IIT JAM Eligibility
Eligibility is the important factor in applying for any exam and Tata Institute frames certain criteria for IIT JAM exams. Before applying through the IITJAM 2020 Application Form candidates need to check the eligibility criteria. All aspiring candidates must satisfy the minimum eligibility which consists of Educational Qualification, Age Limit & Nationality. A candidate can very well read the IIT JAM 2020 Syllabus to score well in the exam.
It should be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she satisfies Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission.
Admitting Institute has right to cancel, at any stage, admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with rules and regulations in force.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should hold a Bachelor's Degree which should be of at least 3 years in duration. The minimum aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI vary from category to category and is given below:
- General/OBC (NCL) category candidates should have at least 55% marks or 5.5 out of 10 CGPA/CPI.
- SC/ST and PwD category candidates should have a minimum CGPA/CSI of 5.5 out of 10.
- Nationality: Candidates can be of any nationality (Indian or Foreign National).
- Proof: Candidate should have proof of passing Qualifying Degree with Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by Admitting Institute which should be submitted by September 30th, 2020.
- Fitness Test: Candidates who are going to admission should have taken a medical examination from a registered medical practitioner and submit a physical fitness certificate.