AIBE exam stands for the All India Bar Examination. It is a national level exam meant to test a potential advocate who aspires to practice law. The official notification will be available on the AIBE website. Candidates have to clear the prescribed AIBE passing marks to obtain the ‘Certificate of Practice’. As per the prescribed exam syllabus, the questions in the exam will be asked from 19 law subjects. Here are the tips and information to apply and to crack the AIBE 2021.
- January 24, 2021: AIBE XV (AIBE 2021) was conducted successfully today. Candidates have reported that the examination was difficult to solve this time. Check the AIBE 2021 Exam Analysis for more information.
- January 5, 2021: The AIBE XV Admit Card for all remaining candidates and states is released. Candidates who were not able to download the same earlier can now do so by logging in through the direct link provided in the AIBE Admit Card page.
- December 26, 2020: The registrations for the AIBE XVI Exam are being accepted now. Interested candidates can register until February 26, 2021. Visit the AIBE Application Form page for more information.
- December 25, 2020: The admit card for AIBE XV (AIBE 2020) is released. Candidates who have registered for the exam can download the same through the login portal. Visit the AIBE Admit Card page for the direct link.
- AIBE XVI Registrations will begin from December 26, 2020, onwards. The 2021 exam is scheduled to be held on March 21, 2021.
- What is AIBE?
- AIBE 2021 Exam Date
- AIBE 2021 Eligibility
- AIBE 2021 Syllabus
- AIBE 2021 Registration
- AIBE 2021 Application Form
- AIBE XIV and AIBE XV
- AIBE 2021 Exam Pattern
- AIBE 2021 Admit Card
- AIBE 2021 Exam Centres
- AIBE 2021 Exam Analysis
- AIBE 2021 Answer key
- AIBE 2021 Result
- AIBE Cut off Marks
- AIBE Certification
- How to prepare for AIBE?
- AIBE Coaching Centres
- AIBE Exam Guidelines
- AIBE Contact Information
- Related Exams
What is the AIBE Exam?
The full form of the AIBE Exam is the All India Bar Examination (AIBE), also known as the All India Bar Council Exam. AIBE is a National level entrance examination conducted to assess the capability of an advocate who wants to practice law in India. Bar Council of India (BCI) has the authority to conduct the All India Bar Examination (AIBE).
The exam will be conducted in 11 languages and candidates will have to select any one language according to their preference. Candidates clearing AIBE 2021 will be awarded the "Certificate of Practice".
AIBE will be conducted through offline mode i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PPT). It is an open book exam. Each correct answer will increase the candidate's total score by one. Marks will not be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions. The question paper of All India Bar Exam (AIBE) will comprise of 100 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ's) for 3 Hours 30 Minutes i.e. 210 Minutes.
The various subjects are Cyber Law, Constitutional Law, Law related to taxation, Family Law, Administrative Law, Indian Penal Code, Land acquisition act, Labour and Industrial law, public interest litigation, Evidence Act, criminal procedure code, etc.
The various important details about the AIBE 2021 exam is tabulated below:
|Exam Name||All India Bar Examination|
|Conducting Authority||Bar Council of India|
|Certificate||Certificate of Practice|
|Exam Mode||Offline/ Pen-Paper Based Test (PBT)|
|Paper Language||11 Languages|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Questions (Open Book Exam)|
1 mark for each correct response
No negative marking
|Duration of Exam||3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)|
|No. of questions||100|
The languages in which the AIBE 2021 is available are listed below.
AIBE Exam Date
AIBE Exam is conducted biannually. The AIBE exam dates related to various admission processes are mentioned below.
AIBE- XV 2020 Exam Date
|AIBE 2020 Online Registration Begins||May 16, 2020|
|Bank payment through challan starts from||May 16, 2020|
|AIBE 2020 Online Registration Close||December 19, 2020|
|Last date for payment||December 21, 2020|
|Last date of completion of online form||December 23, 2020|
|AIBE 2020 Admit Card Date||December 25, 2020|
|Date of AIBE 2020 Exam||January 24, 2021|
|AIBE 2020 Answer Key||To be announced|
|AIBE 2020 Results||To be announced|
AIBE- XVI 2021 Exam Date
|AIBE 2021 Online Registration Begins||December 26, 2020|
|Bank payment through challan starts from||December 26, 2020|
|AIBE 2021 Online Registration Close||February 21, 2021|
|Last date for payment||February 23, 2021|
|Last date of completion of online form||February 26, 2021|
|AIBE 2021 Admit Card Date||March 06, 2021|
|Date of AIBE 2021 Exam||March 21, 2021|
|AIBE 2021 Answer Key||To be announced|
|AIBE 2021 Results||To be announced|
AIBE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the AIBE exam, candidates should be aware of the various conditions related to AIBE eligibility as decided by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The inability to meet the eligibility criteria leads to the cancellation of the candidature. The various eligibility conditions are listed below:
AIBE 2021 Educational Qualifications:
- To apply for the AIBE 2021 exam, candidates need to pass the LLB degree of 3 years or 5 years from an institute that is recognized by the BCI. There is no specified academic cutoff required to be able to appear for the exam.
