JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Overview
|Details||JIPMER MBBS 2020 Eligibility|
|Domicile||Only Indian Nationals and Oversea Indians can apply|
|Age||Candidates must have completed 17 years before 31st December 2020 as per the JIPMER MBBS 2020 Age Limit criteria. Which means the candidate should be born on or before 1st Jan 2003.|
|Qualification||Candidates have to qualify 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.|
|Subjects||Candidate should pass the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.|
|Aggregate||Candidates must secure at least 60% marks (General), 50% marks (OBC/SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (General OPH) in PCB subjects.|
Detailed Eligibility Criteria:
Candidate has to be a citizen of India to be eligible for JIPMER MBBS 2020.
NRI and OCI candidates are also eligible to apply for JIPMER MBBS 2020.
Candidate should be 17 years old at the time of admission or should be 17 years old on or before 31st December 2019 ( year of candidates admission into the first year) which means should be born on or before 01/01/2003.
There is no upper age limit.
If the candidate does not meet minimum age criteria and requests for relaxation from prescribed age limit ( i.e. younger than 17 years old even after 31st December 2019) then it will not be considered for any category of applicant.
- Candidate must have passed Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/ Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training of 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by National Committee on Education.
- Candidates who have cleared qualifying examination other than those recognized by JIPMER will have to submit Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Candidate should obtain such an Eligibility Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, and is essential for OCI?NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S Course.
- Applicant must have passed in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks are taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology at qualifying examination for general ( unreserved) / EW's category.
- PwD candidates in general category should have minimum marks of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / PwD, minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination should be 40%.
Reservation Based on Category:
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal|
|Puducherry Domicile||SC - 6||SC - 2|
|OBC - 11||OBC - 5|
|Unreserved - 23||Unreserved - 7|
- Eligible students can apply for JIPMER MBBS 2020 application form and can follow the JIPMER MBBS application process.
Rejection of Admission
Conducting authority has the right to reject an application if the authority deems a student or applicant to be unfit or doesn't clear eligibility criteria. Situations, where this might arise, are given below
- The candidate who fails to fulfill the prescribed minimum age limit (17 years) for admission.
- Candidates who fail to obtain minimum stipulated marks in the qualifying examination ( Higher Secondary or +2)
- Candidates who have applied under Non-Creamy Layer OBC Category and where sub-caste NOT listed in current Central OBC List and whose certificate has NOT been submitted in the prescribed format from Competent Authority.
- The candidate who have applied under SC/ST category WITHOUT valid as in prescribed format from Competent Authority
- The candidate who have applied under Puducherry status with NO valid proof.
- Non Submission of OCI Registration Certificate issued by Competent Authority.