The Consortium of National Law Universities released the CLAT application form 2021 on its official website on Jan 1, 2021. Candidates will have to register for the CLAT 2021 exam on the official website, before they can access and fill in the application form for the same. The CLAT 2021 application form filling process will require the candidate to submit their personal details, academic details, category details, and the their preference of National Law Universities. Candidates have to exercise caution while filling in the application form as any discrepancy found in the information submitted by the candidate will result in their candidature being nullified by the authorities.
|Application Form Release||Jan 1, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date to Apply||Mar 31, 2021|
|CLAY 2021||Jun 13, 2021|
Documents required for CLAT Application Form 2021
Candidates need to have the following documents ready while filling in the CLAT application form 2021:
- Class 10 and 12 marks cards and certificates
- Scanned copies of photographs and signature of the candidate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
How to fill the CLAT Application Form 2021?
The application form for CLAT 2021 was released on Jan 1, 2021. The last date to apply is Mar 31, 2021. Candidates who successfully submit their application forms before the last date will be issued their admit cards. The CLAT application form 2021 is available on the official website of the NLUs consortium. Before candidates can access the application form, however, they will first have to register for CLAT 2021.
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to register for the CLAT 2021 exam:
- Visit the official website of the NLUs consortium.
- Find the link for CLAT 2021 and click on it.
- A login panel will appear on your screens.
- Proceed to register.
- In the registration form, enter the name and mobile number, and create a password.
- Once submitted, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the candidate. The candidates must keep this OTP confidential.
- Verify the mobile number to complete the registration process.
CLAT Application Form Filling
Once candidates have successfully registered, they will be able to access the CLAT application form 2021. Once registered, candidate can use their mobile number an password created at the time of registration to log into the CLAT portal. The CLAT application form is divided into 5 sections, which are as follows:
- Personal Information
- Communication Information
- Qualifying Exam Details
- Choosing preferred NLU
- Document Upload
- Application Fee Payment
1. Personal Information
Candidates will have to do the following in this sections:
- Candidates will have to fill in all their details correctly, which includes the candidate's father's name, mother's name, the candidate's category, date of birth, nationality and NRI status (if applicable).
- Candidates will have to upload a recent passport size photograph and signature, as per the specified instructions.
2. Communication Details
In the communication details section, the candidates will have to enter the following details:
- Correspondence address
- Permanent address
- Domicile details
3. Qualifying Exam Details
Candidates will have to do the following in this sections:
- Candidate will have to enter the marks they secured in Class 10 and 12
- Candidates will have to fill the following details in regards to their qualifying exam:
- Qualifying Exam Name
- Name of the Board or University
- Passing Status (Appearing/Appeared/Passed)
- Date of Passing (Month and Year)
- Qualifying Exam Percentage (only for those who have passed the exam)
4. Test Centre preference and selecting NLUs
Candidates will have to choose 3 exam centres from a list of 67 across the country. Along with the test centres, candidates will also have to choose their preferred National Law University. The list of the 10 best NLUs are listed in the table below along with their NIRF ranking:
|National Law School of India||1|
|NALSAR National University of Law||3|
|National Law University, Jodhpur||5|
|West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences||6|
|Gujarat National Law University||7|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Law University||10|
|Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||11|
|National Law University, Cuttack||14|
|National Law University and Judicial, Bhopal||16|
|National Law Institute, Bhopal||17|
5. Document Upload
Candidates will have to upload their photograph, signature and domicile certificate as per the specifications mentioned below:
|Domicile Certificate||2 MB|
6. Application Fee Payment
Candidates will have to enter their reservation details if applicable before proceeding to complete the form and pay the application fees. Candidates will have to upload the relevant documents if seeking reservation or PwD benefits. Once the application form is complete, candidates can proceed to pay the application fees. The application fee differs for different category candidates. The category-wise application fee for CLAT #is mentioned in the table below:
|General/ OBC/ PwD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI||INR 4,000|
|SC/ ST||INR 3,500|
CLAT Application Form Correction
Last year, the exam authorities did not provide an application form correction window. The chances of the conducting authorities providing such an opportunity this year are very low.
For this reason, it is important that candidates take extreme care while filling in the details of the application form. The Consortium of NLUs may or may not provide an application form correction window. If the exam authorities do consider allowing corrections to the application within a specified time period, the information for the same will be updated on the official website of the consortium. Candidates must keep an eye out and regularly check the official consortium website for sources for updates on the same.
CLAT Admit Card 2021
The CLAT admit card 2021 will be issued to all the candidates who have successfully filled in and submitted their application forms. Candidates will be able to download the admit card by logging into the CLAT portal on the official NLUs consortium website. The admit card will contain details about the candidate, important instructions, the roll number of the candidate, and details about the exam centre. The CLAT admit card 2021 is an important piece of document without which candidates will not be allowed to write the exam. The admit card must be preserved until the entire admissions process is over.