Aspiring to become an actuary and work in the finance sector, then ACET is an exam that helps you to realize the dream. The full form is Actuarial Common Entrance Test. This test is conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) twice every year.
- January 20, 2021: The registrations for ACET March 2021 session starts from today. Visit the ACET Application Form page to apply now. The exam is scheduled to be held on March 27, 2021.
- January 15, 2021: The results for the ACET January 2021 session is released. Candidates can visit the ACET Results page to view the results.
- What is ACET?
- ACET 2021 Exam Date
- ACET 2021 Eligibility
- ACET 2021 Syllabus
- ACET 2021 Exam Pattern
- ACET 2021 Application Form
- ACET 2021 Admit Card
- ACET 2021 Exam Centers
- ACET 2021 Results
- ACET 2021 Cut off Marks
- ACET 2021 Counselling
- How to Prepare for ACET?
- ACET 2021 Reference Books
- Contact Details
What is ACET?
It is a university level examination which is conducted two times in one year. IAI (Institutes of Actuaries of India) is the leading specialist of Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET). Through the ACET 2021 test, you become a student of IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India). At IAI, as you take one test after another, you get the right stuff that makes you a full-fledged actuary. The work of an actuary is to handle risk management in Real Business Problems in finance.
- Change in the structure of ACET Exam: Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) has been conducting the ACET Exam since 2012. There has been a change in the structure of the ACET exam since May 2016. So students are advised to go through ACET exam Structure carefully.
- ACET 2021 Conducting Authority: This test is conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) twice every year. IAI aims at promoting the knowledge and research in all the matters relevant to the Actuarial Science and promoting the status of the Actuarial Profession.
- Allowed Calculators in ACET 2021: Scientific Calculators are allowed in ACET 2021 exam. Calculators that are allowed in the exam are:
- Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
- Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
- Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
No other calculator Model is allowed in the exam. From this list, Casio FX82 (ES/MS), Texas Instruments BA II Plus and Texas Instruments TI-30 are available in India.
- ACET 2021 Exam Frequency: The test is conducted twice a year.
- ACET Results Validity: ACET Exam 2021 Results are valid for three years. Students can register for Student membership within three years.
The ACET Exam is conducted every year. It is a computer-based test and is held online. Candidates who want to be an Actuary and be a member of IAI have to appear for the ACET Exam. Candidates who fit the eligibility criteria for the ACET Exam are allowed to appear for the exam. They can go to the ACET official website and apply for the ACET exam. Interested candidates can find more information about the ACET Exam below.
ACET 2021 Exam Highlights
The following table shows the important highlights of the ACET Exam.
|Exam Name||Actuarial Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body of ACET 2021||IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India)|
|Exams of different levels in IAI after Clearing ACET (Future Actuarial Exams)||Core Technical (CT1 to CT9–Nine Papers), Core Application (CA1 to CA3 – three papers), Specialist Technical (ST0, ST1, ST2, ST4 to ST9) and Specialist Application (SA1 to SA6)|
|ACET 2021 Exam Level||National level|
|Mode||Online( Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
ACET 2021 Exam Date
ACET exam is conducted in multiple sessions in a year, the dates for ACET 2021 January and March session are released by the IAI while the June 2021 is yet to be announced. The ACET 2021 exam dates will be different for both sessions conducted each year.
The dates are as follows for ACET Exam March 2021 session:
|Registration starts||January 20, 2021|
|Last date for registration||February 27, 2021|
|Admit Card Date||March 10, 2021|
|ACET 2021 Exam Date||March 27, 2021|
|Results Date||April 3, 2021|
ACET 2021 Eligibility
The student must have passed 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination with English as one of the subjects at 10 + 2 level. Those who are working or having qualifications in mathematical subjects can take up the exam.
English is a mandatory subject in 12th, the candidates who studied English will only eligible. The students who studied mathematics in their Graduation, post-graduation, engineering, management, CA, CS are also eligible to appear in the examination. Know more about ACET 2021 Eligibility.
ACET 2021 Syllabus
The candidates who will appear for this exam must prepare according to the syllabus given by the institute, students should not study anything extra other than this syllabus because questions will come as per the syllabus. ACET 2021 Syllabus will include the following subjects:
- Data Interpretation
- Logic-based questions
ACET Mathematics Syllabus
Following topics are covered in the mathematics section of ACET Exam.
- Notation and standard functions
- Numerical Methods
ACET Statistics Syllabus
Mentioned below is the ACET Statistics syllabus with subtopics.
