Candidates must create a timetable, know the syllabus, and refer to the best books for NEET 2024. However, they are advised not to panic, lose track of time, and exhaust themselves.
Do’s and Don’ts before NEET 2024, making a list of NEET exam do’s and don’ts is always a good way to identify and organize what is important and what is the right way to approach something. For NEET 2024 candidates must prepare a study time table, strategise per the syllabus, revise and practice and most importantly take care of their physical and mental wellbeing. Following a defined set of guidelines has always proven to help not only students to perform well during examinations but is known to be an easier way to follow through any kind of stressful activity.
Table of Content
Do’s and Don’ts Before NEET 2024
Preparation is the first and most important task before taking any examination and only through proper preparation can a student hope to perform well in NEET. In order to make their preparations as perfect as possible, make sure to follow the NEET exam do’s and don’ts:
Do’s before NEET Exam
There are various rules, techniques and mantras that a student can follow to amplify their exam preparations and gain more confidence regarding their abilities. The following will help NEET candidates in attaining the same:
- Make a timetable: Maintaining and following a properly structured timetable is of utmost importance when preparing for an exam like NEET. A timetable makes sure that proper management of a student’s time is done and there is less confusion regarding preparations.
- Break down the syllabus: The syllabus for NEET is a massive one and a standard approach will not be a very productive one when it comes to covering every topic. Making a proper study plan and sincerely approaching the syllabus is the only way to make sure the preparation is done right.
- Practice rigorously: Candidates must remind themselves of the level of difficulty and competition that NEET holds, and must practice and revise every topic accordingly.
- Take care of your health: Blind preparation with no regard for mental and physical health is a gamble that students should refrain from doing, if a student is not well when the actual examination is near, the entire effort the student has given is bound to be wasted.
Don’ts before NEET Exam
- Avoid Procrastination: When preparing for NEET, students are faced with a huge number of topics to cover. Some of the topics in the syllabus might appear to be very complicated, difficult or just frustrating to go through, in such cases students should make sure that they don’t succumb to laziness and skip anything.
- Don’t forget to take a break: Preparation for NEET is a daily routine that can become monotonous for students and sometimes too much to handle. Students need to understand the value of taking a break from preparations to recharge their energy.
- Don’t overexert yourself: Anxiety, panic, stress and fear are all common symptoms before a big examination and we’ve all been through it, but the important thing is to not get too involved in negative feelings and hamper the actual preparations.
- Don’t keep your doubts unresolved: A very important thing to remember is to clear all doubts as and when they arrive during preparations. Keeping doubts unresolved will later lead to a huge backlog and ultimately affect overall preparation.
Do’s and Don’ts During NEET 2024
The day of the examination is one of the most stress-inducing times a student can find themselves in, during this time maintaining a calm mind and focusing on the important points is of the utmost importance, hence students should know of the NEET exam do’s and don’ts.
Do’s During NEET Exam
For a smooth and easy exam experience, students must make sure to:
- Be Calm and Maintain Composure: Appearing for the examination and sitting among other examinees can be very nerve-racking, especially for first-time exam takers. Students must not panic too much during the exam and try to stay as calm as possible.
- Be Punctual: Reaching the examination centre on time or rather before time is very important. There are various procedures that a student needs to go through like verification, frisking, etc. before sitting for the examination and ample time is required for the entire process to be completed.
- Make sure to carry important items: Students must make sure that they have everything they need like admit card, pen, etc. before they enter the examination hall.
- Follow the rules: Candidates must follow every rule laid down by the NTA and the invigilator present whilst in the examination hall to avoid any kind of trouble.
Don’ts During NEET Exam
Students should always keep in mind the following before they appear for NEET:
- Don’t avoid sleep/rest: The night before the examination can be one of the most stressful nights one can ask for, but candidates must make sure to get enough sleep and rest so that their performance is not affected.
- Don’t carry barred items: Candidates must make sure to check themselves before entering the examination hall for any items that are not permitted inside.
- Don’t engage in interactions: Conversations of any kind inside the examination hall is out of the question and candidates caught doing so will be penalized.
- Don’t forget to manage your time: Often students get stuck on a difficult question and spend more time on it than they can afford, students should always keep the time in mind and not waste too much on a single question.
Do’s and Don’ts After NEET 2024
Once the NEET examination concludes, students are either too confused, too scared or in some cases not too bothered about what happens after the examination. Students must remember that appearing for NEET is only a step in the long journey of securing admission to a reputed medical institute and a medical/dental course.
Do’s After NEET Exam
The conclusion of NEET marks the beginning of many events and students must make sure to:
- Keep track of notices, announcements and releases by the NTA: After NEET, the NTA releases important documents like the provisional answer key, OMR sheet, recorded responses, etc. which are very important for candidates regarding counselling and admission processes and students must make sure to check the official website of NEET(neet.nta.nic.in) every day.
- Calculate a rough score/rank: Candidates must make sure to retain their answers as any kind of markings on the question paper is not allowed. After the conclusion of the examination, students can compare their answers with answer keys released on the same day to come up with a rough score/rank to predict the colleges that they might qualify for when the results/merit list is declared.
Don’ts After NEET Exam
Students must make sure to not partake in certain activities and avoid certain situations after NEET exam like:
- Avoid Comparison: Comparing performances with others is the most common way students lose hope and motivation and thus, should be avoided at all costs.
- Don’t lose hope: Even if a candidate was not able to secure a decent score/rank and make it to the merit list, they should not lose hope and motivation. NEET allows multiple attempts which means that a candidate can always retake the exam with better preparation.