NEET PG syllabus 2023 is prescribed by the National Board of Examination (NBE). Therefore, candidates should carefully go through the syllabus and all the important topics from which questions can be asked in the upcoming years. By going through the NEET PG syllabus 2023 and exam pattern, candidates can plan their preparation process well.
Latest Update on NEET PG
- Mar 26, 2023: NEET PG Scorecard 2023 has been released today, Mar 26, 2023, on the official website.
- Mar 15, 2023: NEET PG Counselling 2023 is expected to start from Jul 15, 2023.
|NEET PG Mock Test 2023||NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023|
As per the syllabus, candidates must be able to source all the best reference books for NEET PG 2023 preparation. Find the list of NEET PG subjects that belongs to the syllabus PDF in the article below.
Table of Contents
- NEET PG Syllabus 2023 Details
- NEET PG Exam Subject Wise Syllabus
- NEET PG Syllabus 2023- Subject-Wise Breakdown
- NEET PG Syllabus 2023 Dental Sciences
- Importance of Knowing NEET PG Syllabus
- NEET PG Exam Pattern 2023
- NEET PG 2023 Reference Books
- NEET PG 2023 Subject-Wise Distribution of Marks
NEET PG Syllabus 2023 Details
Candidates should refer to all the points mentioned regarding the NEET PG syllabus 2023. In addition, the candidates can check the topic-wise breakdown of the syllabus in the table mentioned below and go through NEET PG eligibility as well.
NEET PG Syllabus 2023 consists of three sections: Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and clinical. NBE has also released the marks distribution of each topic in terms of the marks. The questions are framed from a total of 14 subjects. Read the points below to understand the NEET PG syllabus 2023.
NEET PG 2023 Pre-Clinical Syllabus
The subjects under the pre-clinical section as per NEET PG syllabus 2023 are as follows:
NEET PG Para-Clinical Syllabus 2023
The subjects under the para-clinical section as per NEET PG syllabus 2023 are as follows:
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
NEET PG 2023 Clinical Syllabus
The subjects under the clinical section as per NEET PG syllabus 2023 are as follows:
- Medicine, Dermatology, and Venereology
- Surgery, Orthopaedics, and Anaesthesia
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
NEET PG Exam Subject-Wise Syllabus
NEET PG Exam Subject-wise syllabus details are as follows:
|NEET PG Syllabus||PDFs|
|NEET PG 2023 Syllabus||Download|
NEET PG Syllabus 2023 - Subject-Wise Breakdown
The syllabus consists of subjects that fall in the graduation-level syllabus for MBBS and BDS courses as per NEET PG Pattern which is given below. The questions will be mostly asked from pre-clinical, para-clinical, and clinical subjects. A summary of NEET PG 2023 syllabus of all the subjects is given below.
NEET PG Syllabus 2023: Topics for Pre-Clinical Subjects
NEET PG Syllabus 2023: Topics to be Covered for Para-Clinical Subjects
|Social and Preventive Medicine||
NEET PG Syllabus 2023: Topics to be Covered for Clinical Subjects
|Medicine Dermatology & Venereology||
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics, and Anaesthesia||
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||
NEET PG Syllabus 2023 Dental Sciences
Find the list of topics needed for NEET PG MDS syllabus.
- General Anatomy including Embryology and Histology.
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology.
- General Pathology and Microbiology.
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Dental Materials.
- General Medicine.
- General Surgery.
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Prosthodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Public Health Dentistry.
Importance Of Knowing NEET PG Syllabus
NEET PG syllabus is one of the basic resources which play a vital role in NEET exam preparation. Here are some advantages of knowing the NEET PG 2023 syllabus :
- The syllabus helps candidates strategise and schedule things in a systematic and organised manner
- They get a knack for subjects that have to be prepared for the exam
- Knowing the syllabus of NEET PG, candidates can be aware of topics in each subject
- Students get an idea of lengthy topics and plan accordingly in terms of preparation
- With the NEET PG syllabus in mind, students can make a topic centric study plan
NEET PG 2023 Exam Pattern
Along with NEET PG syllabus, candidates need to have a clarity about exam pattern too. The exam pattern gives an insight about the test paper helping candidates to plan in advance. NEET PG 2023 exam pattern is shown in the table below:
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Medium of the Exam||English|
|Duration of the Exam||3.5 hours|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||MCQ (Mutiple Choice Questions)|
NEET PG 2023 Reference Books
There are various coaching institutes for NEET PG that offer online, as well as on-campus training for the exam at a nominal fee. However, not every aspirant can afford coaching lessons. Also, it isn't necessary that coaching will give a candidate an edge over a candidate that does not taken up coaching classes. With the right study schedule and preparation, candidates can get ample preparation before the date of the examination. As part of their preparation, it is advised that candidates source all the best NEET PG reference books. The best NEET PG reference books are detailed in the table below.
|Anatomy||Self-Assessment and Review or Anatomy||Rajesh Kaushal|
|Pharmacology||Review of Pharmacology||Gobind Rai Garg, Sparsh Gupta, Ranjan Patel|
|Biochemistry||Self-Assessment and Review of Biochemistry||Rebecca James|
|Forensic Medicine||Self-Assessment and Review of Basic Anatomy and Forensic Medicine||Arvind Arora|
|Pathology||Review of Pathology and Genetics||Sparsh Gupta and Devesh Mishra|
|Microbiology||Review of Microbiology and Immunology||Rachna Chaurasia, Apurba Sastry, Ananthanarayan or Panicker's|
|Paediatrics||Review of Pediatrics and Neonatology||Taruna Mehra or OP Ghai|
|Medicine||Complete Review of Medicine for NBE||Deepak Marwah or Mudit Khanna|
|Surgery||Surgery Essence||Pritesh Singh|
|PSM||Community Medicine (PSM)||Vivek Jain|
|Physiology||Review of Physiology||Dr Souman Manna or Dr Krishna Kumar|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||Self-Assessment and Review of Obstetrics and Gynaecology||Sakshi Arora|
|ENT||ENT for Entrance Exam||Manisha Sinha and Sachin Budhiraja|
|Opthalmology||Comprehensive Opthalmology||AK Khurana Ruchi Rai|
|Orthopaedics||Orthopedics Quick Review||Apruv Mehra|
|Radiology||Review of Radiology||Rajat Jain|
|Dermatology||Review of Dermatology||Saurabh Jindal|
|Anaesthesia||PROAFS Anaesthesia for NBE||Profs by Vivek Jain|
|Psychiatry||Review of Psychiatry||Praveen Tripathi|
|Image-Based||Final Edge Image-Based||Deepak Marwah|
Read More: NEET PG 2023 Reference Books
NEET PG 2023 Subject-Wise Distribution of Marks
NEET PG exam will have 3 sections and each will have a different number of questions associated with it. Section A will have 50 questions, Section B will have 100 questions, and Section C will have 150 questions that will be asked. The marking scheme remains consistent throughout all the sections and the paper will be for a total of 1200 marks. The subject-wise weightage of each section in NEET PG 2023 exam is as follows.
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Section C||General Medicine (including Dermatology, Psychiatry, and Venereology)||45|
|General Surgery (including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia, and Radiodiagnosis)||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|