If you are interested in taking up a Post Graduate Diploma in a reputed university or an institution in the nation, then taking up the DNB PDCET would be the best option for you. Candidates who want to pursue higher education in Post Graduate Diploma can attend this exam and secure seats in top universities by clearing and scoring high.
- Sep 17, 2021: The admit cards for DNB PDCET 2021 are released today. Those who have successfully applied before Sep 5 will be able to download their admit cards by logging in. The exam will be conducted on Sep 19, 2021.
- What is DNB PDCET 2021?
- DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Date
- DNB PDCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- DNB PDCET 2021 Application Form
- DNB PDCET 2021 Syllabus
- DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- DNB PDCET 2021 Seat Matrix
- DNB PDCET 2021 Admit Card
- DNB PDCET 2021 Result
- DNB PDCET 2021 Counselling
- DNB PDCET 2021 Reference Books
- DNB PDCET 2021 Previous Years Question Papers
- How to prepare for the DNB PDCET 2021?
- DNB PDCET Contact Details
What is DNB PDCET 2021?
The DNB PDCET 2021 Examination is the acronym for the Diploma National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test 2021, which is a centralized national level examination for candidates to get admission for the Post Diploma courses offered by the DNB. The DNB PDCET 2021 Examination is managed and organized by the National Board of Examinations. The candidates who clear the entrance examination will be required to undergo two years of training in any of the acknowledged institutions of DNB, after which the candidates will be required to take up the final examination. Only after clearing the examination will the candidates be deemed to be eligible for a degree from the DNB.
The important DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Highlights are mentioned in the table below.
|Examination Name||DNB PDCET|
|Full form||Diploma National Board Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test|
|Organizing Body||National Board of Examinations|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|Examination Type||Post Graduation|
|Courses available||DNB courses|
|Examination Frequency||Yearly 2 times|
|Examination Medium||English Language|
DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Date
The DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Date and other important events are given below.
|Application Form Start date||Aug 31, 2021|
|Application Form End date||Sep 5, 2021|
|Admit Card||Sep 17, 2021|
|Exam Date||Sep 19, 2021|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Counselling Date||To be announced|
DNB PDCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to make sure that they clear certain Eligibility Criteria set by the NBE. The DNB PDCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria must be cleared in order to be eligible for the examination. The Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below according to categories.
Nationality and Domicile
The candidates must be a Citizen of India. Proofs and documents stating the personal information have to be submitted by the candidates for verification.
There is no age limit set by the NBE for the DMB PDCET 2021 Examination. Candidates of all age categories are eligible to apply for the examination.
- The candidate should have passed the final exam for a postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian university.
- Candidate must possess proof of having passed/ passing the postgraduate diploma final examination on or before November 30, 2020.
- The candidate must have been registered with the Medical Council of India or the respective state medical council.
- Candidates who have qualified PG Diploma exit examination or and getting their results after November 30, 2020, will also be eligible to apply for DNB PDCET 2021.
- Candidates who are already pursuing an MD/MS/DNB course will NOT eligible to appear for the DNB PDCET 2021 exam.
DNB PDCET 2021 Application Form
The DNB PDCET 2021 Application Form can be filled from the official website by the candidates. Candidates are required to go through the instructions carefully prior to filling up the application form. The details on how to download the application form for the DNB PDCET 2021 Examination is given below.
How to fill the DNB PDCET 2021?
The stepwise process for fill the DNB PDCET 2021 is elaborated.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on New Registration in the PDCET tab.
- Complete the registration process.
- Upload images and documents.
- Select a test centre of your choice.
- Pay the application fees.
- Print the application form for future references.
Candidates are required to make sure that they clear the eligibility criteria before filling the application, as it will be deemed ineligible otherwise. It is also important for the candidates to submit the necessary documents along with the application.
Documents required for the DNB PDCET 2021 Application Process
The documents required for the DNB PDCET 2021 Application Process are as follows.
- ID Proof
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Caste Reservation Certificate
- Aadhar Card information
- Class X certificate
- Class XII certificate
- Degree Marksheet
- University or College details
- Internship (if any)
DNB PDCET 2021 Syllabus
The Topics and subjects for the DNB PDCET 2021 Syllabus is very crucial for the candidates to know and be aware of. Candidates are required to understand and know the syllabus very well in order to be aware of the overview of the topics and prepare accordingly for the examination. The DNB PDCET 2021 Syllabus is given below.
- Radio Therapy
- General Medicine
- General Medicine
- Community Medicine
Candidates need to go through the above-mentioned syllabus topics for their exam preparation.
DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The DNB PDCET 2021 Exam Pattern has been prepared and laid down by the organizing body of the National Body of Examinations (NBE). The candidates are required to understand and have an idea about the Exam Pattern of the DNB PDCET 2021 Examination in order to prepare accordingly and score better. The aspects of the Examination such as the topics, time allotment and marks are included in the exam pattern, which essentially contributes to the efficiency of the candidates and the time management during the exam.
