Latest Update: The JEMAT 2020 application forms were released on April 15, 2020. Candidates can register online until the last date i.e; May 30, 2020.
JEMAT exam is conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal. Prepare yourself for JEMAT Exam by going through the tips and tricks given below.
- What is JEMAT Exam?
- JEMAT 2020 Exam Date
- JEMAT 2020 Eligibility
- JEMAT 2020 Syllabus
- JEMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- JEMAT 2020 Application Form Apply Now
- JEMAT 2020 Exam Centres
- JEMAT 2020 Admit Card
- JEMAT 2020 Preparation
- JEMAT 2020 Result
- JEMAT 2020 Counselling
- JEMAT 2020 Books
- JEMAT Contact Details
What is JEMAT Exam?
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT), also known as WBJEMAT, is a state-level entrance examination conducted for admission into MBA, MHA, and PG Diploma in Management.
- Conducting Body: JEMAT is conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUTWB) formerly known as the West Bengal University of Technology on behalf of the State Government as per the guidelines framed by AICTE and policy framework laid down by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Level: JEMAT is a state-level competitive entrance exam recognized and accepted by all the Government and Private Management Institutions in the State of West Bengal for offering admissions into courses like MBA, MHA and PG Diploma in Management.
- Frequency: JEMAT is conducted once every year.
- Exam Date & Mode: JEMAT 2020 will be conducted through Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on June 3, 2020.
- No. of attempts: A candidate can attempt multiple times for this exam. There is no set limit.
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is a state-level test conducted for admission in the MBA programs in the colleges of West Bengal. All the JEMAT 2020 important exam details are listed below:
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal|
|Date||June 3, 2020|
|Mode of Examination||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Offered Courses||MBA, MHA, and PG Diploma in Management|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Sections||English, Mathematics, and Logical Reasoning|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Time Duration||2 hours i.e. 120 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for the correct answer,
-0.25 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions
JEMAT 2020 Exam Dates
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), West Bengal, released the important dates of JEMAT 2020. In the article given below, all the JEMAT 2020 Important Dates such as the admit card download date, registration deadline date, application dates, result date, GD/PI and counseling dates are mentioned.
- Registration Date: Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. jemat.eadmissions.net/ from April 15, 2020 (tentative) and the last date to submit the JEMAT Application Form will be on May 30, 2020.
- Admit Card: Admit Card will be available online for candidates from May 23, 2020.
- Examination: JEMAT 2020 will be conducted through Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on June 3, 2020.
- Results: Result will be declared on the official website for all the candidates on June 18, 2020.
- Counseling: Candidates who have cleared the JEMAT 2020 will be called for the counseling process which will be held on July 10, 2020.
All the JEMAT 2020 Important Dates are mentioned in the table given below -
|Events||Dates(Phase I)||Dates(Phase II)|
|Online Application Start Date||May 8, 2020||April 15, 2020|
|Online Application End Date||May 26, 2020||May 30, 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||May 28, 2020||May 23, 2020|
|JEMAT 2020 Exam||June 2, 2020||June 3, 2020|
|Result announcement||June 18, 2020||June 18, 2020|
|GD/PI sessions||June 24, 2020||August 28, 2020|
|Counseling session||July 11, 2020||July 10, 2020|
JEMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
We suggest the aspirants go through the JEMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. Given below are some of the eligibility standards that an individual must satisfy to appear for the JEMAT Exam 2020.
- Educational Qualification:
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Dental/ Agriculture with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.
- The candidates appearing in the final year examination of the above-mentioned programs or equivalent are also eligible to apply for JEMAT.
- However, degrees acquired through any distance education program are not eligible.
- Candidates in the final year will be granted provisional admission and will have to submit their final mark sheet before a prescribed deadline.
- Age Limit: The is no specific age limit to apply for JEMAT.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen. If the candidate is from outside India then he/she should submit the nationality certificate. If the candidate is from Bhutan or Nepal, he/she must submit NOC from their High Commission.
JEMAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates must know the syllabus of JEMAT 2020 in detail. There is a list of topics that candidates must study for scoring well in the examination. JEMAT 2020 Syllabus includes three topics - English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning. The eligible candidates can start preparing by going through the syllabus.
|Number System||Percentage||Simple Interest|
|Time and Work||Ratio and Proportion||Compound Interest|
|Probability||Linear Equations||Profit and Loss|
|LCM and HCF||Surds and Indices||Geometry|
|Trigonometry||Permutation and Combination||Mensuration|
|Set Theory||Quadratic Equations||-|
Logical Reasoning Section:
|Bar Graphs||Venn Diagram||Tables|
|Pie Charts||Line Charts||Columns and Graphs|
|Antonyms||Fill in the Blanks||Summary Question|
|Synonyms||Analogies and Reverse Analogies||Facts/Inferences/Judgements|
|Grammar||Word Meaning||Reading Comprehension|
|Sentence Correction||Verbal Reasoning||Jumbled Paragraphs|
- Reference Books: The candidates can refer to the books which are referred by the conducting authority and the previous year topper students.
- Previous Year Question Paper: Candidate can check the previous year question paper to have better clarity about the syllabus.
JEMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
As per the JEMAT 2020 exam pattern, it is an objective test that consists of only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The test is conducted in offline mode. JEMAT 2020 exam has a total of 100 questions which is further divided into three sections - Mathematics, English and Logical Reasoning.
- Sections: The question paper consists of 3 sections which include English, Mathematics, and Logical Reasoning.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes.
- No. of Questions: English - 40, Mathematics - 40, and Logical Reasoning - 20.
