Before applying for the AIIMS MBBS 2021, candidates should check the eligibility for the AIIMS-MBBS exam set by the AIIMS. All the details of the eligibility criteria are described below. If a person has satisfied all the mentioned criteria then he or she may read the AIIMS Syllabus and begin his or her preparation
Candidates seeking admission to MBBS courses in the AIIMS institutes across the country must check the eligibility criteria 2021. Aspirants must go through the eligibility criteria of AIIMS MBBS 2021 before filling the application form.
The essential eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2021, the undergraduate medical entrance exam of AIIMS, New Delhi are academic qualifications, citizenship, domicile, the maximum age, and the candidates need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria. The aspirants can refer to the Syllabus of AIIMS MBBS 2021 to prepare well for the subjects.
The Eligibility Criteria for upcoming AIIMS MBBS Entrance exam 2021 is mentioned below:
The minimum aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology obtained in the qualifying examination should be 60% aggregate to satisfy the eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2021. Candidates must be 17 years old as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2021) to satisfy the eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2021.
Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board of any Indian State. Candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the final year of the qualifying Examination from a recognized Board/ University are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination (CEE) for AIIMS MBBS 2021. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the Qualifying Examination, with the required subjects and percentage of marks for AIIMS MBBS 2021.
Candidates must have pursued English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects in Class 12th to satisfy the eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2021. Candidates applying for AIIMS MBBS 2021 must produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association to certify that the candidate has passed the examination that is equivalent to the 12th class. Those with CGPA Grades only will have to apply the Conversion Factor in the AIIMS MBBS 2019 Application Form.
The Conversion Factor should be as approved by their respective Examination Board for AIIMS MBBS 2021. Candidates born on or after 1st January 2004, will not be considered for the admission process for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2021.
|Qualification of Exam||10+2 or equivalent with physics, chemistry, biology, and English as an exam.|
|Minimum age limit||17 years|
|Qualifying aggregate marks||General/OBC - 60%SC/SC/OPH - 50%|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and Foreign Nationals|
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility 2021 Qualifying Marks
To fulfill the AIIMS MBBS 2021 eligibility criteria, the candidate must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The aggregate of the marks for General and Other Backward Caste (OBC) candidates in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in their Class 12 or HSC examination must be 60%.
- Reserved Category: Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Orthopedic physically handicapped (OPH) category should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the four subjects in their Class 12 or HSC examination.
- CGPA Applicants: Candidates with CGPA grades only have to apply the conversion factor in the AIIMS MBBS 2021 Application form. The Conversion Factor should be as approved by their respective Board of Examinations.
- For Other Country: Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination.
A certain percentage of seats in AIIMS are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Non-Creamy – Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), and People with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) candidates.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|Non-Creamy - Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27|
|People with Benchmark Disability (PWBD)||5|
AIIMS MBBS 2021 Qualifying Marks Percentage (Based On Category)
The below-given table shows the Qualifying percentage for AIIMS MBBS and it is based on each category.
|Category||Marks in 10+2 or HSC examination|
|General/Other Backward Classes (OBC)||60% aggregate in PCBE|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH)||50% aggregate in PCBE|
|Foreign candidates||50% aggregate in PCBE|
AIIMS MBBS OCI Eligibility Criteria 2021:
Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), who are registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955, are eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS 2021. The same terms and conditions applicable to Indian national will apply to OCIs. For being on the eligibility list for AIIMS MBBS 2021 exam, OCIs need to produce OCI registration proof under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India need to pass science examination or equivalent with a minimum aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. There is no need for foreign nationals to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination. This provision is applicable to AIIMS New Delhi only.
AIIMS MBBS Foreign Nationals Eligibility Criteria 2021:
The foreign candidates nominated by the government of India need to pass an intermediate science examination or equivalent with a minimum aggregate score of 50% to satisfy the eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2021.
- Compulsory subjects: The foreign candidates who are applying must have pursued Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English to satisfy the eligibility criteria for AIIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2021.
- Examination Criteria: There is no need for foreign nationals to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination. This provision is applicable only to AIIMS New Delhi. The eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS 2021 differs between the students from India and the students from other countries. Thus to get elected in the AIIMS MBBS 2021 Entrance exam, the above-mentioned conditions should be met.