UPES will conduct the ULSAT 2021 examination from June 17, 2021, to June 19, 2021. Those who wish to appear for the ULSAT 2021 are advised to check the syllabus. The aspirants who want to pursue any of the law courses offered by the university must refer to the details of the ULSAT 2021 syllabus given below. ULSAT 2021 will be conducted in online mode and will contain objective-type questions. The question paper consists of the following five sections, and each section carries 30 questions.
- Language Comprehension
- Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Legal General Knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
ULSAT 2021 Detailed Syllabus
The details of the ULSAT Syllabus for 2021, along with the number of questions each section shall carry are tabulated below. Refer to the table to get a detailed analysis of the syllabus for the ULSAT 2021 examination.
- Reading Comprehension,
- One-word substitution,
- Figures of speech,
- Legal terms
Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical Analysis,
- Odd-Even Discretion,
- Data Interpretation,
- Basic Arithmetic,
- Commercial Mathematics
- Statement & Assumptions,
- Direction and distance test,
- Number test,
- Statement & Conclusions,
- Blood Relationships,
- Analogy-Statement & Arguments,
- Coding and Decoding,
- Statement & actions,
- Deductive Reasoning
Legal General Knowledge
- General Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity,
- Important Landmarks Judgements,
- Supreme Court Judgements,
- Indian Constitution
- Law of Torts,
- Legal Maxims,
- Vicarious Liability,
- Strict Liability,
- Law of Crimes,
- Contracts and Constitutional Law,
- International Law,
- Intellectual Property Rights,
- Family Law, IPC,
- Legal fundamentals and terms
ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
To successfully qualify the ULSAT 2021, the candidates need to be aware of the exam pattern and prepare for the exam. ULSAT Exam Pattern for candidates to prepare well is mentioned below.
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||30|
|Legal General Knowledge||30|
The candidates must also refer to the ULSAT exam pattern to enhance their exam preparation.
ULSAT 2021- Preparation tips
Students who wish to secure admission to the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, scoring well in the ULSAT 2021 examination, are advised to read the preparation tips before appearing for ULSAT 2021.
- The candidates should start preparing for the exam at least 6-7 months before the examination. This will ensure complete coverage of the syllabus, and the candidate will be able to perform well on the day of the examination.
- Solve previous year's question papers to get the hang of the types of questions asked in ULSAT.
- Go through the ULSAT 2021 exam pattern to avoid any confusion.
- Try to complete the syllabus at least a month before the examination. This will leave ample time for revision.
- Keep an eye on current affairs by reading newspapers, magazines, and legal journals. This will give you an edge over other candidates appearing for ULSAT 2021.
- Take the mock test provided by the institute. (https://cocubes.in/ulsatdemo)
ULSAT 2021- Preparation material
UPES Dehradun conducts the ULSAT examination. The exam acts as a gateway for admission to various law courses offered by the institute. Since the structure of ULSAT is similar to the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET), and the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India therefore, candidates can prepare for ULSAT with the books referred for these exams. However, for additional practice, candidates can refer to the following books.
|Name of the book||Author|
|Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning||AP Bhardwaj|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|English Reading Comprehension||RPH Editorial|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||RS Aggarwal|
|Legal Awareness & Legal Reasoning (LA & LR) for CLAT & other Law Entrance Exams||Wiley's ExamXpert|