The Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) is responsible for prescribing the exam pattern for ATMA. This year, ATMA will be held as an Internet-Based Test (IBT), through Artificial Intelligence and Human Proctoring. The question paper will further be divided into six sections, where each section will carry 30 questions. The candidates will have 3 hours to solve the entire question paper. Find all the details related to the ATMA exam pattern on this page.
ATMA Exam Pattern 2021 Highlights
Just covering the whole syllabus is not enough to score well in the exam. Familiarizing oneself with the ATMA MBA exam pattern is extremely important. The candidates should know how much time they have to solve the entire question paper, the mode of the exam, sectional division of questions, marking scheme, and various other details to help them plan effectively for the exam. Some important highlights related to the ATMA 2021 exam are tabulated below:
|Date of ATMA 2021||May 30, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Mode of exam||Internet-Based Test|
|Medium of question paper||English|
|Sections in the question paper||Six|
|Total number of questions||180|
|ATMA exam duration||180 minutes|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
Candidates will have to answer 180 questions in 180 minutes. The question paper is divided into 6 sections, and each section carries equal number of questions, i.e., 30. The candidates must note that negative marking is applicable in ATMA 2021, hence it is advised that they only answer a question if they are sure of the answer.
- Books, notepapers, calculators, slide-rules, mobile phones, and other electronic devices are not permissible.
- The candidates will get 30 minutes to solve each section. Hence, they must not take more than 1 minute to answer a question.
Sectional Division in ATMA 2021
It has been mentioned that the question paper will be divided into 6 sections. Each candidate will be required to answer 30 questions based on each of the following domains.
|Section||No. of Question||Time Allocated|
|Analytical Reasoning Skills(Paper-I)||30||30 min.|
|Verbal Skills(Paper-I)||30||30 min.|
|Quantitative Skills(Paper-I)||30||30 min.|
|Analytical Skills(Paper-II)||30||30 min.|
|Verbal Skills(Paper-II)||30||30 min.|
|Quantitative Skills(Paper-II)||30||30 min.|
Note: In case you find a mistake in the framing of the question or the answer choices given, you need not waste your time on them. You will be given credit for such questions.
ATMA 2021 Marking Scheme
The question paper will have a total of 180 multiple-choice questions. Each question will have four options. One out of the four options provided will be the correct answer to the question. The candidates must note that negative marking is applicable in ATMA 2021. The marking scheme for ATMA 2021 is given below:
|Correct Response||1 mark will be awarded|
|Incorrect Response||0.25 mark will be deducted from the total score|
|No Response||No addition or deduction will be applicable|
|Maximum Marks||180 marks|
ATMA Online Exam Guidelines 2021
Since ATMA will be an internet-based test in the year 2021, the candidates are expected to abide by some instructions given by the conducting authorities.
- The candidates must show a hardcopy of their ATMA Hall Ticket 2021, and a government-issued photo ID proof to be allowed to take the test.
- The exam is generally held between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM. The candidates must set up their desks by 1:00 PM, to complete the frisking formalities sans hassle.
- Do NOT press the F5 key, as it will end your exam.
- For rough work, the candidates must keep 1 or 2 blank sheets of paper in handy. They will, however, be required to show their paraphernalia to the proctor before using them.
- Candidates cannot jump between the sections.