The CLAT 2021 counselling process will be conducted after the declaration of the results. The counselling process for CLAT 2021 will be conducted starting from July 2, 2021 as the further rounds of admission for the BA LLB and BBA LLB programs at the various NLUs and CLAT affiliated participating universities. The Consortium of National Law Universities will invite candidates for the CLAT 2021 counselling process once the merit list is out. Candidates will have to register for the counselling process on the official website of the consortium. Candidates who will be allotted a National Law University will have to pay a fee of INR 50,000 for securing the allotted seat. The fee will be considered a part of the admission fee and the admission fee will be updated after deducting INR 50,000.
|Application Form Start Date||January 1, 2021|
|Application Form End Date||March 31, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||April 17, 2021|
|CLAT 2021||June 13, 2021|
|Answer Key Release Date||To be announced|
|CLAT Results 2021||To be announced|
|CLAT Counselling 2021||To be announced|
CLAT Counselling 2021 Highlights
The CLAT counselling 2021 highlights are as follows:
|Conducting Authority||The Consortium of National Law Universities|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Participating Institutes||21 NLUs and 45+ Private Institutes|
|Total No. of NLU Seats||3000 (approx)|
The CLAT counselling 2021 process will entail the following steps:
- Online registration for counselling
- Choosing preferred NLU
- Seat allotment
- Payment of fees
- Reporting to allotted institutes
CLAT Counselling 2021 Process
The CLAT counselling 2021 process is scheduled for July 2, 2021. Candidates will have to register for the counselling process if they qualify for it once the rank list is released. Before starting their registrations for the CLAT counselling 2021, candidates need to make sure that they gather a couple of documents and keep them ready. Read on to know more about the counselling process for CLAT 2021.
Documents required for CLAT Counselling 2021
Candidates will have to keep the following documents ready before starting their registrations for the CLAT counselling 2021 process:
- CLAT Application Form 2021
- CLAT Admit Card 2021
- CLAT Result 2021
- Class 10 Marks Sheet
- Class 12 Marks Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- NRI Certificate (if applicable)
- NRI Sponsored Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Official Call Letter
- Latest Passport Size Photographs
CLAT 2021 Counselling Procedure
The CLAT counselling 2021 process will be conducted with the help of an centralized online system. The entire process will be conducted in accordance with the CLAT calendar created by the consortium. Candidates will be able to check the counselling dates on the official website of the consortium.
For admissions to the 21 NLUs, the counselling procedure for CLAT 2021 will entail the following steps:
Step 1: Publication of the First Indicative List
The Consortium of National Law Universities will release the merit list to shortlist the candidates for the final admission process. The first list for the CLAT counselling 2021 process will be declared on a merit-cum-preference basis of the CLAT 2021 scores.
Step 2: Counselling Fee Payment/ Option to Exercise for Provisionally Selected Candidates
This step involves the following points:
- The participation in the counselling process will be allowed for a specified number of category candidates against the actual number of seats available at the various participating NLUs.
- The provisionally selected candidates will have to make a deposit of the requisite fee of INR 50,000 with the CLAT office, which will be transferred to the participating NLUs which the candidates have applied for.
- It should be noted that candidates who fail to deposit the requisite fee will be disqualified from seeking admissions, and their names will be dropped from the merit list.
- Once the requisite fees have been paid, candidates will be able to exercise any one of the following options:
- Lock: The "Lock" option confirms the candidate's choice of the allotted institute. If candidates confirm their choice, they will not be considered for shifting to an NLU of a higher ranking should a vacancy arise at a later stage in the counselling process.
- Upward Shift: Candidates who choose the "Upward Shift" option will be considered for vacancies arising in the NLUs if their choice via a subsequent allotment list. The upward shift will be done in accordance to the preferences of the candidates as filled in the application form. At no point in the CLAT counselling 2021 process will be there be any downward shifting of candidate preferences.
- Withdrawal: Candidates will be able to withdraw their fees should they choose to do so. There are 2 ways to withdraw the fees:
- Option 1: Failing to deposit the requisite fee
- Option 2: In the 4th round of counseling where candidates can choose the option of withdrawal before the final seat allotment list
Step 3: Publication of Second List - Names of Final Candidates after Counselling Fee Payment/ Additional Candidates in the Waitlist
The third step in the CLAT counselling 2021 procedure is as follows:
- The second list will be prepared and published by the authorities once the candidates have paid their counselling fees and locked their choices of the seats in the participating NLUs.
- The exam authorities will also release a waiting list of candidates selected provisionally against candidates that have dropped out, if any.
- The requisite counselling fee of INR 50,000 will have to be paid within the time prescribed by the CLAT calendar. The fees must be paid if a candidate wants to reserve their seat.
- A nominal amount of INR 10,000 will be deducted from the deposited counselling fees.
- In case there is any withdrawal after the stipulated period, the entire counselling fee will be forfeited.
Step 4: Publication of Third List - Seat Allotment
This step will have the following points that candidates will have to keep in mind:
- The exam authorities will publish a third allotment list which will contain the names of the candidates who have paid their counselling fee and reserved their seat in their preferred participating NLUs.
- Along with the third list, a list of waitlist candidates provisionally selected against dropped out candidates will be released.
- As with the previous step, candidates will have to pay the requisite counselling fee and reserve their seat.
Step 5: Finalizing Admission Formalities at Allotted NLUs
This step will have the following points:
- Candidates will have to visit their allotted NLU to pay the balance amount towards the admission and other fees.
- Candidates will have to carry their supporting documents with them, issued by a competent authority, as a means of validating all the information provided during the application process.
- The respective universities will check the original certificates at the time of admission.
- Candidates who fail to produce the required original certificates and documents, or fail to meet the eligibility requirements, will be disqualified from the admission process.
- Once the merit list is published, if a candidate fails to report for admission, the deposited counselling fee will be forfeited and the claim for admission will be denied.