KCET 2023 counselling second round extended schedule has been announced. According to the schedule, the seat allotment result for the second extended round has been declared on Sep 27, 2023. Candidates can access their allotment list on the official website at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea, using their CET number.
Shortlisted candidates can download the KCET counselling 2023 admission order and pay the fee by Oct 3, 2023. The reporting window will be open till Oct 3, 2023 (5:30 PM).
Latest Updates on KCET
- Sep 29, 2023: KCET cut off 2023 for second extended round has been declared on Sep 28, 2023.
- Sep 28, 2023: KCET counselling 2023 seat allotment result for the second extended round has been released on Sep 27, 2023.
Candidates who clear the entrance exam will be eligible for KCET counselling 2023 registration and direct admission.
Table of Content
- Steps to Register for KCET 2023 Counselling
- KCET 2023 Draft Seat Matrix
- KCET Counselling 2023 Dates
- KCET 2023 Schedule for Document Verification
- KCET 2023 Document Submission Schedule for Special Categories
- Documents Required for KCET Counselling 2023
- KCET 2023 Participating Institutes
- KCET 2023 Counselling Option Entry
Steps to Register for KCET 2023 Counselling
KCET counselling procedure 2023 is being held both in online and offline mode. KCET counselling 2023 process consists of the following steps.
- KCET Document Verification and Registration
- Choice Filling and Locking
- KCET Seat Allotment
- Reporting to the respective institutes
Step 1: Document Verification and Registration
- Candidates must upload all required documents on the official website within the KCET counselling last date.
- The authorities will verify all the documents online for their originality.
- After the successful verification, candidates will get an acknowledgement slip, a unique ID and a password to complete the registration process.
Step 2: Choice Filling and Locking
- Candidates must log in to the official website using the credentials provided during KCET registration 2023.
- Candidates must fill in the desired course and college choice from the list in the drop-down menu.
- The choice has to be filled in the order of preference.
- Candidates must refer to the cut-off trends before filling in the choices.
- Candidates can add/delete/modify the choice in each round of KCET counselling 2023.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- The choice-filling process was completed, and KEA extended second round seat allotment 2023 has been released on Sep 27, 2023.
- Candidates will be allotted seats based on the rank obtained in KCET 2023.
- Candidates can view the seat allotment letter by visiting the official website.
- 1st round results 2023 KCET will contain details such as the course and college allotted, reporting date and time, etc.
|KCET Extended 2nd Round Allotment 2023||Click Here|
|KCET 2nd Round Allotment 2023||Click Here|
|KCET 1st Round Seat Allotment 2023||Click Here|
Step 4: Reporting to the Allotted College
To complete the admission procedure, candidates must report to the allotted college on the specified date and time, along with all the necessary documents.
KCET 2023 Draft Seat Matrix
KCET 2023 final seat matrix was released as a PDF file on the official website on Aug 8, 2023. Candidates can check the seats available in the colleges participating in KCET 2023 counselling process. Based on the seat matrix, they can register and fill in their choices for the document verification process.
The conducting authority has released a draft seat matrix with the seats available in all the participating colleges. This seat matrix will help candidates to view the availability of seats in their desired college for the desired course and category. Deciding on the college will be easier when the cut-off for KCET 2023 is considered. During the choice filling, candidates must fill in the choices in the order of preference.
Candidates can view the detailed draft and final seat matrices of all the Engineering course below.
