The National Board of Examination conducts an entrance/eligibility exam known as the National Entrance cum Eligibility Test for Super Speciality courses (NEET SS). This exam is conducted yearly at a national level. NEET SS exam is a gateway for specialization and higher studies in the medical field. The details about the NEET SS exam 2021, such as the important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc., are mentioned on this page.
The NBE has revised the exam schedule for NEET SS 2021. The exam will now be conducted on Jan 10, 2022, and the application process will reopen from Nov 1, 2021, onwards.
Latest Updates for NEET SS:
- Oct 8, 2021: The NBE has released a revised exam schedule for NEET SS 2021. Due to this, the ongoing registration facility shall be put on hold until Oct 31, 2021. The new registration facility will open from Nov 1, 2021, onwards.
- What is NEET SS?
- NEET SS 2021 Exam Date
- NEET SS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET SS 2021 Application Form
- NEET SS 2021 Admit Card
- NEET SS 2021 Exam Centres
- NEET SS 2021 Exam Pattern
- NEET SS 2021 Syllabus
- NEET SS 2021 Reference Books
- NEET SS 2021 Result
- NEET SS 2021 Cut Off
- NEET SS 2021 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is NEET SS?
NEET SS (National Entrance cum Eligibility Test - Super Speciality) is prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission into various DM/MCh courses as per the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2016. Qualifying this examination is mandatory for candidates to enter into DM/MCh courses in various universities/institutions in the country. Apart from the NEET SS Exam, there is no other exam for taking admission into DM/MCh courses. The NEET SS Exam is the only admission test available no other test is considered valid.
Candidates who want to do specialization or super-speciality will first have to appear for the NEET SS exam. The interested candidates can check if they satisfy the NEET SS eligibility criteria and then apply for the exam. The application for the NEET SS can be done online, from the official website. Candidates can check the NEET SS results on the official website of the NEET SS exam, which is declared after the test in few weeks. Candidates are instructed to check the official website for any new updates regularly. Interested candidates can find out more about the NEET SS Exam below.
The highlights of the NEET SS 2021 exam are given below.
|Exam Name||NEET SS|
|Full Form||National Entrance cum Entrance Test for Super Speciality courses|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Level||Super Speciality|
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
Some of the MCC NEET SS courses having fewer seats and single common feeder courses are clubbed together. Candidates can choose two courses from the same clubbed category only.
Colleges that accept NEET SS exam 2021 scores
- All private medical colleges/ institutions/ universities/ deemed universities that offer DM/MCh courses.
- Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions
The following colleges do not accept the NEET SS exam 2021 scores for admission to any courses they offer:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
NEET SS 2021 Exam Date
Aspirants must be aware of the important dates related to NEET SS 2021.
|NEET SS Application Form Release Date||Nov 1, 2021 (3 PM onwards)|
|Last Date to submit the Application Form||Nov 22, 2021 (till 11:55 pm)|
|NEET SS Admit Card||Jan 3, 2022|
|NEET SS Exam Date||Jan 10, 2022, and Jan 1, 1970|
|NEET SS Results||To be announced|
|NEET SS Counselling Date (Round 1 Registration)||To be announced|
|NEET SS Counselling Date (Round 2 Registration)||To be announced|
NEET SS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The National Board of Examination has prescribed eligibility criteria for applying for the MCC NEET SS examination. Candidates are supposed to make sure that they satisfy these criteria before applying for the examination.
- The candidate must possess a postgraduate degree (MS/MD/DNB/Equivalent) from a recognized institution.
- Candidates that are completing their postgraduate degree are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate must be registered with the Medical Council of India or the State Medical Council.
NEET SS for Foreign Nationals
Foreign Nationals who wish to appear for the NEET SS examination need not register with the MCI. The MCI (Medical Council of India) on payment of the registration fees for NEET SS may grant temporary registration during the period of the Post Doctoral course limited to the medical college/institute to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing the postdoctoral course.
However, the candidate does need to be registered with the medical council/concerned authority in his/her respective country.
Read More: NEET SS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
NEET SS 2021 Application Form
The process for admission starts with the notification for the NEET SS examination followed by the release of the application form The NEET SS application form is to be filled in online, and this can be accessed by registering on the official website for the NEET SS examination. The application fee per candidate is INR 3750.
The candidates that complete and submit the application form within the last date and are eligible for the NEET SS examination, only then will the admit card be issued. The NEET SS Admit Card will be updated on the official website.
