The NEET 2021will be held on Aug 1, 2021. It is being speculated that Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank may announce the release of NEET application form 2021 soon. The dates of availability, application fee, modes of filling, modes of payment, and all the other information related to NEET application form 2021 is discussed on this page.
NEET 2021 Application Form Highlights
The following are the important highlights related to the NEET 2021 application form. The aspirants must familiarize themselves with all the details given below, to simplify their doubts about the application form filling process.
|Where to Apply||NTA's official website|
|Application Dates||To be announced|
|Initial Requirements||An authentic email ID and a valid phone number|
|Confirmation||Only those candidates who have successfully completed all the steps to view the confirmation page after logging in to their NEET accounts.|
|Cancellation criteria||The candidates are advised to send only one NEET 2021 application form, if they send more than one then their NEET 2021 candidature will be considered invalid.|
Note: The candidates should ensure that the phone number and address entered in the NEET 2021 application form are their own valid credentials.
NEET Application Form 2021 Important Dates
The first step towards pursuing a quality medical course in India is to fill the NEET 2021 application form. Lakhs of students appear for the NEET exam every year, as various prestigious educational institutions in the medical field consider NEET scores while giving admission.
The candidates can check all the below-mentioned important dates associated with filling and submitting the NEET application form 2021.
|Application Form Release Date||June, 2021|
|Last Date to fill the Application Form||To be announced|
|Last Date to pay the Application Fee||To be announced|
|Form Correction Dates||To be announced|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||Aug 1, 2021|
The candidates must note that the dates mentioned above are tentative. The final dates related to the NEET 2021 application form will be updated in this section once the official brochure is released by the conducting authorities.
NEET 2021 Application Form Details
The NEET 2021 application form will be made available on the official website by June 2021(Tentative). Candidates will have to follow the NEET 2021 Exam dates regularly to stay updated about NEET 2021.
For the benefit of candidates, NTA reopened the application window only for those candidates who have successfully completed Step I in the NEET application form filling process. Those candidates can continue with the remaining Steps - II, III, IV, and complete the application registration process.
To fill up the NEET 2021 Application Form candidates will have to give the following information:
- Parent's Name
- Aadhar Number
- Ration Card Number
- PAN card details
- Bank Account Details
- Election Card (EPIC No.)
To read more on the information to be filled in, candidates may go to the link “Replica of Application- 2021” on the NEET 2021 official webpage.
Steps to fill the NEET Application Form?
The candidates must follow the below mentioned steps to fill the NEET 2021 application form:
Step 1: Registration
The candidates must register themselves on the official website.
- Go to the official website - www.ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on New Registration.
- Fill your personal details: name, parents' name, contact details, gender, category, date of birth, nationality, etc.
- Enter the Captcha Code displayed on screen.
- Verify all the details and proceed to click on Preview and Next.
- On the next screen, candidates will need to create a unique password, and select a security questio. We advise candidates to make a note of these details to avoid losing access to their accounts.
- Proceed with the OPT verification and submit.
- The provisional application number will be displayed on the candidate's screen. Candidates must note this number down for future reference.
Step 2: Filling the NEET Application Form 2021
The candidates can fill the application form for NEET 2021 by following the below-given steps:
- Go to the official website.
- Locate and click on the option to Login.
- Log in using your provisional NEET application number which was allotted in the previous step, and the chosen password.
- The NEET 2021 application form will open on your screen.
- The application is provided into twelve sections. The candidates must fill all the details to the best of their knowledge. The candidates must avoid making any errors while filling the NEET application form 2021.
- After duly filling the NEET application form 2021, the candidates must check it to ensure that it is error free.
