Himachal Pradesh Technical University conducting HPCET 2021 for admission into B. Tech and M. Tech courses in various colleges of Himachal Pradesh, which are affiliated by HPTU. The HPCET 2021 counselling will start after the declaration of HPCET 2021 Result and HPCET 2021 Merit list.
HPCET 2021 counselling will consist of two rounds. For admission into B. Tech courses, counselling will take place via three criteria i.e. HPCET, JEE Main, and 10+2 examination score. And for admission into M. Tech courses, counselling will take place via three criteria i.e. HPCET 2021, GATE and B. Tech/ B.E score.
- Schedule: The first two rounds of counselling will be conducted for the students applying via the JEE Main 2021 scores and the next round of counselling will be conducted based on HPCET 2021 merit list.
- Merit list: HPTU will publish The merit list on the official website after HPCET 2021 result.
- Procedure: The candidates, who are shortlisted for the HPCET 2021 entrance test will be called for Counselling. The deserving candidates will be allotted seats in the University and its affiliated Colleges on the basis of HPCET 2021 rank secured by them.
- Document Verification: The Verification of Documents will also be done at the time of the counselling process.
- Seat Allocation: The seats will be allotted on the basis of the choice of courses and college for admission.
- Reservation: Seats will be reserved for JEE Main. 15% for General categories candidates and 10% for ST/SC/OBC categories candidates.
Required Documents for HPCET 2021 counselling
- Certificate of having passed the qualifying examination.
- Marks-sheet issued by the Board/University.
- Matriculation/Higher Secondary Part-I/Indian School Certificates showing the date of birth.
- National Level Entrance Examination/HPCET 2021 Score Card.
- Character Certificate from the Head of Institution last attended.
- Bonafide/Domicile Certificate issued by the concerned Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Executive Magistrate.
- Reserved Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable.
- Physically Challenged Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable.
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applied under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme.
- An undertaking/affidavit attested by the Executive Magistrate if applied under Beti Hai Anmol Scheme.
- Kashmiri Migrants and domicile certificate issued by Competent Authority, if applied under Supernumerary Kashmiri Migrant Quota.
HPCET 2021 Counselling fee
- H.P. Technical University Fee: Applicants of HPCET 2021 admitted to any UG or PG program has to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 3,000/- per year as University Fee and Rs. 1,500/- as onetime University Registration Fee.
- Mode: The University Fee has to be paid at the time of HPCET 2021 counselling either in the form of a demand draft drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, H.P. Technical University payable at Hamirpur or through POS (Point of Sales) Machine (without any extra charge) using Debit/Credit Card of any bank on the spot. It will be adjusted towards the final payment of the fee at the respective College/Institute. The University Registration fee shall be deposited in the host institution for further transmission to the University along with necessary documents of the concerned students.
- Notification: The Fee and other charges to be deposited by the HPCET 2021 applicants in the Government/Private Colleges or Institutions will be as notified by the Government of Himachal Pradesh.
- Extra fee: No Institution will charge any amount over and above the fee fixed by the Government and University (Details as per Appendix VII). Any violation in this regard would tantamount to charging capitation fee leading to penal action against the defaulting institution.
- Female candidates: The female candidates of HPCET 2021 admitted to Govt. College(s) and University Off Campuses (other than self-financing courses) are exempted from paying of the Tuition fee.
- Incentives for physically challenged: Physically Challenged HPCET 2021 applicants admitted to Govt. College (s) and Off Campuses (other than self- financing courses) are exempted from paying of Admission & Tuition fee.
HPCET 2021 Counselling Schedule
|Online application form last date||To be announced||HPTU|
|Receipt of soft copy of Application via mail||To be announced||HPTU|
|Certificate Verification||To be announced||HTPU|