The syllabus of the AIBE 2020 is prescribed by the Bar Council of India for the 3 year and 5 year LLB programmes at law schools in India. The syllabus consists of various topics from the field related to law.
AIBE Syllabus 2020
The following are the topics that are the basis for the question in the exam. Check out AIBE XV Exam Pattern for questioning structure.
- Constitutional Law - The questions will be based on topics like human rights, judiciary, parliament, customary law, and international rules & law.
- Indian Penal Code: It is a comprehensive code intended to cover all substantive aspects of criminal law.
- Criminal Procedure Code: The paper will be based on questions related to Indian Criminal law and Procedure of Law.
- Code of Civil Procedure: In this, questions will be asked on topics related to the Process of Judgement, Conduct of Trials, and how the clerks and court must function.
- Family Law: Questions will be related to domestic partnership, marriage, child custody, paternity, adoption, surrogacy, and juvenile law.
- Administrative Law: The body of the law that governs the activities of administrative agencies of the Government.
- Evidence Act: It contains a set of rules and allied issues governing the admissibility of evidence in the Indian court of law.
- Labour and Industrial Laws: Laws related to worker and employee, child labour and discrimination, and employment terms will be asked in this section.
- Cyber Law: Questions will be related to the internet, cybersecurity, software, computing, and electronic commerce.
- Corporate Law: It is the body of the law that governs the rights, relations, and conduct of persons, companies, organizations, and businesses.
- Indian Penal Code (IPC): IPC is the main Indian Criminal Code and will be asked questions related to Public Tranquility, and also Criminal Conspiracy.
- Public Interest Litigation: It is the case that is directly filed by an individual or a group of people in the Supreme Court of India.
- Professional Ethics and Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI Rules: The set of rules that govern the professional conduct of Advocates, that arises out of the duty that they owe the court, the client, opponents and other advocates.
- Evidence Act: It is advised that test-takers go through the Evidence Act. Questions will be asked related to the Act of 1872.
- Environmental Law: It is the collection of laws and regulations, agreements and common law that governs how humans interact with their environment.
- Land Acquisition Act: An Act to amend the law for the acquisition of land for public purposes and companies.
- Intellectual Property Law: It deals with the rules for securing and enforcing legal rights to inventions, designs, and artistic works.
AIBE 2020 Syllabus summary is given below with a list of topics and number of questions asked in the examination:
|Serial No.||Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions|
|2||I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|3||Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|4||C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)||10|
|6||Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|8||Public Interest Litigation||4|
|10||Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|14||Labour & Industrial Laws||4|
|15||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|16||Law related to Taxation||4|
|17||Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|18||Land Acquisition Act||2|
|19||Intellectual Property Laws||2|