- Once satisfied, submit the NEET application form 2021.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
The candidates will have to upload some documents, as per the stated specifications while filling the NEET application form 2021. The details related to the documents are given below:
Documents required for NEET 2021 Application Form
The candidates will require the following documents to fill up the NEET 2021 Application Form:
The use of Aadhaar by NEET 2021 applicants will result in the accuracy of the candidate's identification details. Accordingly, NTA has decided to use Aadhar for the applicants of NEET 2021 and hereby notifies the following:
Online Application: Candidates, who are in possession of Aadhar shall enter Aadhar number, name, date of birth & gender in the online application for NEET 2021 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication.
Enrollment: Test-takers not yet enrolled for Aadhar are hereby required to make an application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicants may visit any Aadhaar enrollment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
Facilitation centers: Candidates without Aadhar card will be facilitated in these, the NTA has specially set up facilitation centers in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment. Candidates can approach such facilitation centers who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment.
List: The list of the facilitation centers is available on the official website of NTA. These candidates who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID (including slash) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling the online application form for NEET 2021.
Request submission: In case the Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centers, the candidates should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation center will issue a registration number to such candidates. This registration number should be entered by the candidates at the time of filling the online application form for NEET 2021.
Advantages of Aadhaar card: Use of Aadhaar will also help in ascertaining the identities of the candidates at the examination centers in a convenient and hassle-free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
Importance: The NEET 2021 Application Form is mandatory for the students who are going to appear in the examination without which, a candidate is not eligible to sit for the examination
Exemption: The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
For students from J&K, Assam, and Meghalaya
- Required details: The candidates who have passed or appearing in the Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya (if not having Aadhaar Card) need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided
- Exam center selection: They should select the city/center of examination in these states only.
- For NRI's, OCI's, PIO's
- NRI candidates if not have Aadhaar need to enter the passport numbers.
- Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) need to enter the passport number.
Document Specifications for NEET Application Form 2021
Candidates are asked to upload certain documents while filling the NEET Application Form 2021. The documents need to be altered as per the below-given specifications first, otherwise the application form will not be accepted.
|Photograph||10 KB to 200 KB||Latest photograph, clicked in front of a white background; 80% face, with ears visible|
|Postcard Sized Picture||4"x6", 50KB to 300KB||Must be taken after September 1, 2020; Should mention the candidate's name and date when the photograph was clicked; No cap or glasses; 80% face with ears clearly visible|
|Signature||4KB to 30KB||Must be done in running handwriting, on white paper with black ink.|
|Thumb Impressions||10 KB to 50 KB||
|Passing Certificate of Class X||100 KB to 400 KB||Candidates should upload scanned copy of Class 10 the passing certificate.|
NOTE: All the photographs must be in JPG format only.
Step 4: NEET 2021 Application Fee Payment
Once all the details have been filled, the candidates will be taken to the NEET application form 2021 fee payment portal. The fee can only be paid online, through net banking, credit card, debit card, UPI, or E-challans.
Service Providers: State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, ICICI, HDFC, Paytm
NEET 2021 Application Form Fee
The application form fee for NEET 2021 is tabulated below for all the categories.
Candidates may incur additional processing charges or GST in addition to the above-mentioned NEET application form 2021 fee.
NEET 2021 Application Form Requisites
This is the information that a candidate has to fill in his/her NEET 2021 application form - Full Name, Date of Birth, Father Name, Mother Name, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID.
- Photo and Signature: Candidates should have scanned images of their latest photograph (size of 10-100 KB) and signature (size of 3-20 KB) in JPG format only, in order to complete their NEET 2021 Application Form.
- ID Proof: Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrollment Number/Registration Number Issued by NTA Facilitation/Passport number/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number/ Other valid Govt. Identity Card Numbers can be used.