KCET Seat Matrix 2023
KEA released the second round of KCET 2023 provisional seat matrix was released on Sep 1, 2023. Check the table below for the seat matrix for all programs for different categories, and fill in the web options based on seat availability.
|Program||Seat Matrix PDF Link|
|KCET 2023 General: Engineering Seat Matrix||Download|
|KCET 2023 Hyd-Kar: Engineering Seat Matrix||Download|
|KCET 2023 General: Engineering Seat Matrix||Download|
|KCET 2023 Hyd-Kar: Engineering Seat Matrix||Download|
|KCET 2023 General: Architecture Seat Matrix||Download|
|KCET 2023 Hyd-Kar: Architecture Seat Matrix||Download|
KCET Counselling 2023 Dates
KEA has released KCET counselling 2023 schedule for round 2 on the official website. The table below lists all the events associated with KCET 2023 counselling.
|Verification of Documents||
Jun 27, 2023 - Jul 15, 2023
|Display of Seat Matrix||Aug 8, 2023|
|KCET Counselling Option Entry||Aug 6 - 9, 2023( Till 10AM)|
|KCET Mock Allotment||Aug 11, 2023|
|Edit Options Dates||Aug 11 - 14, 2023 (Till 11 AM)|
|First Round KCET Seat Allotment|
|KCET Seat Allotment 2023 Date||Aug 17, 2023 (At 6 PM)|
|Exercising the choice by Seat Allotted Candidates||Aug 18 - 20, 2023|
|Payment of Fee by Choice 1 and 2 Selected Candidates||Aug 19 - 22, 2023|
|Deposition of Original Documents||Aug 19 - 22, 2023|
|Downloading of Admission Order by Choice 1 candidates||Aug 19 - 22, 2023|
|Reporting to Allotted Colleges||Aug 24, 2023, up to 5:30 PM|
|Last Date to Report to the Colleges by Choice 1||Aug 25, 2023|
|KCET Round 2|
|Release of Seat Matrix||Sep 1, 2023|
|Second Round - Option Entry||Aug 30 - Sep 2, 2023|
|KCET Seat Allotment 2023- Round 2||Sep 8, 2023|
|Exercising Choices||Sep 8 - 11, 2023|
|Payment of Fees and Admission Order Download||Sep 8 - 13, 2023|
|Downloading Admission Order only by Choice 1||Sep 9 - 13, 2023|
|Last Date to Report to Colleges (Only for Choice 1 Candidate||Sep 14, 2023|
|KCET Round 2 - Extended|
|Enter Fresh Choice Modify/Delete||Sep 22, 2023 (Till 10 AM)|
|Date to Surrender Round 1 and 2 KCET Seats||Sep 21, 2023|
|KCET Extended Round 2 Seat Allotment||Sep 27, 2023|
|Downloading of Challan||Sep 28 - Oct 3, 2023 (Till AM)|
|Payment of Fees||Sep 28 - Oct 3, 2023 (Till 2 PM)|
|Admission Order Availability||Sep 28 - Oct 3, 2023 (4 PM)|
|Last Date to Report to College||Sep 28 - Oct 3, 2023 (Til 5:30 PM)|
KCET Counselling 2023 Rounds
- KCET 2023 counselling round 1 seat allotment result was released on Aug 17, 2023, and the last date to report at the allotted institute will be announced.
- Candidates who complete the document verification process can check and download the seat allotment results from the official website.
- KCET 2023 counselling round 1 web options entry link for Engineering, Architecture and other courses was activated.
KCET 2023 Mop-Up Round Schedule
KCET mock seat allotment result will be released. The following table contains the dates of the mop-up round for KCET 2023.
|Release of Seat Matrix||Oct 2023|
|Option Entry||Oct 2023|
|Seat Allotment 2023||Oct 2023|
|Fee Payment and Availability of Admission Order||Oct 2023|
KCET 2023 Schedule for Document Verification
S.Ramya, ED, KEA, stated in a press release on Friday that to claim eligibility clause "a," they must have studied and passed in one or more government or government-recognised educational institutions located in the state of Karnataka for a minimum of SEVEN academic years beginning from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th standard as on Jul 1, 2023, of the year in which the entrance test is held and must have appeared and passed either SSLC. For candidates who have taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, years of academic study are counted as one year only.
|KCET Document Verification Schedule 2023||Download|
KEA released KCET 2023 document verification schedule on the official website. The candidates must download their documents when the KEA announces the final dates. The candidates must upload their documents against their ranks. The candidates are advised to upload all the required documents and certificates on the date and time specified by the authorities for different rank ranges to avoid discrepancies. Check the table below for the schedule for KCET 2023 document verification process.
