After Results are declared a candidate on the basis of his or her score can actively participate in the Counselling conducted by the University. Shortlisted candidates will be sent a call letter for admission. The counselling process of AIIMS MBBS is discussed below.
AIIMS 2021 Counselling will be held at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) Institute on Aug 9, 2021 (tentatively). Eligible candidates are required to register for the counselling procedure form and fill it including the desired colleges they wish to apply in.
The AIIMS MBBS 2021 exam will be conducted from Aug 1, 2021 to Jan 1, 1970. The results will be announced on the official website on Sep 1, 2021. The counselling of AIIMS MBBS 2021 will be conducted at Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi. The counselling for the year 2021 will be conducted from Aug 9, 2021. Different merit lists will be announced after the AIIMS MBBS 2021 exam according to the categories and they are common merit list, Scheduled Caste (SC) merit list, Scheduled Tribe (ST) merit list and Backward Classes (BC) merit list.
The Counselling process is divided into 4 parts which have First round of counselling, Second round of counselling, the third round of counselling and the Open counselling. The candidates who have obtained minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance examination will be eligible for the 1st round of counselling.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Counselling Schedule
The below given is the counselling schedule for AIIMS MBBS 2021
|Counselling||Date of Counselling (Tentative)|
|Counselling Registration||Aug 9, 2021|
|1st round of Counselling||To be announced|
|2nd round of Counselling||To be announced|
|3rd round of Counselling||To be announced|
|Open Counselling||To be announced|
Number of seats during counselling for AIIMS MBBS 2020
Candidates can check out the below information to get an idea about the number of vacancies that they can expect in AIIMS MBBS 2021.
- Allocation: Among the above mentioned 807 seats, 3% of the seats are allocated to the OPH (Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped) in AIIMS MBBS Exam 2021.
- Reservation: The AIIMS Institutions (only Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh) will have the reservation policy followed with 7.5% for ST candidates, 15% for SC candidates and 27% for OBC candidates, for Indian Nationals. The 3% of seats are reserved on a horizontal basis for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH).
- Foreign Nationals: The number of seats allocated for the foreign students is still not announced by the Government of India.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Participating Institutes
The following are the institutes that are participating in AIIMS MBBS 2021.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi, New Delhi.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Patna, Bihar.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Raipur, Chattisgarh.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Important Points
The points that must be known to a candidate who is attending a counselling session for AIIMS MBBS 2021: For the AIIMS MBBS 2021 counselling happening in the mentioned venue, the number of candidates who will be present in each category (UnReserved (UR), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC)) will be four times greater than the number of available seats in each category.
The first step of counselling is to fill up the open category (General category or the Unreserved category) by the reserved category students. The AIIMS MBBS 2021 counselling process for the reserved category students will start after the open category counselling is over.
The candidates who are interested in changing the branch of the institution during counselling can vacate their seats from the current institution and go to the desired institution. the AIIMS MBBS seat vacated by the candidate can be occupied only by the student from the same category.
The number of seats that will be vacant under the category of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) after the counselling will be transferred to the General category students.
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Documents Required For Counselling
Documents that must be possessed by the candidate during AIIMS MBBS 2021 counselling:
- AIIMS MBBS 2021 Admit card.
- AIIMS MBBS 2021 Call letter issued by the institution during the counselling.
- Birth certificate of the candidate.
- High school certificate of the candidate.
- Migration certificate of the candidate.
- Mark sheet of the candidate showing the 60% marks for the UnReserved (UR)/Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates, 50% marks for the Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates as an aggregate of marks scored in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Half a dozen of current passport size photos.
- A self-attested copy of the certificates.