Want to do PG / Ph.D. in IT? Want to Study in one of the best colleges in India? Give IIITH PGEE Exam and get into the best college in India. Give your career an impetus after studying in this prestigious institution. IIITH PGEE stands for International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad Postgraduate Entrance Examination, which is conducted for the candidates seeking admissions into PG and research Programmes like M.Tech, M.S., Ph.D. It is a national level examination, held by the IIIT, Hyderabad. To know more about IIITH PGEE 2021, read below.
- January 15, 2021: The application process for admissions to all post-graduate courses is likely to begin in the second half of February, 2021.
- What is IIITH PGEE?
- IITH PGEE 2021 Exam Date
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Syllabus
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Application Form
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Centres
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Admit Card
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Result
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Counseling
- IIITH PGEE 2021 Reference Books
- Contact Details
What is IIITH PGEE?
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad Post Graduate Entrance Examination (IIITH PGEE) is an entrance examination conducted for admission into Postgraduate and Research programs.
- Conducting Body: IIITH PGEE is conducted by International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad.
- Grandiosity: International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIITH) is an autonomous university, founded as a not-for-profit public-private partnership (N-PPP) in 1998, and is the first IIIT in India under this model.
- Examination Level: IIITH PGEE is a National Level Entrance Examination.
- Courses Offered: The examination offers admission into Postgraduate and Research programs such as M.Tech/ MS/Ph.D
IIITH PGEE Highlights
The table below displays details regarding IIITH PGEE 2021 Highlights.
|Exam Name||International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad Post Graduate Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad|
|Courses||Postgraduate (M.Tech/ MS/ Ph.D)|
|Exam Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PPT)|
|No. of Papers||Paper I - Objective (General Aptitude)Paper II - Subjective|
|Duration||Paper I - 90 MinutesPaper II - 90 Minutes|
|Marking||No Negative Marking|
IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Date
Registration Date: Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. www.iiit.ac.in from Feb 12, 2021 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on May 30, 2021.
The detailed report of IITH PGEE Exam Date is as follows. One has to understand that these dates are tentative and they may change once the official notification is out.
|IIITH PGEE 2021 Application Start Date||Feb 12, 2021|
|IIITH PGEE 2021 Application End Date for M.Tech Programmes||May 30, 2021|
|IIITH PGEE 2021 Application End Date for MS and Ph.D Programmes||May 30, 2021|
|IIITH PGEE 2021 Admit Card Release||Jun 15, 2021|
|IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Date||Jul 24, 2021|
|IIITH PGEE 2021 Result Date||To be announced|
|IIITH PGEE 2021 Counselling Date||To be announced|
IIITH PGEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For any kind of examination, there are certain eligibility criteria for the candidates which they have to meet to be eligible to appear for the exam. These criteria change from exam to exams. The eligibility criteria are set by the IIIT Hyderabad. The IIITH PGEE 2021 eligibility criteria for the exam are given below:
- Candidates must have passed BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech (For Research Program) in any branch including CSE/ ECE/ EEE/ Civil/ Biotechnology, B.Arch, Master's Degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Information Technology/ Computers/ MCA Programmes.
- For M.S in Research and Ph.D. programs, candidates must have completed or going to complete M.Tech/ ME by July 2021. The candidates who are eligible for the M.Tech program are eligible to apply for these courses as well.
- The candidates who have completed or are going to complete their Masters in Social Science or Humanities by July 2021 are eligible to apply only for the Ph.D. programs in Spatial Informatics and Exact Humanities.
Note: Candidates must fulfil the IIITH PGEE eligibility criteria before proceeding with the Application Process if not candidates will be debarred from the examination.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Syllabus
It is an essential process to check the examination syllabus while preparing for an examination. It will be beneficial for the aspirants as it gives a better understanding about the exam. Candidates can look at the below listed points which gives detials about the IIITH PGEE 2021 Syllabus. The IIITH PGEE 2021 Syllabus will be for two papers such as General Aptitude and Subjective-based.
- General Aptitude: The syllabus for general aptitude consists of topics from Basic Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Basic Questions on Computers, and Mathematics.
