Overview of the Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE
The VITEEE 2020 eligibility criteria include details of the qualifying exam, subjects, age criteria, minimum marks required, and other a few other details. Candidates appearing for the exam, make sure you go through the VIT Entrance Exam 2020 eligibility criteria before you start preparing for the exam. Those who fail to meet the criteria would not be allowed to appear for the exam.
VITEEE Eligibility 2020
If you are eligible for writing the exam make sure that you prepare yourself for the exam by going through the VITEEE 2020 Syllabus. The various eligibility criteria for VITEEE2020 is given in the table below.
|Criteria||VITEEE 2020 Description|
|Qualification||Candidates who wish to appear for VITEEE 2020 should have either completed or should be appearing in 2020 in following exams:
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria Details:
The most basic eligibility criteria for the candidates who are appearing for the VITEEE 2020 is that they need to secure at least an aggregate of 60% in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology in the 12th-grade examination.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be born on or after July 1st, 1999. Date of birth recorded in class X/High school certificate will only be considered for online. These certificates should be produced during the counselling as proof.
- Qualification: Candidates need to have all the qualifications mentioned below to meet the eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2020.
- Candidate has to complete final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination -ISCE, New Delhi for the eligibility criteria VITEEE 2020.
- Candidate must have completed the Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University for eligibility criteria VITEEE 2020.
- Minimum Score: Candidates who will appear on VITEEE 2020 Exam Date should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate). Candidates belonging to the SC/ST sections or North-Eastern states need to have an aggregate score of 50% to be on the eligibility criteria VITEEE 2020 list.
- NIOS: VITEEE 2020 is also open for NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling). They should produce Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- Full-time schooling: Candidates must have done full-time schooling and not part-time schooling, as it would be against the rules.
- Biology Courses: If VIT applicant has also taken up biology in his/her schooling, he/she can apply for any of the 3 biology courses at VITEEE - Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Genetics, and Applied Microbiology.
- Other Courses: Eligibility criteria for courses like Architecture, Advanced Sciences, Civil and Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Social Sciences&Languages, Business School and Law School varies according to their departmental needs.
Age Proof for VITEEE 2020:
Candidate should be born on or after July 1, 1999. Candidates must submit any of the following certificates only as proof of age:
- High School
- Class X
- Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria and fill application form will be issued the VITEEE 2020, Admit Card.
- Original certificates must be produced at the time of counselling for VITEEE 2020.