AIBE exam stands for the All India Bar Examination. It is a national level exam meant to test a potential advocate who aspires to practice law. The official notification will be available on the AIBE website.
Candidates have to clear the prescribed AIBE passing marks to obtain the ‘Certificate of Practice’. As per the prescribed exam syllabus, the questions in the exam will be asked from 19 law subjects. Here are the tips and information to apply and to crack the AIBE exam in 2020.
Latest Update: The application form for the AIBE will be available from May 16, 2020, and the last date has been scheduled as July 27, 2020. The exam date for the AIBE 2020 has been scheduled on August 16, 2020.
The helpline numbers 011-49225022/23 will be closed. In case of any emergency, candidates are requested to call on 9804580458 for any queries.
- What is AIBE?
- AIBE 2020 Exam Date
- AIBE 2020 Eligibility
- AIBE 2020 Syllabus
- AIBE 2020 Registraion
- AIBE 2020 Application Form
- AIBE 2020 Exam Pattern
- AIBE 2020 Admit Card
- AIBE 2020 Exam Centres
- AIBE 2020 Result
- AIBE Cut off Marks
- AIBE Certification
- How to prepare for AIBE?
- AIBE Coaching Centres
- AIBE Exam Guidelines
- Related Exams
What is the AIBE Exam?
The full form of AIBE Exam is the All India Bar Examination (AIBE), also known as All India Bar Council Exam. AIBE is a National level entrance examination conducted to assess the capability of an advocate who wants to practice law in India. Bar Council of India (BCI) has the authority to conduct the All India Bar Examination (AIBE).
The exam will be conducted in 11 languages and candidates will have to select any one language according to their preference. Candidates clearing AIBE 2020 will be awarded the "Certificate of Practice".
AIBE will be conducted through offline mode i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PPT). Each correct answer will increase the candidate's total score by one. Marks will not be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions. The question paper of All India Bar Exam (AIBE) will comprise of 100 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ's) for 3 Hours 30 Minutes i.e. 210 Minutes.
The various subjects are Cyber Law, Constitutional Law, Law related to taxation, Family Law, Administrative Law, Indian Penal Code, Land acquisition act, Labour and Industrial law, public interest litigation, Evidence Act, criminal procedure code, etc.
The various important details about the AIBE XV 2020 exam is as follows:
|Exam Name||All India Bar Examination|
|Conducting Authority||Bar Council of India|
|Examination Date||August 16, 2020|
|Certificate||Certificate of Practice|
|Exam Mode||Offline/ Pen-Paper Based Test (PBT)|
|Paper Language||11 Languages|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Questions (Open Book Exam)|
1 mark for each correct response
No negative marking
|Duration of Exam||3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)|
|No. of questions||100|
AIBE 2020 Exam Date
Annually the exam is conducted twice. The notification for AIBE XV 2020 will be probably released by the Bar Council of India in the third week of June and the application will remain open till September. The AIBE exam dates related to various admission processes are:
- AIBE 2020 Application Form Date: The registration for AIBE XV will take place between May 16, 2020 and July 27, 2020.
- AIBE 2020 Admit Card Date: Candidates who have filled the form successfully will be able to download the Admit card for AIBE XV after the submission of their application form.
- Date of Exam: The AIBE XV will be held on August 16, 2020.
- Results: The AIBE XV 2020 result will be declared on the official website.
AIBE 2020 Eligibility
Before applying for the AIBE exam, candidates should be aware of the various conditions related to AIBE eligibility as decided by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The inability to meet the eligibility condition can lead to the cancellation of the candidature. The various eligibility conditions are:
- AIBE 2020 Educational Qualification: To apply for AIBE 2020 exam, candidates need to pass the LLB degree of 3 years or 5 years from the institute recognized by the BCI. No percentage cutoff is there to appear for the exam.
- The candidate must be enrolled in his/her respective State Bar Council and should possess the advocate enrollment card issued by the council.
- Age and Attempts Limit: There is no age limit to apply for the AIBE 2020 exam and no limit is there on the number of attempts,
- Nationality: Only Indian Candidates can apply for the AIBE 2020 exam.
AIBE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of the AIBE Exam will be available before three months of the examination. The exam will include 19 subjects of law. Depending upon the weightage, each subject is having a definite number of questions. The constitutional law and criminal procedure code are having the highest number of questions whereas Intellectual property law is having the lowest. The complete question distribution can be seen in the 2020 XV AIBE Exam Syllabus.
For better clarity about the result, candidates are advised to view the previous year's question paper.
AIBE 2020 Registration
The candidate has to keep the required above-mentioned documents handy before filling the Bar Council Exam Application Form. The candidate can fill the form in the following way:
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for AIBE 2020 must register on the AIBE exam website.
- After the AIBE registration, Candidates will receive a registration number & password which will be generated and shall be sent to their mobile & email ID.
- The candidates have to log in using the registration number and password received earlier.
- After logging in fees should be paid either through Challan or through net banking.
- After payment and submission of the form, the candidate should get it printed.