State Bar Council:
- The candidate must be enrolled in his/her respective State Bar Council. He/she should also possess the advocate enrollment card as issued by the council of the corresponding state. The candidates must submit the suitable proof to enroll for the AIBE 2021 examination. Candidates are eligible to apply if they are enrolled as "an advocate under section 24 of the Advocates Act 1961".
Age and Attempts Limit:
- There is no age limit to apply for the AIBE 2021 exam. There is also no cap on the number of attempts for this exam except that it should be attempted within 2 years after obtaining the law degree.
- Only Citizens of India can apply for the AIBE 2021 exam. They must have also obtained their law degree in India.
AIBE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of the AIBE Exam will be available 3 months before the examination on the official website. The exam will include 19 subjects of law. Depending upon the weightage, each subject is allotted a definite number of questions. The constitutional law and criminal procedure code have the highest number of questions whereas Intellectual property law has the lowest. Further details are given in AIBE Exam Syllabus. Given below are the topics that are the basis for the question in the exam.
- Constitutional Law - The questions will be based on topics like human rights, judiciary, parliament, customary law, and international rules & law.
- Indian Penal Code: It is a comprehensive code intended to cover all substantive aspects of criminal law.
- Criminal Procedure Code: The paper will be based on questions related to Indian Criminal law and Procedure of Law.
- Code of Civil Procedure: In this, questions will be asked on topics related to the Process of Judgement, Conduct of Trials, and how the clerks and court must function.
- Family Law: Questions will be related to domestic partnership, marriage, child custody, paternity, adoption, surrogacy, and juvenile law.
- Administrative Law: The body of the law that governs the activities of administrative agencies of the Government.
- Evidence Act: It contains a set of rules and allied issues governing the admissibility of evidence in the Indian court of law.
- Labour and Industrial Laws: Laws related to worker and employee, child labour and discrimination, and employment terms will be asked in this section.
- Cyber Law: Questions will be related to the internet, cybersecurity, software, computing, and electronic commerce.
- Corporate Law: It is the body of the law that governs the rights, relations, and conduct of persons, companies, organizations, and businesses.
- Indian Penal Code (IPC): IPC is the main Indian Criminal Code and will be asked questions related to Public Tranquility, and also Criminal Conspiracy.
- Public Interest Litigation: It is the case that is directly filed by an individual or a group of people in the Supreme Court of India.
- Professional Ethics and Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI Rules: The set of rules that govern the professional conduct of Advocates, that arises out of the duty that they owe the court, the client, opponents and other advocates.
- Evidence Act: It is advised that test-takers go through the Evidence Act. Questions will be asked related to the Act of 1872.
- Environmental Law: It is the collection of laws and regulations, agreements and common law that governs how humans interact with their environment.
- Land Acquisition Act: An Act to amend the law for the acquisition of land for public purposes and companies.
- Intellectual Property Law: It deals with the rules for securing and enforcing legal rights to inventions, designs, and artistic works.
Candidates are advised to be thorough with the broader topics of the subjects mentioned above since it is an open book test. Knowing where relevant acts and laws are present will make the process much easier. Ultimately, it is about finding the right information and this is possible only by knowing the broader headings under each subject.
AIBE 2021 Registration
The candidate has to keep the required above-mentioned documents handy before filling the Bar Council Exam Application Form. The candidate can fill the form in the following way:
- Step 1: Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for AIBE 2021 must register on the official website of AIBE.
- Step 2: After the AIBE registration, Candidates will receive a registration number & password which will be generated and shall be sent to their mobile & email ID.
- Step 3: Candidates will have to log in using the registration number and password received earlier.
- Step 4: After logging in, fees can be paid in offline or online modes. Which is through Challan or through Net banking.
- Step 5: After payment and submission of the form, the candidate should get it printed.
AIBE Application Form 2021
The schedule for the AIBE Application Form is given below. Eligible candidates can fill out the form by visiting the official website of the All India Bar Examination i.e. www.allindiabarexamination.com. The form has to be filled and submitted online, where the candidate has to first register himself/herself and then proceed to complete the remaining process.
How to apply for AIBE 2021?
