Candidates aspiring to pursue a career in the medical field and are looking for a platform to develop and nurture the required skill-set, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is the place to be. Across 290 JIPMER MBBS exam centres in India, the number of applicants is estimated to be around 2 lakhs. Want to know more about the exam? Read the complete article to check all the details regarding exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, etc.
- What is JIPMER?
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Dates
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Syllabus
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Preparation
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Pattern
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Application Form
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Admit Card
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Result
- JIPMER MBBS 2021 Counselling
What is JIPMER?
Organized by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam is a national level entrance exam for candidates interested in pursuing the undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, super speciality, fellowship, and diploma courses under the umbrella of JIPMER.
JIPMER was Established in 1823, and is considered one of the oldest teaching institutes involved with European medicine in Asia. JIPMER was ALSO given the recognition of "Institution of National Importance" while being amongst India's top colleges. Around 150 undergraduate, 200 postgraduate, and 36 doctoral program admissions are accepted by JIPMER. Due to its affiliation with the Government of India, it carries a prominent stature.
Level: Every year JIPMER conducts a National Level Examination for the students who are aspiring to get admission into various medical courses offered by it.
Full-Time PhD Courses: For candidates who are interested in PhD JIPMER 2021 offers full-time residential PhD course in fifteen various disciplines.
Seat Availability: For MBBS - 145+5* Seats (*Exclusive for OCI/NRI) (Under Self Financing Scheme) For MD/ MS - 200 per Seats (100 in January Session & 100 in July Session)
JIPMER 2021 Highlights
JIPMER is one of the leading Medical Institue which was established in 1823 almost 200 years ago conducts a national level entrance exam for aspiring students to qualify and get admission in the institute. For this year, JIPMER 2021 has been replaced by NEET 2021. Highlights for NEET 2021 are given in the following table.
|Exam Name||JIPMER MBBS|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||National Test Agency|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper based|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0413-2298283|
|Email Support||[email protected]|
JIPMER offers several courses varying from certificate courses to undergraduate programmes to Ph. D. JIPMER and AIIMS doesn't come under NEET boundary, So they are conducting their own entrance exam for medical students in India. The various courses offered are given in the following table.
|B.Sc Allied Medical Sciences|
|Postgraduate||Doctorate of Medicine MD|
|Master of Surgery MS|
|M.Sc Allied Medical Sciences|
|Master of Public Health MPH|
|Super Speciality||Doctor of Medicine DM|
|Master of Chirurgie M.Ch|
|Fellowship Courses||Post Doctoral|
|PhD||Doctor of Philosophy PhD|
|Diploma||Post Basic Diploma in Nursing|
|Certificate||Emergency Medical Technician Certificate Course (EMTC)|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Dates
JIPMER 2021 has been replaced with NEET 2021. The conducting body releases the exam schedule on the official website. Candidates should make a note of the NEET 2021 exam dates so that they won't miss out on any of the important events associated with the exam.
- Registration: Students who are wishing to study at JIPMER should first complete registration.
- Admit Card: Admit card for the exam was available on the official website.
- Examination: The exam dates are yet to be announced
- Results: Results are yet to be announced. Candidates can check the results by visiting the official website and entering their credentials.
- Counselling: Counselling process date is yet to be announced.
|Application start date||Jan 2021|
|Application end date||Jan 2021|
|Admit card release date||April 2021|
|Exam Date||May 2021|
|Result date||To be announced|
|Counselling date||To be announced|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for candidates to carefully go through the pre-defined Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER MBBS 2021, to avoid mistakes during the application process. JIPMER has set some criteria for taking the exam. Make sure that you clear the JIPMER MBBS eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
- Candidate must have passed Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than core course for English as prescribed by National Council of Educational Research and Training.
- Candidates who have applied for JIPMER MBBS 2021 should have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English individually. And candidate should take a minimum of 60% marks are taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology.
- For OPH candidates in general category minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
- Candidates from backward classes such as SC/ST must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English with at least 40% marks taken together in all the subjects.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian National/ Overseas Citizen of India.
Age Limit: He/ She must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete the age on or before December 31, 2021, year of his/her admission to 1st-year MBBS, i.e. they should have been born on or before January 1, 2003.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to carefully go through the mentioned Syllabus for JIPMER MBBS. The exam will be based on topics and subjects from State Board Hr. Sec and for 11th and 12th CBSE Board.
