NEET PG 2022 counselling will commence in the first week of Jul 2022, as announced by FAIMA National President. At CENTAC Puducherry, registration for NEET PG 2022 counselling for PG courses in medicine and dentistry has started. Applications can be submitted till Jul 11, 2022, 6 PM.
Medical Councelling Committeee will conduct NEET PG 2022 counselling in an online format. After the NEET PG 2022 result is announced, the schedule for NEET PG 2022 counselling will be released.
NEET PG 2022 counselling dates will be announced on mcc.nic.in. Online registration, fee payment, choice declaration, seat assignment outcome, and reporting are all part of the NEET PG 2022 counselling process. Those who achieve the minimum cutoff percentile in NEET PG 2022 are eligible to participate in the counselling round. MCC will publish a merit list based on the percentile cutoff. Candidates whose names appear on the merit list will be eligible to participate in the NEET PG 2022 counselling sessions.
Latest Update on NEET PG
- Jun 28, 2022: CENTAC Puducherry has commenced registration for NEET PG 2022 counselling on Jun 28, 2022. Read More
- Jun 28, 2022: NEET PG 2022 counselling is expected to begin from first week of Jul 2022. Read More
- Jun 16, 2022: NBE will most likely announce NEET PG 2023 next month, exam could take place on Jan 23, 2023. Read More
- Jun 8, 2022: NBE released NEET PG 2022 scorecard on Jun 8, 2022. Read More
Table of Contents
- NEET PG 2022 Counselling Highlights
- NEET PG 2022 Counselling Mop-up Round
- NEET PG 2022 Counselling Round 1
- NEET PG 2022 Counselling Round 2
- NEET PG 2022 Stray Vacancy Round
- NEET PG 2022 Scope for Counselling
- NEET PG 2022 Counselling Registration Steps
- Steps to Download Seat Allotment Letter for NEET PG 2022 Counselling
- Documents Required for NEET PG 2022 Counselling
- NEET PG 2022 Counselling Eligibility
- Types of Merit List in NEET PG 2022
- NEET PG 2022 State Counselling
- Non-participating Institutes in NEET PG 2022
- NEET PG 2022 Counselling Participating Institutes
- NEET PG 2022 Basic Counselling for Seats
- NEET PG 2022 Reporting to Allotted Colleges Points to Remember
NEET PG 2022 Counselling Highlights
NEET PG 2022 counselling will begin in the first week of Jul 2022. Registration for NEET PG 2022 counselling for PG courses in medicine and dentistry has begun at CENTAC Puducherry. Applications can be submitted up to 6 PM till Jul 11, 2022.
Counselling for NEET PG is the primary process involved in recruiting candidates to the top medical institutions in the nation. Based on the scores and cut-offs of the candidates, admissions will take place. By performing well in the exam, candidates can anticipate admission to affiliated reputed institutions and universities in India.
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), will announce the dates of NEET PG 2022 counselling. NEET PG authorities will be conducting NEET PG 2022 first round of counselling after the announcement of NEET PG 2022 results. This applies to admission to MD/MS and PG Diploma seats.
The counselling of NEET PG 2022 for 50% of All India Quota seats will be conducted in two rounds. While the counselling for Central & Deemed Universities will be conducted in the third round. The same is discussed in detail below, based on the notifications of the NBE.
NEET PG 2022 Counselling Mop-up Round
As per the official notification, there will be no separate registration, choice filling, and payment process for the Online Stray Vacancy round, as the choices made by the candidates in the Mop-up round will be considered for seat allotment of the Stray Vacancy round, which will be online through running software.
Only the candidates who have not been allotted any seats can participate in the Stray Vacancy round. NEET PG counselling 2022 mop-up round will be conducted for admissions to central and deemed universities and ESIC institutes. NEET PG 2022 mop-up round of counselling will be conducted for:
- Candidates who did not attend the 1st and 2nd rounds of counselling.
- Candidates who did not report to their respective institutes during the 1st and the 2nd rounds.
- Candidates who were not allotted seats in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
|Verification of Seat Matrix||To be announced|
|Online Registration, Choice Filling and Payment||To be announced|
|Last Date of Register||To be announced|
|Choice Filling and Locking||To be announced|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|NEET PG Counselling Result||To be announced|
|Reporting at Allotted Colleges||To be announced|
NEET PG 2022 Counselling Round 1
NEET PG 2022 counselling schedule will be updated by the exam conducting authorities, after the declaration of the results. NEET PG 2022 counselling Round 1 schedule is as follows:
|NEET PG 2022 Merit List for AIQ Seats||To be announced|
|Verification of Seat Matrix by Institutes||To be announced|
|Registration for Counselling Round 1||To be announced|
|Last Date of Registration Fee Payment for Counselling Round 1||To be announced|
|Choice Filling and Locking for Counselling Round 1||To be announced|
|Allotment of Seats for Counselling Round 1||To be announced|
|Provisional Result of Counselling Round 1||To be announced|
|Reporting at Allotted College||To be announced|
|Resignation from Allotted Seat||To be announced|
NEET PG 2022 Counselling Round 2
NEET PG 2nd round of counselling will be conducted for:
- Candidates who did not get any seat allotted to them in the 1st round of counselling.
