Looking forward to doing LLB courses in Telangana? TS LAWCET is the entrance test you need to take. The TS LAWCET is conducted by Osmania University. Top colleges like Dr. BR Ambedkar Law College, Mahatma Gandhi Law College, etc. accept TS LAWCET scores.
Latest News on TS LAWCET
- TS LAWCET and TS PGLCET Registrations to Commence on 24 March 2021 - Published on March 4, 2021
- Jun 16, 2021: The final submission date for the TS LAWCET Application Form has been further extended to Jun 25, 2021, without having to pay a late fee.
- Jun 4, 2021: The final submission date for the TS LAWCET Application Form has been extended to Jun 15, 2021, without having to pay a late fee.
- May 27, 2021: The last day to register and submit online applications (without late fee) for TS LAWCET 2021 has been extended up to June 3, 2021.
- March 26, 2021: Application forms for TS LAWCET 2021 are released. For more information, Visit TS LAWCET 2021 Application form.
- What is TS LAWCET?
- TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Date
- TS LAWCET 2021 Eligibility
- TS LAWCET 2021 Application Process
- TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- TS LAWCET 2021 Syllabus
- TS LAWCET 2021 Admit Card
- TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Centers
- TS LAWCET 2021 Answer Key
- TS LAWCET 2021 Result
- TS LAWCET 2021 Cut off
- TS LAWCET Selection Process
- TS LAWCET 2021 Counselling
- How To Prepare For TS LAWCET?
- TS LAWCET 2021 Reference Books
- Courses offered through TS LAWCET
- Contact Details
What is TS LAWCET?
Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test is commonly known as TS LAWCET. It is conducted by Osmania University Hyderabad, on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), for granting admission to LLB and LLM courses in Telangana law colleges.
TS LAWCET is a state-level entrance exam. Candidates can get admission in government as well as private universities and colleges of law in Telangana. It is organized for granting admission to 3-year courses: LLB and LLB (Honours) and 5-year courses: BA LLB and BBA LLB.
|Exam Name||Telangana State Common Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Level Of Exam||State Level Exam|
|Mode Of TS LAWCET 2021 Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based test (CBT)|
|TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Duration||90 minutes|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)|
|Medium||English, Telugu, Hindi|
TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for the TS LAWCET 2021 exam. The TS LAWCET Exam Date will be conducted on August 23, 2021. Candidates can check the important dates given below.
|Availability of TS LAWCET 2021 application form||Mar 24, 2021|
|Last date of TS LAWCET 2021 application form (Without a late fee)||Jun 25, 2021|
|Last date for Registration & Online Submission with a late fee of INR 250||Jul 10, 2021|
|Last date for Registration & Online Submission with a late fee of INR 500||Jul 20, 2021|
|Last date for Registration & Online Submission with a late fee of INR 1000||Jul 30, 2021|
|Last date for Registration & Online Submission with a late fee of INR 2000||Aug 10, 2021|
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the
|Aug 1, 2021, to Aug 10, 2021|
|TS LAWCET 2021 admit card release||Aug 12, 2021|
|TS LAWCET 2021 exam date||Aug 23, 2021|
|TS LAWCET 2021 Preliminary Answer Key release||Aug 26, 2021|
|TS LAWCET 2021 result declaration||To be announced|
TS LAWCET 2021 Eligibility
The TS LAWCET Eligibility Criteria are requirements specified by the exam authorities to decide whether a candidate can sit for the exam or not. The eligibility criteria include nationality, age limit, academic qualifications, reservation, domicile, and many more. Even after qualifying for the exam, the conducting authority has the right to cancel the candidature of applicants that are found to not satisfy the eligibility criteria. Therefore, it is always advised that the candidates ensure they meet all the requirements before applying. The TS LAWCET eligibility criteria are specified below.
The applicant should be an Indian National. The candidate must also satisfy the local/ unreserved status requirement of the Telangana State.
There is no upper age limit to apply for the exam according to the rules of the Bar Council of India (BCI). However, the minimum age to apply for the 3-year LLB course is 21 years old and 17 years old for the 5-year LLB course.
The education qualification of the candidates applying should be as follows:
- For 3-year LLB course: The candidate should have completed Graduate Degree or its equivalent, with 45% of aggregate marks from any recognized University.
- For 5-year LLB course: The candidate should have passed the Telangana Intermediate Exam or equivalent, with 45% of aggregate marks, from any recognized University or Board.
