BHU PET 2022 application form is expected to be open from May 20, 2022 till Jun 24, 2022 in the official website. Banaras Hindu University is one of the most reputed institutions in India. The university is known to transform young adults into young individuals with a dream. Banaras Hindu University offers a wide range of postgraduate courses. Candidates need to clear BHU PET to get admitted to the desired course under Banaras Hindu University. Please read the details below to know more about BHU PET.
Latest Updates for BHU PET
- May 20, 2022: BHU PET 2022 application form is likely to be open from May 20, 2022 till Jun 24, 2022. Read More
- BHU PET 2022 Registration
- About BHU PET
- BHU PET 2022 Exam Date
- BHU PET 2022 Eligibility
- BHU PET 2022 Admit Card
- BHU PET 2022 Exam Centres
- BHU PET 2022 Exam Pattern
- BHU PET 2022 Syllabus
- BHU PET 2022 Answer Key
- BHU PET 2022 Result
- BHU PET 2022 Selection Process
BHU PET 2022 Registration
The application process for BHU PET is expected to be open from May 20, 2022 till June 24, 2022. The candidates must get themselves registered on the BHU PET registration portal.
Steps to Register for BHU PET 2022
The steps to do so are shared below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click "Apply for Admission".
- Step 3: If you are applying for the first time, click on "Register Yourself".
- Step 4: Provide the necessary details.
- Step 5: You will receive an activation mail on your registered email id and verification code on your registered mobile number. If you don't find it, kindly check your spam folder too.
- Step 6: Click on the Activation Link.
The Application Form for BHT PET asks for the candidate's personal and educational details. The candidates must fill them to the best of their knowledge. Any discrepancies found, later on, will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
- Step 1: Log in to the BHU Online application link.
- Step 2: Log in with the registered email id and password.
- Step 3: Fill the required details.
- Step 4: Click on "Save & Continue".
- Step 5: Upload scanned images and signature as per the given specifications.
Documents Required While Filling the BHU PET Application Form
Candidates had to keep the following documents in possession to move forward with the application.
- Identification Documents.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Voter ID.
- Driving License.
- Pan card.
- Email and mobile number for future notifications.
- Recent Passport size photograph.
- Your signature on a paper with blue/black pen.
- Access to the online payment facility is via Net Banking/Credit Card/ATM-cum-Debit Card.
About BHU PET
Banaras Hindu University conducts the Banaras Hindu University Postgraduation Entrance Test (BHUPET) entrance examination for candidates aspiring to pursue a career in fields of arts, science, fashion, music, Sanskrit, and various other language courses, under Banaras Hindu University. Go through the table below to get a gist of all the highlights of this examination.
|Exam Name||BHU PET 2022|
|Full Form||Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper based.)|
|Application Fee||General Candidate: Rs.600 (Approximate),
Reserved Candidate (SC/ST/OBC/PWD): Rs.300 (Approximate).
If the applicant wants to apply for multiple courses,
he/She has to pay the following extra fee with the main application fee as -
General Candidate: Rs.300,
Reserved Candidates (SC/ST/OBC/PWD): Rs.150
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Exam Sections||General Aptitude, Mathematical Aptitude, English, Quantitative and Numerical Reasoning, Language proficiency, General Language, Analytical Aptitude|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Examination Language||Mostly English and Hindi, Respective language papers will be in the respective language|
Correct Answer: 3 marks will be awarded
Incorrect Answer: -1 mark will be awarded
No Attempt: 0 Marks will be awarded
Banaras Hindu University will release the official notification for Post Graduation Entrance Exam at its official website. The official notification gives important information on minimum requirements and eligibility criteria which a candidate must qualify to appear for the BHU PET 2022 examination.
BHU PET 2022 Exam Date
Banaras Hindu University has announced its schedule of important events and dates for BHU PET 2022. Although these dates are tentative still candidates are advised to keep track of these important dates associated with BHU PET 2022.
|BHU PET 2022 Application Release Date||May 20, 2022 (Tentative)|
|Last Date for BHU PET Application||Jun 24, 2022 (Tentative)|
|BHU PET 2022 Admit Card||To be Announced|
|BHU PET 2022 Exam||To be Announced|
|BHU PET 2022 Provisional Answer Key and Objection Window||To be Announced|
|BHU PET 2022 Result Date||To be Announced|
|BHU PET Counselling Date||To be Announced|
BHU PET 2022 Eligibility
It is important for candidates to go through the eligibility criteria for BHU PET 2022 carefully to avoid unnecessary mistakes. Candidates who successfully qualify the course-specific eligibility conditions will only be allowed admission. BHU PET 2022 has varied eligibility criteria for different postgraduate courses. Some specifications related to the eligibility criteria are discussed below -
|M.Sc. in Environmental Science||50 % marks (GPA equivalent) in B.Sc. (Hons)/ B.Sc.(10+2+3)|
|M.A. in Mass Communication||
Age Limit: There is no upper Age Limit.
Nationality: Only Indian.
BHU PET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates must carry their admit cards to their respective examination centres. They will not be allowed to appear for the examination without the Admit Card, as it contains all the necessary information regarding the examination centre, roll number, examination date, and time slot. The admit card for BHU PET 2022 was released by the organizing authorities on the official website on Sep 26, 2022. Candidates had to download the admit card from the official BHU website and take a print out of the same to be carried to the examination venue.
BHU PET 2022 Exam Centres
There are approximately 115 test centres for the BHU PET 2022 examination. The candidates have to choose up to 5 test centres, as sometimes the university might cancel certain test centres due to certain reasons. Some of the cities where the test is conducted are as below -
Please always keep an eye on the official website for official test centres.
