The National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India conducts the FMGE Exam twice a year. The exam is a qualifying licensure exam for Indian Students with medical degrees from universities abroad. These are specifically for overseas universities not recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Jul 9, 2021: The pass certificates for FMGE 2021 will be made available from Jul 22 to Aug 13. Candidates are required to visit the NBE office in person to collect the FMGE pass certificate. Download the entry slip by visiting FMGE Result.
- Jun 30, 2021: National Board of Examinations (NBE) has declared the results for FMGE June 2021 exam on its official website.
- April 16, 2021: The application forms for FMGE 2021 are released today. Interested candidates must apply for the exam on or before May 6, 2021.
- What is the FMGE Exam?
- FMGE 2021 Exam Date
- FMGE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- FMGE 2021 Registration and Application
- FMGE 2021 Exam Pattern
- FMGE 2021 Admit Card
- FMGE 2021 Syllabus
- FMGE 2021 Result
- FMGE 2021 Exam Centres
- FMGE Selection Process 2021
What is the FMGE Exam?
The full form of FMGE is Foreign Medical Graduates Exam. It is a computer-based online exam conducted to maintain a certain standard among medical students and enable Overseas Indian students to practice in India. If candidates possess a primary medical qualification from a recognized medical college abroad and wish to pursue a medical career in India, then they must attempt this exam to be affiliated provisionally or permanently with the State Medical Council or Medical Council of India. NBE conducts the FMGE Exam bi-annually.
|Exam Name||Foreign Medical Graduate Exam|
|Conducting Authority||National Board of Examination|
|Mode of the Exam||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Frequency of the Exam||Twice a year|
|Number of Attempts||3|
|Duration||300 minutes ( 150 per part/ shift)|
FMGE 2021 Exam Date
The NBE FMGE takes place every June and December. The application process for the exam will begin tentatively from Apr 16, 2021 and end on May 6, 2021, with the exam being conducted tentatively on Jun 18, 2021. The results will be generally declared a month post the exam.
|Application Begins||Apr 16, 2021|
|Application Ends||May 6, 2021|
|Admit Card Date||Jun 11, 2021|
|Date of Exam||Jun 18, 2021|
|Result Declaration||Jun 30, 2021|
|Availability of Pass Certificate||Jul 22, 2021 - Aug 13, 2021|
FMGE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to appear for the FMGE Exam, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- The candidate must be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or a bonafide citizen of India.
- A primary medical degree that is confirmed by the concerned Indian Embassy is required. Qualifications must be recognized by the country where the institute is situated.
- Documents supporting educational claims must be submitted. Failing to submit the documents will result in the candidates being deemed ineligible.
- Students who have completed primary medical qualifications from Australia, USA, New Zealand, UK, or Canada need not have to appear for the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination) as universities of these countries are recognized by the MCI.
FMGE 2021 Registration and Application
The FMGE 2021 Registration Process is one of the major events associated with the exam. Candidates have to register themselves by filling in the application form, providing necessary personal and educational details about themselves. FMGE 2021 registration links will be available on the website www.natboard.edu.in. Candidates can check out the procedure to apply for the exam, as mentioned below.
Steps to download the FMGE Application Form 2021:
- On the official website of the exam, Select “FMGE”
- Click on “New Registration” and enter the following details
- Candidate’s name (Has to be entered twice)
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Gender (Male/Female/Transgender)
- Nationality (Indian/ Others)
- Mobile number
- Alternate mobile number
- Email Id (Has to be entered twice)
- Enter Captcha and Submit
- A User ID and password will be sent to the registered email ID
- Login again and head to the application form
- Fill the FMGE Application Form as required by uploading relevant documents
- Personal details
- Father’s Name and Mother’s Name
- Identification Details
- Communication Address
- Qualification Details
- Enter the 10+2/equivalent exam
- BDS/Primary Dental Qualification detail
- Test Center Details
- Pay the application fee through NetBanking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Save and print the FMGE Application Form.
FMGE 2021 Application Fee
A non-refundable amount of INR 5500 must be paid during the time of application to appear for the exam. The FMGE 2021 Application Fee is the same across all categories.
