Candidates aspiring to pursue M.E, M.Tech and M.Pharm programs can attempt AP PGECET 2020 Exam conducted by Andhra University, Vishakapatnam. It is generally conducted in May in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. Check more details about the exam like registration, exam dates, and preparation strategies below.
- July 17, 2020: The AP PGECET 2020 registration window with late fee of INR 2000 is extended to September 5, 2020.
- July 13, 2020: The AP PGECET 2020 examination is postponed until further notice due to the increasing spread of the coronavirus. The new exam dates will be announced soon.
- AP PGECET 2020 Application Form has been released on March 9, 2020. But the last date to fill the application form with late fee has been extended till July 25, 2020. The candidates can check the official website to know the details regarding the same. The revised exam dates are from August 2, 2020 to August 4, 2020 (Tentative). The rescheduled dates for remaining events will be updated shortly after this lockdown gets lifted. 2020
- What is AP PGECET Exam?
- AP PGECET 2020 Exam Dates
- AP PGECET 2020 Eligibility
- AP PGECET 2020 Application Form Extended
- AP PGECET 2020 Syllabus
- AP PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern
- How to Prepare for AP PGECET?
- AP PGECET 2020 Exam Centres
- AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card
- AP PGECET 2020 Result
- AP PGCET 2020 Cut Off
- AP PGECET 2020 Counselling
- AP PGECET 2020 Guidelines
- AP PGECET Latest News
- Related Exams
What is AP PGECET Exam?
Andhra Pradesh Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test [AP PGECET] is a State Level Entrance Test conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE. The exam is conducted every year and is a gateway to pursue postgraduation in Technology (M. Tech) or Pharmacy (M. Pharm) from colleges which are approved by the AICTE. There are around 9 participating colleges in Andhra Pradesh which considers the score of AP PGECET Examination.
The AP PGECET 2020 exam is expected to be conducted from August 2, 2020 to August 4, 2020. Each year, over 30,000 candidates apply for this exam.
AP PGECET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Post-graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Courses Offered||ME, M.Tech and M. Pharm|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2 hours i.e. 120 minutes|
|Helpline Number||+91- 95388 74444|
AP PGECET 2020 Exam Dates
The official notification of AP PGECET 2020 exam was published on March 03, 2020. The application form for the registration was available from March 9, 2020 to June 15, 2020 on the official website.
Just a few days before the exam, the AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card will be released online for all the aspirants. After the exams are conducted, the results will be declared on the official website for all candidates based on their marks secured.
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form Start Date||March 9, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date||June 15, 2020|
|Application form Correction||July 10 to July 13, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date (with late fee of INR 500)||July 5, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date (with late fee of INR 1000)||July 16, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date (with late fee of INR 2000)||September 5, 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||To be announced|
|AP PGECET 2020 Exam Date||Postponed|
|Results Announcement||To be announced|
Note: The dates mentioned on the table are tentative. However, it will be updated once the authentic information is released from the official exam conducting authority.
Click here for more details on AP PGECET 2020 Exam Dates
AP PGECET 2020 Eligibility
The first and foremost component of the eligibility criteria is the educational qualification. The candidates must have passed BE/ B.Tech in the relevant stream with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ ST category candidates from a recognized Institute or University.
|Education||Passed BE/ B.Tech|
|Age Limit||21 Years|
The candidates who are pursuing their final year degree and going to appear for the final semester are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit: The candidates must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Nationality: The candidates should be a citizen of India.
Other Eligibility Tests: If a candidate already possesses either GATE or GPAT scores then he or she need not attend AP PGECET. They can apply with those scores.
AP PGECET 2020 Application Form
Filling application form becomes very important in the context of an exam. Candidates must make sure that they fill the AP PGECET 2020 Application Form within the specified dates. It will be available on the official website of Andhra University from March 9, 2020 to June 15, 2020.
Registration Fee: All the General Category Candidates must pay the Application Form Fee of INR 1000 and Reserved category (SC/ST) candidates have to pay INR 500 online via Credit Cards/ Debit Cards/ Net Banking.
Documents Upload: The candidates must upload the recently took passport size photograph and signature before submitting the Application Form.
|Registration Fee||INR 1000 for General; INR 500 for SC/ ST|
AP PGECET 2020 Syllabus
As per the prescribed AP PGECET 2020 Syllabus, there are 14 subjects. Applicants have to know all the topics under each subject to prepare completely and score well in the exam. Some of the major subjects are:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Geo-Engineering & Geo-Informatics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
AP PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for all the aspirants. The AP PGECET 2020 Paper Pattern will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Duration||2 hours i.e. 120 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer and no negative marking|
How to prepare for AP PGECET Exam?