- Correlation Coefficient
- Scatter Plots
Types of data
- Statistical Diagrams
- Bar Chart
Permutations and combinations
Measures Of Location
Measures Of Spread
- Interquartile Range
- Standard Deviation
Discrete Random Variables
- Mean, Mode, Median
- Standard Deviation
- Coefficient of Skewness
- Basic Rules Of Probabilities
- Tree Diagrams
- Conditional Probabilities
Continuous Random Variables
- Mean, Mode, Median
- Standard Deviation
- Coefficient of Skewness
- Discrete Uniform
- Continuous Uniform
- Normal Distribution
ACET English Syllabus
The following topics consolidate as the ACET English Syllabus.
- Analogies or Reverse Analogies
- Cloze Passage
- English Usage or Grammar
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Meaning-Usage Match
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Summary Questions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
ACET Data Interpretation Syllabus
Mentioned below is the list of topics from which the ACET Data Interpretation Section is made.
- Bar Graphs
- Column Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
ACET Logical Reasoning Syllabus
Mentioned below is the syllabus of ACET Logical Reasoning Section.
- Binary Logic
- Logical Connectives
- Logical Matching
- Logical Sequence
- Number and Letter Series
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
ACET 2021 Exam Pattern
The aspirants will be attempting the Exam for 3 hours. The exam will incorporate the100 Marks which all are divided into 70 questions. The exam will include two parts – part 1 and part 2. Part 1 will include the subjects of Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation with 55% of the scores. Part 2 will include English and Logical Reasoning with 45% of the scores.
It is one of the most important things that candidates need to know before starting their preparation. Candidates can prepare accordingly.
- Questions Type: The MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) will be asked.
- Exam Mode: The ACET examination will be online (Computer-based) mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- Sections: There will be two sections for ACET 2021.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry different mark for different sections.
- Negative Marking: For 1 mark question, 0.5 marks will be deducted, for 2 marks question, 1 mark will be deducted and for 3 marks question, 1.5 marks will be deducted.
|No. of Questions||Marks|
|45 questions||One mark each|
|20 questions||Two marks each|
|5 questions||Three marks each|
|No. of questions||Marking (for the correct answer)||Negative Marking|
Learn more about ACET Exam Pattern.
ACET 2021 Application Form
The application form will be made available through online mode. Candidates will not be having any other mode of application for the examination.
Candidates will have to upload scanned images of photograph & signature while filling the application form. Candidates will have to fill all the details carefully in the application form and submit it on time. At the last do not forget to take the printout of the ACET Application Form for future use.
Candidates can signup on the official website. Fill up the online registration form and make payment. After getting a confirmation mail at registered email id, students can use ACET login for further communications like Admit card Download, Admission, etc.
The ACET application fee will be paid through credit card/debit card/net banking, payment can be done online. The fee payment for all categories will be INR 3000, including Sample Question Paper, Indicative Solution and Online Exam.
- ACET Candidates will receive a confirmation mail if your photo is correct or not. If your uploaded photo is not correct you will be required to upload a new photo again.
- After successful registration, you will receive a kit of Sample Paper and some preparation material.
- Confirmation of ACET registration and fee payment will also be received via mail. If not received in time connect the ACET authorities immediately.
- Please do not register for ACET using Mobile Phone, only use Laptop or Desktop.
ACET 2021 Admit Card
Those responsible for the announcement of the admit card will make it known to anyone filling the registration form with the payment of the fee. It is going to appear online a week before the exam.
Candidates who have filled the application form and paid a specified fee will be able to download his/her Admit Card/Hall Ticket from the official website. Candidate should retain a copy for future references.
The admit card provided by officials is very useful for getting the admission procedures finished due to its incorporation with details including aspirant’s name, photograph, exam date, and centre, etc. Aspirants have to carry the admit card with them until they are done with the exam. Those not holding hall ticket or call letter will be dismissed from the exam. Aspirants will get access to admit card by producing the required details.
Successfully registered candidates can log in to their account to download their ACET 2021 Admit card. On the login page, you have to enter your registered Email ID and password.
Forgot Password: If you forgot your password, click on the forgot password on the login page. They will ask you to enter your registered email id. After entering registered email id, a link to reset the password will be available on your email id. You can reset your password and login to download your ACET 2021 Hall Ticket.
ACET 2021 Exam Centers
The Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) conducts the Actuarial Common Entrance Test biannually at over 50 different ACET exam centres 2021. ACET 2021 was conducted on June 15th and applicants could appear for the test in different centres across 24 cities in India. This included all of the major metropolitan areas as well as other education hubs. Candidates could select their preferred test centre and city at the time of registration. A change in any of the exam centres or the city is not permitted once it is specified in the admit card.
The documents that a person must carry to the exam hall are given below. Students must carry it, and if anyone fails to carry it, he or she will not be allowed inside the hall. Without these documents, the candidates will not be entertained.