- Marking Scheme: +1 marks will be given for the correct answers and -0.25 mark will be reduced for incorrect answers and no negative marking for unanswered questions.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English.
JEMAT 2020 Application Form
Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. jemat.eadmissions.net/ from April 15, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on May 30, 2020.
- Registration Fee: The Registration Fee for general category candidates is INR 600/- and for SC/ ST category candidates is INR 300/- which can be paid online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or cash challan.
- Submission of Form: The filled JEMAT 2020 Application Form along with the corresponding Registration Fees needs to be submitted to the following address: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal BF – 142, Sector – 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700064.
After going through the application form the candidates can go through the application procedure to understand the steps to avoid error and save time.
JEMAT 2020 Exam Centres
JEMAT is conducted in the selected cities in the state of West Bengal. JEMAT will be conducted across 11 centers (Kolkata, Salt Lake, Hoogly, Madhyamgram, Kalyani, Haldia, Berhampur, Siliguri, Kharagpur, Durgapur).
- Preference: A candidate appearing for JEMAT shall give his/ her preference for the center, however, the Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the center and venue.
- Note: No request for change of center/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
JEMAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card will be available online for candidates from May 23, 2020. JEMAT Admit Card will not be sent to the test-takers through post or email.
- Download: Admit Card will be made available for download from the scheduled date. Registered candidates can download their Admit Cards by using their Application Number and Password.
- Identity Verification: The candidates should carry the current valid photo identity issued by the government (bearing the same name as it appears on the Hall Ticket) which should be submitted to the invigilator for verification.
- Details: The details present in the JEMAT 2020 Admit Card is the name of the student, date of birth, registration number, exam center, exam date, and exam time.
Admit card contains important information such as registration number, Exam Centre, etc and this information is also required to check the result.
How to prepare for JEMAT Exam?
JEMAT exam takes place two times in a year. So, if you are planning to appear for the test you must start your preparation as soon as possible. You must dedicate at least six months to practice and learn the important concepts to prepare well for the JEMAT Exam.
- Make sure that you study a few hours daily. MBA is all about management, so you need to prepare yourself by doing little effort every day.
- Read newspapers daily to improve your grammar, vocabulary, and reading speed.
- Make sure that you read all the questions given in the JEMAT question paper carefully and then attempt them.
Also, go through previous years' JEMAT question papers and practice them.
JEMAT 2020 Results
The result will be declared on the official website for all the candidates on June 18, 2020. JEMAT results for the exam will be declared on the official website of JEMAT on June 18, 2020. The candidates will need their registration number and password to access their JEMAT 2020 result.
- Scorecard: The candidates who have appeared for the exam can download their JEMAT 2020 Results by using their login credentials.
- Tie Break:
- Profile: The educational background of the candidate is analyzed and the best one is given the position.
- Work experience: this will be used as the second parameter, students who have higher work experience in a managerial position will be given higher marks and the seat will be allotted.
- Age: this is the last step; the student older in age will be given the seat.
- Cut-off: JEMAT 2020 Cut-Off is the minimum cut off marks that must be secured by the candidate so that he/ she can appear for the further rounds of GD/ PI.
- Shortlisted: The shortlisted candidates will be called for GD/ PI, followed by Counselling.
JEMAT Cutoff 2020
MAKAUT will release the JEMAT cutoff 2020 after the declaration of result. JEMAT cutoff 2020 is the minimum marks required by the candidates to qualify for selection rounds. The JEMAT cutoff 2020 will be different for various institutes. JEMAT cutoff 2020 will be released tentatively in the month of August. Candidates have to qualify and clear the minimum cutoff defined by each college and their eligibility requirement.
JEMAT 2020 Counselling
The Candidates who have cleared the JEMAT 2020 will be called for the counseling process which will be held on July 10, 2020. Candidates who manage to score above or equal to qualifying marks in JEMAT Exam 2020 will be called for the counseling process.
The candidates must provide the following documents at the time of reporting for JEMAT 2020 Counselling:
- JEMAT Admit Card
- JEMAT Score Card
- Mark Sheet - 10th standard
- Mark Sheet - 12th standard
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Call letter
- Caste/Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft Details (photocopy of Demand Draft)
- Counseling Fee: Candidates enlisted in the merit list will have to pay a Counseling Fee of INR 500.00 at the time of Counseling.
- Counseling Phases: The counseling consists of the following phases: General Discussion/ Personal Interview.
Here is the JEMAT colleges list.
JEMAT Preparation Books
This section is a combination of reading comprehension and verbal ability. Candidates appearing for JEMAT Exam should make sure that they go through these reference books given below to prepare themselves for the exam.
JEMAT Reference Books- English Language
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|30 Days To More Powerful Vocabulary||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Grammar Error Spot||A.Uphadhaya|
|A Mirror Of Common Errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh|
|Proficiency in Reading Comprehension simplifying the “Passage” for you||Ajay Singh|
JEMAT Reference Books - Mathematics
|How To Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|A Complete Manual for the CAT||Arihant|
|Mathematics for MBA||R.S Aggarwal|
|Vedic Mathematics||Dr. Aditi Singhal|
|Mathematics Papers||Kiran Publications|
JEMAT Reference Books - Logical Reasoning
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Agarwal|
|How To Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
JEMAT - Practise Books
|MBA Complete Book||Chandresh Agarwal|
|Complete Guide for MBA||Disha Publications|
JEMAT Contact Details
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
- Chairperson, Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test – 2020 (JEMAT - 2020)
- Phone Number: (033) 2321 0731 / 1327
- Email Id: [email protected]
- Official Website: jemat.eadmissions.net