Latest Update: Due to the health concerns posed by the spread of COVID-19, the IAI has decided to stop the ongoing registrations for ACET 2020. The examination will now be held in September 2020 and the registrations for the same will begin on July 11, 2020.
Find the notification about the same and the detailed schedule of ACET 2020 below.
Aspiring to become an actuary and work in the finance sector, then ACET is an exam that helps you to realize the dream. The full form is Actuarial Common Entrance Test. This test is conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) twice every year.
- What is ACET?
- ACET 2020 Exam Date
- ACET 2020 Eligibility
- ACET 2020 Syllabus
- ACET 2020 Exam Pattern
- ACET 2020 Application Form
- ACET 2020 Admit Card
- ACET 2020 Exam Centers
- ACET 2020 Results
- ACET 2020 Cut off Marks
- ACET 2020 Counselling
- How to Prepare for ACET?
- Contact Details
What is ACET?
It is a university level examination which is conducted two times in one year. IAI (Institutes of Actuaries of India) is the leading specialist of Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET). Through the ACET 2020 test, you become a student of IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India). At IAI, as you take one test after another, you get the right stuff that makes you a full-fledged actuary. The work of an actuary is to handle risk management in Real Business Problems in finance.
- Change in the structure of ACET Exam: Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) has been conducting the ACET Exam since 2012. There has been a change in the structure of the ACET exam since May 2016. So students are advised to go through ACET exam Structure carefully.
- ACET 2020 Conducting Authority: This test is conducted by the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) twice every year. IAI aims at promoting the knowledge and research in all the matters relevant to the Actuarial Science and promoting the status of the Actuarial Profession.
- Allowed Calculators in ACET 2020: Scientific Calculators are allowed in ACET 2020 exam. Calculators that are allowed in the exam are:
- Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
- Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
- Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
No other calculator Model is allowed in the exam. From this list, Casio FX82 (ES/MS), Texas Instruments BA II Plus and Texas Instruments TI-30 are available in India.
- ACET 2020 Exam Frequency: The test is conducted twice a year.
- IAI Online Admission Process: ACET qualified students need to follow further online admission process.
- Students who will qualify 23rd June 2020 ACET exam: Such students can register for student membership from 12th July to 24th July 2020. After getting student membership, students need to activate their account and choose what subjects they want to appear in for September 2020 exam in IAI.
- Students who will qualify 15th December 2020 ACET Exam: Such students can register for student membership from 4th January to 24th January 2020. For more details click on ACET 2020 Important Dates. After getting student membership, students need to activate their account and choose what subjects they want to appear in for March 2020 exam in IAI.
- ACET Results Validity: ACET Exam 2020 Results are valid for three years. Students can register for Student membership within three years.
ACET 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Actuarial Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body of ACET 2020||IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India)|
|Exams of different levels in IAI after Clearing ACET (Future Actuarial Exams)||Core Technical (CT1 to CT9–Nine Papers), Core Application (CA1 to CA3 – three papers), Specialist Technical (ST0, ST1, ST2, ST4 to ST9) and Specialist Application (SA1 to SA6)|
|ACET 2020 Exam Level||National level|
|ACET 2020 Exam Date||September 29, 2020|
|Mode||Online( Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
ACET 2020 Exam Date
Candidates have to understand that these dates are tentative and they may be subjected to change once if the official notification is out. The ACET 2020 exam dates will be different for both sessions conducted each year. The expected dates are as follows:
|Registration starts||July 11, 2020|
|Last date for registration||To be announced|
|ACET 2020 Exam Date||September 29, 2020 to October 9, 2020|
|Admit Card Date||To be announced|
|Results Date||To be announced|
ACET 2020 Eligibility
The student must have passed 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination with English as one of the subjects at 10 + 2 level. Those who are working or having qualifications in mathematical subjects can take up the exam.
English is a mandatory subject in 12th, the candidates who studied English will only eligible. The students who studied mathematics in their Graduation, post-graduation, engineering, management, CA, CS are also eligible to appear in the examination. Know more about ACET 2020 Eligibility.
ACET 2020 Syllabus
The candidates who will appear for this exam must prepare according to the syllabus given by the institute, students should not study anything extra other than this syllabus because questions will come as per the syllabus. ACET 2020 Syllabus will include the following subjects:
- Data Interpretation
- Logic-based questions
ACET 2020 Exam Pattern
The aspirants will be attempting the Exam for 3 hours. The exam will incorporate the100 Marks which all are divided into 70 questions. The exam will include two parts – part 1 and part 2. Part 1 will include the subjects of Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation with 55% of the scores. Part 2 will include English and Logical Reasoning with 45% of the scores.
It is one of the most important things that candidates need to know before starting their preparation. Candidates can prepare accordingly.
- Questions Type: The MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) will be asked.
- Exam Mode: The ACET examination will be online (Computer-based) mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- Sections: There will be two sections for ACET 2020.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry different mark for different sections.
- Negative Marking: For 1 mark question, 0.5 marks will be deducted, for 2 marks question, 1 mark will be deducted and for 3 marks question, 1.5 marks will be deducted.
|No. of Questions||Marks|
|45 questions||One mark each|
|20 questions||Two marks each|
|5 questions||Three marks each|
|No. of questions||Marking (for the correct answer)||Negative Marking|
Learn more about ACET Exam Pattern.
ACET 2020 Application Form
The application form will be made available through online mode. Candidates will not be having any other mode of application for the examination.
