If you are looking forward to pursuing a Diploma in engineering and non-engineering vocational courses, you should appear for the CET Delhi Exam. This exam will open doors of opportunities for you to work in different fields like Architecture, Engineering, Education, Arts, Design, and Pharmacy.
- October 16, 2020: Round 2 Counselling Results for admissions through CET Delhi 2020 are announced. Candidates can freeze/upgrade their seats between October 17 and October 20, 2020.
- October 9, 2020: Round 1 Counselling Results for admission through CET Delhi 2020 are announced.
- September 30, 2020: The merit list for the counselling process of CET Delhi 2020 is declared.
- The CET Delhi 2020 Exam is cancelled. Admissions will be carried out based on the Class 12 scores.
- What is CET Delhi?
- CET Delhi 2020 Exam Date
- CET Delhi 2020 Notification
- CET Delhi 2020 Eligibility
- CET Delhi 2020 Syllabus
- CET Delhi 2020 Exam Pattern
- CET Delhi 2020 Preparation Tips
- CET Delhi 2020 Application Form
- How to apply for CET Delhi?
- CET Delhi 2020 Admit Card
- CET Delhi 2020 Result
- CET Delhi 2020 Counselling
- Participating Institutes
- Related Exams
What is CET Delhi 2020?
Department of Training and Technical Education (DTTE) has introduced the CET Delhi exam to admit the students for the Diploma courses in Engineering and Non-Engineering streams. All these courses are approved by the Board of Technical Education (BTE), Delhi. These courses will be taught in Government Institutes of Technology, Government-Aided Institutes, Border Security Force Polytechnics, and Privately Managed Polytechnics which are affiliated with the Board of Technical Education, Delhi.
CET Delhi 2020 can be written by the candidates who are looking for lateral entry after 10+2 in PCMB from a school situated in Delhi or candidates who have passed 10th from CBSE and also have done Industrial Technical Training (ITI) from School and Institute situated in Delhi respectively.
|Name of the Exam||Delhi Common Entrance Test|
|Acronym||CET Delhi 2020|
|Conducting Authority||Department of Training and Technical Education (DTTE)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Registration Opens On||August 3, 2020 (Tentative)|
|Medium of Examination||Bilingual i.e. English and Hindi|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks awarded for every correct answer and 1 marks deducted for every wrong answer|
|Duration of Test||2 hours 30 minutes for each test (150 minutes)|
CET Delhi 2020 Exam Dates
CET Delhi 2020 admission will be based on the merit list. The application process for the exam will start from the scheduled date, as mentioned in the table given below. The CET Delhi 2020 exam which was earlier to be conducted on the scheduled date has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation. Candidates will be notified by a merit list based results for their counselling process. The merit list will be based on their scores in the XII final examination and cut-offs. The CET Delhi 2020 Result will be declared on the official website. Dates for the whole schedule of CET Delhi 2020 exam are given below.
|CET Delhi 2020 Application Window opens on||-|
|Last date to fill the registration form||-|
|Last date to submit the application fee||-|
|Admit Card release date||-|
|CET Delhi 2020 exam dates||Entrance exam cancelled (admission on merit list basis)|
|Declaration of Results||-|
|Counselling Commencement from||August 3, 2020 Onwards|
It is advised that the candidates regularly check this page for further updates and information regarding the CET Delhi 2020 Exam Dates and other associated events.
Know more about CET Delhi 2020 Important Dates.
CET Delhi 2020 Notification
CET Delhi 2020 Notification will be released by the DTTE. The CET 2020 Delhi Application Process will begin on August 3, 2020 and will get over by September 17, 2020. The CET Delhi 2020 Examination which was scheduled to be conducted on September 30, 2020 has been cancelled. Candidates who have applied for the examination will be shortlisted on the basis of their cut off marks and a merit list will be prepared for the same. The notifications for the merit list will be released soon after the termination of the application process.
CET Delhi 2020 Eligibility
CET Delhi 2020 will be having different tests for different courses separately. Candidates must check and verify the eligibility criteria and the appropriate Test, prior to filling up the application form in order to clear the CET Delhi 2020 Eligibility. It should be noted that the candidates who are not satisfying the eligibility criteria will not be able to attend the exam. Their application forms will not be valid and they will be deemed ineligible for the CET Delhi 2020 Exam.