Subjects: JIPMER MBBS 2021 syllabus includes 5 subjects, which are Physics:
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Solid State
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Ketone and Carboxylic Acids
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Cell Structure and Function
- Ecology and Environment
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Biology and Human Welfare
English Language and Comprehension:
- Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making
- Writing Skills
- Literature and Long Reading Text
Logical and Quantitative Reasoning:
- Substitutions, Blood Relations
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Figure Completion Test
- Coding and Decoding
- Number and Alphabetical Series.
Out of these 5 subjects, the exam will concentrate on testing students knowledge in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Mock Test: Candidates are advised to go through Mock Test for Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for the preparation and to know in depth about syllabus and pattern. Link for the mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER Entrance Examination.
JIPMER MBBS Preparation
Preparing for any entrance exam can be a gigantic burden, but it depends upon the way you are viewing it and how you are approaching it. If you have enough determination and focus, any exam or task will be easier to crack. So the first thing you should be doing is setting up a goal and follow the steps to crack the JIPMER exam. When I mean setting up your goal it means that you should go all out and be ready to face all of the difficulties coming your way. You need to be persistent enough to not give up halfway through your effort. Now, if you have mastered the required determination to face the exam, you need to find the different ways to approach the exam that are suitable for you. Given below are some of the tips that you can follow.
Create a Preparation Timetable
Discipline and Structure are the primary things that are needed for any exam preparation. The only way you can achieve these two is by creating a proper timetable that you can follow for the whole of the preparation period. The important thing to remember while creating a good preparation schedule is that it must contain an abundant time for all of the topics in the syllabus along with time for solving various sample test papers. Also, make sure to give enough and meaningful breaks in between study sessions. These will help you to refresh and reinvigorate your interest in preparation. During these study sessions, try to avoid as many outside distractions and concentrate solely on the preparation for the exam.
The main problem that candidates face while writing the JIPMER exam is the insufficiency of time to go through the whole paper. This is because of improper time management. In JIPMER you need to answer 200 questions in 2 hours 30 minutes from various sections. So, during the stages of preparation, try to find out which sections are easier for you to answer and also, which sections take more time for you to solve. This way you could answer the easier sections at the beginning and transfer the extra time onto the tougher sections. Make sure that when you are answering the sections accurate enough so that you wouldn't be looking back at them in doubt, which will only be more time-consuming. This speed and accuracy can only be developed with the help of extensive practising of JIPMER questions from various sources.
Evaluate and Improve Yourself
During the process of preparation, self-evaluating is a very crucial process for strengthening your knowledge. This is the only way you could know how much you have prepared for the exam and how much is still there to be prepared. Find as many practice questions, sample papers and mock tests as you can and start incorporating them in your preparation timetable. Then start testing yourself periodically. This way according to your result, you can change your preparation schedule to improve the areas you are struggling with.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for JIPMER medical entrance exam 2021 is designed and approved by the organizing authoritites. JIPMER MBBS 2021 has been replaced with NEET 2021, and will be conducted through Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Question Type: JIPMER MBBS 2021 exam pattern consists of Multiple Choice Question's (MCQ's).
- Sections: There will be a total of 5 sections which includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Comprehension, and Logical and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 150 minutes which is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Marks: Even though there are 5 sections, JIPMER concentrates more on Physics, Chemistry, and biology at 60 marks for each section and has English Language and Comprehension, and Quantitative Reasoning to check their English proficiency and aptitude with Each section having 10 marks.
- Medium: Medium of instruction throughout the admission process beginning from the application form to confirming seat will be English.
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
The Exam Pattern for NEET 2021 is mentioned below:
|Mode of the Exam||Offline|
|Type of the Exam||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||180|
|Marking Scheme||4 mark for every correct answer
-1 mark for every incorrect answer
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Application Form
JIPMER MBBS 2021 has been replaced with NEET 2021.
Candidates who are trying to apply for the exam can do so in the official web portal. Make sure to apply before the end of the deadline.
Candidates, in order to apply for JIPMER MBBS 2021, must visit https://ntaneet.nic.in
- Registration Date: JIPMER MBBS 2021 Application Form will be made available on the official website i.e. jipmer.puducherry.gov.in.
- Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay Registration Fee through online mode of Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
|General||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges|
|OBC||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges|
|SC/ ST||INR 1200 + Transaction Charges|
|NRI/ OCI||INR 3000 + Transaction Charges|
|PH & OPH||Exempted from Registration Fee|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Centres
Examination centres are tentatively proposed in 120 cities all over India. Candidates need to select the cities which are closest to them to avoid any inconveniences on the day of the exam.
- Choice: The applicant can opt only for three exam cities as JIPMER MBBS 2021 exam centre.
- Registration: Allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during online registration on first cum first serve basis.
