Top NIT colleges in India 2023 as per NIRF ranking 2023 are NIT Trichy, NIT Surathkal, and NIT Rourkela. As of 2023, the total count of NIT institutes in India is 31.
The total number of NIT Colleges in India 2023 is 31. According to the NIRF ranking 2023, some of the top NIT colleges include NIT Trichy, NIT Surathkal, NIT Rourkela, and NIT Warangal to name a few.
The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are self-governing engineering institutes and have been listed as institutes of national interest since 2007. Specializing in technology, the institutes dedicate multiple departments to engineering, including but not limited to civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, computer science and engineering, and electronics and instrumentation engineering.
Table of Contents
- List of NIT Colleges in India 2023
- NIT Seat Availablity
- Programs Offered by NITs in India 2023
- Engineering Course Specializations at NITs in India
- Entrance Exams for NIT Admissions
- Cutoffs at NIT for UG and PG Courses
- Placement Details of NITs in India
List of NIT Colleges in India 2023
Given below is the list of the NIT colleges in India with their NIRF rankings for the year 2023 and 2022.
|Name of NIT||NIRF Rank 2023||NIRF Rank 2022|
|NIT Manipur||95||Not Ranked|
|NIT Nagpur||Not Ranked||32|
|NIT Jaipur||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Allahabad||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Surat||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Jalandhar||Not Ranked||52|
|NIT Bhopal||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Jamshedpur||Not Ranked||90|
|NIT Hamirpur||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Puducherry||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Arunachal Pradesh||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Mizoram||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Nagaland||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Sikkim||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Uttarakhand||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
|NIT Andhra Pradesh||Not Ranked||Not Ranked|
NIT Seat Availablity
Refer to the following table to know the number of B.Tech seats available at top NITs in India 2023.
|NIT Name||B.Tech Seats|
|NIT Arunachal Pradesh||190|
|NIT Andhra Pradesh||487|
Programs Offered by NITs
NITs are the most notable engineering colleges in India following the IITs. They offer numerous undergraduate and postgraduate programs, and access to most of the programs is entrance-based. The most famous undergraduate programs are B.Tech and B.Arch, while MBA and M.Tech are the conventional postgraduate programs.
|Undergraduate Programs||Postgraduate Programs|
|B.Tech M.Tech Dual Degree||MBA|
|B.Sc M.Sc Dual Degree||-|
Engineering Course Specializations at NITs in India
NITs offer established engineering programs such as B.Tech and M.Tech qualifications over India. Furthermore, NITs also provide five years of dual credit programs in different disciplines. There are three NITs in India 2023, NIT Trichy, NIT Allahabad, and NIT Rourkela, which offer MBA or BBA. Few NITs also allow five years B. Arch and four-year BSc degrees. Here is a listing of recommended B.Tech Courses proposed at NITs.
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Production Engineering
Entrance Exams for NIT Admissions
For admission in NITs, aspirants must take multiple entry tests for various UG and PG level programs. For B.Tech courses, applicants are allowed by the JEE Main exam. The NIT in India 2023 also contribute M.Tech, MBA, Ph.D., and dual degree programs with varying specializations. The recommended entrance exams for admission to various educational programs submitted by NITs are recorded below.
Cutoffs at NIT for UG and PG Courses
Access to B.Tech programs at NIT is administered by the JoSAA counseling rule, based on the AIR rank obtained in JEE Main. NIT gives admission to M.Tech programs based on the number received in the GATE exam, while CCMT handles seat allocation. The cut-offs for both are given below.
JEE Mains Cutoff List 2023
JEE is the most widely attempted engineering entrance exam in India. It is the gateway to many engineering colleges such as the IITs and the NITs. JEE Mains cut-offs are the primary method for admission to undergraduate programs at NITs. Students can check the JEE Main Qualifying Marks 2023 for session 2 paper 1 in the table below.
Gate Exam Cutoff List 2023
The GATE score is helpful for candidates attempting to pursue postgraduate programs from NITs. For admission to M.Tech, M.Sc, etc., all candidates must have qualified with a high enough GATE score. Applicants can check the paper-wise GATE qualifying marks 2023 for general category below.
|Paper Name||GATE 2023 Qualifying Marks|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||28.4|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||25|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||29.9|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||32.10|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||26.8|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||32.5|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||34.8|
|Engineering Sciences (XE)||37.9|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||42.6|
Placement Details of NITs in India
NITs maintain an uncompromising standard, the one who wishes to get in need to put their best to get into the best for the best career in life. This can be observed from the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) constant final placement period, where students have obtained more offers and greater payrolls this year compared to the previous year.
- Microsoft has been one of the topmost campus recruiters, especially at NITs; hiring is said to be big compared to preceding cycles.
- Microsoft has made the highest proposal of Rs 39.02 lakh per annum on this campus this time so far. The average salary has proceeded up to INR 11.63 lakh.
- Much of the requirement is for profiles in business analytics, coding, and software development. Fewer businesses from the automobile and FMCG sectors also have attended the campus this year. There is a drop-down of such firms due to financial contortion in the country.
- Amazon and Salesforce were the top recruiters at MNIT-Jaipur this season. Other companies that toured for recruitment for the first participation were Credence, QuadEye Security, Lowe's, Wissen, Nokia, Incture, PharmEasy, ATCS, Toshiba, Cartesian Consulting, and IBM.
- Until today's date, students who remained for placements at NIT-Calicut (Kozhikode) accepted 460 offers compared with 384 at this time last year. Cisco, Amazon, Arcesium, SAP, Qualcomm, Oracle, and AppDynamics were amongst the best recruiters.
At NIT-Warangal, the most distinguished pay offered was INR 43.33 lakh, and the average pay was INR 12.87 lakh. Some of the top recruiters that hire students from NIT campuses are mentioned below.
|Juniper||Ernst & Young||Yahoo!|
|India Oil||Toyota||Murugappa Group|
|Jindal||Mecon Limited||IXAR Group|