The important aspects of the Exam Pattern are elaborated in the table below.
|Subjects||Marks Allotted||Question count|
|Ophthalmology and ENT||80||20|
|Gynaecology and Obstetrics||100||25|
|Pharmacology Pathology and Microbiology||100||25|
|Radio Therapy, Dermatology, Psychiatry and General Medicine||140||35|
|Physiology, Biochemistry and Anatomy||100||25|
|Radiodiagnosis, Anaesthesia, Orthopaedics and General Medicine||140||35|
Candidates should be aware of the marking system of the Examination.
- Correct answers are awarded 4 marks each
- A deduction of 1 mark for each wrong answer
- No deduction for unattended questions
DNB PDCET 2021 Seat Matrix
Candidates will be given admissions on the basis of the availability of the seats in the institutions and the score that they have secured in the DNB PDCET 2021 Exam. The seat availability in the universities and other institutions are termed the DNB PDCET 2021 Seat Matrix. The details of the same are provided below in the link.
DNB PDCET 2021 Admit Card
The DNB PDCET 2021 Admit Card was released by the organizing body of the exam, NBE, on its official website on Sep 17, 2021. The admit card has been released a couple of days before the examination date. The DNB PDCET 2021 Admit Card should be printed and is mandatory for all candidates to possess the admit card during the time of the examination. Failing to do the same will result in the candidates to be not permitted inside the exam hall.
How to download the DNB PDCET 2021 Admit Card
The steps involved in downloading the DNB PDCET 2021 Admit Card are as follows.
- Visit the official website of the NBE
- Click on the DNB PDCET tab
- Click on Admit Card under DNB PDCET
- Enter the login credentials
- Once redirected, view the admit card
- Download and print the admit card
DNB PDCET 2021 Result
The DNB PDCET 2021 Result will be published by the NBE on the official website. Candidates are required to perform very well since the result is entirely based on the individual’s performance. The results will be declared post the DNB PDCET 2021 examination date, on the scheduled date.
How to view the DNB PDCET 2021 Result
- Visit the official website of the NBE
- Click on the DNB PDCET tab
- Click on the Results section under DNB PDCET
- Enter the login credentials
- View the results
DNB PDCET 2021 Counselling
The DNB PDCET 2021 Counselling process begins after the results have been published. Candidates can participate in the counselling process by registering themselves prior to the commencement of the process. The registration fee for the counselling process is INR 2500, and all the candidates must pay in order to be eligible for counselling.
How to register for counselling
- Visit the official website of the DNB PDCET. Counselling.nbe.edu.in
- Click on the PD CET tab
- Enter the required credentials on the login page
- Make payment
- Download the application form
- Fill in the details along with necessary documents
- Click submit
The DNB PDCET 2021 Counselling process will take place in four rounds
- First round
- Second round
- Third round
- Fourth round
DNB PDCET 2021 Reference Books
It is very essential for the candidates to go through the DNB PDCET 2021 Reference Books in order to prepare well for the exam. Going through the reference books help the candidates to understand the topics well and know the questions to be expected in the main exam. The DNB PDCET 2021 Reference books are given below.
- Forensic Medicine
- PG Entrance Exams recent papers
- Review of Radiology in conceptual aspects
- DNB PDCET - Review and Assessment
- Preparation for DNB PDCET
Candidates should go through the above-mentioned books in order to prepare well and score high in the exam.
DNB PDCET 2021 Previous Years Question Papers
The DNB PDCET 2021 is a very crucial way by which candidates can get an idea about the type and distribution of questions in the main exam. Another important reason for studying the previous years' question papers is because of the possibility of questions getting repeated in the newer exams. Candidates can prepare well by practising the previous years' question papers along with studying them.
How to prepare for the DNB PDCET 2021?
Candidates can use techniques and strategies for preparing for the DNB PDCET 2021 Exam. By preparing well using certain techniques, candidates can score high. The main ways involving the preparation for the DNB PDCET 2021 Exam can be done are explained below.
Knowing the topics
Candidates should go through the topics very carefully for every subject Topic Wise preparation will help the candidates to know and remember the concepts well and understand better. It will also help them to answer the questions more precisely during the exam.
During the exam, time efficiency is very important. Candidates should be able to finish the exam within the allotted time. It is advised that they prepare with a stopwatch and try completing questions within a certain time. This way of practising will lead to the candidates being more efficient.
Candidates should practise attending mock tests and should try completing the exam within the time allotted in the real exam. This will enhance the candidates and they will be able to understand the distribution of the questions and their types. They can easily score high by practising the mock tests.
DNB PDCET Contact Details
- For exam related queries, contact the National Board of Examinations at:
Phone support will be available during these times:
- 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM from Monday to Friday
- Sep 19, 2021 (Examination day): 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- NBE Candidate Care will be closed on Saturday, Sunday & Gazetted
- Helpline Number: 022-61087595
- Email: [email protected]
- Official Website: nbe.edu.in, www.natboard.edu.in