- Change of Centre: NO request for change of centre would be considered under any circumstances. If seats for JIPMER Entrance Examination are unavailable in the chosen 3 exam cities, nearby exam cities will be considered for venues.
- Cancellation of Exam Centre: In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted with the due intimation in website/ text message.
|State/Union Territory||Exam City|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Chattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar, Kurukshetra, Sonipat, Yamunanagar|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga|
|Kerala||Cochin, Kannur, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Salem, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruvannamalai|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Meerut, Noida, Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Moradabad, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bishnupur, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
Note: JIPMER Entrance Examination City preference is only indicative and subject to change, Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains final decision on the same and its allotment.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Admit Card
JIPMER MBBS 2021 has been replaced by NEET 2021. The admit card for NEET 2021 was made available on the official website www.ntaneet.nic.in.
Details in Admit Card: JIPMER MBBS 2021 admit card will contain following details which are listed below:
- Name and Date of Dirth as typed by the candidate in the application
- Photo and Signature image as uploaded by the candidate during the registration.
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
Documents: Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for JIPMER Entrance Examination unless he/she produces the hall ticket from JIPMER website at exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Results
The results for JIPMER MBBS 2021 has been replaced with NEET 2021 results. The result declaration date is yet to be announced by the official authorities.
- Merit List: Merit Ranking would be based on percentile score after Normalization if two shifts held. Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in Entrance Examination will NOT be considered for admission and their names will NOT be included in Merit List.
- Normalization: Normalization is a process for ensuring that students are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged by the difficulty of questions. First, Percentile Score for each candidate (Shift Wise) will be calculated.
- Resolving Ties: In case of a tie (identical Total Percentile) order of deciding higher rank/ merit would be in the following order:
- Less Negative Marks
- Higher Percentile in Biology
- Higher Percentile in Chemistry
- Higher Percentile in Physics
- Higher Percentile in English Language and Comprehension
- Higher Percentile in Logical and Quantitative Reasoning
- Elder by age.
How to Download the JIPMER MBBS Results?
Follow the steps given below to download the JIPMER MBBS 2021 Results from the official web portal:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of JIPMER www.jipmer.edu.in
- Step 2: Open link “EXAMINATION”
- Step 3: Go to JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
- Step 4: Click Download Result
- Step 5: Enter your JIPMER Login credentials namely User ID and Password
- Step 6: Download and save it for future reference.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the JIPMER Entrance Examination 2021 will be called for the counselling process. The dates are yet to be announced.
- Counselling Rounds: JIPMER MBBS 2021 counselling will happen in 5 stages: Registration, Biometric Finger Print verification, Photo Verification, Certificate Verification, Counselling.
- Certificates needed during Counselling:
- Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe,
a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority –
a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure (Given with Prospectus)
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In the case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size color photographs that were taken recently.
- Non-Resident Indian
Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
Note: Candidate called for counselling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in Call Letter.
Instructions for JIPMER MBBS 2021
Some Important Instructions regarding the JIPMER Exam are given below:
- Morning Shift: Candidates are required to report at the exam venue by 08.00 AM. Entry to exam centre closes at 09:15 AM. Entry will NOT be permitted beyond 09:15 AM under any circumstance. This is to facilitate completing all formalities including biometrics and photo capture. The exam starts at 10:00 AM. The candidate will NOT be permitted to leave the exam hall before 12:30 PM (i.e. time of close of examination.
- Afternoon: Candidates should report at JIPMER entrance exam 2021 venue by 01.00 PM. Entry to exam centre closes at 02:15 PM. Entry will NOT be permitted beyond 02:15 PM under any circumstance. This is to facilitate completing all formalities including biometrics and photo capture. The exam starts at 03:00 PM. The candidate will NOT be permitted to leave the exam hall before 05:30 PM (i.e. time of close of examination)
- Candidates are requested to be available in their allotted exam centres 2 hours before commencement of the exam to avoid unnecessary tussle in the last minute. They also advised visiting the exam venue one day before the examination.
- Candidates should carry ONLY Hall Ticket along with Valid Identity proof (in original) and photocopy (Xerox) of same ID proof inside the hall. The candidate will NOT be allowed to take the examination without valid Hall Ticket & Valid ID Proof. (Valid ID Proof: Aadhar/ E-Aadhar with validated digital signature / Passport) ID Proof other than mentioned above will NOT be permitted /accepted under any circumstances except to candidates from the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir the following Identity
- Proof (ID Proof) will be considered in addition to ID proof mentioned above due to the non-implementation of the Aadhar scheme.