- Test-1 will be taken for the candidates who want to pursue a Diploma in Engineering and Non-Engineering streams.
- Test-2 will be taken for the candidates who want to apply for Modern Office Practice (English) and modern Office Practice (Hindi)
- Test-3 is taken for candidates who are applying for Pharmacy.
- Test-4 is taken for candidates who are applying for Lateral Entry only.
Hence CET 2020 Delhi education qualification for different categories is given below:
Candidates applying for Diploma after 10th
The candidates need to be 10th class passed with a minimum of 35% marks or 3.7 CGPA from a recognized board or any equivalent examination to 10th conducted by CBSE or any other board. Subjects taken by the candidate should be Science, English and Mathematics and he/she should be passed in all of these subjects.
This is applicable for the candidates who are applying for Diploma Courses in the courses: Applied Art, Architectural Assistantship, Art for Drawing Teachers, Automobile Engineering, Cosmetology & Health, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering (Construction Technology), Civil Engg. (Public Health & Environmental Engineering), Computer Engineering Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics Engineering (Digital Electronics), Electronics Engineering (Medical Electronics), Fashion Design, Garment Fabrication Technology, Information Technology Enabled Services & Management (ITES&M), Interior Design, Instrumentation & Control, Library & Information Science, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engg. Maintenance Engg.) Medical Laboratory Technology, Polymer Technology, Printing Technology, Production Engineering, Tool & Die Making.
Candidates applying for Modern Office Practice (English & Hindi)
Candidates should have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 35% marks in CBSE board, Delhi or any equivalent exam. The aggregate 35% should be comprised of the best three subjects including English for MOP (English) and Hindi or Sanskrit for MOP (Hindi). Also, a candidate should have obtained passing marks in the relevant subjects for respective MOP (English or Hindi).
Candidates applying for Pharmacy
Candidates should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
Candidates applying for Lateral Entry
The candidates should have:
- Passed 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects and along with either of the Mathematics and Biology. OR
- Passed 10+2 Science with Mathematics as one of the subjects or 10+2 Science with vocational or 10+2 Science with Technical. OR
- Passed 10th with 2 years of ITI in appropriate trade in order to be eligible for the second year of Diploma of the appropriate programme. The ITI's or ITCs must be located in Delhi only and affiliated to DGE&T or BTE, Delhi. students who have appeared for their final exams have to submit the passed certificates/mark sheets by 30/11/2020 otherwise their provisional admission will be cancelled. OR
- Passed 10th with ITI (2 years) with appropriate trade against 20% supernumerary seats in analogous seats of Architectural Assistantship, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering (Construction Technology), Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics Engineering (Digital Electronics), Electronics Engineering (Medical Electronics), Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance Engineering), Polymer Technology, Production Engineering and Civil Engineering, (Public Health & Environmental Engineering), Information Technology Enabled Services & Management (ITES &M), Tool & Die Making.
CET Delhi Age Limit
Category-wise age limit for CET Delhi for different tests is given below:
|Test||General (Male)||General (Female)||OBC (Male)||OBC (Female)||SC/ST/PwD (Male)||SC/ST/PwD (Female)|
All the ages above should be as on August 1, 2020. Age limit for Transgender candidates is the maximum upper age limit in each category.
CET Delhi 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for CET Delhi is laid down by the DTTE, Delhi. It is very important for the candidates to know the CET 2020 Syllabus well, in order to know and understand the type and distribution of questions in the exam. This way students can score better if they get to know the syllabus well and accordingly prepare. The CET Delhi 2020 Examination comprises four different tests, and each test consists of distinctive subjects and topics. The Syllabus for different tests are depicted and discussed below:
Question paper for Test-1 will contain questions from:
Questions asked in the paper will be from Class 9th and Class 10th.
Test-2 will include the sections of:
- English Comprehension including Grammar of 12th-grade level
- Current Affairs
- Logical & Analytical Ability
The question paper will contain questions from:
Physics and Chemistry will be the compulsory subjects while there will be a choice between Biology and Mathematics. Questions will be on the base of the 11th & 12th Classes.