|Date||Rank Range||Time Slot|
|Jun 27, 2023 - Jul 5, 2023||1 to 20,000||11:15 AM to 1:15 PM|
|20,001 to 45,000||2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|45,001 to 60,000||4:15 PM to 6:15 PM|
|Jul 6, 2023 - Jul 15, 2023||60,001 to 90,000||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|90,001 to 125,000||11:15 AM to 1:15 PM|
|125,001 to Last Rank||2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
KCET 2023 Document Submission Schedule for Special Categories
KCET 2023 special category document submission commenced soon. KEA will release the category-wise schedule for the document submission for candidates applying for the exam through the special category reservation. Check the table below for KCET 2023 document submission schedule for special categories.
|Special Category||Document Submission Date|
|CAPF/CRPF/CISF/BSF/ITBP||May 25, 2023|
|Ex-Defence, Ex-CAPF||May 26, 2023|
|Defense||May 29, 2023|
|NCC||May 30, 2023|
|Sports/Anglo-Indian||May 31, 2023|
|Scouts & Guides||Jun 1, 2023|
KCET Document Submission for Special Categories Process
Candidates must submit a copy of the application form and the hall ticket of KCET along with the special category certificates. Aspirants who claim eligibility under NCC and Sports must submit a copy of the study certificates that the institute head should issue. Candidates must submit the original special category certificates with two copies for claiming benefits under various special categories. Also, candidates must take three copies of their hall tickets compulsorily.
Candidates must make sure to upload the documents on the specified date for each category, and failing to do so will result in removing such candidates from the reservation quota. Candidates must submit the documents at the office of KEA, Bangalore, from 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
The documents must be submitted to the office at the below address.
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560012.
Documents Required for KCET Counselling 2023
The list of documents required for KCET 2023 counselling process is mentioned below.
- SSLC/Class X Marks sheet.
- KCET 2023 Application Form acknowledgement copy.
- KCET 2023 Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- 2nd PUC/Class XII Marks sheet.
- Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI.
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Income Certificate to claim “Supernumerary Quota” seats.
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO for the candidates claiming Kannada Medium reservation benefits
- Rural Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO and a verification certificate (only for GM candidates)
- Caste Certificate/Caste Income Certificate/Income Certificate for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits. (Caste and Income Certificate in Form 'D' in case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and Form 'E' in case of Category-I and a Caste Income Certificate in Form 'F' for other backward classes like 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, issued by the jurisdictional Tahasildar)
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Reservation issued by the concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification
- Parent's study certificate / Parent's Hometown certificate / Parent's Domicile certificate / Parent's Employment certificate / Parent's Cumulative Record / Parent's Marks Card, etc., for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the domicile/study/employment of the parent
- Duly sworn in Affidavit of the candidate who claims eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses
- Identity card issued by the Jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner/District Magistrate/Rehabilitation Commissioner for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants quota
KCET 2023 Instructions for Document Uploading
The candidates must follow the instructions below while uploading their documents to avoid making mistakes.
- Documents must be uploaded in Pdf format, less than 1Mb in size.
- Candidates must create a single PDF file for more than one and more Pdf files.
- Scan the documents and name the files appropriately.
- Once all the documents have been uploaded, candidates print the acknowledgement slip for future reference.