- Candidates in their final year of college will also be able to apply for the programs if they satisfy the rest of the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must secure at least 35% marks in TS LAWCET 2021 (42 out of 120). There is no such criteria for SC/ST categories in this case.
|Course Name||Age Limit||Education||Minimum Marks|
|3-years LLB||No upper age Limit||Graduate Degree or Equivalent||
45% aggregate for General category candidates
40% aggregate for SC/ST candidates
|5-years LLB||10+2 or equivalent|
TS LAWCET 2021 Application Process
To sit for the TS LAWCET 2021, candidates will have to register and fill up the application form. The admit card will be given to only those candidates who have successfully completed the TS LAWCET 2021 application process. If the candidates fail to submit the TS LAWCET 2021 application form before the last day, they will have to pay additional charges (late fee) to submit the application form.
The TS LAWCET Application form is available on the official website of the conducting authority from Mar 24, 2021, and the last date to submit the form is Jun 25, 2021. The details regarding the application form are given below.
|TS LAWCET application form particulars||Details|
|TS LAWCET 2021 application availability||Mar 24, 2021 to Jun 25, 2021|
|Last date for registration and application form submission with a late fee of INR 2000||Jul 10, 2021|
|Mode of application||Online|
|TS LAWCET 2021 application fee||
General category: INR 800
Reserved category: INR 500
Documents Required To Apply For TS LAWCET 2021
The following documents would come in handy when a candidate is filling up the TS LAWCET 2021 application form.
- Hall ticket number of the qualifying examination
- Marksheets of class 10 and class 12
- Aadhar card
- Scanned copy of passport size color photograph
- Scanned copy of candidate's signature
- A valid credit/debit/net banking for fee payment
- Local candidate certificate issued by MRO or competent authority
- Caste certificate (For reserved category only)
TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The TS LAWCET Exam Pattern contains all the questions that will be in the Multiple Choice Question format. Candidates must note that for the 5-year course, the question standard will be of Intermediate level and for the 3-year course, the standard would be of Degree level. The details of the TS LAWCET 2021 Exam pattern are mentioned in the following table.
|Type of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Objective/ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, and Telugu|
|Exam Timings||11 am to 12:30 pm|
|Subjects||General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Legal Aptitude, Current Affairs|
|Total number of questions||120|
TS LAWCET 2021 Section-wise Marks Distribution
The section-wise marks distribution of the TS LAWCET 2021 exam is tabulated below.
General Knowledge and Mental Ability
Aptitude for the Study of Law
TS LAWCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for TS LAWCET 2021 will be evaluated on General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Current Affairs, and Legal Aptitude. The 90-minute duration test consists of 3 parts and 120 questions. The TS LAWCET Syllabus is divided into three parts and is briefed below.
Part A - General Knowledge and Mental Ability
The syllabus for General Knowledge and Mental Ability is given below.
- Logical Reasoning
- Environmental Science
- Complex Arrangements
- Coding & Decoding
- Non-Verbal Series
- Direction and Distances
- Linear Arrangements
- Blood Relationships
- Routes & Networks
- Verbal Series
- Alphabet Test
- Symbols and Notations
- Data Interpretation Test
- Data Sufficiency Test
- Problems Based on Symmetry
- Ordering & Sequencing
- Problems Based on Visual Ability
- Analytical Reasoning
Part B - Current Affairs
Listed below is the syllabus for Current Affairs.
- All the important national and international events that happened in the past 1 year
- Awards and Achievements
- Scientific Discoveries and Inventions
- And further topics of relevance.
Part C - Aptitude for the Study of Law
This section includes the elementary knowledge of basic principles of the Law and Constitution of India. It will consist of questions from:
Public International Law
- International Law and Municipal Law
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea, and outer space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations
- General Principles of Contract
- Indian Contract Act-1872
- Trade Union Act 1926
- Industrial Disputes Act 1947
Crimes and Torts
- Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions
- TORTS: General Principles of Tort
- Joint liability
- State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) & Other Law
- Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970
- Environmental Protection Act, 1986
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Right to Information Act 2005
TS LAWCET 2021 Admit Card
The TS LAWCET Admit Card will be available on the official website on Aug 12, 2021. The admit card can be downloaded by using login credentials. It is mandatory to carry the TS LAWCET 2021 admit card along with identity proof to the examination hall, failure of which, the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
How To Download TS LAWCET Admit Card?
The candidates will have to follow the steps given below to download the TS LAWCET 2021 admit card from the official website.
- Visit the official website of the examination
- Click on 'TS LAWCET 2021 Hall Ticket'
- Enter your registration number, date of birth, and qualifying exam hall ticket number
- Click 'Download Hall Ticket'
- The TS LAWCET admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates need to download the admit card and take its printout
Details present on TS LAWCET 2021 Admit Card
The details present on TS LAWCET Admit Card are listed below.
