FMGE 2022 Dec session is scheduled to be conducted on Jan 20, 2023. FMGE 2022 results for the Dec session will be released on Feb 10, 2023, on the official website. Candidates can find the detailed FMGE exam schedule in the article below.
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India conducts the FMGE exam twice a year. The exam is a qualifying licensure exam for Indian students with medical degrees from universities abroad. These are specifically for overseas universities not recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
|FMGE Study Plan 2023||Last Minute Revision for FMGE 2023|
|FMGE Exam Centres 2022||FMGE Result 2022|
Latest Updates on FMGE
- Jan 20, 2023: FMGE 2022 Dec session exam will be conducted on Jan 20, 2023. Read More
Table of Contents
- FMGE 2022 Exam Date
- About FMGE Exam
- FMGE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- FMGE 2022 Application Form
- FMGE 2022 Admit Card
- FMGE 2022 Exam Centres
- FMGE 2022 Exam Pattern
- FMGE 2022 Syllabus
- FMGE 2022 Mock Test
- FMGE 2022 Result
- FMGE Selection Process 2022
- FMGE Contact Details
FMGE 2022 Exam Date
The NBE FMGE takes place every June and December. The results will be generally declared a month post the exam. Candidates can refer to the table below detailed exam schedule.
|Event||Dates (Jun 2022)||Dates (Dec 2022)|
|Application Begins||Mar 15, 2022 (From 3:00 PM)||Sep 9, 2022|
|Application Ends||Apr 4, 2022 (Till 11:55 PM)||Sep 29, 2022|
|Application Edit Window||May 3, 2022 - May 6, 2022||Oct 5 - Oct 10, 2022|
|Admit Card Date||May 27, 2022||Jan 13, 2023|
|Date of Exam||Jun 4, 2022||Jan 20, 2023|
|Result Declaration||Jun 30, 2022||Feb 10, 2023|
|Availability of Pass Certificate||Jul 25 - Aug 5, 2022||Feb 2023|
About FMGE Exam
The full form of FMGE is Foreign Medical Graduates Exam. It is a computer-based online exam conducted to maintain a certain standard among medical students and enable Overseas Indian students to practice in India. If candidates possess a primary medical qualification from a recognized medical college abroad and wish to pursue a medical career in India, then they must attempt this exam to be affiliated provisionally or permanently with the State Medical Council or Medical Council of India. NBE conducts the FMGE Exam bi-annually.
|Exam Name||Foreign Medical Graduate Exam|
|Conducting Authority||National Board of Examination|
|Mode of the Exam||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Frequency of the Exam||Twice a year|
|Number of Attempts||3|
|Duration||300 minutes ( 150 per part/ shift)|
FMGE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The National Medical Commission (NMC) has announced an online application period for FMGE Dec 2022 eligibility certificates (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination). To be eligible to appear for the FMGE Exam, the following criteria must be fulfilled.
- The Delhi High Court has said that as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, a foreign qualified MBBS doctor must have a minimum of 50% marks in Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in the intermediate exam to sit in the screening test and get registered in India.
- The candidate must be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or a bonafide citizen of India.
- A primary medical degree that is confirmed by the concerned Indian Embassy is required. Qualifications must be recognized by the country where the institute is situated.
- Documents supporting educational claims must be submitted. Failing to submit the documents will result in the candidates being deemed ineligible.
- Students who have completed primary medical qualifications from Australia, USA, New Zealand, UK, or Canada need not have to appear for the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination) as universities of these countries are recognized by the MCI.
|How to Clear FMGE in One Month?||How to Become a Doctor in India?|
FMGE 2022 Application Form
NBE will provide the FMGE application form 2022 final correction window to edit the scanned images uploaded by the applicants was closed on Nov 30, 2022. In addition, the final image correction window commenced on Jan 3, 2023, and was closed on Jan 8, 2023. NBE will not provide any further facilities to edit or make corrections to FMGE 2022 application form.
FMGE Application Form 2022 correction window was open from Nov 1 - Nov 6, 2022. Candidates were able to use this facility to make corrections to the details entered in the application form. The details such as the candidate's name, exam centre, nationality, email ID and mobile number cannot be edited.
FMGE 2022 application form for the Dec session was released on Sep 9, 2022, and the last date to apply for the exam was Sep 29, 2022. The registration process is one of the significant events associated with the exam.
The aspirants were allowed to register for the June session exam from Mar 15, 2022, to Apr 4, 2022. FMGE 2022 June session final application edit window was open from May 3 - May 6, 2022. Candidates had to register themselves by filling in the application form and providing necessary personal and educational details. FMGE 2022 registration links will be available on the website.
Steps to Download FMGE Application Form 2022
Candidates can check out the procedure to apply for the exam mentioned below.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of the exam, and select the 'FMGE' option.
- Step 2: Click on 'New Registration' and enter the required details.
- Step 3: Enter the Captcha and click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 4: A user ID and password will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Step 5: Login again and head to the application form.
- Step 6: Fill out the FMGE application form as required by uploading relevant documents.
- Step 7: Pay the application fee through net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Step 8: Save and print the FMGE application form.
Details Required to Fill FMGE 2022 Application Form
The details the applicants must enter in the FMGE application form are listed below.
- Candidate’s Name (Has to be Entered Twice)
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Gender (Male/ Female/ Transgender)
- Nationality (Indian/ Others)
- Mobile Number
- Alternate Mobile Number
- Email ID (Has to be Entered Twice).
FMGE 2022 Application Fee
The applicants must pay a non-refundable amount of INR 5500 during application to appear for the exam. The FMGE 2022 Application Fee is the same across all categories.
