IIT JAM 2022 is a popular exam conducted by IIT Kanpur through online mode for all the aspirants. Candidates must refer to the IIT JAM Books for preparation. IIT JAM Syllabus shares a common syllabus with other engineering entrance exams. Hence, a student preparing for IIT JAM 2022 Exam can take other entrance exams for other reputed colleges. For details about the various reference books, candidates must read the full article below.
- IIT JAM 2022 Mathematics Books
- IIT JAM 2022 Biotechnology Books
- IIT JAM 2022 Physics Books
- IIT JAM Chemistry Books
- IIT JAM Geology Books
- IIT JAM Mathematical Statistical Reference Books
- IIT JAM Biological Science Reference Books
- IIT JAM 2022 MCA Books
- IIT JAM 2022 General Preparation Tips
IIT JAM 2022 Mathematics Books
Candidates can check the names of the books with their author names. Some other best books for IIT JAM mathematics are listed below.
- Linear Algebra: Seymour Lipschitz (Schaum’s), H. Anton, A.R.Vasishtha.
- Ordinary Differential Equation: Peter J. Collins, G.F. Simmons, M.D. Raisinghania.
- Principle of Real Analysis: S. C. Malik.
- Real Analysis: H. L. Royden.
- Modern Algebra: A. R. Vasishtha 8. University Algebra: N. S. Gopalakrishnan.
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics: Erwin Kreyszig
- Vector Calculus: Murray R. Spiegel (Schaum’s), A.R.Vasishtha
IIT JAM Preparation Tips for Mathematics
Candidates before the IIT JAM exam 2022 must look at the preparation tips below to secure good marks. The following tips will help aspirants study various topics and sub-topics for the exam.
- Mathematics requires good practice. Candidates should solve every question on the notebooks.
- Candidates must do a thorough study of all the questions from each unit.
- Candidates should practice Differential Calculus effectively as based on the last five year's trend this topic carries the highest weightage.
- Candidates should try to solve questions timely and should practice more for questions taking extra time.
- Candidates must practice various mock tests, previous year’s question papers, sample papers to secure higher marks.
IIT JAM 2022 Biotechnology Books
Candidates can check below the biotechnology books for the IIT JAM exam with the author names for each of the books. Aspirants must also refer to the IIT JAM biotechnology books PDF. Some other books IIT JAM biotechnology books are listed below.
- Biochemistry: Biochemistry by Lehninger
- Molecular Biology: Molecular Biology by Watson
- Cell Biology: Bruce Alberts or Lodish
- Development Biology: Gilbert
- CERT for General reading and MCQ Books: Dinesh or Pradeep
- Microbiology: Prescott, Pelczar
IIT JAM Preparation Tips for Biotechnology
Aspirants before the IIT JAM exam 2022 must look at the preparation tips for the biotechnology below to secure good marks. The following tips will help aspirants study all topics and sub-topics for the exam.
- Biotechnology is a new subject added to the IIT JAM 2022. Candidates need to practice more on the subject as there are few available seats. Therefore, competition is more in IIT JAM Biotechnology.
- IIT JAM biotechnology carries a maximum weightage of biology with 44%, followed by chemistry 20% and maths and physics with 18%.
- Candidates must focus more on the theory part as it will take less time than to solve numerical problems.
IIT JAM 2022 Physics Books
The books for physics are tabulated below. Candidates can check the books for each subsection of physics below.
- Introduction to Mechanics by Kleppner and Kolenkow
- Mechanics by D.S. Mathur
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
- Physics of Waves and Oscillations by N.K. Bajaj
- Optics by Ajoy Ghatak
- Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J. Griffiths
- Thermodynamics by Garg, Bansal, and Ghosh
- Fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics and Thermal Physics by F. Reif.A
- Solid State Physics by Puri Babbar
- Semiconductor Physics by Streetman
Some other best books for IIT JAM physics are listed below:
- Electronic devices and circuit theory: Boylestad and Nashelsky
- Op-Amps and Linear Integrated Circuits: Ramakant A. Gayakwad
- Digital Fundamentals: Floyd
IIT JAM Preparation Tips for Physics
Aspirants before the IIT JAM exam 2022 must look at the preparation tips for the physics below to secure good marks. The following tips will help aspirants study all topics and sub-topics for the exam.
- IIT JAM physics requires a lot of practice, like mathematics. Candidates should study each topic.
- Aspirants must be clear about the concepts and must practice well.
- Candidates must go through the syllabus carefully and clear confusion if any.
- Candidates must note down all the formulas and equations in one place and do a quick revision before the exam date.
IIT JAM Chemistry Books
The best book for IIT JAM chemistry for physical, organic & inorganic are mentioned below. Candidates can check the books separately for each of these sections and can prepare for the exam in advance.
IIT JAM Physical Chemistry Books
Some other books for physical chemistry are listed below:
- Theory of Gases: Physical Chemistry–Peter W. Atkins
- Chemical and Phase Equilibria: Principals of Chemical Equilibrium & Phase Rule –K.G. Denbigh
- Electrochemistry: An Introduction to Electrochemistry–Samuel Glasstone
- Chemical Kinetics: Chemical Kinetics – Keith J. Laidler
- Solid State: Solid State–Peter W. Atkins
- Adsorption: Introduction to Surface Chemistry & Catalysis – Gabor A. Somorjai
- Basic Mathematical Concept: Differential Equation & Matrices–Shanti Narayan
IIT JAM Inorganic Chemistry Books
- Periodic Table: Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Chemical Bonding and Shapes of Compounds: Inorganic Chemistry – Miessler & Tarr
- Main Group Elements (s and p blocks): Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Transition Metal (d block): Concise Inorganic Chemistry – James E. Huheey
- Analytical Chemistry: Quantitative Inorganic Analysis – A. I. Vogel
- Bioinorganic Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry – James E. Huheey
- Instrumental Method of Analysis: Instrumental method – Skoog, Holler & Crouch
IIT JAM Organic Chemistry Books
Some other books for organic chemistry are listed below.
