- January 11, 2021: The seat allotment for the casual round of KCET 2020 counselling has been announced on January 10, 2021. The document submission and payment of fee can be done till January 12, 2021.
KEA conducts the KCET Counselling for the eligible candidates soon after the results are announced. Candidates who cleared the Karnataka CET entrance exam can take part in the counselling process. One of the initial steps before attending the counselling process of KCET is to make the choice lock of the colleges and courses according to the candidates' interest. KCET 2020 Counselling process is discussed in the detail below.
- Candidates should clear 10+2 or equivalent exam and candidates who qualify the entrance exam as per the cut off and result list will be eligible to appear in KCET counselling.
- It is also mandatory to carry admit card of KCET 2020 during the counselling process. And the candidates are advised to preserve the admit card until the completion of the counselling process.
- Information about the KCET counselling 2020 has been made available on the Official Website of the Karnataka CET Examination Authority (KEA), which includes all the details like counselling dates, steps to be followed, KCET counselling fees, documents to be carried during the process of counselling and KCET counselling rank wise.
- Allotment for KCET 2020 seats for admissions into 267 engineering colleges, 32 architecture colleges, 61 pharmacy colleges, 39 farm science colleges and 76 ISM&H colleges will happen through the counselling.
KCET Counselling Schedule
The KCET 2021 counselling dates will be announced soon after the exam results are published at the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority. Once the dates are released, candidates can start the registration for the counselling process. KCET counselling centres will be announced one the counselling process will take place. The table given below contains a list of all the events associated with the KCET counselling.
|KCET Counselling Events||KCET Counselling Dates|
|Documents Uploading Commencement||To be notified|
|Commencement of and verification of documents||To be notified|
|KCET Counselling Option Entry||To be notified|
|KCET Mock Counselling||To be notified|
|KCET First Round Counselling||To be notified|
|KCET First Round Seat Allotment||To be notified|
|KCET Second Round Counseling||To be notified|
|KCET Seat Allotment 2020- Round 2||To be notified|
|Second extended round - Option entry||To be notified|
|Second extended round seat allotment||To be notified|
|Special round - Option entry||To be notified|
|Special round seat allotment||To be notified|
KCET 2020 Counselling: Casual Round
The seat allotment list for the casual round of counselling for KCET 2020 has been announced on January 10, 2021. The candidates are required to pay the enrolment fee and the submit the documents by January 12, 2021.
|Fresh Option Entry for the Casual Round||January 8, 2021 to January 10, 2021 (2:00 PM)|
|Seat Allotment for the Casual Round||January 10, 2021|
|Document Submission and Payment of Admission Fee||January 11, 2021 and January 12, 2021|
|Downloading of the Admission Order for KCET 2020||January 13, 2021 to January 15, 2021|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||January 13, 2021 to January 15, 2021 (Till 4:30 PM)|
How to Register for KCET Counselling 2020?
The KCET counselling procedure 2020 is being held both in online and offline mode. The KCET counselling 2020 process consists of the following steps.
- Document Verification and Registration
- Choice Filling and Locking.
- Seat Allotment.
- Reporting to the respective institutes.
Document Verification and Registration
Candidates will have to upload all the documents required on the official website within the specified last date. The authorities will verify all the documents for its originality. The verification process is made online due to the current pandemic situation. After the successful verification, candidates will get an acknowledgement slip, a unique Id and password which will complete the registration process.
Choice Filling and Locking
Candidates will have to log in to the official website using the credentials provided at the time of registration. Candidates will have to fill in the choice for desired course and college from the list available in the drop-down menu. The choice has to be filled in the order of preference. Candidates are requested to refer to the cutoff trends before filling in the choices. Candidates will be able to add/delete/modify the choice in each round of KCET counselling 2020.
After the successful completion of the choice filling process, the conducting authority will release the seat allotment results. Candidates will be allotted seats based on the rank obtained in KCET 2020. Candidates will be able to view the seat allotment letter by logging in to the official website. The seat allotment letter will contain details such as the course and college allotted, reporting date and time etc.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates will have to report to the allotted college on the specified date and time along with all the necessary documents to complete the admission procedure.
Documents Required For KCET Counselling 2020
The list of documents required for the KCET 2020 counseling process is mentioned below.
