Candidates who have passed the senior secondary examination from a recognized board are eligible to apply for the DU JAT 1970 exam.
Every candidate must have completed their Board examinations in the month of March / April , conducted by a recognized Board, to be eligible to appear in the test. The candidate's Senior Secondary School Examination must be either CBSE or any other examination which is considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- The candidates who have appeared in the Senior Secondary School Examination and are awaited their results are also eligible to apply for this DU JAT exam.
- The candidates who belong to the general category should have an aggregate of a minimum of 60% in four papers including English, mathematics and other two subjects from the list of elective subjects as approved by the University of Delhi.
- The minimum percentage requirements for SC, ST, CW and PWD category candidate is 55 percent in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate.
- In the case the candidate is waiting for their Board result, and then they will need to produce the confirmed result and the mark sheet of the qualifying examination on the day of the DU JAT counseling/ selection process for the admission in BMS/BBA (FIA)/ B.A (Hons) Business Economics programs.
- The candidates without result confirmation mark sheets would not be considered as eligible, and will not be allowed for the admissions.
- In the case of candidates who belong to any other category except general (OBC- creamy layer/SC/ST/PWD/CW), they will need to produce their category certificate at the final admission stage.
- The candidates with the compartment in any of the subjects are not eligible as per the DU JAT eligibility criteria 2018.
- The candidates who have appeared for XII class improvement papers are not eligible to apply for DU JAT for the current year.
Once the candidate knows that he/ she is eligible for DU JAT 1970 exam than they need to start preparation by referring DU JAT 1970 syllabus.