Candidates are required to make sure they satisfy the NEET SS eligibility criteria, or their application will be rejected. The fee for the application form is non-refundable.
How to register and apply for NEET SS?
- The candidate has to visit the official website after the notification for the application is released.
- Next, the candidate has to register by providing his/her details such as email id, phone number, date of birth, etc.
- After registering, the candidate can start filling out the application form, and the details are to be filled in carefully, making sure that the candidate satisfies all the eligibility criteria.
- After filling out the application form, the candidate has to select the preferred exam centres in order of preference.
- Next, the application fee is to be paid through online mode only. Preferred modes of payment are debit card/credit card/internet banking.
- A printout of the application form is to be kept by the candidates for future reference.
Documents required for NEET SS 2021 Application Form
Check the document specifications for NEET SS 2021 below.
- Passport-sized colored photograph with white background
- Resolution: 200 DPI
- Maximum file size: 80 KB
- Format: .jpg/.jpeg/.image
- Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- A scanned copy of the candidate's signature and thumb impression is also required.
NEET SS 2021 Admit Card
The NEET Super Speciality admit card will be released on the official website, and the notification for the same will be sent through public notice and SMS to the number the candidate has provided during the application process.
The candidates are required to download the admit card and affix their recent passport-sized photograph in the space provided. Neet SS admit cards will not be sent by post to the candidate.
Steps to download NEET SS 2021 Admit Card
- Step-1: Go to the official website of NBE.
- Step-2: Click on the NEET SS Tab.
- Step-3: Click on the Applicant Login tab.
- Step-4: Enter your NEET SS User ID and Password.
- Step-5: Your Login page will appear, then click on the NEET SS Admit Card Tab.
- Step-6: Your admit card will appear. Therefore, you must review it.
- Step-7: Download your NEET SS Admit Card and take a print of it.
Read More: NEET SS 2021 Admit Card
NEET SS 2021 Exam Centres
The list below mentions the cities across India with NEET SS 2021 Exam Centres.
NEET SS 2021 Exam Pattern
The NEET SS exam will be a computer-based multiple answer choice type of question and will be a single-day exam only. The candidates are allowed to choose a maximum of two super speciality courses for the exam. The exam duration for candidates selecting only one super-specialty course will be 1 hour and 45 minutes, whereas for candidates selecting two, the exam will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The exam contains two papers A and B. Paper A is for 45 minutes with MCQ-type questions based on all eligible feeder broad courses. Paper B is for 60 minutes with all PG exit level questions and will cover topics based on the selected super speciality course.
|Paper||Number of questions||Marks allotted||Time allotted||Syllabus|
|Paper A||40||160||45 minutes||All eligible feeder broad speciality questions|
|Paper B||60||240||60 minutes||PG exit level questions and topics based on the selected super-speciality course|
|Total||100||400||1 hour 45 minutes||-|
Read More: NEET SS 2021 Exam Pattern
NEET SS 2021 Syllabus
The NBE sets the syllabus for the NEET SS examination. The syllabus varies based on the super speciality course that the candidate has applied for. They are required to go through the complete syllabus in preparation for the NEET SS exam 2021.
The candidates are also required to prepare for the different topics in the two papers:
- This paper consists of MCQ questions based on eligible feeder broad speciality courses.
- If there is a single feeder broad speciality course, then paper A will consist of questions from that one broad speciality.
- For both super speciality and multiple feeder broad speciality courses, the paper A will consist of questions from all.
- This paper carries 60% of the total marks of the exam.
- These questions will be at the PG exit level.
- It will also cover topics related to clinical practices and basic sciences.
NEET SS 2021 Reference Books
One of the most trusted Reference books for NEET SS is Shwartz's Book of Principles of Surgery. You can find this book easily on the internet to buy. These books have strong theoretical and conceptual questions and content to prepare you for higher studies in the medical field, particularly for NEET SS. Other books are as follows:
- Shackelford Surgery Of the Alimentary Tract 8th edition
- Schwartz's Principles of Surgery
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery 20th edition
- Review books such as Kantamani Teja
- MD Anderson
- AJCC Cancer Staging Manual 8th edition
- Bailey & Love - Short Practice of Surgery 27th edition
NEET SS 2021 Result
NEET SS 2021 result will be announced on the official website of NBE, along with the cutoff list after the exam is conducted. A merit list will be generated based on the scores obtained by the candidates. NBE released a different merit list for each super speciality course. The candidates scoring 50 percentile or above in their respective course are considered qualified. The result will be declared in a List form. A PDF will be published with the roll number of candidates and the marks obtained by them.
