying in some other state.
Q. Is UKSEE conducted only in offline mode?
Ans. Yes, UKSEE is conducted in offline mode only i.e. Paper Based Test.
Q. Is there negative marking in UKSEE Exam?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in UKSEE Exam the candidates can attempt all the questions.