The NEET PG 2021 counseling is the main process involved in recruiting candidates into the top medical institutions in the nation. Based on the scores and cut offs of the candidates, the admissions will take place. Hence, candidates should make sure to secure very high cut offs by performing well in the exam in order to attain seats in affiliated reputed institutions and universities in India.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Highlights
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), will announce the dates of NEET PG 2021 counselling. The registration began on Feb 23, 2021. NEET PG 2021 authorities will be conducting the NEET PG 2021 first round of counselling after the announcement of NEET PG 2021 results. This applies for the admission to MD/MS and PG Diploma seats. The counselling of NEET PG 2021 for 50% All India Quota seats will be conducted in two rounds. While the counselling for Central & Deemed Universities will be conducted in the third round. The same will be notified along with the notifications for the NEET PG 2021 counselling process on the official website of the NBE.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling - 1st Round
The NEET PG 2021 counselling schedule will be updated by the exam conducting authorities. Candidates who have completed the examination and achieved the qualifying score are eligible for the NEET PG Counselling 2021. The NEET PG 2021 counselling Round 1 schedule is as follows:
|Registration for Counselling||To be announced|
|Choice Filling/ Locking||To be announced|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|Result of Seat Allotment (Provisional)||To be announced|
|Result of Seat Allotment (Final)||To be announced|
|Reporting for Admission||To be announced|
|Transfer of remaining seats to State Admission Committees||To be announced|
NEET PG 2021 Counselling - 2nd Round
The NEET PG 2nd round of counselling will be conducted for:
- Candidates who did not get any seat allotted to them in the 1st round of counselling.
- Candidates who got seat allotment cancelled in the 1st round in the physical document verification process.
- Candidates who want to upgrade their seats in the 2nd round.
- Candidates who did not participate in the 1st round of counselling.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling - Mop-up Round
The NEET PG counselling 2021 mop-up round will be conducted for admissions to central and deemed universities and ESIC institutes. The NEET PG mop-up round of counselling will be conducted for:
- Candidates who did not attend the 1st and 2nd rounds of counselling.
- Candidates who did not report to their respective institutes during the 1st and the 2nd rounds.
- Candidates who were not allotted seats in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
MCC will conduct counselling for the following categories:
- 50% All India Quota seats for all State Govt. medical/dental colleges/institutes, except Jammu and Kashmir's state as per merit of PG NEET 2021.
- For all PG seats of the Deemed Universities as per merit of PG NEET 2021.
- 50% institutional quota seats for Central Universities of Delhi University, Aligarh Muslim University, and Banaras Hindu University.
- PG counselling for institutes of Armed Forces Medical Services.
- The state Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana participate in All India Quota's online counseling from the academic year 2021.
Types of Merit List in NEET PG 2021
- All India NEET PG 2021 rank: This is the candidate's overall rank or position amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET PG 2021 throughout India.
- All India 50% quota rank: This is the candidate's overall merit position amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET PG 2021 for All India 50% quota. It is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post-Graduate Diploma Courses 2021 admission session.
- All India 50% quota Category Rank: This is the candidate's overall merit position (Other Backward Classes/Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe) as opted by the NEET PG candidate 2021 for All India 50% quota. This is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma Courses 2021 admission session.
- State quota/ Private medical colleges/Deemed University/AFMS rank: State quota rank, state category rank, the benefit for In-service candidates, rural posting (if applicable) shall be determined/generated by the designated agency/authority of the concerned States/university/concerned authority as per applicable Regulation and their NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria, guidelines, and applicable reservation policies.
Documents Required for NEET PG 2021 Counselling
The candidates must fill the choice of courses and colleges during the counselling process. The admission of candidates depends upon their preferences and availability of seats. The following documents must be shown during the counselling time.
- NEET PG 2021 Admit Card and Rank Card.
- Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate (10th & 12th)
- Graduation Certificate.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate.
- Counselling call letter.
- Recent passport size Photographs.
Basic Counselling for Seats
- Admission into Private medical colleges/Deemed University: Counselling for admission to private Medical Colleges, Institutions, Universities & Deemed Universities shall be conducted by the designated counselling authority of these Private Colleges/Institutions/Institutes/Universities/Deemed Universities using NEET PG 2021 scores and as per applicable Regulations and their eligibility criteria, reservation policy among other things.
- Admission into Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counselling for admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions shall be conducted by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Ministry of Defence, Government of India using NEET PG 2021 scores and as per their eligibility criteria, applicable Regulations & guidelines.
- Admission into DNB Broad Speciality Courses: Admission into DNB Broad Speciality Courses: Centralised merit-based Counselling will be conducted by NBE using NEET PG 2021 scores.
Note: Counselling will be conducted for All India 50% quota seats. Moreover, NEET PG 2021 Counselling will also be conducted for All India 50% category rank seats.
Reporting to Allotted Colleges - Points to Remember
- At the time of admission, colleges are also instructed to take only the transaction charges (10% of the annual fee) for candidates selected for upgrading in the next round. And, in case the candidates get upgraded, the documents should be handed over back to the candidates as early as possible, and fees must be refunded if any.
