The Consortium of National Law Universities has released the CLAT result 2021 on its official website on Jul 28, 2021. The result for CLAT 2021 has been released in the form of a scorecard that will contain the details of the marks and section-wise cutoff and as a consolidated merit list. Candidates will be able to download the scorecard from the CLAT portal on the official website of the consortium, using their registered mobile number and password.
CLAT Exam Results Highlights 2021
Along with the CLAT result 2021, the exam authorities will also release a merit list for all the categories. The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible for the counselling process. The exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode on Jul 23, 2021.
|CLAT 2021||Jul 23, 2021|
|Provisional Answer Key Release||Jul 23, 2021|
|CLAT 2021 Result||Jul 28, 2021|
How to check the CLAT Result 2021?
Candidates will have to use their registered mobile number and password to login to the CLAT portal on the official consortium website to check their results. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check the CLAT result 2021.
- Visit the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities
- Find the link for the CLAT 2021 result
- Login to the portal using the registered mobile number and password
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download the scorecard and take a printout of the same for future reference
Details mentioned in CLAT scorecard 2021
Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the CLAT result 2021 and see that they are correct. The following details will be mentioned in the scorecard.
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Father's name
- Mother's name
- Category of the candidate
- Total score
- All India Rank
- Category Rank (if applicable)
- NRI rank (if application)
- NRI sponsored rank (if applicable)
How are CLAT result 2021 and merit list prepared?
The CLAT result 2021 is prepared by calculating the raw marks of the candidates. Once the total scores of all the candidates are calculated, a merit list is prepared which candidates will be able to access on the official consortium website.
How to calculate CLAT Scores?
The scores of the candidate are calculated as follows:
|1 x (Total No. of Right Responses) - 0.25 x (Total No. of Wrong Responses)|
Once the scores are calculated, the merit list will be prepared. The merit list contains details such as the name of the candidate, the rank obtained, the scores obtained, etc.
Sometimes, a situation arises where more than one candidate gets the same score. In such situations, a tie-breaking criteria will be employed to determine who will be placed higher in the rank list. The tie-breaking criteria will be as follows.
- The candidate with the higher score in the Legal Reasoning ability of the paper will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, then the senior candidate will be placed higher in the rank list.
- If age doesn't decide the criteria, then the tie will be decided by a computerized draw of lots.
Types of Merit Lists
The Consortium of National Law Universities releases 2 types of merit lists. The CLAT merit lists will be as follows.
General Rank List
- The General Rank list will include the list of all the candidates who've appeared for the exam.
- The list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in CLAT 2021.
- Candidates whose names appear in the General Rank list will be eligible to apply for open category seats only.
- Such candidates will not be able to apply for reserved category seats.
Category Rank List
- This list will contain the names of all the category candidates.
- Such candidates will be eligible to apply for the reserved category seats.
CLAT 2021 Toppers
The 10 top-scorers of CLAT UG 2021 are mentioned in the table below. The candidates can check the score obtained by them, and the corresponding ranks.
NLU Offered in Round 1
|Karthik J Lal||3||117||
CLAT Cut Off 2021
The CLAT cut off 2021 will be set by the exam authority. The cut off score is the minimum marks required by a candidate to qualify for the further rounds of admission like the counselling process. The CLAT cut off 2021 is decided based on the following factors:
- Number of students that appeared for CLAT 2021
- Difficulty level of the paper
- Number of seats available in NLUs
- NLU preferences given by the candidate