- The JOAPS Portal will remain open until December 16, 2020, for candidates who want to make changes in their exam centre preferences in the IIT JAM 2021 Application Form.
IISc has released the IIT JAM 2021 Application Form on September 10, 2020. Candidates should also make sure to read and go through the instructions that are given carefully before applying for the IIT JAM #year Exam. This section contains all the details regarding IIT JAM 2021 application process such as registration dates, requirements for documents uploading, registration fee, the registration fee for adding a test paper and change in category and gender and details required to fill the application form. Aspirants need to check IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria before proceeding with the application process of IITJAM 2021 exam.
Candidates should have scanned photograph and signature in a specified format. Candidates can apply through only online mode for IIT JAM 2021. After filling Application Form all candidates have to pay a registration fee online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking).
Note: Candidates have to visit the exam hall at least a day before the IIT JAM Exam Date to get familiar with the route.
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form Date
The table below represents the official dates for the IIT JAM Application Form 2021. Candidates must ensure that they are eligible for the IIT JAM 2021 Exam prior to filling up the application form. Failing to do so will result in the candidates to be deemed ineligible for the exam, and the application form will be considered invalid.
|Start date of JAM 2021 application form||September 10, 2020|
|IIT JAM application form last date||October 17, 2020 (Closed)|
|JAM 2021 application form correction||November 2|
|Last date of JAM application form correction||November 10|
|JAM Admit Card release||January 11, 2020|
|JAM 2021 Entrance Exam||February 14, 2021|
How to apply for IIT JAM Online?
Candidates will be able to apply online for IIT JAM by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM. Enter the details which are asked like name of the candidate, date of birth, email-id, mobile number and password.
- Step 2: Fill the IIT JAM Online Application
- Once the registration is completed, candidates have to login at JOAPS by entering the email id or enrollment id and password.
- Edit the IIM JAM application form using login credentials.
- Click on the link which says 'Edit Application Form'.
- Enter the details- name, date of birth & address.
- Select the JAM Papers for which the candidates want to appear for.
- Select the JAM exam centres
- Fill the educational details
- Step 3: Upload Photograph & Signature
- Candidates will have to upload their scanned photograph & signature as per the specifications provided.
- Cross-verify the details in the application form.
- Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
- Pay the JAM application fee in online mode through debit/credit card/net banking.
- Once the payment is done, candidates will get the confirmation regarding the payment is completed.
- Step 5: Take the printout of the Form
- Candidates are advised to take 2-3 copies of the form for future references.
The registration fee for candidates varies depending on the category of a candidate and the number of tests he/she is gonna attend (There is a maximum of 2 test papers a candidate can take). The fee structure for various category and test papers is given below:
|General/ OBC||INR 750||INR 1050|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 1500||INR 2100|
|Test Paper I||Test Paper I & II|
Registration Fee for Adding a Test Paper
If a student wants to attend an additional test or wishes to change a current paper then a candidate has to pay extra money. Additional amount that candidates have to pay varies based on category and an action aspirant wants to take. Details regarding adding or changing a paper are given below.
|Group/ Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Case||Additional Fee(INR)||Case||Additional Fee(INR)|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||INR 750||One Test Paper||INR 300|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||INR 300||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||INR 1050|
|All Others||One Test Paper||One Test Paper||INR 1500||One Test Paper||INR 600|
|Two Test Papers||Any One Test Paper||INR 600||Not Applicable|
|Both Papers||INR 2100|
Registration Fee for Change in Category and Gender
If and when a candidate makes a mistake while entering category and gender, he/she will be given a chance to correct the mistake by paying an additional amount of money. Details that a candidate should know is given below:
|Existing Gender/ Category||Changes||Case||Additional Fee|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/PWD(Group - 1)||Within Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL|
|To Group-2||One Test Paper||INR 750|
|Both Papers||INR 1050|
|All Others (Group - 2)||To Group-1||One or Two Test Paper(s)||NIL*|
Documents required for IIT JAM Application Form 2021
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that name of a candidate in an application form must exactly be the same as per the qualifying degree certificate. JAM 2021 Score Card will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before a name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with the PIN code
- JAM paper/s
- Choice of JAM Examination cities
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good-quality image of the candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) (This ID proof, in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
Document Specification for IIT JAM Online Application
The following documents should be uploaded while filling the application, the specified format is given below:
- Resolution: 3.5 cm width * 4.5 cm height
- Size: 5 KB to 200 KB
- Format: jpg/ jpeg
- Resolution: 2 cm height * 7 cm width
- Size: 5 KB to 100 KB
- Format: jpg/ jpeg