- Step 1: After successfully completing the registration process, use the credentials to log in to the account.
- Step 2: Click on 'Apply' and continue to the form.
- Step 3: Fill in specified details and upload the documents required.
- Step 4: Proceed to the fee payment section and complete the application process.
The application fee varies for each category. The amount of fee can be paid either through online mode or through Bank Challan. The application fee for each category is given in the table below:
|Category||Fees||SBI Charge||Total Fees|
|General||INR 3500/-||INR 60/-||INR 3560/-|
|OBC||INR 3500/-||INR 60/-||INR 3560/-|
|SC/ST||INR 2500/-||INR 60/-||INR 2560/-|
Documents Required for AIBE Registration
- An Advocate ID Card (if issued by the State Bar Council)
- Enrollment Certificate
- Scanned Photograph & Signature
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
|Self-Attested Enrollment Certificate||Jpeg||50KB-500KB|
|Self-Attested Photo Id||Jpeg||50KB-500KB|
Candidates who could not attend AIBE XIV and willing to attend AIBE XV
A few of the AIBE XIV exam centers were canceled and the candidates who could not appear for the exam due to those canceled exam centers can now apply for the AIBE XV exam.
- Case 1: Candidates who had filled the application form for AIBE XIV but did not appear for the exam at those canceled exam centers. Such candidates have to apply as fresh candidates and pay the application fee.
- Case 2: Candidates who had applied for the AIBE XIV and also appeared in those canceled exam centers need not apply for AIBE XV and no need to pay the application fee. Such candidates can directly download the AIBE XV admit card within the specified last date and appear for the exam.
AIBE 2021 Exam Pattern
According to AIBE guidelines, the AIBE exam pattern is such that the candidates will have 100 multiple choice questions to answer. They will be given 1 mark for every correct answer, whereas no marks will be deducted for incorrect answers. AIBE 2021 exam will be conducted via offline mode i.e. pen and paper mode. The total time given to each candidate to attempt the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes. The exam can be attempted in 11 languages, that include Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu. Given below are the highlights of the AIBE 2021 Exam Pattern:
|AIBE 2021 Overview|
|Mode of Exam||Offline/Written|
|Language of Exam||11 Languages|
|Paper Type||Objective Type/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||100 MCQs (Divided into Part-I and Part-II)|
|Duration of Exam||210 minutes (3 hours 30 minutes)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer and no negative marking. No marks will be awarded for unanswered questions.|
AIBE 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who fill the All India Bar Council Exam Application Form successfully will be able to download the 2021 AIBE Admit Card from the official website of AIBE. The admit card will have the candidate's details, the AIBE Exam Centre details and the language selected for the exam.
How to Download AIBE Admit card?
To access the admit card:
- Candidates need to go on the official website of the AIBE.
- Enter registration details, and click on the submit button
- From the 'Download Admit Card' link, candidates need to download and take a print out of the admit card and make sure to carry it to the exam centre without fail.
Details Provided on AIBE Admit Card 2021
Candidates can verify with the below details mentioned on the AIBE 2021 Admit Card:
|Candidate's name||Candidate's roll number|
|Candidate's photograph||Candidate's signature|
|Reserved Category||AIBE exam date|
|Exam timings||AIBE exam Centre location|
AIBE 2021 Exam Centres
There are 44 AIBE Exam Centres in India distributed across various states. All the Candidates have to come at least one hour before the AIBE XV Exam 2021 commences, for document verification and training sessions.
Candidates who are willing to change their examination center location to the newly added locations of Kanpur and Gorakhpur can request the same until September 26, 2021. The option for exam center change will not be entertained after the specified date.
Documents Required at the AIBE Exam Centre
The following documents must be carried to the exam center, otherwise, the candidate will not be allowed inside the examination hall. The documents are:
- AIBE Admit Card
- A photo ID proof issued by the Government of India(Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc.)
AIBE 2021 Exam Analysis
AIBE 2021 was successfully conducted on January 24, 2021, from 10 AM onwards. The exam was conducted in more than 45 cities across India. Candidates were required to visit an exam centre to attempt the exam in pen and paper (offline) mode. The question paper consisted of 100 multiple-choice questions that were to be answered in 3 hours and 30 minutes. There is a large amount of time provided to complete this exam as this is an open book test.
Candidates have reported that the exam this year was more difficult than compared to previous years because the conducting authority had not been clear about where the questions would be asked from. Candidates have also reported that they were not able to find the sub-sections of some topics in the books that they had carried to the exam hall.
Additionally, candidates were allowed to attempt the exam in 11 languages. There were a total of 19 subjects for the exam. The question paper consisted of 100 multiple-choice questions for which each correct answer was awarded 1 mark. There was no negative marking.