- In case any allotted candidate is not in a position to bring the Demand Draft (DD) because of the bank holidays, he/she may be given provisional admission based on a post-dated cheque/ Undertaking.
- In case of any discrepancy regarding fees/Bond Information, the candidates must confirm the same from the college authorities before reporting.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Registration steps
Candidates can check the step by step procedure to participate in the counselling:
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the link which is given above to register online for NEET PG 2021 Counselling. Next, the applicant must enter details such as Testing ID/Roll Number, Confirmation Number/Application Number/ Candidate Name, parent's Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID, Security pin.
- Submit the details by clicking on the "Submit" button, as shown below.
Step 2: Allotment Process (Choice Filling)
- Aspirants need to log in by entering the details like their Testing ID/ Roll Number, selecting the stream, Password.
- Candidates should fill the subjects and institutions/ colleges in choice and order of preference.
- Applicants can choose from possible options. The allotment will be done based on choices submitted by the qualified candidate in order of preference.
- Once the candidate had filled in their choices, they can lock it. Before locking, kindly check twice if any modifications are needed. It is mandatory to get a printout of your submitted options, and also candidate must note the choices.
- Suppose a candidate does not lock the choice; in that case, the submitted choices will be automatically locked on the notified date and time. However, one will be allowed to take a printout of choices, but there is no option to change answers.
Step 3: Seat Allotment Result
The seat allotment result for the various counseling rounds will be published online at the MCC official website. The candidates will be allotted seats on their merit in the entrance exam, seat availability in the respective colleges, and the candidates' choices.
How to Download Seat Allotment Letter for NEET PG 2021 Counselling
Follow the instructions given below to download the allotment letter successfully:
- Click on the link which is given below to download the Allotment Letter for Round 1.
- Enter login details like Stream, Round, and Roll Number.
- Submit the details.
- Download and take its print out to bring it on the day of admission.
NEET PG 2021 State Counselling
The respective state counseling authorities will conduct the NEET PG counselling 2021 for the remaining 50% State Quota seats (100% in Jammu and Kashmir) in government medical colleges and all the self-financing seats, private colleges.
The states will be conducting the standard centralized counselling for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses and will be releasing their counselling schedule for the NEET PG 2021 state counselling. The state merit list will be prepared based on the NEET PG merit list 2021.
Non-participating Institutes in NEET PG 2021
The following Medical institutions do not participate in centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET PG exam:
- All India Institute Of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Eligibility
Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria for NEET PG 2021 counselling process based on their scores in the examination as per the MCC's cut off. The cut off marks are the minimum marks required for candidates to be eligible for the counselling rounds. The candidates who score marks equal to or greater than the minimum cut off will have their names appear in the merit list. Based on the previous years' cut off trends, candidates can anticipate the cut off for 2021. The previous year cut off trends for different categories are mentioned in the table below:
|Category||2018 Cut Off||2019 Cut Off||2020 Cut Off|
NEET PG 2021 Counselling - Participating Institutes
The tables below contain the lists of participating institutes in the NEET PG 2021 counselling process:
Central Universities Participating in the NEET PG 2021 Counselling
The list of central universities participating in the NEET PG 2021 counselling process are as follows:
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU, Aligarh|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi|
|Universal College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Vallabhai Patel Chest Institute, New Delhi|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi|
|National Institute of Health and Welfare|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and RML Hospital, IP|
|VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital|
Deemed Universities Participating in the NEET PG 2021 Counselling
The list of deemed universities participating in the NEET PG 2021 counselling process are as follows:
|Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi||Dr. DY Patil Educational Society Deemed University, Kolhapur|
|M.M. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mullana||Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai|
|SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth, Vadodara||Rural Medical College and PIMS, Loni|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal||Institute of Medical Sciences and SUMH, Bhubaneswar|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Univ., Mangalore||Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar|
|JSS Medical College, Jagadguru||Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and RI, Puducherry|
|Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, KLEU, Belagavi||Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute, Kancheepuram|
|SDU Medical College, Kolar||ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai|
|K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru||SRM Medical College and Hospital, Chennai|
|Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||Saveetha Medical College, Chennai|
|Sri Siddhartha Medical College DU, Tumkur||Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai|
|Shri B M. Patil Medical College Hospital and R C B L D E University, Vijayapura||VMKV Medical College and Hospital, Salem|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Science, Kochi||Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and RI, Kancheepuram|
|Krishna Institute Of Medical Sciences, Karad||Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune||Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Chennai|
|BVDU Medical College and Hospital, Sangli||Vinayaka Missions Medical College and Hospital, Karaikal|
|JLN Medical College, Datta Meghe, Wardha||Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospital, Puducherry|
|MGM Medical College, Aurangabad||Sri Lakshmi Narayana Inst. of Medical Sciences, Puducherry|
|MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai||Santosh Medical College and Hospital, Ghaziabad|
|Dr. DY Patil Medical College and Hospital, Pune||Medical Counseling Committee, New Delhi|
|Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital|
Universities Participating in the NEET PG 2021 Counselling under AIQ
The list of universities participating in the NEET PG 2021 counselling process under AIQ are as follows:
|Government Medical College, Nagpur||Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College, Kanpur||Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi|
|Government Medical College, Aurangabad||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh||Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi|
