Organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA), Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (JNU CEEB) is a university-level examination for candidates aspiring to pursue their career with JNU. The registration for the JNU CEEB 2021 was conducted online on the official website.
- Aug 17, 2021: The provisional answer key for GAT-B or JNU CEEB 2021 is released. Those who took part in the exam on Aug 14, 2021, may check their answers and submit objections, if any, on or before Aug 18, 2021 (5:00 PM).
- What is JNU CEEB?
- JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Date
- JNU CEEB 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- JNU CEEB 2021 Application Form
- JNU CEEB 2021 Admit Card
- JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Centre
- JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Pattern
- JNU CEEB 2021 Syllabus
- JNU CEEB Preparation Tips
- JNU CEEB 2021 Results
- JNU CEEB 2021 Counselling Process
What is JNU CEEB?
Conducted by the National Test Agency, Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (JNU CEEB) is a university-level entrance examination for candidates interested in pursuing postgraduate programs like M.Sc and M.Tech at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
JNU CEEB 2020 was conducted on October 03, 2020. The applications dates for JNU CEEB 2021 haven't been announced yet.
JNU CEEB Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination for Biotechnology|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Date
The JNU CEEB 2020 exam date was October 03, 2020. The schedule for JNU CEEB 2021 is not released yet.
|Application form begins from||Jul 7, 2021|
|Last date for filling the application form||Jul 31, 2021|
|Admit Card||Aug 8, 2021|
|JNU CEEB Exam Date||Aug 14, 2021|
|Provisional Answer Key and Objection Window||Aug 17, 2021 - Aug 18, 2021 (5:00 PM)|
|Final Result||To be announced|
JNU CEEB 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check JNU CEEB 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates who do not satisfy the JNU CEEB eligibility criteria conditions will not be considered for admission.
- There is no age limit to apply for JNU CEEB 2021
- Candidates should have completed a Bachelor's degree from any recognized university in the given fields- Biological, Physical, Veterinary, and Fishery Science, Agriculture, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4 years B.Sc (Physician Assistance Course); or Medicine (MBBS) or BDS
- Candidates should have scored 50% in Bachelor Degree to be eligible for the course.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination can also apply.
JNU CEEB 2021 Application Form
The application form for JNU CEEB 2021 was available on the official website. It is always advisable to fill the application form as soon as possible to avoid the last-minute rush. The application form can be filled online from the official website ntajnu.nic.in. Candidates can fill the application form from the official website. Candidates are advised to fill all the details carefully to avoid any discrepancies. Given below are steps to fill the JNU CEEB application form.
Candidates can also fill the application form online. Candidates can download the application from the official website. Given below are the steps to fill the JNU CEEB application form.
Part 1 - Registration
- Go to the official website of NTA- ntajnu.nic.in
- Find and click on the "Apply Online" option.
- Fill the registration form to get the application number.
- Candidates will be asked to provide the credentials like- candidate's name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number.
- After filling all the credentials, click on "Submit."
- After the successful submission of the registration form, the candidates will receive a registration number on their email ID or mobile number.
Part - 2 Application Form
After successfully registering on the website by following the aforementioned steps, candidates will be directed to the application form for JNU CEEB. The application form has to be filled with the following information, as asked:
- Basic Personal details
- Educational details
- Communication details
Part - 3 Fee Payment
- Candidates can make the payment through the official website
- Login to the candidates portal with the help of login id and password
- To make a payment click on the link "Pay Fee"
- Candidates can make the payment via debit card, credit card or net banking
Candidates can also fill the application form offline. Candidates can download the application form from the official website. Given below are the steps to fill the JNU CEEB offline application form.
- Visit the official website of JNU i.e NTA
- Click on "Download Form"
- Fill the details in Application Form - Personal details, Basic details, Educational details, Communication details, etc.
- Pay the application fee through Demand Draft
- Send the application form to the given address
Section officer (Admissions),
Room No.28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi - 110067
JNU CEEB Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the Application Fee to submit the Application Form. Candidates can pay the Application Fee online and offline. Candidates making the payment via demand draft have to send it with the Application Form through registered post/speed post to the section officer.
Candidates can also pay the application fee through the following ways-
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Demand Draft in favour of the "National Testing Agency" payable at New Delhi
Application Fees for different category of people is mentioned below:
|Reserved category (SC/ST/PC)||INR 260|
JNU CEEB 2021 Admit card
It is mandatory to carry the hard copy of JNU CEEB admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. Without the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It acts as an official identity proof for the candidate. Candidate could download the admit from the official website. Given below are the steps to download the JNU CEEB admit card.
- Visit the official website of NTA
- Click on the link "Admit Card"
- Provide the required information like registration number, name, and date of birth, etc.
- Take the print out of the admit card and preserve it for future references.
Details on JNU CEEB admit card
Candidates should check the following information on the JNU CEEB admit card before taking the print out.
- Candidate Name
- Address or the Venue
- Contact Details
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the exam.
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Registration number
- Photograph and signature of the Candidate
JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates can give their preferences for the exam centre in the application form. Candidates can choose from the 127 exam centre choices available. Information related to the exam centre will be given on the admit card. Once the exam centres are allotted, candidates will not be allowed to change the exam centre. No request will be accepted for the change of exam centre.
JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Pattern
JNU CEEB is conducted online. There are 2 parts in the question paper.
Part 1 contains 60 questions of 60 marks and it checks the candidate's knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Part 2 contains 180 questions which should be completed within 3 hours. This section checks the candidates understanding of Verbal and Reasoning ability and Comprehensive ability.
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Question type||Multiple-choice questions|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Number of section||2 (part 1 & part 2)|
|Questions in part 1||60|
|Questions in part 2||180|
|Marking Scheme||No negative marking|
JNU CEEB 2021 Syllabus
Given below are the syllabus for JNU CEEB 2021 candidates can check. Candidates must prepare according to the syllabus of class 12th for part 1. For part 2 candidates have to study the following subjects:
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Analytical Techniques
- Bioinformatics resources and search tools
- Sequence analysis
- Genomic and Proteomic analytical tools
- Molecular dynamics
Recombinant DNA Technology
- Restriction and modification enzymes
- Genomic DNA
- Gene isolation
- Cloning and expression
- Transposons and gene targeting
- DNA labeling
- DNA sequencing
- Polymerase chain reactions
- DNA fingerprinting
- Southern and Northern Blotting
- In situ hybridization
- RAPD, RFLP
- Site-directed mutagenesis
- Gene transfer technologies
- Gene therapy
JNU CEEB Preparation Tips
Preparing for national level examination like JNU CEEB is not an easy task. The ones interested in appearing for this examination must emphasize on the preparation of the examination. It is only through good preparation that achieving the desired marks can be fulfilled. If the candidate is well prepared and aware of the terminology of the examination paper then for such candidate the paper will not appear to be a tough and tricky one.
Candidates must know some tips and tricks that can help in the preparation plan. These tips have been mentioned below for all the interested applicants of JNU CEEB 2021. It is also to note that there are some important pointers that each appearing candidates must keep it in mind. These pointers will help the candidates to avoid mistakes while they are preparing for the examination.
General JNU CEEB Preparation tips and tricks
Below are the tips and tricks that can be very useful to crack the exam.
If you are just going through the information, then you may not able to retain it for too long. If you try writing down at least the important points, then probably you will able to remember your lessons a lot better.
Try Color Coding Tricks
When you are studying for an exam, simply going through the lessons means your retention rate will be only 20%. But if you can follow some simple retention strategies, it is possible to have a recall rate of up to 80%. It is believed that colour boosts retention capacity. You can use different colours, to mark some important points in your books. Research has shown that separating parts of the notes using colours stimulate the creative part of your brain, which can actually help you recall information visually and efficiently.
Try and manage your stress level
Try speaking to people you trust and tell them how you are currently feeling. you may try some breathing strategies, as it will allow your body to relax. You may also try visualizing your process. Just imagine yourself writing the exam and then acing it. This will help you stay positive and remove all the negative thoughts related to this exam.
Get support from friends, family as well as teachers to be better prepared for the exam. During the exam preparation phase, proper understanding, as well as emotional support, is what you will need. You may speak to your teachers if you're facing any challenges while preparing for the exam. Do not shy or hesitate from asking in case you need any help from them.
Before writing the exam, getting adequate sleep is important. Hit the bed at your normal bedtime. Don't even think of pulling in an all-nighter. If you're facing any difficulty in dozing off, then you can turn on some soothing music or read something light but avoid reaching out for your textbooks at night, especially if you had been studying the entire day.
JNU CEEB 2021 Result
Candidates can check their results online from the official website of NTA. Candidates can also make a rough estimate of how much marks they will score by taking a look at the answer key which will release within a week's time after the commencement of the exams and candidates can access the answer keys by entering their login credentials on the official website. Successful candidates will be called for the counselling process. Candidates must preserve their results for future processes. Given below are steps candidates can check to download their results-
- Visit the official website of NTA
- Click on the link of Result
- Provide the credentials like roll number and date of birth in the given space
- Click on the button "Submit"
- Download the result and take the print out.
JNU CEEB 2021 Counselling Process
The counselling process will begin after the declaration of the JNU CEEB 2021 result. In the counselling process candidates will be allotted seats in the desired courses on the basis of the result. Candidates should take all the original documents on the day of counselling.
Documents required on the day of the counselling are given below-
- Two self-attested copies of matriculation copies
- Two self-attested copies of 10+2 certificate
- Two self-attested copies of the institution last attended
- Character certificate of the last institution last attended
- Two self-attested certificates of the statement of marks obtained in senior school and Bachelor degree program
- SC/ST/OBC certificate if applicable
- A medical certificate for PWD candidates certifying the disability is not less than 40%
- Migration certificate (in original) from the head of the institution/university last attended
- JNU CEEB 2021 scorecard.
What is the marking scheme for the JNU CEEB exam?
The JNU CEEB Exam will have two sections, Section A with 1 mark for each question and Section B with 3 marks for each question.
What is the mode of examination for JNU CEEB?
The exam mode is online which means the exam will be Computer-based Test or CBT.
What is the application fees for JNU CEEB?
The application fees for JNU CEEB is INR 1000 for the OBC and the General Category; INR 500 for the reserved category (SC/ST/PH) and INR 2880 for Foreign Nationals.
What is the Age Limit for JNU CEEB?
There is no age limit for any candidate who wants to apply and sit for JNU CEEB.