Questions in the Test-4 will be asked from the following subjects:
- General Aptitude
The level of difficulty of the questions asked will be of the level of Class 10th.
CET Delhi 2020 Exam Pattern
There will be different tests for candidates applying for different courses. The duration of all the tests of CET Delhi will be 2 hours and 30 minutes. The maximum marks for every test are 600. The exam will be taken offline i.e Pen and Paper Mode. Candidates will have to mark the answers on the OMR sheet. It is important for the candidates to know and understand the CET Delhi 2020 Exam Pattern in order to know the type and distribution of questions in the Exam and to score better in the Exam.
Test-1 Exam Pattern
Test-1 will have the following sections:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
Test-2 Exam Pattern
Test-2 will contain the following sections:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge and Aptitude||70||280||150 minutes|
|English Grammar & Comprehension (Only for MOP English) or Hindi Grammar & Comprehension (Only for MOP Hindi) or English and Hindi Grammar & Comprehension (For candidates applying for MOP in English and Hindi both)||80 questions for either Hindi or English; For MOP in English and Hindi both, there will be 40 questions for English and Hindi each||320|
|Total Attemptable Questions||150|
Test-3 Exam Pattern
The questions and the sections comprise in Test-3 are:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mathematics or Biology||60 each||240|
|Total Attemptable Questions||150|
Test-4 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern for Test-4 is given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
CET Delhi 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow certain strategies or techniques in order to clear the exam with a high score. Strategies and preparation tips also help candidates to plan their ways to learn efficiently and thoroughly and to perform well in the exam. The methods and techniques are provided below. Candidates can make a note of them for preparation.
Candidates should devise a very good plan or a time table to set their preparation. They must follow this plan throughout the preparation and should not deviate from the same. This way they will be able to keep a track of their preparation and will also get to know if they are on time or lagging behind the expected rate. Hence, planning is very important in order to score well in the exam.
Knowing the topics
Candidates are required to learn all the topics very well for the preparation. They should prepare by thoroughly going through the topics in order to know the concepts very well and remember to answer all the questions well. Topic-wise learning or preparation not only makes it easier for the candidates to learn and remember the concepts but also helps them to remember the layout of the question paper and strategically answer all the questions.
Attend the known questions first
It is very important for the candidates to attend the questions that they are very familiar with, prior to the questions that are unknown or doubtful. This way they will be able to confirm the known questions first, within the allotted time and can later utilize the remaining time on attending the unknown questions. Excess time will not be wasted.
Candidates should practice attending the questions with the help of a stopwatch and try writing all the answers within the allotted time. Enhancing time efficiency will help candidates attend all the questions on time and not miss out any of them during the exam. Time optimization also helps candidates to plan wisely and devote time perfectly for writing the answers and not waste too much time on thinking.
It is very important for the candidates to write mock tests in order to get an overview of the number of questions and its distribution in the actual exam. Candidates can write many mock tests and try finishing within the allotted time. This way they will be able to attend all the questions. Another very important aspect of practising mock tests is the fact that candidates will be able to strategize their time and spend it based on the questions and the sections in the actual exam. This way they will be able to save even more time.
CET Delhi 2020 Application Form
The Application Form for the CET Delhi 2020 exam is available only in the online mode on the official website. No other means of registration is applicable to write the examination. Interested candidates are advised to fill in the application form carefully. The CET 2020 Application Form can be filled from August 3, 2020 to September 17, 2020. However, there will be a correction window given by the conducting authority for students to correct the CET Delhi 2020 Application Form in case of any mistakes in the submitted application form. The submission of the form will be considered successful only after the complete payment of the registration fees for the examination. A printout of the filled-in application form must be kept by the candidates for future purposes.
Note: It is important that the candidates go through the eligibility criteria before registering for the examination, as the candidature can be cancelled at any time of the admission process if the candidate is found to not satisfy the eligibility criteria and there will be no refunds on the application fee.
The various documents required for filling up the application form is categorized into two main types.
- Aadhar card
- ID proof
- Date of birth certificate
- Community category certificate
- Class X certificate
- Class XII certificate
- Other educational documents (optional)
How to apply for CET Delhi?