Scoring high or low in an exam completely depends on the preparation and the effort that one puts in the preparation phase. Some major aspect has been discussed here below.
Fixing the Objective: One can have the best cruise ship in the world but if he or she does not have a destination the ship would drift around in the sea and end up nowhere. Therefore, set a goal as to why you want to crack this exam and that will drive you.
Time Management: Everybody has the same time and so it is important to manage time by planning and prioritizing the activities daily. One has to get up early to have a long day so that he or she can allot all the subjects' equal time.
Staying Focussed: During preparation, it is natural to become demotivated and lost hope. So one has to concentrate only on the end goal and prepare smartly for the exam.
AP PGECET 2020 Exam Centres
AP PGECET 2020 is conducted in 12 major cities in the state of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Candidates should mention the Centre Code and Name of his/ her choice of Test Centre in Online Application Form.
Change of Test Centre
Requests for change of Test Centre and Subject opted by the candidate in the Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances.
Andhra University reserves the right to cancel any Test Location at any point in time. If the test Location is cancelled the candidates will automatically be moved to nearby locations or a location in Andhra Pradesh or Telangana.
List of AP PGECET 2020 Exam Centre
AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card
AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card will be available on the official website.
Id Proof: Candidates must carry any one government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the examination.
Details on Admit Card
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number/ Application Number of the Candidate
- Exam Date
- Exam Time
- Exam Venue
- Photo and Signature of the Candidate
- General Instruction
AP PGECET 2020 Results
AP PGECET 2020 Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks. AP PGECET 2020 Score/ Rank Card will be released separately after the results are announced.
When two or more candidates have scored equal marks in AP PGECET 2020 exam, it leads to a tie breaker. Candidates with more marks in qualifying degree examination will be preferred over the other candidate, in the case of equal marks scored in AP PGECET.
In the case candidates have secured equal marks in the qualifying degree examination too, the tie will be broken by giving preference to candidates older in age.
If the candidates are of the same age, then the tie in AP PGECET 2020 Merit List will be broken by drawing lots.
AP PGECET 2020 Cut off
AP PGECET 2020 Cut-off is the minimum score required to secure admission in the various M.Tech courses in Andhra Pradesh. AP PGECET 2020 cut-off will depend on many factors such as:
- The Number of Applicants
- The difficulty level of paper
- Availability of Seats
- Previous year cut-off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
AP PGECET 2020 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the AP PGECET 2020 will be called for the counselling process. Qualified candidates have to carry necessary documents at the time of counselling for verification.
AP PGECET 2020 Counselling will be conducted in 2 rounds. Counselling for GATE and AP PGECET 2020 qualifiers will be conducted separately.
Submission: Candidates will be able to appear for counselling after they are done with certificate verification and submission of the counselling fee.
AP PGECET 2020 Guidelines
Following are the important guidelines for candidates appearing for AP PGECET 2020 as prescribed by the Andhra University.
- All the applicants must be very careful while submitting the AP PGECET 2020 online application form with respect to the subject paper chosen for the test. Candidates must also note that any request for change of test paper or exam centre will not be entertained by the Andhra University.
- Candidates should note that all the photographs submitted with the AP PGECET 2020 application must be exactly the same. Otherwise, candidates will not be allowed into the exam hall and write the exam.
- During the AP PGECET 2020, candidates will not be permitted to enter or leave the examination hall under any circumstances.
- The candidate are advised to preserve the AP PGECET 2020 admit card to produce it at the time of test and later at the time of counselling during documents check.
- After the AP PGECET 2020 exam, the online answer script images of the candidate will be preserved for 6 months from the date of publishing the results. Post 6 months, the answer scripts will be disposed.
- Candidate appearing for the AP PGECET 2020 exam will not be permitted into the exam hall after the scheduled time.
AP PGECET 2020 Latest News
Out of the total of 29,012 candidates who attended the exam 26,577 candidates have cleared the test. The figures were comparatively better for Engineering applicants i.e out of 23,565 aspirants 22,133 have been qualified, this constitutes 93% of the total applicants.
Be that as it may, the conducting authority has released the Results for AP PGECET 2020 Exam. Based on the scores obtained a Rank Card is prepared as well for all the qualified candidates. To qualify, the minimum qualifying mark is 25% of the total. However, for reserved candidates (SC/ST) there is no minimum qualifying mark.