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof
- Passport size photographs
ACET 2021 Result
ACET 2021 Result will be published on the website a few days after the commencement of exams. IAI conducts the national level entrance exam of ACET two times in every year. The candidate who successfully qualifies the entrance test gets admission in various UG Management/Diploma Programmes offered the Institution. The entrance test is conducted for admission into various professional programs in Actuaries.
Results for the ACET 2021 examination will be announced on the official website. Candidates who have appeared for the examination can access their scorecard by logging in to their accounts on the examination portal.
ACET 2021 Result Merit List: ACET 2021 Result Merit List will be available on their official website. This merit list will show how many students have qualified. ACET merit list will have candidate ID and Candidate names of qualified students. Candidates will be called for the counselling process based on the merit list. Candidates will be categorized rank wise.
Steps to check ACET Result
Step 1: Go to the official website of ACET
Step 2: On the home-page, you will find result links of ACET
Step 3: Click on the link of the session you appeared for
Step 4: ACET Merit List PDF will appear in a new tab.
Step 5: Use Ctrl+F key to find your ACET candidate ID in the list, a remark will be written on the last column (Pass/Fail). This will be your result.
Step 6: Download the Merit List/Result PDF for future reference.
ACET 2021 Cut off
To qualify the exam candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in the ACET 2021 entrance examination. The candidates who will score the marks equal or above then the cut-off marks will further be called for Counselling or admission procedure. The ACET 2021 cutoff will be declared post-exam. Students who will clear the cutoff will get their names in the ACET 2021 Merit List. Following are the factors on which the ACET Cutoff will depend:
- Number of Candidates appearing for ACET
- The difficulty level of ACET Paper
- Number of Seats Available
- Difficulty Level of the Previous Exam of the Same Cycle
ACET 2021 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates must attend the Counselling Session and an Interview 10 days after the merit list will be displayed. The exact schedule for the ACET Counselling session will be informed separately, based on the performance in the written test. The students have to bring along with them the Statement of Purpose (SOP), certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
The seats in the various programs will be allotted based on merit - the ranking of the student and subject to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the program. The merit ranking is compiled at the end of each admission cycle. If the seats remain vacant another admission cycle is announced. The merit – ranking is arrived at by calculating the average of the score in the specified entrance test and the score of the personal interview.
- Students who will qualify 9 January 2021 ACET exam: Such students can register for student membership. For more details click on ACET 2021 Important Dates. After getting student membership, Students need to activate their account and choose what subjects they want to appear in for next exam in IAI.
- Students who will qualify June 2021 ACET Exam: Such students can register for student membership. For more details click on ACET 2021 Important Dates. After getting student membership, Students need to activate their account and choose what subjects they want to appear in for the next exam.
- A candidate can't claim a seat if he/she fails to attend the counselling process.
- ACET Candidate will be required to submit fee against admission and the first semester in stipulated time else the seat allotment will become void.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Photo ID Proof (Passport, Pan Card, School/College Id Proof)
- 10th Mark Sheet
- Date of Birth ID Proof (Pan Card, Birth Certificate, School/College Leaving Certificate, Passport)
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Name Change Document (If valid)
- Score Card/Result
- ACET Admit Card
- Community/Reservation Certificate (If applicable.)
How to Prepare for ACET?
The candidate should be well versed in the ACET pattern and types of questions that will appear in the exam. And must be thorough with the ACET 2021 syllabus and topics to grasp the subject matter for the exam.
The candidate is advised to go through many practice problems in the subject areas listed under the ACET syllabus. This can be done through the help of the reference books recommended by IAI. The candidate must practice from the ACET 2021 sample paper after registration for the test. The answer key for the questions will also be provided after registration.
ACET 2021 Reference Books
You can find a lot of great ACET study material online. The following books are available on almost every shopping website and these are easily available on common book shops.
|Name of ACET Reference Book||Publication/Author|
|Challenging Mathematical Problems with Elementary Solutions||A.M. Yaglom & I.M. Yaglom|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren & Martin|
|How to Prepare for VARC for CAT||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|Problem Solving Strategies||Arthur Engel|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||Abhijit Guha|
|Test of Mathematics at Ten Plus Two Level (TOMATO)||Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)|
|Word Power Made Easy||Normal Lewis|
Contact DetailsINSTITUTE OF ACTUARIES OF INDIA
Unit no. F-206, 2nd Floor, 'F' Wing in Tower 2
Seawoods Grand Central, Plot no R-1,
Sector 40, Seawoods,
Near Seawoods Railway Station,
Navi Mumbai - 400 706 Boardline: +91 - 22 - 39686060
Fax: +91-22 – 39686050