AIBE Application Form 2020
Dates of AIBE XV Application Form will be released once the lockdown ends. Eligible candidates can fill the form by visiting the official website of the All India Bar Examination i.e www.allindiabarexamination.com. The form can be filled through online mode where the candidate has to first register himself/herself, then the candidate can complete the remaining process.
The application fee varies for each category. The fees can be paid either through online mode or through Bank Challan. The Application fee for each category is given the table below:
|Category||Fees||SBI Charge||Total Fees|
|General||INR 3500/-||INR 60/-||INR 3560/-|
|OBC||INR 3500/-||INR 60/-||INR 3560/-|
|SC/ST||INR 2500/-||INR 60/-||INR 2560/-|
Documents Required for AIBE Registration
- An advocate ID card (if issued by State Bar Council)
- Enrollment Certificate
- Scanned photo & signature
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
AIBE 2020 Exam Pattern
According to AIBE guidelines, the AIBE exam pattern for Candidates will have 100 multiple choice questions to answer. They will be given 1 mark for every correct answer whereas no marks will be deducted for incorrect answers. AIBE 2020 exam will be conducted via offline mode i.e. pen and paper mode. The total time given to the candidate is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The exam can be given in 11 languages that include Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu.
AIBE 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who fill the All India Bar Council Exam Application Form successfully can be able to download the 2020 AIBE Admit Card from the official website of AIBE. The Admit Card will be available in the third week of September. The admit card will have the candidate's details, the AIBE Exam Centre details and the language selected for the exam.
How to Download AIBE Admit card?
For accessing the admit card, candidates need to go on the official website of the AIBE, enter their registration details and click on the submit button. After that, candidates need to take the print out of the admit card.
AIBE 2020 Exam Centres
There are 44 AIBE Exam Centres in India distributed across various states. All the Candidates have to come one hour before the AIBE XV Exam 2020 for document verification and training sessions.
Documents Required at the AIBE Exam Centre
The following documents must be carried to the exam centre, otherwise, the candidate will not be allowed inside the examination hall. The documents are:
- AIBE Admit Card
- photo ID proof (Adhar card, driving license, PAN card, etc.)
AIBE 2020 Results
Candidates can view the AIBE Result 2020 by visiting the official website of the AIBE 2020. There is no provision of the declaration of the percentage, percentile, rankings, or absolute marks. After the declaration of result, merit list will be prepared based on marks acquired in the test. Category wise rank will also be given in the merit list.
How to download AIBE result 2020?
The results will be declared in December. To view the result of the All India Bar Exam on www.allindiabarexamination.com, candidates need to enter the details such as roll number and date of birth. After entering the correct details only candidates can view there result.
Each year Bar Council of India (BCI) decides the cut off marks for the AIBE exam. The candidates who score above the cutoff score will get the "Certificate Of Practice". The cutoff marks vary each year and are different for each category. It normally revolves around 40. This year expected cutoff is:
After the declaration of the All India Bar Examination result, candidates who cleared the cutoff will be given the "Certificate Of Practice" from the respective State Bar Council. The certificate will have the signature of the chairman of the Bar Council of India.
How to Prepare for AIBE Exam?
AIBE Exam is an open book exam. That means that the candidates can carry the study materials with them to the exam hall. It is a different kind of Exam thus requires a different kind of preparation and strategy. The candidates can undertake the following measures:
- As it is an open book exam, the candidate must improve their analytical skills to search the right answer at the right place in the study material.
- The candidate should try to attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking in the paper.
- Memorizing the answers is not an option in this exam. The candidate should try to understand the concept.
- Case study and group discussion is the best way to study for this exam.
AIBE Previous year Question Papers
Solving previous year question paper gives a candidate a kind of live experience of the actual Question paper. Also, it helps him/her to analyze the pattern of the paper and the areas in which the candidate is lacking.
AIBE Mock Test
The Mock/sample test papers of AIBE will help the candidate to analyze his/her speed of doing questions in the exam. Moreover, as a result of solving the mock test, the candidate can become aware of the areas that are taking more time and thus require more practice.
AIBE Study Material
The candidate must be thorough with the LLB syllabus completed during the graduation. Various AIBE reference books are also there which will help the candidate to understand various types of questions that can be there in the exam.
AIBE Coaching Centres
The coaching centres for AIBE are mainly there in Metropolitan cities. These institutes have dedicated faculties who are themselves Lawyers and have practised law for years. The various coaching centres are:
- Sriram Law Academy, Chennai
- IMS Institute, Mumbai
- Career Shapers Education Forum, New Delhi
- Pathfinder Education Services, Bhopal
There are various things that the candidate should keep in mind for the AIBE 2020:
- Carry a printout of Admit card and a photo ID with you to the exam centre.
- This is an open book exam, so do carry relevant Study materials with you.
- Mobile Phones and other electronic gadgets are prohibited in the exam.
AIBE Contact Information
Address: Bar Council of India, 21 Rouse Avenue Institutional Area ITO, Near Bal Bhawan, New Delhi - 110002
Tel: 011-49225022 011-41533681 011-49225023
(Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Email ID: [email protected]