- Subject-Based: The syllabus for subject-based consists of topics from Mathematics (Subjective), Computer Science (Objective), Electronics and Communications Engineering (Objective and Subjective), Structural Engineering (Subjective), Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics (Objective), Computational Linguistics.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern consists of the details about the entrance examination such as mode, marking scheme, duration and more. By referring to the IIITH PGEE 2021 exam pattern, the hopefuls were able to prepare well for the upcoming examination since they were familiar with the pattern. Aspirants can also refer to the below table to understand IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PPT)|
|No. of Papers||Paper I - Objective (General Aptitude) and Paper II - Subjective-based|
|Duration||Paper I - 90 Minutes and Paper II - 90 Minutes|
|Marks||There will be No Negative Marking.|
|Medium||The question paper will be in English medium.|
|Examination Paper||Question Pattern|
Electrical Communication and Engineering
P.S – Selection for the interview for the streams (i) VLSI & Embedded Systems and (ii) Signal Processing and Communication will be based on the score secured in this paper and marks scored in General Aptitude Test.
|The questions will be both objective and subjective. The subject will be divided into two parts – Part A (Electronics) and Part B (Signal Processing and Communication).|
|Computational Natural Sciences||Subjective|
|Computational Linguistics||Questions will be objective and subjective in nature.|
- Only admit card and original ID proof of the candidate will be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Obtaining and providing help during the exam is not allowed.
- Candidates should reach the examination centre one hour prior to the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates can only enter the examination hall 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam.
- No conversation in the examination hall is allowed.
- Candidates found with a barred item will be disqualified.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination centre before the conclusion of the exam.
- No electronic gadgets like Bluetooth devices, calculators, mobile phones, digital watches are allowed in the examination hall.
- No extra sheets, pages, rough sheets are allowed in the examination hall by the candidates.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Application Form
Candidates can fill the Application Forms till May 30, 2021. Before filling the IIITH PGEE 2021 Application Form, the candidates were advised to read the eligibility criteria. The incomplete or invalid application form will be rejected.
Steps to fill IIITH PGEE Application Form:
Step 1 - Registration: The candidates had to register to participate in the entrance examination. During the registration process, the candidates had to submit their name, parent’s name, gender, mobile number, address, and email address, The candidates received an OTP in their email address, after the registration was completed.
Step 2 - Filling of Application Form: Using their credentials, the candidates had to log into their account and fill their academic information. The names and details of the two references also had to be provided by the candidates in the application form. As per the required specifications, the candidates were also required to upload the statement of purpose, photograph, and resume.
Step 3 - Fee Payment: Lastly, the candidates have to pay the required Application Fee of IIITH PGEE 2021. Candidates were able to pay the fee using online mode (credit card/debit card/net banking). After the application process was completed, the acknowledgment email was sent to the candidates.
The table below gives information about the IIITH PGEE 2021 Fee structure.
|Each Additional Programme||Rs. 50|
|Fee for One Programme||Rs. 2000|
- Registration Date: Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. www.iiit.ac.in from Feb 12, 2021 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be May 30, 2021 tentatively.
- Two Registration Forms: The candidates are required to fill two 2 Registration Forms namely Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Centres
- Centre: IIITH PGEE will be conducted in 159 centres of the cities across India.
- Choice: Applicants should indicate his/ her choice of exam centre at the time filling the Application Form.
- Change of Centre: The city of examination once chosen and allotted will not be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained. Applicants should indicate the choice of the city with the utmost care.
- Cancellation: The conducting authority has the right to cancel or change the Exam Centre if necessary
- Note: The candidate must be present one hour before to the Exam Centre for the verification, if not the candidates won't be allowed to write the examination. Candidates have to carry Admit Card along with any Government Id proof to the IIITH PGEE Exam Centre on the day of the examination.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Admit Card
Registered candidates could download their admit card of IIITH PGEE 2021 in online mode. Details about the examination centre venue, exam dates, and timings along with other information were present in the IIITH PGEE 2021 Admit Card. The candidates had to produce the admit card at the examination venue. Without the admit card, the candidates were not able to attempt the entrance exam.