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Silchar|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Chattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhi Nagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Hisar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Faridabad, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Hubballi (Hubli), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Bengaluru (Bangalore), Mangaluru (Mangalore), Mysuru (Mysore), Shivamogga (Shimoga)|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune|
|Odisha||Berhampur-Ganjam, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandur, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Warangal, Karim Nagar|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelvelli|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Udaipur|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Uttar Pradesh||Gaziabad, Greater Noida, Merrut, Noida, Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
BHU PET 2022 Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates to understand the Exam Pattern for BHU PET 2022, carefully, to avoid making unecessary mistakes during the attempt. The Exam Pattern is designed and approved by the organizing authorities of BHU PET 2022.
|Total Marks||360 (Questions may vary based on the selected course paper)|
|Number of Questions||Varies with the subject types|
|Number of Paper||1|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||For wrong answers: -3, For right answers: +1, Not Attempted: 0 Marks.|
BHU PET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus varies with the postgraduate courses. The syllabus would measure your competency in a particular field. The syllabus for BHU PET 2022 is mentioned below:
|M.A. in Linguistic||
|M.A in Economics/History/Political Science/Sociology/Psychology||
|M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Geology/Computer Sciences/Biochemistry/Geophysics/Zoology/Botany||
|M.Sc. In Computer Science||
|M.Sc. in Biochemistry||
|M.Sc. (Tech) in Geophysics||
|M.Sc. In Geology||
|M.Sc. In Botany/ Zoology||
|M.Sc. In Statistics||
|Language and Linguistic Courses||
BHU PET 2022 Answer Key
Banaras Hindu University released the answer key for BHU PET 2022 exam online at the official website after the exams were over. Candidates can download the answer key by logging in with their e-mail Id and password. BHU PET answer keys are the main source by which candidates can analyse their scores in the qualifying exam. Candidates can challenge the Provisional Answer Key also once they are released.
How to Download the BHU PET 2022 Answer Key?
Follow these steps to download the BHU PET 2022 Answer Key:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BHU.
- Step 2: Search for the link BHU PET 2022 Answer Key.
- Step 3: Enter the login credentials- e-mail Id and password.
- Step 4: Download the BHU PET 2022 Answer Key.
How to Use BHU PET 2022 Answer Key for the Calculation of Marks?
Candidates can follow the steps to calculate the marks with the help of BHU PET 2022 Answer Key
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BHU.
- Step 2: Download the answer key for the respective course.
- Step 3: Download the question paper for the same course.
- Step 4: After downloading the answer key and question paper, start cross-checking the answers.
- Step 5: Refer the marking scheme to calculate the marks.
The marking scheme for the BHU PET 2022 Exam is listed below:
- Add 3 marks for the correct answers.
- Deduct 1 mark for the incorrect answers.
- For the unattempted questions do not deduct marks.
The University also provides an option for the candidates to challenge the answer key, in case they are sure that the answer given in the answer key is incorrect. For this, the candidates have to follow a process and pay the challenging fee for each question that they are challenging.
How to Challenge the BHU PET 2022 Answer Key?
The steps that the candidate should follow to complete the process of challenging the answer key are listed below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BHU.
- Step 2: Search for the link Click here to Challenge questions and/or answers PET 2022.
- Step 3: Click on that link.
- Step 4: Candidates will get an option there Challenge Questions/Provisional Key (PET).
- Step 5: Click on that link and enter the login credentials such as e-mail Id and password.
- Step 6: Enter the captcha code that is displayed on the screen.
- Step 7: Click on Sign In.
- Step 8: Now, raise the objection against the answer.
- Step 9: Submit the claims.
- Step 10: After submitting the claims, pay the challenging fee.
Note: Candidates have to pay INR 100 for each question which they want to challenge. The challenging fee will be refunded to the account of the candidate in case the objection that the candidate raised are correct.
BHU PET 2022 Result
The result is available on the official Banaras Hindu University's official website only. The candidates are advised to keep their copies of admit cards safe so that they don't face any difficulties while procuring the result from the official website, or even attending the proceeding rounds. To view the result, the candidates must follow the steps given below-
- Step 1: Log in to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on "Pet Result".
- Step 3: Insert your Roll Number and search.
BHU PET 2022 Selection Process
The process of a candidate's selection through BHU PET is given below:
- You need to clear the BHU PET examination, which is by achieving higher marks than the allocated cut off marks. The candidates are advised to chalk out their preparation plan for this test accordingly.
- Different postgraduate programs will have different cut off marks.
- The merit list is used to decide the students qualifying for the postgraduate course seats.
- The students can download the call letter from their logged-in BHU online account.
- The students who get higher or equal marks than the cut off marks will receive an email.
- The students must report to the respective university as per the call letter. They should pay the amount asked for by the respective university to book their seats.
BHU PET 2022 Helpdesk
Candidate must go through the general FAQ on the official website.
What are the new exam dates for BHU PET 2021?
BHU PET 2021 exam will commence from May 15, 2021, to May 30, 2021.
When will the admit card for BHU PET 2021 release?
The admit card for BHU PET will release a few days before the exams, most likely 7/10 days or a week before the exam.
What are question types and total marks for the BHU PET?
All questions for BHU PET exam are MCQs and the total marks of the exam is 360 which the candidates must complete within the time duration of 120 minutes or two hours.
How to check the BHU PET results?
Candidates can check their results through the online portal which is bhuonline.in. The candidates will also receive the marks obtained and the overall merit along with the merit category through mail and SMS.