- Candidates who got seat allotment cancelled in the 1st round in the physical document verification process.
- Candidates who want to upgrade their seats in the 2nd round.
- Candidates who did not participate in the 1st round of counselling.
|Verification of Seat Matrix||To be announced|
|Registration for Counselling Round 2||To be announced|
|Last Date of Registration Fee Payment for Counselling Round 2||To be announced|
|Choice Filling and Locking for Counselling Round 2||To be announced|
|Allotment of Seats for Counselling Round 2||To be announced|
|Provisional Result of Counselling Round 2||To be announced|
|Reporting at Allotted College||To be announced|
NEET PG 2022 Stray Vacancy Round
The important pointers for participating in the Stray Vacancy Round are as follows:
- No New Registration/ Payment option for Online Stray Vacancy Round.
- No Fresh Choice Filling will be conducted for Online Stray Vacancy Round.
- The Choices exercised by candidates in Mop-Up Round will be considered for allotment of seats for the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Allotment of seats ‘Online’ by running software.
- Eligible candidates who are not holding any seats can only participate in Online Stray Vacancy Round.
The schedule for the same is mentioned below.
|Processing of Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|Seat Allotment Result Announcement||To be announced|
|Reporting to Allotted Colleges||To be announced|
|Declaration of Results and List of Shortlisted Candidates||To be announced|
NEET PG 2022 Scope for Counselling
MCC will conduct counselling for the following categories:
- 50% All India Quota seats for all State Govt. medical/dental colleges/institutes, except Jammu and Kashmir's state as per merit of PG NEET 2022.
- For all PG seats of the Deemed Universities as per merit of PG NEET 2022.
- 50% institutional quota seats for Central Universities of Delhi University, Aligarh Muslim University, and Banaras Hindu University.
- PG counselling for institutes of Armed Forces Medical Services.
- The state Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana participate in All India Quota's online counselling from the academic year 2022.
NEET PG 2022 Counselling Registration Steps
The counselling process will be conducted online for ease of the process. Candidates can check the step by step procedure to participate in the counselling:
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the link on the official website to register online for NEET PG 2022 Counselling. Next, the applicant must enter details such as Testing ID/Roll Number, Confirmation Number/Application Number/ Candidate Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Security pin.
- Submit the details by clicking on the "Submit" button, as shown below.
Step 2: Allotment Process (Choice Filling)
- Aspirants need to log in by entering the details like their Testing ID/ Roll Number, selecting the stream, Password.
- Candidates should fill the subjects and institutions/ colleges in choice and order of preference.
- Applicants can choose from possible options. The allotment will be done based on choices submitted by the qualified candidate in order of preference.
- Once candidates have filled in their choices, they can lock it. Before locking, kindly check twice, if any modifications are needed. It is mandatory to get a printout of your submitted options, and also candidates must note the choices.
Note: Suppose a candidate does not lock the choice; in that case, the submitted choices will be automatically locked on the notified date and time. However, one will be allowed to take a printout of choices, but there is no option to change answers.
Step 3: Seat Allotment Result
The seat allotment result for the various counselling rounds will be published online at the MCC official website. The candidates will be allotted seats based on their merit in the entrance exam, seat availability in the respective colleges, and choices of the candidates.
Steps to Download Seat Allotment Letter for NEET PG 2022 Counselling
Follow the instructions given below to download the allotment letter successfully.
- Step 1:Click on the link which is provided on the website to download the Allotment Letter for Round 1.
- Step 2: Enter login details like Stream, Round, and Roll Number.
- Step 3: Submit the details.
- Step 4: Download and take its printout to bring it on the day of admission.
Documents Required for NEET PG 2022 Counselling
The admission of candidates depends upon their preferences and the availability of seats. The following documents must be shown during the counselling time.
- Mark Sheets of MBBS/BDS professional examinations
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate
- NEET PG 2022 admit Card
- NEET PG result 2022
- Date of birth proof
- Valid ID proof
- Caste certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Completion certificate of internship for NEET PG by July 31, 2022
- Permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by the National Medical Commission (NMC) or State Medical Council (SMC).