Documents Required for FMGE 2022 Application Form
The candidates must have the following documents when completing the application process for FMGE 2022.
- Personal Details
- Father’s Name and Mother’s Name
- Identification Details
- Communication Address
- Qualification Details
- Enter the 10+2/ Equivalent Exam Details
- BDS/ Primary Dental Qualification detail
- Test Centre Details.
FMGE 2022 Admit Card
FMGE 2022 admit card for the Dec session was issued on Jan 13, 2023, on the official website. Dec session exam is scheduled to be conducted on Jan 20, 2023. FMGE 2022 June session admit cards were released on May 27, 2022. Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam centre, without which the candidate will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
How to Download FMGE 2022 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to successfully download FMGE 2022 admit card.
- Step 1: Candidates must click on the FMGE 2022 Admit Card June/December session on the official website when it is released.
- Step 2: Using registered login credentials, login and access the admit card.
- Step 3: Cross-check the details on the admit card to spot any errors.
- Step 4: After that, download the admit card and take a printout of it to carry it to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- Step 5: Affix passport-size photographs on the admit card as and where mentioned.
Note: Candidates should bring their FMGE 2022 Admit Card mandatorily to the exam, without which they will not be permitted to enter the exam hall.
FMGE 2022 Exam Centres
Candidates are allotted exam centres based on their preferences and availability. Given below is the list of cities hosting FMGE Exam Centres:
|FMGE 2022 Exam Centres|
FMGE 2022 Exam Pattern
The FMGE exam is conducted in an online mode at the chosen centre. It is a 5-hour long paper divided into PART A and B. Given below are the details of the FMGE Exam Pattern 2022:
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Total Number of Questions||300 (Answered in Part A and Part B)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|Duration of Exam||5 Hours (2.5 Hours per paper)|
|Marks per Question||1|
The FMGE exam requires a minimum of 150 out of 300 to qualify, i.e. 50%. However, the exam pass percentage is extremely low, ranging from 10 to 15% every year.
FMGE 2022 Syllabus
FMGE Syllabus 2022 comprises Pre and Para Clinical subjects, Medicine and Allied subjects, and General Surgery and Allied subjects. They are discussed below for the reference of the candidates.
Pre and Para Clinical Subjects
The syllabus for Pre and Para Clinical subjects are:
- Forensic Science
Medicine and Allied subjects
The syllabus for Medicine and Allied subjects are:
- Dermatology and STD
General Surgery and Allied subjects
The syllabus for General Surgery and Allied subjects are:
- Radio Diagnosis
- General surgery
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
FMGE 2022 Mock test
FMGE 2022 mock test link was released on Jan 10, 2023, on the official website. Registered candidates can access the mock test link by logging in the online portal using the registered credentials. Candidates are advised to take mock test before the examination to get awareness about the exam pattern, timing and complexity of the examination. Candidates can also find free mock test and sample papers for their exam preparation.
Steps to Access FMGE Mock Test 2022
Candidaest can follow the steps mentioned below to access the FMGE mock test 2022.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of NBE at natboard.edu.in
- Step 2: They must now click on the FMGE demo test 2022 on the homepage.
- Step 3: Candidates will have enter their log in credentials
- Step 4: The page will be redirected and the demo test page will appear.
- Step 5: Candidates can now click "Start" and take the FMGE 2022 mock test.
FMGE 2022 Result
FMGE 2022 results for the Dec session will be issued on Feb 10, 2023, on the official website. The exam will be held on Jan 20, 2023. Shortlisted candidates must visit the NBE office with the necessary original documents and entry slips to receive their pass certificate. The official date for the release of the pass certificate will be announced soon.
Steps to Check FMGE 2022 Result
Candidates can check their FMGE 2022 result by following the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1: Candidates must go to the official website of NBE.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Result of FMGE (Screening Test), Dec 2022 Session' link under the Public Notice section.
- Step 3: Click on the link to view results, on the notice.
- Step 4: On the PDF file, press 'Ctrl+F' and enter the roll number to check the overall marks and qualifying status.
- Step 5: Candidates can download and save the PDF file for future reference.
Read More: FMGE Result 2022
FMGE Selection Process 2022
The qualifying candidates should remember that the FMGE Exam will not guarantee admissions into any institution in India, but is a licensing exam that allows candidates to register themselves as a legal, medical practitioner in India.
Once the FMGE 2022 Results have been published, candidates who have qualified for the exam will be provided with their passing certificates and will be given their registration certificates later on.
FMGE Contact Details
In case of any questions or queries, candidates can reach out to the concerned authorities through the following contact details.
NBE (National Board of Examinations)
Sector 9, Dwaraka,
New Delhi- 110075.
Email: [email protected]
Contact Number: 011-45593000
What is the pass percentage for FMGE Exam?
The FMGE Pass Percentage has been extremely low, ranging from about 10-15% every year. It is a difficult exam, as are all medicine-related exams.
I obtained my undergraduate medical degree from the USA. Do I need to write FMGE Exam in order to practice?
No. Candidates need not write the FMGE Exam as the Medical Council of India recognizes primary medical qualifications from Australia, USA, New Zealand, UK, and Canada.
What is the FMGE Exam pattern?
It is a two-part paper that is totally 5 hours long. There are a total of 300 questions that carry 1 mark each. 150 marks is the minimum qualifying mark.
I have an SC/ST certificate, am I eligible for a concession in the FMGE Application Fee?
No. A non-refundable amount of INR 5500 has to be paid by all candidates as application fee. There is no reservation in this aspect.
When can I take FMGE mock test 2022?
FMGE 2022 mock test link will be activated on Jan 10, 2023, on the official website of NBE.