IISc has released the IIT JAM 2022 Application Form on the official website on Aug 25, 2021, and the last date to apply is Oct 11, 2021. Candidates should read and go through the instructions carefully before applying for the IIT JAM 2022 Exam. This section contains all the details regarding the IIT JAM 2022 application process, such as registration dates, requirements for documents uploading, registration fee, the registration fee for adding a test paper, and change in category and gender, and details required to fill the application form. Aspirants must check IIT JAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria before proceeding with the application process.
Candidates should have scanned photographs and signatures in a specified format. Candidates can apply only through the online mode for IIT JAM 2022. After filling Application Form, all candidates have to pay a registration fee online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking).
Note: Candidates have to visit the exam hall at least a day before the IIT JAM 2022 Exam Date to get familiar with the route.
- IIT JAM 2022 Application Form Date
- How to apply for IIT JAM 2022 Online?
- Documents required for IIT JAM Application Form 2022
- IIT JAM 2022 Registration Fee
- IIT JAM Application Form Correction
- How to check IIT JAM Application Status 2022
- What If I forget the IIT JAM Password or Enrolment ID?
- IIT JAM 2022 Application Form FAQs
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form Date
The table below represents the official dates for the IIT JAM Application Form 2022. Candidates must ensure that they are eligible for the IIT JAM 2022 Exam before filling up the application form. Failing to do so will result in the candidates being deemed ineligible for the exam, and the application form will be considered invalid.
|Start date of JAM 2022 application form||Aug 25, 2021|
|IIT JAM application form last date||Oct 11, 2021|
|JAM 2022 application form correction||December 2021|
|Last date of the JAM application form correction||December 2021|
|JAM Admit Card release||January 2022|
|JAM 2022 Entrance Exam||Feb 13, 2022|
How to apply for IIT JAM 2022 Online?
Candidates will be able to apply online for IIT JAM 2022 by following the steps given below. Candidates facing difficulties while filling the forms online can contact the authorities immediately. Check the steps mentioned below for how to apply for IIT JAM 2022.
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM.
- For the IIT JAM application form login, enter the details like the candidate's name, date of birth, email-ID, mobile number, and password.
Step-2: Fill the IIT JAM Online Application
- Once the registration gets completed, candidates have to log in at JOAPS by entering the email id or enrollment id and password.
- Edit the application form using login credentials.
- Click on the link which says Edit Application Form.
- Enter the details- name, date of birth & address.
- Select the JAM Papers for which the candidates are appearing.
- Select the JAM exam centres
- Fill in the educational details
Step-3: Upload Photograph & Signature
- Candidates will have to upload their scanned photograph & signature as per the specifications provided.
- Cross-verify the details in the application form.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
- Pay the JAM application fee in online mode through debit/credit card/net banking.
- Once the payment gets done, candidates will get confirmation regarding the fee payment.
Step 5: Take the printout of the form
- Candidates should take 2-3 copies of the application form for future references.
Documents required for IIT JAM Application Form 2022
Candidates will get updates regarding the application form dates on the official web portal. Following documents are required while filling the IIT JAM Application Form 2022.
- Applicant form needs personal information such as name, date of birth, mobile number, guardians name, etc. Please note that an application form should have the same applicant name as mentioned in the qualifying degree. JAM 2022 Score Card will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with the PIN code
- JAM papers
- Choice of JAM Examination cities
- Upload a high-quality image and signature as per the specifications.
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) (This ID proof, in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
Document Specification for IIT JAM Online Application
The conducting authorities will soon notify about the IIT JAM 2022 application form dates on the official site. The following documents should be uploaded while filling the application the specified format is given below:
|Photograph||3.5 cm width * 4.5 cm height||5 KB to 200 KB||JPG/ JPEG|
|Signature||2 cm height * 7 cm width||5 KB to 100 KB||JPG/ JPEG|
Web Browser Required to Complete IIT JAM Application Process
- Candidates must fill the IIT JAM application forms using the web browser mentioned below. Aspirants using any of these browsers will not face any technical issues and can fill the application form without any difficulty.
