JIPMER MBBS 2021 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the JIPMER 2021 will be called for the counselling process which will start after the results are announced.
Counselling Processes: The counselling will happen in 5 Processes:
- Biometric Finger Print Verification
- Photo Verification
- Certificate Verification
Rounds: There are two rounds of counselling, the first round, and the Second Round.
- The candidate called for counselling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in the Call Letter.
- If seats are vacant after Second Round of Counselling, then Third round of counselling will be held.
- If again seats are vacant even after Third round, then Final Round of Counselling will be held.
- Registration: At the counselling venue, registration of candidates will be done. Candidates have to register for counselling by showing their call letter to the university. The registration will be done by entering their personal & other required details.
- Biometric Finger Print Verification: Biometric fingerprint and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counselling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- Photo Verification: This process is done to confirm that the candidates and counselling participants are the same. If there will be mismatched, candidates will not be allowed to attend the counselling.
- Certificate Verification: In this procedure, the candidate’s documents will be verified by the University. It will be done to know whether the degrees/certificates are authentic or forged.
- Counselling: Candidates who successfully complete all the verification rounds will be called for seat allotment. Candidates will be called as per their rank. Candidates will have an option to choose a seat in JIPMER, Puducherry & JIPMER, Karaikal.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre Representative/Invigilator and Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or 10th Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority - a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates certificate
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ ST) certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Migration Certificate
- In the case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size recent colour photographs.
- NON RESIDENT INDIAN: Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA: Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
First Round Counselling
- The First Round of counselling of students for various categories will be done in the order given the below table. The schedule and other details are given below.
|Sl. No.||Order of Category||Counselling Date (Tentative)|
|1||PwD & P-PwD (Medical Examination)||To be announced|
|2||UR/EWSs/ PwD & P - PwD||To be announced|
|3||OBC / SC / ST||To be announced|
|4||Puducherry - UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWSs & NRI/OCI||To be announced|
- The number of candidates called for counselling in each category will be 10 times that of the number of seats available in that category.
- After the candidate has selected one of the campuses, the candidate cannot interchange the campus. And after selecting a campus, The candidate will not be eligible for the second round of counselling.
- In the situation where the candidate has not opted in the first round of counselling, He/She is Eligible to attend second round counselling.
- Note: The candidate who is absent for First counselling will not be eligible to attend the second and third counselling, but he/she can attend the Final Round of Counselling.
Second Round Counselling
- If seats are vacant after the first round of counselling, Then Second Counselling will be held on the given date (tentatively 24th JULY 2021)
- The date of the Second Round Counselling and the candidates who are eligible will be notified in the official JIPMER website.
- If there are vacant seats after second counselling, these vacant seats will be available for Third Counselling.
- If even more seats are vacant after third counselling, these seats will be available for Final Counselling.
- Final Counselling: All the candidates who are eligible by the merit list can attend this final counselling irrespective of their previous attendance.
- Note: No personal message or email regarding the second counselling round will be sent to eligible candidates.
|Category||JIPMER 2021 Puducherry||JIPMER 2021 Karaikal||Total|
|P - UR||22||9||31|
|P - OBC||10||3||13|
|P - SC||5||1||6|
|P - ST||3||1||4|