The University of Jammu conducts the Jammu University Entrance Test for candidates who want admission to Jammu University for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Postgraduate Diploma courses. The JUET Notification will be released on the official website by the University of Jammu.
- What is JUET Exam?
- JUET 2020 Exam Date
- JUET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- JUET 2020 Application Form
- JUET 2020 Exam Pattern
- JUET 2020 Syllabus
- JUET 2020 Admit Card
- JUET 2020 Exam Centres
- JUET 2020 Result
- JUET 2020 Cutoffs
- JUET 2020 Counselling
What is JUET Exam?
JUET stands for Jammu University Entrance Test. The University of Jammu conducts it to admit students to their undergraduate, postgraduate and postgraduate diploma courses. This exam is held annually.
However, admission to the University of Jammu depends on two factors-
- Merit in the qualifying exam i.e., Grade 12 scores for undergraduate programs and Aggregate scores in bachelor's degree for postgraduate and postgraduate diploma courses
- JUET scores
Essentially, 75% weightage is given to merit in qualifying exams and 25% to the JUET Exam.
JUET 2020 Exam Date
The University of Jammu conducts the JUET Exam generally in June. The JUET 2020 Exam Dates are as follows:
|JUET 2020 Notification||To be announced|
|Commencement of Online Application||To be announced|
|Last Dates for Online Application||To be announced|
|Online Applications accepted with late fee||To be announced|
|Download of e-Admit Card||To be announced|
|JUET 2020 Exam||To be announced|
|Answer Key Release for JUET 2020||To be announced|
|JUET 2020 Results||To be announced|
|JUET 2020 Counselling||To be announced|
JUET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Detailed information regarding program-wise eligibility is available on the official website juet.in.
Given below are the general eligibility criteria for JUET 2020.
There is no age limit prescribed by the University of Jammu
For the undergraduate program, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks ranging from 45% to 50%. For SC / ST candidates, minimum qualifying marks range from 40% to 45%
For the postgraduate program, the candidate must have passed the graduation Degree Program with minimum qualifying marks ranging from 50% to 55%. For SC / ST candidates, the minimum qualifying marks range from 45% to 50%.
For the postgraduate diploma program, the qualifications are similar to that of the postgraduate program.
Note: Academic qualifying marks may differ based on the chosen program.
JUET 2020 Application Form
Illustrated below is the process to be followed to register and apply for JUET 2020.
- On the official website of the University of Jammu, click on the 'Jammu University Entrance Test' tab on the bottom left of the homepage.
- The page is directed to the official page of JUET.
- Enter a valid Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Then, create a Password to register and click on the 'Continue' tab.
2. Filling of JUET Application Form:
- In this step, personal details, contact details, and documents need to be uploaded, such as Name of the applicant, Father's Name, Residential Address, Gender, Category, Course, Contact details, etc.
3. Upload Signature and Photograph:
- After filling the application form, the necessary documents in support of eligibility norms and qualifying status have to be uploaded according to the specifications given below.
|Photograph (passport-size)||2KB - 100 KB||jpeg|
|Signature||2KB - 100 KB||jpeg|
- After that, click on the 'Submit' tab
JUET 2020 Application Fee
The application fee can be paid online via net banking, Credit Card or Debit card, and offline through a 'challan.' The option for the method of payment must be specified in the application form.
For bank challan payment, an extra fee of INR 30 will be charged, and for payment via debit card, an additional fee of INR 20 will be charged.
JUET 2020 Exam Pattern
A thorough understanding of the exam pattern gives a candidate an advantage in any given exam. The table below will provide insight into the JUET 2020 Exam Pattern.
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Total no. of questions||150|
|Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Type of questions||Objective, Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||One mark is awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 marks deducted for every wrong answer.|
Further, below is a break-up of the marks and its division between various sections of the JUET Exam.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JUET 2020 Syllabus
The JUET 2020 syllabus consists of 4 sections, namely General English, General Knowledge, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning. For UG courses, the syllabus is based on classes 10 and 12, whereas, for PG courses, the syllabus will follow the UG level. Section-wise JUET 2020 Syllabus is as follows:
1. General English
- Arrangement of sentences
- Common Error
- Sentence Improvement
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Selection of misspelled/correctly words
- Reading Skills
- Idioms and Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Cloze Test
2. General Knowledge
- General Science
- Indian Economy
- Computer Knowledge
- Indian History
- Indian Polity
3. Numerical Ability
- Differential Equations
- Time and Work
- Height and Distance
- Analytical Geometry
- Stock and Shares
- Modern Algebra
- Linear Equations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Seating Arrangement
- Order and Ranking
- Cause and Effect
- Statement and Assumptions
- Statement and Course of action
- Statement and Argument
- Blood Relations
- Machine Input and Output
- Direction and Distance
JUET 2020 Admit Card
The JUET 2020 Admit Card will be available in the second week of June 2020. To download the JUET 2020 Admit Card, the candidate must visit the official website, log in using registered details, and access the 'Download Admit Card' tab.
It is advised that a candidate carefully goes through personal details on the admit card and check for any errors before taking a print out. The admit card needs to be produced at the exam centre compulsorily.
JUET 2020 Exam Centres
The following cities host the JUET exam:
JUET 2020 Result
JUET 2020 Results will be declared on the official website of the University of Jammu. To access the JUET 2020 scores, candidates have to enter their JUET 2020 Roll number, Date of Birth or Password.
How to view JUET 2020 results?
- Enter roll number, date of birth and password in the Applicant Login section on the official website
- Enter the security code and enter 'login.'
- The results i.e., total marks, sectional marks, qualifying marks, and the candidate's rank, will be displayed on the screen.
JUET 2020 Cutoffs (Merit List)
Cutoffs and qualifying marks are based on program-wise specifications. The JUET 2020 merit list is released by the admissions committee of the concerned department after the release of the JUET 2020 results. In the rank list, 75% weightage is given to the academic merit, and 25% weightage is given to the entrance exam score. Candidates are then shortlisted and called for counselling.
JUET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of JUET 2020 Results, rank-wise counselling dates are decided by the admission committee, and candidates are sent counselling call letters. In 2020, counselling dates were supposed to be in July. However, an official confirmation on these dates is yet to be received.
After receiving the counselling call letter, the candidate must carry the following documents on the day and centre prescribed to him/her:
- Class 10 and 12th Marksheets (UG Candidates) / Class 10, 12th, Graduation Marksheets (PG Candidates)
- Valid and Original Photo ID Proof showing Candidate’s Photo, Address, Date of Birth and Father’s or Mother’s Name or both
- JUET 2020 Admit Card
- JUET 2020 Scorecard
- JUET Counselling Call Letter
- 5 Self Attested Photographs
- Reserved Category Certificate (if Applicable)