Steps to check NEET SS 2021 Result
- Step-1: Click on the link to visit the official website of NBE.
- Step-2: Click on the NEET SS tab on the dashboard of the home page
- Step-3: Click on the result PDF of your super speciality course
- Step-4: Check for your NEET SS 2021 roll number
- Step-5: Check the marks mentioned against your roll number
- Step-6: Save the PDF for future reference.
Read More: NEET SS 2021 Results
NEET SS 2021 Cut Off
Candidates who clear the NEET SS 2021 cut off will get the call letter to appear in the Counselling rounds. NEET SS cut off is released in the form of qualifying percentile instead of marks secured. Mentioned below are the points on which the NEET SS 2021 cut off percentile depends.
- The number of candidates appearing for NEET SS 2021.
- The difficulty level of NEET SS 2021.
- Number of Seats available.
The NEET SS 2021 cut off released for each speciality is mentioned below. The NEET SS cut off is taken as the marks secured by the candidate with a 50% percentile.
|NEET SS Speciality||Cut Off Marks|
|Vascular Surgery/Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery/Thoracic Surgery/Paediatric Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery||205|
|Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery||166|
|Paediatric Cardiology/Neonatology/Paediatric Gasteroenterology/Paediatric Hepatology/Paediatric Nephrology/Paediatric Oncology/Paediatric Intensive Unit||199|
|Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery/Surgical Gasteroenterology||196|
|Head and Neck Surgery||218|
|Gynaecological Oncology/Reproductive Medicine and Surgery||250|
|Geriatric Mental Health||210|
|Critical Care Medicine||178|
|Clinical Immunology and Rhematology||185|
|Cardiac Anesthesia/Organ Transplant Anaesthesia/Paediatric and Neonatal Anaesthesia/Neuroanaesthesia||219|
NEET SS 2021 Tie-Breaking Criteria
If candidates obtain equal marks in the NEET SS Exam. Following clauses will be applied to break the tie for NEET SS Rank List
- Candidates with fewer wrong answers will get the upper spot in the rank list of NEET SS.
- If the first clause remains undecisive (candidates have the same incorrect answers), then the candidate who has secured more marks in Section B of the NEET SS Exam will get the higher rank.
- Accuracy (less incorrect answers) will be considered as the triumph factor if the marks in Section B of NEET SS are the same for the candidates.
- If no clause mentioned above breaks the tie, then the candidate older in age will get the higher rank in NEET SS Rank List.
NEET SS 2021 Counselling
The counselling for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Super Speciality courses) will be held after the results are declared. The Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India, will be conducting the NEET SS counselling. The counselling session will be held online. The shortlisted candidates in the merit list are eligible to attend the NEET SS counselling round.
Candidates are required to do a separate registration to attend the counselling round. They are required to fill in the details correctly and carry all the documents to the counselling centre.
Documents required for NEET SS 2021 Counselling
- 10th and 12th Marksheet
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- UG Certificate/Marksheet
- Photo Id (Aadhar Card/Voter Id/PAN Card)
Read More: NEET SS 2021 Counselling
Contact Number: 022-61087595
Helpdesk Email ID: [email protected]
When does the allotment process for NEET SS start?
The allotment process for the NEET SS examination will start as per the counselling schedule that is set by the Medical Counselling Committee.
Will it be necessary to visit a counselling centre to do the counselling process?
No, that will not be necessary as the online counselling and choice filling process can be done from a place of your convenience. But it is advised that you do not use a mobile phone for this process and instead use a laptop or a personal computer to register and start the counselling.
Who sets the syllabus for the NEET SS?
The syllabus for the NEET SS is set by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
What type of questions are asked in the NEET SS examination?
The exam paper for the NEET SS Exam will be of objective type. It includes MCQs which are generally one-liners or direct questions based on the syllabus. Of course, there will be a few MCQs asked that are going to be based on case history and image based.
Is there any age limit to apply for NEET SS?
No, there is no age limit to apply for NEET SS. Candidates who have completed their postgraduate course in medicine can apply for NEET SS.
What is the application fee for the NEET SS Exam?
The NEET SS Application fee is INR 3750. It can be paid online.
I have just finished my MBBS, Can I apply to NEET SS Exam?
No. In order to apply for the NEET SS Exam it is necessary for candidate to have post graduate degree[MD/MS/Equivalent postgraduation] from a recognized university. Candidates should check the NEET SS Eligibility criteria and then apply for the exam.