- Organic Chemistry: Carey & Sundberg
- Natural Products Chemistry: Organic Chemistry (Vol-II) – I. L. Finar
- Heterocyclic Chemistry: Organic Chemistry (Vol-I) – I. L. Finar
- Qualitative Organic Analysis: Introduction to Spectroscopy – Pavia, Lampman, Kriz, Vyvyan
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry- P.S. Kalsi
- Organic Chemistry: Clayden, Greeves, Warner, and others
Candidates can also refer to the Arihant IIT JAM chemistry book PDF. Mentioned below are the IIT JAM Spectrum Chemistry PDFs for the years 2017 and 2016.
|Spectrum Chemistry January 2017||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry February 2017||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry March 2017||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry April 2017||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry February 2016||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry March 2016||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry May 2016||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry August 2016||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry September 2016||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry October 2016||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry November 2016||Download PDF|
|Spectrum Chemistry December 2016||Download PDF|
IIT JAM Preparation Tips for Chemistry
Candidates before the IIT JAM exam 2022 must look at the preparation tips for the chemistry below to secure good marks. The following tips will help aspirants study all topics and sub-topics for the exam.
- Candidates must focus more on organic chemistry as most of the questions come from this subject.
- Candidates must not ignore any inorganic and physical chemistry topics as they carry relatively minimum weightage. Every question is equally important.
- Candidates must practice all the new topics well and solve sample papers, mock tests, and previous year’s question papers for practice. Candidates must refer to the books mentioned above.
IIT JAM Geology Books
The books which can be referred to for Geology are tabulated below. Candidates can check the names of the books with their author names.
|The Planet Earth||
IIT JAM Preparation Tips for Geology
Aspirants before the IIT JAM exam 2022 must look at the preparation tips for geology below to secure good marks. The following tips will help aspirants study all topics and sub-topics for the exam.
- Candidates to get higher scores must practice the theory from all the topics and the subtopics.
- Aspirants must practice numerically well and focus more on Economic Geology, Applied Geology, etc. Candidates must have a good command of these topics as they are the scoring topics of IIT JAM geology.
- Candidates must give maximum time to ‘Pertrology’ as the question is asked in the exam frequently.
IIT JAM Mathematical Statistical Reference Books
Candidates must check some of the mathematical-statistical reference books mentioned below.
- Fundamentals of Mathematical statistics: S.C. Gupta & V.K. Kapoor
- An introduction to probability and statistics: V.K. Rohatgi
- Introduction to Mathematical statistics: Robert V. Hogg and Craig Mckean Hogg
- Introduction to the theory of statistics: Mood and Graybill
IIT JAM Preparation Tips for Mathematical Statistics
Applicants before the IIT JAM exam 2022 must look at the preparation tips for mathematical statistics below to secure good marks. The following tips will help aspirants study all topics and sub-topics for the exam.
- IIT JAM for mathematical statistics will consist weighage of 40% from mathematics and 60% from statistics. Candidates must practice all the topics and subtopics from each subject well.
- Candidates must remember all the formulas and their alternatives to secure higher marks in the exam.
- Aspirants are advised to practice mathematical statistics just like mathematics and must give considerable time to each question.
IIT JAM Biological Science Reference Books
The books which can be referred to for Biological Science are tabulated below. Candidates can check the names of the books with their author names.
Some other books for Biological Science are listed below.
- Cell and Molecular Biology: Karp
- Biochemistry: Jeremy M. Berg, Lubert Stryer, John L. Tymoczko
- Developmental Biology: Scott F. Gilbert, Susan R. Singer
- Kuby Immunology: Barbara A. Osborne, Richard Goldsby
- Essentials of Physiology: Lauralee Sherwood
- Molecular Biology of the Cell: Bruce Alberts
- Microbiology: John P. Harley, Donald Klein
- Life Sciences: Fundamentals and Practice – I, II: Pranav Kumar, Usha Mina
- Principles of Genetics: Gardner, Simmons, Snustad
IIT JAM 2022 MCA Books
Mentioned below are the IIT JAM MCA books of various reputed authors and publishers. Candidates must refer to these books before the exam to get high scores.
- A text –Book of Vector Calculus: Shanti Narayan
- Computer Networks: Tennenbum T
- Computer Today: Suresh Basandra
- Differential Calculus: Gorakh Prasad
- Differential Equations: G.F.Simmons
- Digital Circuits and Design: Salivahan
- Digital Electronics: Dr. Saroj Rangnekar
- Digital Integrated Electronics: H.Taub & D.Shilling
- Digital Logic Design: Morries Mano
- Digital Principles & application: Malvino
- Digital Technology: Virendra Kumar
- Elementary Linear Algebra: Chatles W.Curtis(C.W.Curtis)
- Elementary Linear Algebra: H.Anton
- Fundamental of Computers: P. K. Sinha
- Fundamental of Computers: V. Rajaraman
- How to solve it by Computer: R. G. Dromy
- Integral Calculus: Gorakh Prasad
IIT JAM 2022 General Preparation Tips
Authorities advise candidates to follow a proper schedule to score higher marks in the exam. Candidates appearing for the IIT JAM 2022 exam can refer to the guidelines given below for the exam preparation:
- Make a proper schedule for the exam preparation.
- Study 8-10 hours per day.
- To score well in the exam candidates, must practice various sample papers, previous year's papers, etc.
- Attempt mock tests once the syllabus and the previous question papers are solved.
- Make short notes for each of the topics and revise as required.