FMGE 2021 Exam Pattern
The FMGE exam is conducted in an online mode at the chosen centre. It is a 5-hour long paper divided into PART A and B. Given below are the details of the FMGE 2021 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Total Number of Questions||300 (Answered in Part A and Part B)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|Duration of Exam||5 Hours (2.5 Hours per paper)|
|Marks per question||1|
The FMGE exam requires a minimum of 150 out of 300 to qualify, i.e. 50%. However, the exam pass percentage is extremely low, ranging from 10 to 15% every year.
FMGE 2021 Admit Card
The FMGE 2021 Admit Card will be available 7-10 days before the exam. It must be downloaded and carried to the chosen exam centre.
How to download FMGE 2021 Admit Card?
- Click on the FMGE 2021 Admit Card June/December session on the official website when it is released
- Using registered login credentials, login and access the admit card
- Cross-check the details on the admit card to spot any errors
- After that, download the admit card and take a printout of it to carry it to the exam centre on the day of the exam
- Affix passport-size photographs on the admit card as and where mentioned
Note: Candidates should bring their FMGE 2021 Admit Card mandatorily to the exam, without which they will not be permitted to enter the exam hall.
FMGE 2021 Syllabus
The FMGE 2021 Syllabus comprises Pre and Para Clinical subjects, Medicine and Allied subjects, and General Surgery and Allied subjects. They are discussed below for the reference of the candidates.
Pre and Para Clinical Subjects
The syllabus for Pre and Para Clinical subjects are:
- Forensic Science
Medicine and Allied subjects
The syllabus for Medicine and Allied subjects are:
- Dermatology and STD
General Surgery and Allied subjects
The syllabus for General Surgery and Allied subjects are:
- Radio Diagnosis
- General surgery
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
FMGE 2021 Result
FMGE Result 2021 has been declared on Jun 30, 2021 on the official website of the National Board of Education. The scorecards can be downloaded from the website. The pass certificates for the exam will be made available from Jul 22 to Aug 13, 2021.
How to view FMGE 2021 Results?
The procedure to download the FMGE Result is mentioned below:
- Applicants can click on the link provided above to download the FMGE Result 2021 (link will be updated when the result is released).
- The screen will be redirected with the result of FMGE 2021 in PDF format. The result displayed on-screen includes the candidate’s roll no., marks (out of 300), qualifying status (pass/fail).
Note: Candidates whose relevant documents are not submitted within the designated dates and timings will have their results withheld with the authorities.
The qualifying candidates will be provided with the Passing Certificate after the FMGE 2021 Results have been declared. These certificates will be issued only in the NBE office, and the candidates are required to visit the office in person to collect the same. The certificates will not be sent via post or any other means. Candidates will then have to present their passing certificates at the MCI, upon which they will receive their registration certificates, allowing them to practise legally in India.
FMGE 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates are allotted exam centres based on their preferences and availability. Given below is the list of cities hosting exam centres for FMGE 2021:
FMGE Selection Process 2021
The qualifying candidates should remember that the FMGE Exam will not guarantee admissions into any institution in India, but is a licensing exam that allows candidates to register themselves as a legal, medical practitioner in India.
Once the FMGE 2021 Results have been published, candidates who have qualified the exam will be provided with their passing certificates and will be given their registration certificates later on.
What is the pass percentage for FMGE Exam?
The FMGE Pass Percentage has been extremely low, ranging from about 10-15% every year. It is a difficult exam, as are all medicine-related exams.
I obtained my undergraduate medical degree from the USA. Do I need to write FMGE Exam in order to practice?
No. You need not write the FMGE Exam as the Medical Council of India recognizes primary medical qualifications from Australia, USA, New Zealand, UK, and Canada.
What is the FMGE Exam pattern?
It is a two-part paper that is totally 5 hours long. There are a total of 300 questions that carry 1 mark each. 150 marks is the minimum qualifying mark.
I have an SC/ST certificate, am I eligible for a concession in the FMGE Application Fee?
No. A non-refundable amount of INR 5500 has to be paid by all candidates as application fee. There is no reservation in this aspect.
When will FMGE 2020 be held?
Owing to the Covid-19 pandemic situation, the dates for the June and December session of 2020 have been deferred. On receiving relevant information, the dates will be updated on the site in the Important Dates section. Keep visiting this page for the latest news relating to FMGE 2020 Exam Dates.