KEA has announced that there will be no minimum criteria or cut-off for KCET 2021 admissions. The candidates who cleared the Karnataka CET entrance exam will be eligible for direct admission. The counselling process of KCET will start soon where the candidates will lock the colleges and courses according to their interests. The results were released by the conducting authority on Sep 20, 2021. The counselling process is expected to begin from Sep 25, 2021, onwards based on previous trends of the exam. However, the official notification for KCET counselling is yet to be released.
Scroll down the page to find all the details regarding the KCET counselling process 2021.
KCET 2021 Counselling
KCET 2021 Counselling process is discussed in detail below.
- Candidates should clear 10+2 or equivalent exam and candidates who qualify for the entrance exam are eligible to appear in KCET counselling.
- It is also mandatory to carry the admit card during the counselling process. And the candidates are advised to preserve the admit card until the completion of the counselling process.
- Information about the KCET counselling 2021 will be available on the Official Website of the Karnataka CET Examination Authority (KEA), which includes all the details like counselling dates, steps to be followed, counselling fees, documents to be carried during the process of counselling and KCET counselling rank wise.
- Allotment for KCET 2021 seats for admissions into 267 engineering colleges, 32 architecture colleges, 61 pharmacy colleges, 39 farm science colleges, and 76 ISM&H colleges will happen through counselling.
KCET 2021 Counselling Dates
The KCET 2021 counselling dates will be announced soon after the exam results are published on the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority. Once the dates are released, aspirants can start the registration for the counselling process. KCET counselling centres will be announced once the counselling process will take place. The table given below contains a list of all the events associated with KCET counselling.
|Documents Uploading Commencement||Sep 25, 2021 (Expected)|
|Commencement of and Verification of Documents||To be announced|
|Counselling Option Entry||To be announced|
|Mock Counselling||To be announced|
|First Round Counselling||To be announced|
|First Round Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|Second Round Counseling||To be announced|
|Seat Allotment 2021- Round 2||To be announced|
|Second extended round - Option entry||To be announced|
|Second extended round seat allotment||To be announced|
|Special round - Option entry||To be announced|
|Special round seat allotment||To be announced|
How to Register for KCET Counselling 2021?
The KCET counselling procedure 2021 is being held both in online and offline mode. The KCET counselling 2021 process consists of the following steps.
- Document Verification and Registration
- Choice Filling and Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Reporting to the respective institutes
Step 1: Document Verification and Registration
Candidates will have to upload all the documents required on the official website within the specified last date. The authorities will verify all the documents for their originality. The verification process is made online due to the current pandemic situation. After the successful verification, candidates will get an acknowledgment slip, a unique Id and password which will complete the registration process.
Step 2: Choice Filling and Locking
Candidates will have to log in to the official website using the credentials provided at the time of registration. Candidates will have to fill in the choice for desired course and college from the list available in the drop-down menu. The choice has to be filled in the order of preference. Candidates are requested to refer to the cutoff trends before filling in the choices. Candidates will be able to add/delete/modify the choice in each round of KCET counselling 2021.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
After the successful completion of the choice filling process, the conducting authority will release the seat allotment results. Candidates will be allotted seats based on the rank obtained in KCET 2021. Candidates will be able to view the seat allotment letter by logging in to the official website. The seat allotment letter will contain details such as the course and college allotted, reporting date and time, etc.
Step 4: Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates will have to report to the allotted college on the specified date and time along with all the necessary documents to complete the admission procedure.
Documents Required for KCET Counselling 2021
The list of documents required for the KCET 2021 counselling process is mentioned below.
- SSLC/Class X Marks sheet.
- KCET 2021 Application Form acknowledgment copy.
- KCET 2021 Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- 2nd PUC/Class XII Marks sheet.
- Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI.
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Income Certificate to claim “Supernumerary Quota” seats.
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO, for the candidates claiming Kannada Medium reservation benefits
- Rural Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO and a verification certificate (only for GM candidates)
- Caste Certificate/Caste Income Certificate/Income Certificate for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits. (Caste and Income Certificate in Form 'D' in case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and in Form 'E' in case of Category-I and a Caste Income Certificate in Form 'F' for other backward classes like 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, issued by the jurisdictional Tahasildar)
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Reservation issued by the concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification
- Parent's study certificate / Parent's Hometown certificate / Parent's Domicile certificate / Parent's Employment certificate / Parent's Cumulative Record / Parent's Marks Card, etc., for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the domicile/study/employment of the parent
- Duly sworn in Affidavit of the candidate who claims eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses
- Identity card issued by the Jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner/District Magistrate/Rehabilitation Commissioner, for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants quota
KCET 2021 Instructions for Document Upload
The candidates must follow the instructions provided below while uploading their documents to refrain from making any mistakes.
