GCET eligibility is decided by the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. All the candidates must thoroughly check the eligibility standards applying to the GCET exam 2021.
GCET Eligibility 2021
Directorate of Technical Education conducts the Goa Common Entrance Test for students of Goa. If the candidate can satisfy GCET 2021 eligibility criteria, then they can apply for GCET 2021, which offers admission to the first year for different professional degree courses.
- Age: An applicant to degree courses in medial courses like Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences, and Nursing must have completed the age of 17 years by 31st December of the academic year of admission to become eligible for admission to first year. And for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy Courses, there is no age limit (minimum or maximum) is specified for.
- Citizenship: The candidate should have to carry the citizenship of India. If the candidate cannot show proof of Indian citizen, then DTE will reject the GCET application form.
- Non-Indian Residents: Non-residential Indians holding an Indian passport can apply for the seats reserved under the NRI category. They consider Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) /Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) eligible for admissions to seats under NRI Category.
- Local Qualification: Without NRI, OCI, and PIO categorized, the Candidate should be a permanent resident of Goa state. While submitting the CGET Application form authorized person of DTE can ask for a Residential certificate. So, the Candidate should carry a Residential Certificate.
- Educational Qualification: The minimum qualification required to be eligible for GCET 2021 is candidates have to qualify class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects under Goa state board or CBSE board. In the qualifying examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 45% (overall). For the applicants, who belongs to OBC/SC and ST categories must have to secure overall 40% (minimum).
- GCET Eligibility Criteria 2021 for Kashmiri Migrants: Candidates who belong to the Kashmir migrate category should have passed class 12 or an equivalent examination with English, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology and secured a minimum of 45% aggregate in the subjects of Physics and Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
- GCET Eligibility Criteria 2021 B.Sc Degree Holder: Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/B.Sc. degree with Mathematics as a subject at Standard 10+2 at least 45% marks have to secure for apply CGET 2021 (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, shall be eligible for admission to the first year of engineering degree courses, subject to vacancies).
GCET/GOA CET 2021 Overview
- Residence: Applicants who do not have the Domicile or the citizenship certificate (NRI/ OCI/ PIO) will not be allowed to apply for the GCET/ GOA CET 2021.
- MBBS: The minimum eligibility is that the candidates must be of 17 years of age before the 31st of December of the academic year which he/ she is pursuing medical courses.
- BE/ B.Arch: There is no age limitation for the candidates who prefer to apply for any of the Engineering or Architectural courses as per the rules and regulations of Eligibility Criteria of GCET/ GOA CET 2021.
- Engineering/ BE/ B.Pharm: Candidates more likely passed optional training (twelfth) from a perceived board with at least half checks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- PUC Candidates: Candidates who are showing up class 12 exam can apply for GCET 2021 exam and they need to present all the required archives till the date provided by the foundation.
|GCET 2021 Details||GCET 2021 Eligibility|
|Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India.|
|Age||There is no age limitation for the candidates for applying for any of the Engineering or Architectural courses under GPCET 2021|
|Domicile||The candidate must have lived in the state for 10 years.|
|Educational Qualifications||Candidates must have passed in the Class 12 Examination.|