NEET PG 2022 Counselling Eligibility
Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria for NEET PG 2022 counselling process based on their scores in the examination as per the MCC's cut off. The cut off marks are the minimum marks required for candidates to be eligible for the counselling rounds. The candidates who score marks equal to or greater than the minimum cut off will have their names appear on the merit list. Based on the previous years cut off trends, candidates can anticipate the cut off for 2022. The previous year cut off trends for different categories are mentioned in the table below:
|Category||2018 Cut Off||2019 Cut Off||2020 Cut Off||2021 Cut Off|
Types of Merit List in NEET PG 2022
Certain types of ranks are up for grabs by the aspirants. A detailed discussion of the same is provided below.
- All India NEET PG 2022 Rank: This is the candidate's overall rank or position amongst all the candidates who have appeared in NEET PG 2022 throughout India.
- All India 50% Quota Rank: This is the candidate's overall merit position amongst all the candidates who have appeared in NEET PG 2022 for the All India 50% quota. It is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post-Graduate Diploma Courses 2022 admission session.
- All India 50% Quota Category Rank: This is the candidate's overall merit position (Other Backward Classes/Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe) as opted by NEET PG candidate 2022 for All India 50% quota. This is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma Courses 2022 admission session.
- State Quota/ Private Medical Colleges/Deemed University/AFMS Rank: State quota rank, state category rank, the benefit for In-service candidates, and rural posting (if applicable) shall be determined/generated by the designated agency/authority of the concerned States/university/concerned authority as per applicable Regulation and their NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria, guidelines, and applicable reservation policies.
NEET PG 2022 State Counselling
The respective state counselling authorities will conduct NEET PG counselling 2022 for the remaining 50% State Quota seats (100% in Jammu and Kashmir) in government medical colleges and all the self-financing seats, in private colleges.
The states will be conducting the standard centralized counselling for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses and will be releasing their counselling schedule for NEET PG 2022 state counselling. The state merit list will be prepared based on NEET PG merit list 2022.
Non-Participating Institutes in NEET PG 2022
The following Medical institutions do not participate in centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET PG exam:
- All India Institute Of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum
NEET PG 2022 Counselling Participating Institutes
The contents below contain the lists of participating institutes in NEET PG 2022 counselling process and the reputed colleges that are participating in examinations for candidates to enrol.
Central Universities Participating in NEET PG 2022 Counselling
The institutions are affiliated with the Board of Examinations which provide a direct entryway for candidates to secure their seat in some of the highly reputed institutes.
Deemed Universities Participating in NEET PG 2022 Counselling
The list of deemed universities participating in NEET PG 2022 counselling process is provided by NEET PG authorities for candidates to be aware of the various institutions that are affiliated with the examination.
Universities Participating in NEET PG 2022 Counselling under AIQ
The list of universities participating in NEET PG 2022 counselling process under AIQ has been released by the official admissions committee of the NBE which is the conducting body of NEET PG 2022.
NEET PG 2022 Basic Counselling for Seats
Counselling will be conducted for All India 50% quota seats. Moreover, NEET PG 2022 Counselling will also be conducted for All India 50% category rank seats.
- Admission into Private medical colleges/Deemed universities: Counselling for admission to private Medical Colleges, Institutions, Universities & Deemed Universities shall be conducted by the designated counselling authority of these Private Colleges/Institutions/Institutes/Universities/Deemed Universities using NEET PG 2022 scores and as per applicable Regulations and their eligibility criteria, reservation policy among other things.
- Admission into Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counselling for admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions shall be conducted by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Ministry of Defence, Government of India using NEET PG 2022 scores and as per their eligibility criteria, applicable Regulations & guidelines.
- Admission into DNB Broad Speciality Courses: Admission into DNB Broad Speciality Courses: Centralised merit-based Counselling will be conducted by NBE using NEET PG 2022 scores.
NEET PG 2022 Reporting to Allotted Colleges Points to Remember
The seat allotment result for the various counselling rounds will be published online at the MCC official website. The candidates will be allotted seats on their merit in the entrance exam, seat availability in the respective colleges, and the candidates' choices.
- At the time of admission, colleges are also instructed to take only the transaction charges (10% of the annual fee) for candidates selected for upgrading in the next round. And, in case the candidates get upgraded, the documents should be handed over back to the candidates as early as possible, and fees must be refunded if any.
- In case any allotted candidate is not in a position to bring the Demand Draft (DD) because of the bank holidays, he/she may be given provisional admission based on a post-dated cheque/ Undertaking.
- In case of any discrepancy regarding fees/Bond Information, the candidates must confirm the same from the college authorities before reporting.