- Documents must be uploaded in Pdf format and must be less than 1Mb in size.
- Candidates must create a single Pdf file for more than one and more Pdf files.
- Scan the documents and name the files appropriately.
- Once all the documents have been uploaded, candidates print the acknowledgment slip for future reference.
KCET 2021 Schedule for Documents Submission
The candidates will be required to download their documents when the KEA announces the final dates. The candidates must upload their documents against their ranks. It is advised that the candidates upload all the required documents and certificates on the dates specified by the authorities to avoid any discrepancy.
|Dates (Tentative)||Rank ranges to upload documents|
|Starting Rank||Up to Rank|
|Sep 24-26, 2021||1||2000|
|Sep 27-30, 2021||2001||7000|
|Oct 1-3, 2021||7001||15000|
|Oct 4-6, 2021||15001||25000|
|Oct 7-9, 2021||25001||40000|
|Oct 10-13, 2021||40001||70000|
|Oct 14-17, 2021||70001||100000|
|Oct 18-20, 2021||100001||Last rank|
KCET 2021 Draft Seat Matrix
The conducting authority will release a draft seat matrix that contains the number of seats available in all the participating colleges. This seat matrix will help candidates to view the availability of seats in their desired college for the desired course and category. This will help the candidates to fill in the options for course and college during the KCET counselling 2021 process. Deciding the college will be easier when the KCET Cutoff is taken into consideration. During the choice filling, candidates will have to fill in the choices in the order of preference. Candidates can view the detailed draft seat matrix of all the Engineering and Agricultural courses.
KCET 2021 Participating Institutes
Several colleges take part in the KCET counselling 2021 for offering admission to eligible candidates. These colleges have set up certain cutoff marks for the candidates above to which they will provide admission. The list of participating colleges is tabulated below.
|B.M.S College of Engineering||Bull Temple Road, Bangalore|
|P.E.S Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering||Mysore|
|R.N.S Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|National Institute of Engineering||Mysore|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology||Tumkur|
|J.S.S Academy of Technical Education||Bangalore|
|B.V.B College of Engineering & Technology||Hubli|
KCET 2021 Cut off
Karnataka Examination Authority will not release the KCET cut-off marks this year. The candidates who have qualified the KCET 2021 exam will participate in the allotment process based on the KCET 2021 counselling process.
Read more here: KCET 2021 Cut-off
KCET 2021 Instructions for Special Category Certificates
Candidates must submit a copy of the application form and the hall ticket of KCET along with the special category certificates. Aspirants who claim their eligibility under NCC and SPORTS must submit a copy of the study certificates which should be issued by the head of the institute. Candidates must submit the original special category certificates with two copies for claiming benefits under various special categories. Also, candidates must take three copies of their admission tickets compulsorily.
|Name of the Special Category||Date for Submission|
|Sports||To be announced|
|N.C.C||To be announced|
|CAPF/ CRPF/ CISF/ BSF/ ITBP|
|Defense||To be announced|
|Anglo-Indian||To be announced|
|Scouts and Guides||To be submitted on the day of verification of documents along with other certificates.|
KCET 2021 Counselling Option Entry
KCET Option Entry for the counselling process will be provided to only those candidates whose documents are verified. Also, candidates will be given an option for filling the choices for all the courses available and there will be no limit to the courses and colleges that the candidates will choose for admission. Before proceeding with the option entry, candidates are advised to check the previous year's closing ranks or the cutoff marks. Once all of these processes are completed, KEA will release the KCET counselling result/mock allotment result for all the qualified candidates who will be eligible for the Option Entry procedure.
KCET Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How will KCET 2021 Counselling be held?
Ans. The KEA will hold the KCET 2021 Counselling in Online mode this year.
Q. How can the candidates participate in KCET 2021 Counselling?
Ans. The candidates will require to register themselves and select the colleges and courses of their choice to participate in the KCET 2021 counselling.
Q. How the KCET 2021 seats will be allotted?
Ans. The KCET 2021 seats will be allotted based on the merit list, preferences of colleges and courses selected by the candidates, and seat availability.
Q. What are the Supernumerary Quota in the KCET 2021 counselling process and the number of seats reserved in this quota?
Ans. The candidates with their family income of fewer than 6 lakhs are reserved under this quota. The quota reserves 5% of the seats available in each college and each program.