- Candidate's name
- TS LAWCET Registration number
- Exam Name, date, and timings
- Allotted test centre name and location
- Guidelines for exam day
TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Centres
Given below are all the details candidates must know with regards to the TS LAWCET Exam Centres.
- There are 16 TS LAWCET Exam Centers across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- The candidates will have an option to choose the test venue which is convenient for them while filling the TS LAWCET 2021 application form.
- Once there is a maximum number of entries for a test centre, that centre will not appear in the application form.
- Candidates should keep in mind that once an exam centre is allotted to a candidate, any request to change it would not be entertained at any cost.
- All details regarding the exam centre, centre code, and centre address will be mentioned on the admit card.
The 16 exam centres which are in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are listed below.
Documents Required On TS LAWCET Exam Day
The following documents need to be carried to the TS LAWCET exam hall on the date of examination:
- Admit Card
- Photo ID Proof
- A Passport-Sized Photograph
TS LAWCET 2021 Answer Key
Osmania University is the official authority responsible for releasing the TS LAWCET 2021 answer key. Candidates can visit the official website of TS LAWCET and download the answer key on Aug 26, 2021. The authority provides an option for the candidates to raise objections against the answer key in case they found any discrepancies. For raising objections they have to pay a prerequisite amount in favor of the exam authority and submit their objections along with valid proof against that answer before 5 pm on Aug 27, 2021. The authority will publish the final answer key after checking and clearing all objections.
How to download the TS LAWCET 2021 Answer Key?
Candidates must follow these steps to download the TS LAWCET 2021 Answer Key:
- Visit the official website of TS LAWCET
- Click on the link that displays Master Question Papers and Preliminary Keys
- The screen will display the question papers along with the answer keys
- Click on the link and download the question paper along with the answer key
TS LAWCET 2021 Result
The TS LAWCET Results will be declared on the official website of the conducting authority only. Candidates have to log in and enter their hall ticket number and date of birth to check their results. The TS LAWCET Result will have information like the applicant's name, category, marks obtained, the status of the result, and roll number.
How To Download TS LAWCET Result?
The candidates should follow the steps given below to download the TS LAWCET 2021 Result.
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on the Result link
Step 2: Click on the Program that you have opted for
Step 3: Enter your Admit Card number and submit
Step 4: Download the Result
TS LAWCET 2021 Cut off
The TS LAWCET cut off list will be released after the TS LAWCET results are announced. Only the candidates who score the required number of marks given in the TS LAWCET cut off list will be eligible to take part in the proceeding counselling sessions.
Factors Determining the TS LAWCET Cut Off
The TS LAWCET cut off is calculated on the basis of factors such as:
- The number of applicants registered
- The total number of seats available
- The difficulty level of the TS LAWCET paper
- The number of candidates qualified
TS LAWCET 2021 Qualifying Criteria
To pass the TS LAWCET 2021 exam, candidates must secure the minimum qualifying marks that is required. The table below represents the qualifying criteria of TS LAWCET 2021.
|Category||Qualifying Criteria for TS LAWCET||Qualifying Exam|
|General/ OBC||35% marks out of total marks i.e. 42 out of 100 marks||
|SC/ ST||No minimum marks for clearing TS LAWCET||
TS LAWCET Cut Off 2021 Details
The Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE) will release the TS LAWCET cut off for the year 2021 after the declaration of the results. To determine the cut off, various factors will be considered. Candidates can also refer to the previous years' trends of TS LAWCET cut off. The final cut off will be released gender-wise and category-wise. Candidates who will get a higher rank will be able to participate in the counselling process of TS LAWCET 2021.
TS LAWCET Cut Off Previous Years
Even though the TS LAWCET cut off is 42 (out of 100) to be eligible for the merit list, candidates must note that the TS LAWCET cut off for the top colleges is comparatively higher. Merely crossing the qualifying cut off does not guarantee a seat. Candidates must do well and score more than the cutoff if they look forward to taking admission to the top Law colleges in Telangana. Given below are the opening and closing cut off scores of top colleges.
|College||Cut-off status||General category marks||Reserved category marks|
|Post Graduate College of Law Osmania University||Opening||102 - 120||88 - 120|
|I.F.H.E University of Law||Opening||103||81|
|K. V. Ranga Reddy Law College||Opening||101||78|
|Mahatma Gandhi Law College||Opening||98||74|
|Pendekanti Law College||Opening||95||71|
TS LAWCET Selection Process
The selection process and the allotment of seats will start once the TS LAWCET 2021 cut off list is released. The candidates whose names are on the cut off list will be called for the counselling process.
TS LAWCET Tie-Breaking Method
TSCHE will prepare the TS LAWCET 2021 rank list based on results and in case the ranks of two or more candidates are the same, then a tie-breaking method will be used.
