The candidates appearing for the TS LAWCET 2021 must be thorough with the syllabus set by the conducting authority for the examination. The candidates must make sure they cover all the topics in the TS LAWCET syllabus 2021. Candidates should also take the help of the highly recommended TS LAWCET Reference Books. The section-wise syllabus for the TS LAWCET 2021 exam is given on this page.
TS LAWCET 2021 Syllabus
The TS LAWCET syllabus 2021 is divided into 3 sections: General Knowledge and Mental Ability, Legal Aptitude, and Current Affairs. The TS LAWCET 5 years syllabus will be intermediate level whereas the TS LAWCET 3 years syllabus will be graduation level based.
TS LAWCET 2021 Syllabus: General Knowledge and Mental Ability
The syllabus for General Knowledge and Mental Ability is discussed below. This section contains 30 questions based on both general awareness and mental ability.
- Logical Reasoning
- Environmental Science
- Complex Arrangements
- Coding & Decoding
- Non-Verbal Series
- Direction and Distances
- Linear Arrangements
- Blood Relationships
- Routes & Networks
- Verbal Series
- Alphabet Test
- Symbols and Notations
- Data Interpretation Test
- Data Sufficiency Test
- Problems Based on Symmetry
- Ordering & Sequencing
- Problems Based on Visual Ability
- Analytical Reasoning
TS LAWCET 2021 Syllabus: Current Affairs
This section contains 30 questions based on events that are happening in the country and globally. Candidates must be up-to-date on past and recent news articles and topics of relevance such as:
- All the important national and international events that happened in the past 1 year
- Awards and Achievements
- Scientific Discoveries and Inventions
- And further topics of relevance.
TS LAWCET 2021 Syllabus: Aptitude for the Study of Law
This section includes 60 questions on Legal Aptitude. The exam conducting body has said that the questions of this section will be of elementary level, based on general laws and the Constitution of India. This will include topics like:
Public International Law:
- International Law and Municipal Law
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea, and outer space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations
- General Principles of Contract
- Indian Contract Act-1872
- The Industrial Disputes Act 1947
- The Trade Union Act 1926
Crimes and Torts:
- Joint liability
- State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
- Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions
- TORTS: General Principles of Tort
Intellectual Property Rights & Other Law:
- The Right to Information Act 2005
- Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Environmental Protection Act, 1986
- Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970
TS LAWCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Along with the TS LAWCET syllabus 2021, candidates must be well aware of the TS LAWCET 2021 exam pattern. Some of the significant highlights are as follows:
Computer Based Test / Online Test
Number of Sections
Type of Questions
MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)
Language of Exam
English, Telugu, and Urdu
Number of Questions
TS LAWCET 2021 Marking Scheme
1 mark for every right answer
TS LAWCET 2021 Negative Marking
No negative marking
TS LAWCET 2021: Important points
Provided below are a few points that candidates must keep in mind about the TS LAWCET 2021.
- TS LAWCET 2021 will be held in online mode.
- Candidates must carry their TS LAWCET admit cards 2021 and valid ID proof to the exam hall.
- Candidates should report to the test centre at least 30 minutes before the exam starts to avoid any complications.
- The TS LAWCET 2021 qualifying marks are 35% (42 marks out of 120). There are no such criteria for SC/ST candidates.