- Bank Passbook with a photograph
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Any other valid Government identity Proof with a photograph
- The candidate is solely responsible to get the signature and seal of centre Representative/Invigilator on their Hall ticket. Failure to do so is liable for disqualification. Before leaving the hall, a photocopy of ID proof should be handed over to Invigilator.
- Biometric authentication through the digital device and hard copy of the signature and fingerprint in the attendance sheet will be taken. Cooperation of candidates is solicited.
- The candidate will NOT be permitted to take any other papers except hall ticket and valid Identity proof and photocopy of the same ID proof.
- Cellular phones, calculators, watch, alarm clocks, digital watches with built-in-calculators/ memory, earphones and other electronic gadgets etc. will not be permitted. (Arrangements will NOT be made by the duty staff for safekeeping and returning the above gadgets if brought).Candidates are solely responsible for the safekeeping of their belongings.
- In case any candidate is caught or found to use any unfair means he/ she shall be liable for summary disqualification.
- The use of unfair means/ impersonation will lead to summarily cancellation of selection/ admission.
- JIPMER reserves the right to reschedule date/ time of examination, depending upon local conditions.
- Candidates taking JIPMER Entrance Examination 2021 will be subjected to thorough frisking before being allowed into the hall.
- Biometric fingerprint and image capture will be done for every candidate on the day of Examination inside exam hall by authorized personnel.
- Candidate must show, on-demand, hall ticket for admission in the examination hall. A candidate who does not produce hall ticket issued by JIPMER. He/She will not be admitted to Examination Hall under any circumstances, by Centre Superintendent.
- During the examination, the invigilator will check the hall ticket of candidates to satisfy himself/herself about the identity of each candidate.
- Candidates are advised to check the seating plan and identify the room/ lab allotted as per their Hall Ticket number, which will be displayed outside the halls.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the exam hall until the JIPMER exam is over except for acute health-related issues.
- Smoking in the Examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks, or food & snacks are NOT allowed in the Examination Halls.
- The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in Hall Ticket and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
- Candidate must sign in the Attendance Sheet at an appropriate place and affix the Left Index Finger impression against an appropriate column of the attendance sheet. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to the annulling of his candidature without any prior intimation.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of examination for any reason, re-examination shall NOT be conducted by JIPMER under any circumstances.
- This Hall Ticket is issued subject to a condition that if ineligibility is detected at any stage, the candidature will be canceled.
- Once inside Examination Centre/ Premises, all candidates will be under surveillance & their activities will be monitored. Hence, candidates are advised NOT to indulge in any unlawful activities which will invite disqualification & legal actions.
In case there are any discrepancies at any stage of the exam make sure to contact the conducting officials. The contact information for the exam authorities is given below:
Address: Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu, Jipmer Campus, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu- 605006.
Email: [email protected]
What is the JIPMER Exam?
JIPMER stands for The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. The institute conducts its entrance exam under the name JIPMER for admission of students into numerous courses that include diploma, graduate, postgraduate fellowship, certificate courses and super-speciality courses.
When will JIPMER Exam 2021 be held?
The JIPMER Exam 2021 Exam dates will be announced shortly.
What is the JIPMER Exam Pattern?
The JIPMER Exam 2021 question paper will contain a total of 200 questions split into 5 sections. Duration of the exam will go on until 2 hours 30 mins and the medium is English. The sections and their corresponding number of questions are mentioned below: Section 1: Physics - 60 Questions Section 2: Chemistry - 60 Questions Section 3: Biology - 60 Questions Section 4: English Language and Comprehension - 10 Questions Section 5: Logical and Quantitative Reasoning - 10 Questions All questions have a multiple choice of answers with +4 marks for every right answer and -1 marks for every wrong answer.
How are the JIPMER Exam Centres allotted to candidates?
While filling the JIPMER 2021 Application Form, the candidate gets to choose 3 cities from a list of 120 centres across India provided by the institution\'s examination authority. These names of these 3 cities are to be entered in the order of preference of the candidate and cannot be changed after the form has been submitted. The centres are then allotted based on availability and also on a first come first-served basis.
Does the JIPMER MBBS course involve an internship?
Yes, the JIPMER MBBS course has a Compulsory Rotatory Internship at the end of a 4.5 years course.
Is there a limit on the number of attempts that can be made to JIPMER Exam?
No. A candidate can take up the JIPMER Exam any number of times.
When will the JIPMER Exam 2021 Results be announced?
The result dates of JIPMER Exam 2021 will be announced in the official notification.
How many seats are there in JIPMER MBBS?
There are a total of 200 seats for MBBS in JIPMER. 150 seats at the Pondicherry campus and 50 seats at the Karaikal campus.