- The candidate who has secured the highest marks in Part C (Aptitude for the Study of Law) will be given priority.
- If the tie still exists, candidates with the highest scores in Part B (Current Affairs) will be given preference.
- If the tie still persists then, candidates older in age will be given preference.
TS LAWCET 2021 Counselling
Only the candidates whose names are on the merit list can participate in the counseling process. As per the previous year's trends, in TS LAWCET Counselling, the candidates who score at least 42 out of 120 only are likely to be eligible to participate in counselling.
The procedure for TS LAWCET counseling involves the following steps:
- Document verification
- Registration to exercise web options
- Exercising web options
- Release of allotment list
TS LAWCET 2021 Counselling Documents Required
Candidates must carry these documents while appearing for the counselling session of TS LAWCET. They include:
- TS LAWCET 2021 Rank Card
- TS LAWCET 2021 Hall Ticket
- SSC or equivalent mark sheet
- Intermediate or equivalent mark sheet
- Qualifying Examination mark sheet
- Provisional/Degree Certificate of Qualifying Examination if completed degree
- Local or Non Local residence proof
- Community or Caste Certificate
- Transfer or Migration Certificate
- Income Certificate of parents
- Sports/PH/NCC/CAP Certificate if applicable
How To Prepare For TS LAWCET?
Given below are some of the important tips for candidates who are aspiring to write the TS LAWCET 2021.
Pick up the right resources relevant to the TS LAWCET exam
Before starting your preparation for the TS LAWCET 2021 exam, you must make sure that you secured all of the relevant material that would be useful for you. There are numerous study materials and good reference books out there in the market. Out of them, you need to select the right ones according to your requirement which will surely help you in your preparation for TS LAWCET. Gathering all of this will give you a clear picture of how much you have to complete over the period of study you have allotted yourself.
Prepare a good timetable
Preparation for any exam can't be proven fruitful unless you follow a defined timetable. Thus, you should create a proper schedule that is suitable for your day-to-day life. It should have an equal distribution of study sessions for each subject, some time for solving previous year papers and mocks, and most importantly continuous revisions.
However, just constructing a good timetable for the sake of creating one is of no use. You need to commit yourself to that timetable and follow it until your goals are reached.
Evaluate and assess yourself
If you are not regularly assessing yourself, you will never know your strengths, weaknesses, and where you stand. Hence, you need to attempt previous year's question papers and mock tests which are easily available on the internet and in the market. By taking these tests, you will be able to evaluate and assess yourself, and then finally try to improve accordingly.
TS LAWCET 2021 Reference Books
Candidates aspiring to write the TS LAWCET 2021 must prepare well for it. In order to crack the exam, candidates must refer to good books for practice and mastery of concepts. A few of the TS LAWCET Reference Books that we recommend are listed below.
- The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Exam, Thorpe
- Manorama Yearbook 2021
- Legal Awareness/ Legal Reasoning by Bhardwaj
- Model Test Papers for CLAT & LLB, A.P. Bhardwaj
- LLB Entrance Examination Guide, Pankaj Kr. Jaiswal
- Constitution of India by Bakshi P.M.
- A Complete Self Study Guide for LLB Entrance Exam by Arihant Experts
Courses Offered Through TS LAWCET
The courses offered by TS LAWCET 2021 are as mentioned below.
|Bachelor of Laws/Legum Baccalaureus (LLB) Bachelor of Laws/Legum Baccalaureus LLB (Honours)||3-Years|
|Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law (BA LLB) Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Law (BBA LLB)||5-Years|
TS LAWCET Contact Details
If the candidates have any queries regarding the TS LAWCET 2021 exam, they can contact the authorities using the following details.
- Address: University College Of Law, Osmania University Campus, Tarnaka, Hyderabad Pincode - 500 007, Telangana, India.
- Phone Number: 9908021100/7396114993
- E-Mail: [email protected]
If I make any mistakes in the form how do I change it?
You can contact the TS LAWCET office.
Can I get Answer keys on mail?
Yes, Answer keys will be sent to candidates on the registered mail.
How do I submit the Application Form?
The application can be submitted only through online mode.
Is mobile number necessary?
Yes, the mobile number is mandatory as it will be your transaction ID.
If I don\'t take up the exam will they refund my Registration Fee?
No, Registration Fee is not refundable.
Is there any sectional time limit for each section in the TS LAWCET 2020 examination?
No. There is no sectional time limit applicable for the TS LAWCET 2020 examination. Candidates can attempt any section as per his/her choice or priority. However, the total time duration is 90 minutes an candidates are expected to complete all the 120 questions asked in TS LAWCET 2020 examination.