JEMAT stands for Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test, which is an entrance test conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, on behalf of the West Bengal Government. This exam is mainly for the candidates who want to seek admissions into MBA/PGDM programmes offered by the government and the private colleges across the state of West Bengal. Read the full article below, to know more about JEMAT 2021.
JEMAT exam is conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal. Prepare yourself for JEMAT Exam by going through the tips and tricks given below.
- What is JEMAT Exam?
- JEMAT 2021 Exam Date
- JEMAT 2021 Eligibility
- JEMAT 2021 Syllabus
- JEMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- JEMAT 2021 Application Form
- JEMAT 2021 Exam Centres
- JEMAT 2021 Admit Card
- JEMAT 2021 Preparation
- JEMAT 2021 Result
- JEMAT 2021 Counselling
- JEMAT 2021 Books
- JEMAT Contact Details
What is JEMAT Exam?
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT), also known as WBJEMAT, is a state-level entrance examination conducted for admission into MBA, MHA, and PG Diploma in Management.
- Conducting Body: JEMAT is conducted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUTWB) formerly known as the West Bengal University of Technology on behalf of the State Government as per the guidelines framed by AICTE and policy framework laid down by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Level: JEMAT is a state-level competitive entrance exam recognized and accepted by all the Government and Private Management Institutions in the State of West Bengal for offering admissions into courses like MBA, MHA and PG Diploma in Management.
- Frequency: JEMAT is conducted once every year.
- Exam Date & Mode: JEMAT 2021 will be conducted through Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) tentatively in the second week of June, 2021.
- No. of attempts: A candidate can appear multiple times for this exam. There is no set limit.
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is a state-level test conducted for admission in the MBA programs in the colleges of West Bengal. All the JEMAT 2021 important exam details are given below:
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal|
|Mode of Examination||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Offered Courses||MBA, MHA, and PG Diploma in Management|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Sections||English, Mathematics, and Logical Reasoning|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Time Duration||2 hours i.e. 120 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for the correct answer,
-0.25 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions
JEMAT 2021 Exam Dates
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), West Bengal, released the important dates of JEMAT 2021. In the article given below, all the JEMAT 2021 Important Dates such as the admit card download date, registration deadline date, application dates, result date, GD/PI, and counseling dates are mentioned.
- Registration Date: The JEMAT 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. jemat.eadmissions.net from the first week of April, 2021.
- Examination: JEMAT 2021 will be conducted through Offline Mode, i.e., Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) in the first week of June, 2021.
The JEMAT 2021 Important Dates are mentioned in the table given below -
|JEMAT 2021 Application Form Start Date||First week of April, 2021|
|JEMAT 2021 Application Form End Date||Second week of May, 2021|
|JEMAT 2021 (II) Application Form End Date||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release Date||Last week of May, 2021|
|JEMAT 2021 Mock Test - Online||To be announced|
|JEMAT 2021 (II) Mock Test - Online||To be announced|
|JEMAT 2021 Exam||June, 2021|
|JEMAT 2021 (II) Exam||To be announced|
|JEMAT 2021 Result announcement||July, 2021|
|JEMAT 2021 Result (II) announcement||To be announced|
|GD/PI sessions||To be announced|
|Counselling session||To be announced|
JEMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate's application can be cancelled at any time during the process of admission if the candidate is found to be ineligible for the examination. Applicants must go through the JEMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria listed below before filling the application form. Given below are some of the eligibility standards that an individual must satisfy to appear for the JEMAT Exam 2021.
- Educational Qualification:
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Dental/ Agriculture with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.
- The candidates appearing in the final year examination of the above-mentioned programs or equivalent are also eligible to apply for JEMAT.
- However, degrees acquired through any distance education program are not eligible.
- Candidates in the final year will be granted provisional admission and will have to submit their final mark sheet before a prescribed deadline.
- Age Limit: The is no specific age limit to apply for JEMAT.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen. If the candidate is from outside India then he/she should submit the nationality certificate. If the candidate is from Bhutan or Nepal, he/she must submit NOC from their High Commission.
JEMAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates must know the syllabus of JEMAT 2021 in detail. Going through the JEMAT 2021 Syllabus will help the aspirant to know what exactly to study and what not to study for the examination. There is a list of topics that candidates must study for scoring well in the examination. JEMAT 2021 Syllabus includes three topics - English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning. The eligible candidates can start preparing by going through the syllabus.
|Number System||Percentage||Simple Interest|
|Time and Work||Ratio and Proportion||Compound Interest|
|Probability||Linear Equations||Profit and Loss|
|LCM and HCF||Surds and Indices||Geometry|
|Trigonometry||Permutation and Combination||Mensuration|
|Set Theory||Quadratic Equations||-|
Logical Reasoning Section:
|Bar Graphs||Venn Diagram||Tables|
|Pie Charts||Line Charts||Columns and Graphs|
|Antonyms||Fill in the Blanks||Summary Question|
|Synonyms||Analogies and Reverse Analogies||Facts/Inferences/Judgements|
|Grammar||Word Meaning||Reading Comprehension|
|Sentence Correction||Verbal Reasoning||Jumbled Paragraphs|
- Reference Books: The candidates can refer to the books which are referred by the conducting authority and the previous year topper students.
- Previous Year Question Paper: Candidate can check the previous year question paper to have better clarity about the syllabus.
JEMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
As per the JEMAT 2021 exam pattern, it is an objective test that consists of only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The test is conducted in offline mode. JEMAT 2021 exam has a total of 100 questions which is further divided into three sections - Mathematics, English and Logical Reasoning.
- Sections: The question paper consists of 3 sections which include English, Mathematics, and Logical Reasoning.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes.
- No. of Questions: English - 40, Mathematics - 40, and Logical Reasoning - 20.
- Marking Scheme: +1 marks will be given for the correct answers and -0.25 mark will be reduced for incorrect answers and no negative marking for unanswered questions.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English.
JEMAT 2021 Application Form
The JEMAT 2021 application form will be available on the official website i.e. jemat.eadmissions.net, from April, 2021. Candidates need to register themselves with their respective valid email id and contact number. All other required details like educational and personal details should be uploaded by the applicant within the form.
The application process for the JEMAT 2021 is completely online. There will be no other application form available for the examination.
- Registration Fee: The Registration Fee for general category candidates is INR 600/- and for SC/ ST category candidates is INR 300/- which can be paid online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or cash challan.
- Submission of Form: The filled JEMAT 2021 Application Form along with the corresponding Registration Fees needs to be submitted to the following address: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal BF – 142, Sector – 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700064.
After going through the application form the candidates can go through the application procedure to understand the steps to avoid error and save time.
JEMAT 2021 Exam Centres
JEMAT is conducted in the selected cities in the state of West Bengal. JEMAT will be conducted across 11 centres (Kolkata, Salt Lake, Hoogly, Madhyamgram, Kalyani, Haldia, Berhampur, Siliguri, Kharagpur, Durgapur).
- Preference: A candidate appearing for JEMAT shall give his/ her preference for the centre, however, the Competent Authority reserves the right to allocate the centre and venue.
- Note: No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
JEMAT 2021 Admit Card
Admit Card will be available online for candidates from May, 2021 onwards. JEMAT 2021 Admit Card will not be sent to the test-takers through post or email.
- Download: Admit Card will be made available for download from the scheduled date. Registered candidates can download their Admit Cards by using their Application Number and Password.
- Identity Verification: The candidates should carry the current valid photo identity issued by the government (bearing the same name as it appears on the Hall Ticket) which should be submitted to the invigilator for verification.
- Details: The details present in the JEMAT 2021 Admit Card is the name of the student, date of birth, registration number, exam centre, exam date, and exam time.
Admit card contains important information such as registration number, Exam Centre, etc and this information is also required to check the result.
How to prepare for JEMAT 2021 Exam?
JEMAT exam takes place two times in a year. So, if you are planning to appear for the test you must start your preparation as soon as possible. You must dedicate at least six months to practice and learn the important concepts to prepare well for the JEMAT Exam.
- Make sure that you study a few hours daily. MBA is all about management, so you need to prepare yourself by doing little effort every day.
- Read newspapers daily to improve your grammar, vocabulary, and reading speed.
- Make sure that you read all the questions given in the JEMAT question paper carefully and then attempt them.
Also, go through previous years' JEMAT question papers and practice them.
