As per the JEE Main dress code 2023, candidates must wear simple clothes and avoid wearing caps, stoles/scarves, metallic materials, and jewellery items.
JEE Main dress code 2023, as specified by the National Testing Agency (NTA), indicates that the candidates appearing for JEE Mains 2023 can dress according to their convenience. However, they are restricted to wearing caps, scarves, jewellery, and metallic materials. It is important for students to adhere to the JEE Main dress code to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Table of Contents
- JEE Main Dress Code 2023
- Documents to Carry for JEE Main 2023
- JEE Mains Exam Day Instructions
JEE Main Dress Code 2023
Though NTA has not given any specific guidelines for what to wear in JEE Mains 2023, there are strict instructions on what not to wear. Students who do not abide by the rules will be banned from writing the exam. Therefore, candidates must be aware of the JEE Main dress code 2023. We've conveniently explained the guidelines in the following content so you don't feel confused about it.
What to Wear for JEE Main?
Keeping it as simple and basic as possible is the key to following the JEE Main dress code 2023. A single layer is enough and is the best choice in general. For example, a simple T-shirt or a kurta and regular pants without pockets. Loose clothes are fine so long as they are appropriate for the occasion. As for colours, you want to go for subtler, earthy colours; nothing flashy.
Further, if the candidates are wondering, 'Is jeans allowed in JEE Mains?', the answer is yes. Jeans and t-shirts are allowed, so long as they adhere to these rules. Appropriate footwear includes sandals and slippers only, without socks.
JEE Main Dress Code for Female Candidates
The female candidates who are appearing for the exam must check the JEE Main dress code 2023 mentioned below. In addition, there are specific things that are advised to be followed to avoid any confusion or doubt.
- Any stole, scarves, or dupatta must be avoided.
- Jewellery materials such as fancy rings, earrings, bracelets, and chains are not allowed.
- Clothing with too many drapes, frills, or layers is a big no-no.
- The hairstyle should be minimal; no fancy buns or complex beads are permissible. It can lead to unnecessary frisking.
- Ensure to wear simple footwear. No decorated heels, boots, or embellished footwear is allowed.
JEE Main Dress Code for Male Candidates
All the candidates should dress accordingly to avoid any unnecessary checking. As long as the candidates follow the JEE Main dress code 2023, there will be no confusion. The dress code for the male candidates appearing for JEE Main is as follows:
- Wear simple t-shirts or shirts. Avoid wearing graphic tees.
- Wear regular but comfortable pants. Ditch the pants with multiple pockets, such as cargo.
- Candidates must avoid shirts and t-shirts with hoods.
- Bracelets, fancy finger rings, and sunglasses are not permissible.
- Wear simple chappals or simple footwear.
- Mufflers, ties, and suits are not allowed for the examination.
- The hairstyle should be simple.
What Not to Wear for JEE Main?
It's equally important to know what NOT to wear if you want to remain acceptable in the JEE Main exam. So, here are some pointers to keep in mind when sorting through your wardrobe for the exams:
- Stay away from pants with deep pockets, innumerable pockets, zippers, and embellishments.
- Denounce any clothing with either loud, flashy colours or inappropriate slogans, graphics, and logos.
- Avoid clothes with big buttons, brooches, and badges.
- Shoes, sneakers, heels, socks, stockings, and anything surrounding it will not be allowed.
- Keep your hairstyle minimal, for complex hairstyles such as a beehive or a bun will lead to an extended frisking session.
- We repeat: Do not wear multilayered clothing. This includes hoodies, sweatshirts, jackets, stoles, mufflers, and shawls.
- Ensure that you do not have any metal or metallic accessories or paraphernalia on you. This includes caps, rings, bracelets, chains, sunglasses, earrings, belts, or even brassieres with metal/metallic underwiring.
List of Banned Items for JEE Main
If you are wondering, is a calculator allowed in JEE Mains? The answer is no. however, here's a list of all the items that are banned from JEE Main. If you bring any one of them with you, whether intentionally or not, you will be barred from the exam, no questions asked. BE Architecture candidates are given the exception to carry a geometry set, writing and colour pencils, erasers, and crayons.
|Paper||Books and Notebooks|
|Smartphones||Handbags and Purses|
|Geometry Box||Pencil Box|
|Slide Rulers||Electronic Devices|
|Any Metal/Metallic Item||Log Tables|
Documents to Carry for JEE Main
Make sure to have all the documents to carry for JEE Main in order. If you forget them, or if you choose to leave them (we can assure you that's a bad idea), then you will be barred from writing the exam.
- A coloured printout of your JEE Main Admit Card.
- A passport-size photograph, the same one uploaded in the JEE Main online application form.
- A photo verification ID; Aadhar card, driving license, passport, voter's ID, PAN card, ration card, etc.
- A disability certificate (PwD candidates only).
JEE Mains Exam Day Instructions
There are certain restrictions inside JEE Mains exam hall. Here are some of the JEE Mains exam hall instructions that are necessary to follow:
- You must report to the examination hall before the allotted time for the examination.
- Additionally, you should carry their 50ml hand sanitiser.
- While entering the examination hall, you should keep maintaining at least six feet of distance between each other.
- You must fill-up the admit card correctly only after reading the necessary instructions.
- Furthermore, if you are applying from the physical disabilities category, you should bring all the necessary documents mentioned by NTA.
- Lastly, do not carry any banned items to the examination hall.
Read More: JEE Main Exam Day Instructions
JEE Main 2023 - Instructions for Diabetic Candidates
An exception is made in the case if you're diabetic. The following items are allowed to be carried by the diabetic candidates:
- Fruits/ snacks if they need them.
- Medicine for people with diabetes.
- A clear/ transparent water bottle.
- Packed food like potato chips, chocolate, sandwiches, etc., is also not allowed for them.
However, the dress code for the NTA NEET exam is different from JEE Main dress code 2023.
POST YOUR COMMENT