As part of their preparation for the exam, candidates are advised to source the CLAT previous year question papers as it will aid them in their preparation process. For 2021, the conducting authority is the National Law University, Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack. The CLAT previous year question papers are available online and candidates can use the same to increase their chances of scoring well in the exam. Read on to know more about the CLAT previous year question papers, and download the pdfs as well.
CLAT Previous Years' Question Papers Download
The downloadable PDF files containing the CLAT question papers for the last 6 years are given below:
- CLAT 2020 Question Paper pdf
- CLAT 2019 Question Paper pdf
- CLAT 2018 Question Paper pdf
- CLAT 2017 Question Paper pdf
- CLAT 2016 Question Paper Pdf
- CLAT 2015 Question Paper Pdf
Advantages of solving the CLAT Previous Years Question Papers
Solving as many question papers from the previous years in preparation for the CLAT 2021 exam has many benefits. The various benefits of the solving the CLAT previous year question papers are as follows:
- Firstly, the CLAT previous year question papers will give candidates an exact idea of the exam pattern of the paper. This will give candidates insights into how to approach writing the exam.
- Candidates can use the previous year question papers, along with sample papers, and recreate the conditions of the exam while attempting them. This means that the candidate can use a timer and try to finish each paper within the official exam duration. This practice will drastically improve the candidate's speed and time management skills.
- By solving the CLAT previous year question papers, candidates will get an account of the type of questions being asked. This way, the candidate can get an account of their weakness and, thus, work on them.
Types of question asked in CLAT Question Papers
Candidates will have to attempt 5 sections while writing the CLAT 2021 exam. The syllabus will be notified along with the official notifications and candidates can check the same to aid their preparation process. Candidates will be tested on their English language skills, their knowledge of current affairs including general knowledge, their legal and logical reasoning skills, and quantitative techniques. Various books for preparation are available for the entrance exam, and candidates can use the CLAT previous year question papers, as well as sample papers to get an idea of the kind of questions that can be asked. The section-wise weightage of sections, the number of questions that can be asked, and the percentage weightage of each section in the paper are detailed in the table below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Percentage Weightage|
|English Language||28 - 32||20%|
|Current Affairs (including GK)||35 - 39||25%|
|Legal Reasoning||35 - 39||25%|
|Logical Reasoning||28 - 32||20%|
|Quantitative Ability||13 - 17||10%|
CLAT Question Paper Pattern 2021
Preparing the CLAT exam syllabus is indeed important to crack the exam successfully. However, students often neglect the exam pattern while preparing for the exam. Being well acquainted with the CLAT exam pattern is equally important to ensure that candidates go to attempt the exam confidently. Some of the highlights of the CLAT exam pattern can be found below:
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Type of Paper||Multiple-Choice Queries (MCQ) from given passages|
|Number of Question||150|
|Number of Sections||5|
Read more: CLAT Exam Pattern 2021