The IIT JAM opening and closing ranks 2023 are the ranks through which the admissions are offered in the participating institutions. IIT Guwahati has released the IIT JAM 2023 opening & closing ranks for the second admission list.
IIT JAM opening and closing rank 2023 of second admission list has been declared by IIT Guwahati on June 15, 2023. The opening rank implies the first student who gets admission in that branch and the closing rank means the last student to get admission in that branch as per rank in JEE Mains. The opening & closing ranks for IIT JAM are released in 4 rounds.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank 2023
- IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank for Previous Years
- Understanding Qualifying Cutoff vs Admission Cutoff for IIT JAM
- Factors Determining IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank 2023
- IIT JAM Rank and Merit List 2023
- IIT JAM Counselling Process
IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank 2023
The links to IIT JAM opening and closing 2023 ranks for first, second, and third admission lists are provided here.
|IIT JAM Admission List 2023||Direct Link|
|IIT JAM First Admission List 2023||Click Here|
|IIT JAM Second Admission List 2023||Click Here|
|IIT Third Admission List 2023||To be Announced|
The opening rank is essentially the first candidate to get admission, while the closing score is the last candidate to get admission. With IIT JAM opening and closing rank 2023, eligible candidates can apply for the Postgraduate and Integrated PhD program in the M.Sc at IITs and other colleges accepting JAM scores.
IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank for Previous Years
For 2022, the authorities released 4 admission lists in the form of first, second, third and final admission IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank lists. The listings were declared in a category, colleges and course-wise format.
|Year of JAM Cutoff for IIT||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|2022||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|2020||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||-|
|2019||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||-|
Moreover, the PDF links contain details such as zone name, degree, course name, category-wise IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank 2023, paper code and course ID.
Understanding Qualifying Cutoff vs Admission Cutoff for IIT JAM
IIT JAM has a qualifying and an admission cutoff; candidates can check the difference between both to apply for admission.
- The minimum percentile of candidates required to be selected for the IIT JAM 2022 selection process is referred to as the qualifying cutoff.
- Admission is not guaranteed upon meeting the qualifying cutoff score. Before the exam, the university uploads the cutoff.
- Candidates who do not meet the cutoff will not be considered for the preparation of the merit list.
- In contrast, candidates must achieve the IIT JAM 2022 admission cutoff to be considered for participating institutes.
- Admission is guaranteed if the admission cutoff is achieved.
Factors Determining IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank 2023
As the factors vary every year for determining the opening and closing rank, applicants can check the standards that determine the IIT JAM opening and closing rank 2023 below.
- Criteria for Reservation: Compared to candidates from General/Open categories, candidates from reserved categories like SC, ST, PwD, and EWS typically have a lower cutoff.
- The Number of Applicants: The IIT JAM exam Cut Off is higher when there are more applicants, and vice versa.
- The Number of Seats: The cutoffs are directly influenced by the number of seats offered by the institutions and are linked to the number of applicants taking the exam. IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank 2023 will likely be high if more applicants for the IIT JAM than seats are available and vice versa.
Read More: IIT JAM Seats 2023
IIT JAM Rank and Merit List 2023
The All India Rank is given to qualified candidates for each test paper based on the candidate's performance. A separate IIT JAM Merit List 2023 is created for each candidate based on their AIR ranking.
- A merit list is created based on the total number of seats available by category across all institutions.
- Admission is open to all applicants whose names are on the All India Merit list. The applicant's category on the application is used to determine their AIR.
- On June 15, 2023, the IIT JAM 2023 second admission list has been released. Only applicants who have passed the test will be eligible for admission.
IIT JAM Counselling Process
Through the IIT JAM Counseling Process, seats will be allocated to candidates who pass the exam. The seats will be allocated through a Single Window System (SWS) in the various colleges that are a part of the IIT JAM. During this cycle, competitors should pick those universities or courses they can join if and when they will get the seat. Candidates can check the important factors of the counselling process:
- IIT JAM Application Form
- Publication of IIT JAM Admission List (IIT JAM Opening and Closing Rank 2023)
- Accept and Freeze
- Accept and Upgrade
- Reject and Quit
- Securing a seat