- SSLC/Class X Marks sheet.
- KCET 2020 Application Form acknowledgement copy.
- KCET 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket.
- 2nd PUC/Class XII Marks sheet.
- Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Income Certificate to claim “Supernumerary Quota” seats.
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO, for the candidates claiming Kannada Medium reservation benefits.
- Rural Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO and a verification certificate (only for GM candidates).
- Caste Certificate/Caste Income Certificate/Income Certificate for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits. (Caste and Income Certificate in Form 'D' in case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and in Form 'E' in case of Category-I and a Caste Income Certificate in Form 'F' for other backward classes like 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, issued by the jurisdictional Tahasildar)
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Reservation issued by the concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification.
- Parent's study certificate / Parent's Hometown certificate / Parent's Domicile certificate / Parent's Employment certificate / Parent's Cumulative Record / Parent's Marks Card, etc., for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the domicile/study/employment of the parent.
- Duly sworn in Affidavit of the candidate who claims eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses.
- Identity card issued by the Jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner/District Magistrate/Rehabilitation Commissioner, for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants quota.
KCET 2020 Draft Seat Matrix
- The conducting authority will release a draft seat matrix which contains the number of seats available in all the participating colleges.
- This seat matrix will help candidates to view the availability of seats in their desired college for the desired course and category.
- This will help the candidates to fill in the options for course and college during the KCET counselling 2020 process. Deciding the college will be easier when the KCET Cutoff is taken into consideration.
- During the choice filling, candidates will have to fill in the choices in the order of preference. Candidates can view the detailed draft seat matrix of all the Engineering and Agricultural courses. Click to view detailed draft seat matrix.
KCET Participating Institutes
Several colleges take part in the KCET counselling 2020 for offering admission to the eligible candidates. These colleges have set up a certain cutoff makrs for the candidates above which they will provide admission. The list of participating colleges are tabulated below:
|B.M.S College of Engineering||Bull Temple Road, Bangalore|
|P.E.S Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering||Mysore|
|R.N.S Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|National Institute of Engineering||Mysore|
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology||Tumkur|
|J.S.S Academy of Technical Education||Bangalore|
|B.V.B College of Engineering & Technology||Hubli|
KCET Cutoff 2020
Karnataka Examination Authority will release the KCET cutoff marks for at its official website. The cutoff marks will be available in the form of PDF. Candidates who will secure above the cutoff marks will have more chances of getting the allotted seat in a particular college. The seat allotment process will be done based on KCET 2020 counselling process. Various factors will be considered for determining the cutoff marks for a particular college which include the paper difficulty level, number of candidates who registered for the exam, total number of seats available in a particular college, previous year cutoff trends and overall performance of the candidates in the qualifying exam.
Instructions for Special Category Certificates
- Candidates must submit the copy of the application form and the hall ticket of KCET along with the special category certificates.
- Aspirants who claim their eligibility under NCC and SPORTS must submit the copy of the study certificates which should be issued by the head of the institute.
- Candidates must submit the original special category certificates with two copies for claiming benefit under various special categories. Also, candidates must take three copy of their admission tickets compulsorily.
|Name of the Special Category||Date for Submission|
|Sports||To be announced|
|N.C.C||To be announced|
|CAPF/ CRPF/ CISF/ BSF/ ITBP|
|Defence||To be announced|
|Anglo-Indian||To be announced|
|Scouts and Guides||To be submitted on the day of verification of documents along with other certificates.|
KCET Counselling Option Entry
KCET Option Entry for the counselling process will be provided to only those candidates whose document are verified. Also, candidates will be given an option for filling the choices for all the courses available and there will be no limit to the courses and colleges that the candidates will choose for the admission. Before proceeding with the option entry, candidates are advised to check the previous year closing ranks or the cutoff marks. Once all of these processes are completed, KEA will release the KCET counselling result/mock allotment result for all the qualified candidates who will be eligible for the Option Entry procedure.
KCET Contact Details
- Address: Samoige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore- 560012
- Official Website: http://kea.kar.nic.in
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone/Fax: 080 - 23460460 (Five Lines) Fax: 080 - 23461576
Online Allotment Process of KCET Counselling 2020