|Grant Medical College, Mumbai||B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha|
|Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur||Government Medical College, Surat||Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh|
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai||Government Medical College, Baroda||Guntur Medical College, Guntur|
|Dr. Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur||King Georges Medical University, Lucknow||Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada|
|Government Medical College, Miraj||Shri MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar||S.V. Medical College, Tirupathi|
|Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai||P D U Government Medical College, Rajkot||Siddartha Medical College, Vijayawada|
|Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer||Government Medical College, Bhavnagar||Government Medical College, Ananthapur|
|Swami Ramanand Teerth Rural Medical College, Ambajogai||Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut||Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool|
|Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai||Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College, Jhansi||Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam|
|Government Medical College, Nanded||Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad||Goa Medical College, Panaji|
|Shri Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College, Yavatmal||Pt. B.D. Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak||Patna Medical College, Patna|
|Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Medical College, Raipur||Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra||Gandhi Medical College Musheerabad Secunderabad|
|Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow||Kakatiya Medical College Warangal|
|All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai||UP Rural Institute of Medical Sciences, Safai, Etawah||Osmania Medical College Koti|
|Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences, Bilaspur||BPS Government Medical College for Women, Sonepat||Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai||Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla||RIMS Srikakulam|
|Government Medical College, Latur||Dr. R.P.G. Medical College, Tanda||RIMS Kadapa|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi||Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Sitapur||RIMS Ongole|
|ESI PGIMSR, Andheri, Mumbai||Institute of Mental Health and Hospital, Agra||Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University|
|Sawai ManSingh Medical College, Jaipur||Dr. Ram Manhohar Lohia Institute Of Medical Sciences, Lucknow||
Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry
|Government Medical College, Akola||Government Medical College, Haldwani||SHKM GMC, Nalhar, Mewat|
|Baba Raghav Das Medical College, Gorakhpur||Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research, Kolkata||Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati|
|Regional Institute of Medical Science, Imphal||Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal|
|Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur||Institute of Child Health, Kolkata||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre|
|Government Medical College, Kota||Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore||
Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Government Medical Science and Research Institute
|Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College, Brahmapur||Medical College, Kolkata||Government Dharamapuri Medical College, Dharamapuri|
|Shrirama Chandra Bhanja Medical College, Cuttack||North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling||Government Thoothukudi Medical College|
|Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli||
Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopedics, Bangalore
|Veer Surendra Sai Medical College, Burla||R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata||Tezpur Medical College, Tezpur|
|Government Medical College, Patiala||Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary||Rajiv Gandhi Medical College and CSMH|
|Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore||School of Tropical Medicine, Kolkata||Government Medical College,Nizamabad|
|Government Medical College, Amritsar||Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata||
Government Villupuram Medical College, Villupuram, Tamil Nadu
|Guru Govind Singh Medical College, Faridkot||Mysore Medical College and Research Institute, Mysore||
Government Bundelkhand Medical College Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
|Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai||Nilratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkata||College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital|
|Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala||Indira Gandhi Institute Of Child Health, Bangalore||
Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College and Hospital, Barpeta, Assam
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura||
Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporations Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital
|Madhurai Medical College, Madhurai||Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore||RUHS College of Medical Sciences|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai||All India Instuitute of Hygiene and Public Health||
Dharwad Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, DIMHANS, Dharwad
|Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur||ESI PGIMSR, Bangalore||Super Speciality Paediatric Hospital and Post Graduate|
|Tiruneveli Medical College, Tiruneveli||Chittaranjan Seva Sadan Sishu Sadan College of Obstetrics, Kolkata||Government Medical College Kannur|
|Government Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Selam||ESI PGIMSR, Joka, Kolkata||Thiruvarur Govt.Medical College|
|Chengalpattu Medical College, Chengalpattu||Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bidar||NEIGRIHMS, Shillong|
|K A P Viswanathan Government Medical College, Tiruchirapalli||Dr B C Roy Post Graduate Institute Of Pediatric Sciences, Kolkata||Sri Bhausaheb Hire Government Medical College|
|ESI PGIMSR, Chennai||ESI PGIMSR, Maniktala||
Late Shri Lakhi Ram Agrawal Memorial Government Medical College
|Government Theni Medical College, Theni||Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur||Rajiv Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences|
|Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore||Midnapur Medical College, Midnapur||Government Medical College Mahabubnagar Telangana|
|Kanyakumari Medical College, Kanyakumari||Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan||Late Baliram Kashyap Memorial Govt Medical Dimrapal|
|PGIMER Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi||Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya||
SDS Tuberculosis Research Centre and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases
|Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences, Delhi||Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga||
HBT Medical College and Dr RN Cooper Municipal General Hospital Juhu
|Agartala Government Medical College G.B. Pant Hospital, Agartala||Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum||Vardhaman Institute of Medical Sciences|
|ESI PGIMSR, Delhi||Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Jamshedpur||Malda Medical College|