JEMAT 2021 Results
The result will be declared on the official website for all the candidates. The candidates will need their registration number and password to access their JEMAT 2021 result.
- Scorecard: The candidates who have appeared for the exam can download their JEMAT 2021 Results by using their login credentials.
- Tie Break:
- Profile: The educational background of the candidate is analyzed and the best one is given the position.
- Work experience: this will be used as the second parameter, students who have higher work experience in a managerial position will be given higher marks and the seat will be allotted.
- Age: this is the last step; the student older in age will be given the seat.
- Cut-off: JEMAT 2021 Cut-Off is the minimum cut off marks that must be secured by the candidate so that he/ she can appear for the further rounds of GD/ PI.
- Shortlisted: The shortlisted candidates will be called for GD/ PI, followed by Counselling.
JEMAT 2021 Cutoff
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal will release the JEMAT 2021 cutoff after the declaration of result. JEMAT 2021 cutoff is the minimum marks required by the candidates to qualify for selection rounds. The cutoff marks will be different for various institutes. JEMAT 2021 cutoff release date has not been announced yet. Once it is released the JEMAT 2021 cutoff date will be updated here. Candidates have to qualify and clear the minimum cutoff defined by each college and their eligibility requirement.
JEMAT 2021 Counselling
The Candidates who have cleared the JEMAT 2021 will be called for the JEMAT 2021 counseling process.
The candidates must provide the following documents at the time of reporting for JEMAT 2021 Counselling:
- JEMAT Admit Card
- JEMAT Score Card
- Mark Sheet - 10th standard
- Mark Sheet - 12th standard
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Call letter
- Caste/Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft Details (photocopy of Demand Draft)
- Counseling Fee: Candidates enlisted in the merit list will have to pay a Counseling Fee of INR 500.00 at the time of Counseling.
- Counseling Phases: The counseling consists of the following phases: General Discussion/ Personal Interview.
Here is the JEMAT colleges list.
JEMAT 2021 Preparation Books
This section is a combination of reading comprehension and verbal ability. Candidates appearing for JEMAT Exam should make sure that they go through these reference books given below to prepare themselves for the exam.
JEMAT 2021 Reference Books- English Language
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|30 Days To More Powerful Vocabulary||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|Better English||Norman Lewis|
|Grammar Error Spot||A.Uphadhaya|
|A Mirror Of Common Errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh|
|Proficiency in Reading Comprehension simplifying the “Passage” for you||Ajay Singh|
JEMAT Reference Books - Mathematics
|How To Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|A Complete Manual for the CAT||Arihant|
|Mathematics for MBA||R.S Aggarwal|
|Vedic Mathematics||Dr. Aditi Singhal|
|Mathematics Papers||Kiran Publications|
JEMAT Reference Books - Logical Reasoning
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Agarwal|
|How To Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
JEMAT - Practise Books
|MBA Complete Book||Chandresh Agarwal|
|Complete Guide for MBA||Disha Publications|
JEMAT Contact Details
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
- Chairperson, Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test – 2021 (JEMAT - 2021)
- Phone Number: (033) 2321 0731 / 1327
- Email Id: [email protected]
- Official Website: jemat.eadmissions.net
Can a candidate who is awaiting the final result apply for the JEMAT?
Yes. A candidate must have passed/appeared in the qualifying examination.
What is the FEE to be paid for JEMAT?
The payable amount is either Rs. 600/- or Rs. 300/- depending on the category of the candidate.
Can the signature or photograph be uploaded at the later stage of the application?
No, you must make sure that you upload the documents before the payment of the fee.
How will I know that the application is submitted successfully?
On successful submission of the application, you will receive the registration number on the registered email id and phone number.
LIVE APPLICATION FORMS
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, [LBSIM] New Delhi
Xavier Institute of Social Service, [XISS] Ranchi
MBA (Total Fees) Rs. 760000
Siva Sivani Institute of Management, [SSIM] Secunderabad
PGDM (Total Fees) Rs. 6,50,000
Prestige Institute of Management Dewas, [PIMD] Dewas
Colleges Accepting JEMAT VIEW ALL
9 / 10
Courses & Fees Admission 2021
7 / 10
Courses & Fees Admission 2021