AIBE 2021 Answer key
The Bar Council of India will release the answer keys a few days after the successful conduction of the exam. Candidates can download the answer keys from the official website in the pdf format. Candidates can compare the answers marked by them with the answer keys provided by the conducting body to predict the possible score even before the release of the actual result. Candidates can follow the steps given below in order to download the official answer keys.
Step 1: Visit the official website
Step 2: In the notification section click on the link of the 'Answer key'
Step 3: Type the login credentials provided at the time of registration in order to log in.
Step 4: View and download the Answer key Pdf.
Step 5: Take a print out of the same and calculate the score.
AIBE 2021 Objection to Answer key
Candidates can challenge the answer keys released by the conducting body. Candidates can raise an objection by sending a detailed e-mail to the concerned authority along with the question and it's justified answer. Candidates will have to send the email within 10 days of the release of the answer keys. The objections will be placed in front of a board of experts who will examine the same and will release a final answer key. AIBE 2021 results will be announced based on the final answer key.
AIBE 2021 Results
Candidates can view their AIBE Result 2021 by visiting the official website of AIBE 2021. There is no provision for the declaration of the percentage, percentile, rankings, or absolute marks. After the declaration of the result, a merit list will be prepared based on marks scored by a candidate in the test. Category-wise rank will also be given on the merit list.
How to download AIBE Result 2021?
The results will be declared in a month or two after the examination. To view the result of the All India Bar Exam on 'www.allindiabarexamination.com,' follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website
Step 2: Log in using the mentioned credentials.
Step 3: Click on 'Check Results'.
Step 4: Candidates who have cleared the minimum cutoff marks will be awarded the 'Certificate to Practice'.
Details Provided on AIBE Scorecard 2021
The AIBE 2021 scorecard will include the following details :
Candidates name / Roll Number / Date of Birth / Category / Qualifying Status / Marks obtained.
Each year Bar Council of India (BCI) decides the cut off marks for the AIBE exam. The candidates who score above the cutoff score will get the "Certificate Of Practice". The cutoff marks vary each year and are different for each category. It normally revolves around 40. This year expected cutoff is:
After the declaration of the All India Bar Examination result, candidates who cleared the cutoff will be given the "Certificate Of Practice" from the respective State Bar Council. The certificate will have the signature of the chairman of the Bar Council of India.
How to Prepare for AIBE Exam?
AIBE Exam is an open book exam. That means that the candidates can carry the study materials with them to the exam hall. It is a different kind of Exam thus requires a different kind of preparation and strategy. The candidates can undertake the following measures:
- As it is an open book exam, the candidate must improve their analytical skills to search the right answer at the right place in the study material.
- The candidate should try to attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking in the paper.
- Memorizing the answers is not an option in this exam. The candidate should try to understand the concept.
- Case study and group discussion is the best way to study for this exam.
AIBE Previous year Question Papers
Solving previous year question paper gives a candidate a kind of live experience of the actual Question paper. Also, it helps him/her to analyze the pattern of the paper and the areas in which the candidate is lacking.
AIBE Mock Test
The Mock/sample test papers of AIBE will help the candidate to analyze his/her speed of doing questions in the exam. Moreover, as a result of solving the mock test, the candidate can become aware of the areas that are taking more time and thus require more practice.
AIBE Study Material
The candidate must be thorough with the LLB syllabus completed during the graduation. Various AIBE reference books are also there which will help the candidate to understand various types of questions that can be there in the exam. The Guide to All India Bar Examination by Dr. D.K. Pandey and Practice Papers for All India Bar Examination by Showick Thorpe are recommended books.
AIBE Coaching Centres
The coaching centers for AIBE are mainly present in Metropolitan cities. These institutes have dedicated faculties who are themselves lawyers and have practiced law for years. The various coaching centers are:
- Sriram Law Academy, Chennai
- IMS Institute, Mumbai
- Career Shapers Education Forum, New Delhi
- Pathfinder Education Services, Bhopal
There are various things that the candidate should keep in mind for the AIBE 2021:
- Carry a printout of the Admit card and a photo ID with you to the exam center.
- This is an open book exam, so do carry relevant Study materials with you.
- Mobile Phones and other electronic gadgets are prohibited in the exam.
AIBE Contact Information
Given below are important contact points for AIBE-related queries.
Address: Bar Council of India, 21 Rouse Avenue Institutional Area ITO, Near Bal Bhawan, New Delhi - 110002
Tel: 011-49225022 011-41533681 011-49225023
(Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Email ID: [email protected]