- All aspirants have to provide Aadhar/Identity details as given below:
|Category of Candidates||Types of permissible IDs|
|Indian Nationals of all states||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrollment No. or Registration No. issued by Facilitation Center|
|Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya, or Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrollment No., Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.|
- A test taker must be ready with the details of the Debit/Credit card or Internet Banking depending on whichever mode of payment he or she opts for the payment of NEET 2021 application form fee:
|Mode of payment||Preparation checks to be done by the candidate|
|Debit/Credit card using an online payment gateway||The validity of the card should be checked and kept ready for payment.|
|Net Banking/UPI||Follow the instructions as communicated during the online process.|
|E-wallet of various service providers||Follow the instructions as communicated during the online process.|
- The NEET form registration number which will be generated after the completion of step 1 of the application form should be noted for future reference.
|Specified Items on NEET 2021 Application Form|
|Nationality||Are you the only child of your parents (If you are the only child of your parents and there are no other siblings, then write 1 in this column otherwise write 2 in the column)|
|Self Declaration||Year of Class XII/Equivalent Examination passed/appearing|
|Category||Percentage of marks/Grade in class X/ Equivalent & XII/ Equivalent|
|Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrolment no./Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre/Passport no./ Ration Card No./Bank Account No./Any other valid Govt. Id. No.||Type of Institution of class XII/ Equivalent|
|District of Birth||Belonging to the Rural/Urban area|
|Date of Birth - Enter the date, month, and year of birth as per the English calendar; as per the date of birth entry in Aadhaar data.||State which the applicant belongs to|
|Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother’s Occupation||School Education Board|
|Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother’s Educational Qualifications||Choice of Examination Centre|
|Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother’s total Annual Income||Qualifying examination codes|
|Question Paper Language||-|
NEET Form Correction Window 2021
In view of the difficulties faced by the aspirants in correcting the particulars in the NEET application form, NTA has given another opportunity to the candidates to make changes in the application form. Candidates must be very careful while making the corrections and verify it again before submitting as this will be the last option to do so. Changes on the NEET form can be made in the following fields.
Mother's Name / Father's Name / Gender / Category / Person with Disability Status / State code of Eligibility / Nationality.
Fields that cannot be corrected in NEET Application Form 2021
- Registered Mobile Number
- Registered Email Address
Candidates must note that no changes in the NEET 2021 application form will be accepted through Fax / Application / E-mail.
NEET Registration Statistics
Every year, NEET witnesses a huge rise in the number of test takers. The data of last three years is given below for your reference:
|Registered||15.9 Lacs||15.1 Lacs||13.2 Lacs|
|Appeared||14.1 Lacs||14.1 Lacs||12.7 Lacs|
NEET 2021 Application Form - For NIOS & Private Applicants
The following are the NEET 2021 Application Form details for NIOS and the Private Applicants:
|Name of School/College||Same as of Class 12th|
|Year of Passing||One year before the passing of Class 12th|
|Place of Study||As applicable|
|State where Class 11 School/College is located||As of class 12|
|District where Class 11 School/College is located||As of class 12|
How to retrieve the NEET Application Form 2021 Password?
There are two ways through which a candidate can regain access to his/her NEET form. The steps to retrieve the NEET Application Form 2021 password are given below:
Through Security Question:
- Click on the Forgot Password link given on the login page.
- On the window that opens up, enter your application number, name, DOB, security question, answer, and the security pin.
- You'll be able to log in if your answers and other credentials are correct.
- Click on the Forgot Password link provided on the login page.
- Enter your NEET 2021 application number.
- Enter your name, and date of birth.
- Enter the security pin and proceed to submit your details.
NEET 2021 Application Form Guidelines
Each person, before submitting NEET application form online, must ensure his or her eligibility to appear in the test. A candidate is required to go through the information bulletin on the official webpage. All aspirants should submit the complete postal address with the pin code, and email address for future communication. Candidates should make sure that phone numbers and e-mail ID entered in the online NEET Application form are valid and they own them, because NTA will communicate on these given information.
Each test taker must have to enter the Code Number against each column provided for Qualifying Examination passed. If someone does not fit within the qualifications specified on the code numbers 02 to 07, then a candidate needs to submit complete details mentioned on column ‘others’.