- Issue Date: The Admit Card will be available online for candidates on Jun 15, 2021
- Details: The Admit Card contains detail such as Name of Candidate, Roll Number, Date of Birth, Photograph, Signature, Examination Date, Exam Time, Exam Venue.
- No Postal: The admission committee will not send Admit Card to any candidate individually through postal.
How to download the IIITH PGEE 2021 Admit Card?
Candidate needs to follow these steps for downloading the admit card.
- Go to the IIITH PGEE official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your Application number, date of birth and Email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Result
The result will be declared on the official website for all the candidates.
- Scorecard: Scorecard is the soft copy of the result declared by the conducting body IIIT Hyderabad. It mentions the score obtained by the candidate in IIITH PGEE.
- Answer Key: Answer Key will be available on IIITH official website. With the help of the Answer Key, candidates can calculate their approximate marks and can easily check and predict whether he/ she will be eligible for the or admission process or not.
- Merit List: Merit list is prepared by the governing body i.e. IIITH authorities. After the declaration of the result, merit list will be prepared. On the basis of a student’s score in the entrance exam, they will be ranked in the merit list.
- Cut-off: IIITH PGEE 2021 Cut-off for different courses will be uploaded on the official website. Cut off marks are the minimum marks or qualifying required for entrance into a particular course. There is no subject-wise cut off criteria. The only cut off is for total marks and you must clear total marks cut off to get admission.
How to download IIITH PGEE 2021 Results?
For downloading IIITH PGEE 2021 Result student need to follow given below steps;
Step 1: Visit the official website of IIITH.
Step 2: Click on “IIITH PGEE 2021 Results” link.
Step 3: Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Download the result in PDF format and check your result.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the IIITH PGEE 2021 will be called for the counselling process which will be held in July, 2021. The qualified candidates can download the IIITH PGEE Counselling call letter from the official website after the Merit List has been prepared.
- Document Verification & Interview: The candidates will have to report at the allotted institute with their original certificates for verification. The documents will be verified and then the candidates will be able to proceed to the interview.
- Admission: Finally, the selected candidates will have to pay the remaining tuition fees to confirm their admission.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Reference Books
Candidates can refer the following books for the preparation of IIITH PGEE 2021
- General Aptitude: RS Agarwal or GATE Book
- Discrete Mathematics: Johnsonbaugh or Rosen
- Digital Logic: Morris Mano or Floyd
- Computer Organization: Hamacher or Stallings
- Programming: C by Dennis Ritchie
- M.Morris Mano for Computer System Architecture
- Robert S Skiena for Algorithm Design and Analysis
Check more information on IIITH PGEE Reference Books.
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032
Phone : +91-40-6653 1000
Fax : +91-40-6653 1413
What is IIIT?
IIIT Stands for International Institute of Information Technology. IIIT Hyderabad is an autonomous institution, started in 1998, with the support from Government of AP. It received the Deemed University status in August 2001. A major goal of IIIT is to impart a uniquely broad and interdisciplinary IT Education with the highest academic quality.
Where can I get the PGEE application form?
There is no separate application form needed. All candidates have to register themselves and apply through the PG Admissions portal.
What is the model of PGEE entrance examination?
General Aptitude Examination (1.5 hrs duration) will be objective type paper and subject paper (1.5 hrs duration) will be Subjective/Descriptive/Objective paper.
I completed the IIITH PGEE application process using the portal. How do I know my application has been received?
You will receive an email from [email protected] within 24 hours of your application, giving your Application Number and other details. You need to keep this email safe for further reference.
Whom should I contact if I don\'t receive an e-mail form IIITH within 24 hours?
If you don\'t receive such an email from the institution within 24 hours, please apply again using the portal. Remember the new registration details. If the problem persists, then send an email to [email protected] with the details.
I lost my PGEE application number. Whom should I contact?
If you have already sent your application fee, write a mail to [email protected] giving your first and last names, date of birth, programs you applied for, and your postal address. They will send you the application number from their records by email. If you have not sent your application fees, it may be easier to apply again using the portal. Use the new application number for all further communications.