- Google Chrome (3.0)
- Mozilla (3.0 and above)
- Internet Explorer (8 and above)
IIT JAM 2022 Registration Fee
The registration fee for candidates varies depending on the category of a candidate and the number of tests he/she will attend (There is a maximum of 2 test papers a candidate can take). Aspirants must check the fee structure for the various category, and test papers below:
|Test Paper I||Test Paper I & II|
|General/ OBC||INR 750||INR 1050|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 1500||INR 2100|
IIT JAM Application Form Correction
Candidates can make corrections in the forms through the IIT JAM application correction window facility. Aspirants can add or change the test paper/exam centres or gender/category change by paying the registration fee as described below.
Registration Fee for adding a Test Paper
Aspirants who wish to give an additional test or to change a current paper must pay extra money. The candidates have to pay the additional amount based on the category and actions the aspirant wants to take. Check the details regarding adding or changing a paper below.
|Group/ Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Case||Additional Fee(INR)||Case||Additional Fee(INR)|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||INR 750||One Test Paper||INR 300|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||INR 300||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||INR 1050|
|All Others||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||INR 1500||One Test Paper||INR 600|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||INR 600||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||INR 2100|
Registration Fee for change in Category and Gender
If and when a candidate makes a mistake while entering the category and gender, he/she gets a chance to correct it by paying an additional amount of money. Check the details that a candidate should know below:
|Existing Gender/ Category||Changes||Case||Additional Fee|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PWD(Group - 1)||Within Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL|
|To Group-2||One Test Paper||INR 750|
|Both Papers||INR 1050|
|All Others (Group - 2)||To Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL*|
For IIT JAM Exam Centre Change
Candidates are not permitted to change their test centres in the IIT JAM application form. However, test centres can get changes only under exceptional situations by paying a fee of INR 500. The authorities will process this request only if provided with valid proof.
How to check IIT JAM Application Status 2022
Aspirants, after submission of the forms, can view their IIT Jam application form status. The authorities will notify the candidates via mail after the application form submission on the official web portal. Candidates must follow the required steps to check the application status.
Step-1: Vist the JOAPS official portal.
Step-2: Candidates must enter valid login credentials like enrolment ID and password.
Step-3: Hit the Submit button.
Step-4: Candidates must click on the Admission Status tab.
Step-5: Aspirants can now check the IIT Jam 2022 application form status.
How to Retrieve IIT JAM Password or Enrolment ID?
Candidates might forget their IIT JAM enrolment ID and passwords while filling the forms. Therefore, candidates must be careful while filling the forms. Following are the steps mentioned for retrieving the enrollment ID and passwords.
How to Retrieve a JAM 2022 Password?
Following are the steps to retrieve IIT JAM 2022 password:
- Click on the Forgot Enrollment ID or Password on the JOAPS login window.
- Click on OTP request and rest your password.
- Enter details like mail ID, contact number, and enrollment ID.
- Hit Send OTP option.
- Create a new password.
- Enter enrollment ID, OPT, and new password created.
- Now, save the new password.
How to Retrieve JAM 2022 Enrollment ID
Following are the steps to retrieve IIT JAM 2022 enrollment ID:
- Click on the Forgot Enrollment ID or Password on the JOAPS login window.
- Candidates should set the new enrolment ID through the registered contact number.
- Enter mail ID and contact number.
- Hit the Send Enrolment ID option.
IIT JAM 2022 Application Form FAQs
Q1: Can B.Tech students apply for IIT JAM?
A: IIT JAM is an admission test for the science stream graduated students. So, B.Tech students can also apply for the exam.
Q2: How many students are applied for IIT JAM 2022?
A: A total of 73,360 candidates registered for the exam, out of which 62,654 IIT JAM total applicants appeared for the exam.
Q3: What is the fee for the general category filling the IIT JAM MCA application form?
A: For the general category, it is INR 1500 for one test paper and INR 2100 for two test papers.
Q4: When will the IIT JAM chemistry application form release?
A: Authorities will release the IT JAM chemistry application form on the official website.
Q5: Can I make corrections to the IIT JAM biotechnology application form?
A: Yes, aspirants can make corrections through the application correction window facility.