Candidates will have to upload scanned images of photograph & signature while filling the application form. Candidates will have to fill all the details carefully in the application form and submit it on time. At the last do not forget to take the printout of the ACET Application Form for future use.
Candidates can signup on the official website. Fill up the online registration form and make payment. After getting a confirmation mail at registered email id, students can use ACET login for further communications like Admit card Download, Admission, etc.
The ACET application fee will be paid through credit card/debit card/net banking, payment can be done online. The fee payment for all categories will be Rs. 3000/-, including Sample Question Paper, Indicative Solution and Online Exam.
ACET 2020 Admit Card
Those responsible for the announcement of admit card will make it known to anyone filling the registration form with the payment of the fee. It is going to appear online a week before the exam.
Candidates who have filled the application form and paid a specified fee will be able to download his/ her Admit Card/ Hall Ticket from the official website. Candidate should retain a copy for future references.
The admit card provided by officials is very useful for getting the admission procedures finished due to its incorporation with details including aspirant’s name, photograph, exam date, and centre, etc. Aspirants have to carry the admit card with them until they are done with the exam. Those not holding hall ticket or call letter will be dismissed from the exam.
Aspirants will get access to admit card by producing the required details.
Successfully registered candidates can log in to their account to download their ACET 2020 Admit card. On the login page, you have to enter your registered Email ID and password.
Forgot Password: If you forgot your password, click on forgot password on the login page. They will ask you to enter your registered email id. After entering registered email id, a link to reset the password will be available on your email id. You can reset your password and login to download your ACET 2020 Hall Ticket.
ACET 2020 Exam Centers
The Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) conducts the Actuarial Common Entrance Test biannually at over 50 different ACET exam centres 2020. ACET 2020 was conducted on June 15th and applicants could appear for the test in different centres across 24 cities in India. This included all of the major metropolitan areas as well as other education hubs. Candidates could select their preferred test centre and city at the time of registration. A change in any of the exam centres or the city is not permitted once it is specified in the admit card.
The documents that a person must carry to the exam hall are given below. Students must carry it, and if anyone fails to carry it, he or she will not be allowed inside the hall. Without these documents, the candidates will not be entertained.
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof
- Passport size photographs
ACET 2020 Result
ACET 2020 Result will be published on the website a few days after the commencement of exams. IAI conducts the national level entrance exam of ACET two times in every year. The candidate who successfully qualifies the entrance test gets admission in various UG Management/Diploma Programmes offered the Institution. The entrance test is conducted for admission into various professional programs in Actuaries.
- ACET 2020 Result Date: Results for the ACET 2020 examination will be announced on the official website. Candidates who have appeared for the examination can access their scorecard by logging in to their accounts on the examination portal.
- ACET 2020 Result Merit List: ACET 2020 Result Merit List will be available on their official website. This merit list will show how many students have qualified. ACET merit list will have candidate ID and Candidate name of qualified students. Candidates will be called for the counselling process based on the merit list. Candidates will be categorized rank wise.
ACET 2020 Cut off
To qualify the exam candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks in the ACET 2020 entrance examination. The candidates who will score the marks equal or above then the cut-off marks will further be called for Counselling or admission procedure.
ACET 2020 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates must attend the Counselling Session and an Interview 10 days after the merit list will be displayed. The exact schedule for the ACET Counselling session will be informed separately, based on the performance in the written test. The students have to bring along with them the Statement of Purpose (SOP), certificates of extracurricular activities if any.
The seats in the various programs will be allotted based on merit - the ranking of the student and subject to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the program. The merit ranking is compiled at the end of each admission cycle. If the seats remain vacant another admission cycle is announced. The merit – ranking is arrived at by calculating the average of the score in the specified entrance test and the score of the personal interview.
- Students who will qualify 23rd June 2020 ACET exam: Such students can register for student membership from 12th July to 24th July 2020. For more details click on ACET 2020 Important Dates. After getting student membership, Students need to activate their account and choose what subjects they want to appear in for September 2020 exam in IAI.
- Students who will qualify 15th December 2020 ACET Exam: Such students can register for student membership from 4th January to 24th January 2020. For more details click on ACET 2020 Important Dates. After getting student membership, Students need to activate their account and choose what subjects they want to appear in for March 2020 exam in IAI.
- Note: A candidate can't claim a seat if he/she fails to attend the counselling process.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Photo ID Proof (Passport, Pan Card, School/College Id Proof)
- 10th Mark Sheet
- Date of Birth ID Proof (Pan Card, Birth Certificate, School/College Leaving Certificate, Passport)
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Name Change Document (If valid)
How to Prepare for ACET?
The candidate should be well versed with the ACET pattern and types of questions which will appear in the exam. And must be thorough with the ACET 2020 syllabus and topics to grasp the subject matter for the exam.
The candidate is advised to go through many practice problems in the subject areas listed under the ACET syllabus. This can be done through the help of the reference books recommended by IAI. The candidate must practice from the ACET 2020 sample paper after registration for the test. The answer key for the questions will also be provided after registration.
Contact DetailsINSTITUTE OF ACTUARIES OF INDIA
Unit no. F-206, 2nd Floor, 'F' Wing in Tower 2
Seawoods Grand Central, Plot no R-1,
Sector 40, Seawoods,
Near Seawoods Railway Station,
Navi Mumbai - 400 706
Boardline: +91 - 22 - 39686060
Fax: +91-22 – 39686050