KCET 2023 Participating Institutes
Several colleges participate in KCET counselling 2023 to offer admission to eligible candidates. These colleges have set up certain cut-off marks for the candidates above to which they will provide admission. The list of participating colleges is tabulated below.
|B.M.S College of Engineering||Bull Temple Road, Bangalore|
|P.E.S Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering||Mysore|
|R.N.S Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|National Institute of Engineering||Mysore|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology||Tumkur|
|J.S.S Academy of Technical Education||Bangalore|
|B.V.B College of Engineering & Technology||Hubli|
KCET 2023 Counselling Option Entry
KCET Option Entry for counselling will only provide candidates with verified documents. Also, candidates will be given an option for filling the choices for all the courses available, and there will be no limit to the courses and colleges that the candidates will choose for admission. Before proceeding with the option entry, candidates should check the previous year's closing ranks or the cut-off marks. Once these processes are completed, KEA will release KCET counselling results/mock allotment results for all the qualified candidates eligible for the Option Entry procedure.
KCET Previous Year Seat Matrix
Candidates can also check the KCET 2022 seat matrix in the given table below.
|Program||Seat Matrix PDF Link|
|Engineering Seat Matrix: General Quota||Download|
|Engineering Seat Matrix: Hyd-Kar Quota||Download|
|Architecture Seat Matrix: General Quota||Download|
|Architecture Seat Matrix: Hyd-Kar Quota||Download|
|Engineering & Architecture: Special Category||Download|
|B.Sc. (Ag) & B.V.Sc. Seat Matrix: General Quota||Download|
|B.Sc. (Ag) & B.V.Sc. Seat Matrix: Agriculturist Quota||Download|
|B.Sc. (Ag) & B.V.Sc. Seat Matrix: Special Category||Download|
|B.Pharma & Pharma-D Seat Matrix: General & Hyd-Kar Quota||Download|
|B.Pharma & Pharma-D Seat Matrix: Special Category||Download|
Candidates can find the detailed seat matrix for all the categories under the KCET 2021 examination board and assess their choices. Find the lists in the table below.
|General: Engineering Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Hyd-Kar: Engineering Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Special Category: Engineering and Architecture||Click Here|
KCET 2023 Cut Off
Karnataka Examination Authority will not release KCET cut-off marks this year. The candidates who have qualified for KCET 2023 exam will participate in the allotment process based on KCET 2023 counselling process.
Read More: KCET Cut Off 2023
|KCET Rank List 2020 PDF||KCET Rank List 2021 PDF|
|KCET Engineering cutoff 2021||KCET College Wise cutoff|
When is KCET extended second round seat allotment 2023 out?
KCET counselling 2023 extended round 2 seat allotment will be released on Sep 23, 2023, on the official website.
How many options are there in KCET Counselling 2023?
Candidates will receive all the college options that state institution offers for KCET 2023 counselling. Although candidates can choose any, candidates should only choose options they can receive based on the cutoff for past years.
What is choice 3 in counselling of KCET 2023?
KCET counselling third choice is for people who are dissatisfied with the seats they have been given and want to take part in additional rounds of seat distribution.
What is about choice 2 in KCET Counselling?
Candidates must pay the required fee to the assigned seat by the specified date and time if they selected a seat in Choice 2 during the second round KCET counselling; otherwise, their seat will be cancelled in three copies.
How many colleges can we choose at Karnataka KCET counselling 2023?
In the KCET counselling, no precise numbers are used to present the options for college selection and streams. Candidates may provide as many options as are compatible with their eligibility requirements and other essential information.
What are the documents required for KCET counselling 2023?
KCET 2023 counselling documents are required for verification, which is as follows: KCET Application Form printout. KCET Admit Card printout. Proof of application fee payment. Mark sheet of 10th std. Mark sheet of 12th std/2nd PUC. Two recent passport size photographs. Study Certificate signed by BEO/DDPI. All other required documents.
How many rounds will there be in KCET 2023 counselling?
During KCET 2023 counselling, there will be two seat allotment rounds, one extended round, and one special round.
Who are eligible for KCET 2023 Counselling?
Candidates who pass the KCET exam are eligible to take part in the KCET 2023 counselling.
When is KCET 2nd round exercise choices option 2023 window will be active?
KCET 2023 counselling second round exercise choices can be done from Sep 8 - 11, 2023. The payment window will be active from Sep 8 - 13, 2023. Candidates must report by Sep 14, 2023.