Candidates should make sure to verify if they clear the CET Delhi 2020 Exam prior to filling up the application form. Failing to meet the eligibility criteria will result in the candidates to be deemed ineligible and the application form will be considered invalid. They should also read and go through the information and instructions before applying for the CET 2020 Exam.
A step-wise process to apply for CET Delhi 2020 is given below:
- Step 1: First of all, you have to go to the official website for CET Delhi. (www.cetdelhi.nic.in)
- Step 2: You have to click on "Apply for CET-2020 for Admission in Diploma Course" notification for applying for the course of your choice.
- Step 3: Then, you have to select the number of tests you want to appear for and click on the "Apply for test" button.
- Step 4: Afterwards, you will have to do the registration for CET Delhi 2020. You will have to complete the registration by giving an active mobile number and email ID. Password generated will be sent to your email ID and mobile number.
- Step 5: In the next step you have to, fill the application form. You will have to give all the details about yourself e.g. Date of Birth, Category, Parents' name, Nationality, Educational Details, etc.
- Step 6: In this step, you will need to upload your passport-sized photograph and images of your signature and thumbprint.
- Step 7: Payment of Fees: You will have to pay the exam fee via online mode to complete your application form. Without paying the fee you would not be able to enrol for the exam.
Application Fee: INR 400/- (GST extra) has to paid by the candidate to enrol for CET Delhi exam 2020.
Candidates can visit this page regularly for further updates regarding the CET Delhi 2020 Exam so that they do not miss out any vital information.
CET Delhi 2020 Admit Card
The CET Delhi 2020 Admit Card will be released by the DTTE on its official website. Candidates are required to download the admit cards and it is mandatory for them to possess the admit cards when coming to the examination hall. Without the admit card, no candidate will be permitted to enter the exam hall.
- CET Delhi 2020 Admit Card will be released 10 days before the examination (tentatively) on the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit cards easily by logging in to the website with their password.
- The expected date for the release of the admit card has been postponed until further notice.
How to download the CET Delhi 2020 Admit Card
- Visit the official website of the CET Delhi
- Click on the Admit Card tab
- Enter the login credentials in the login page
- View and download the admit card
- Print the admit card
CET Delhi 2020 Result
The results for CET Delhi are prepared in the form of a merit list. Controlling authority CET will be preparing a merit list for different categories. A general candidate and a reserved category candidate have to score a minimum of 10% and 5% marks respectively in CET Delhi to be eligible for admission. CET Delhi 2020 Result will be announced tentatively in the fourth week of August 2020. Since the CET Delhi 2020 has been cancelled, the results will be declared based on merit, and admissions will take place accordingly. Candidates will be shortlisted as per their scores in their Class XII examinations. Candidates can check and verify their XII scores prior to the results in order to estimate their ranks.
In the case of a tie, the following criteria will be considered to break the tie in between two candidates. The criteria will be different for different tests.
For Test 1
Candidates who will have more marks in CET Delhi 2020 will be ranked higher. In a further tie, candidate having more marks in Physics will be considered and this will be followed by marks in Chemistry, English, and Biology and at last, the date of birth.
For Test 2
Candidates securing more marks in GK and GA in CET will get ranked higher. After that, the date of birth will be considered for tie-breaking. Higher the age, the higher will be the preference given to the candidates in the ranking. After that candidate securing more marks in section B/D will be ranked higher.
Candidates who secure more marks in GK and GA in the CET exam will be ranked higher. Furthermore, if the tie still exists, the date of birth of a candidate will be considered. An older candidate will be given preference and a higher rank too. If the tie exists then too, candidates securing more marks in sections C/D will be ranked higher.
For Test 3
For breaking a tie, candidates securing higher marks in Biology/Mathematics will be ranked higher. After that date of birth will be considered for a higher rank.
For Test 4
Candidates who secure higher marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher. In case of a further tie, candidates having more marks in Physics, followed by the marks obtained in Chemistry, followed by the marks obtained in Biology, followed by the marks obtained in English and General Aptitude in CET. At last, if the tie still remains, the date of birth of a candidate will be considered. Older candidates will be preferred and be given a higher rank.
CET Delhi 2020 Merit List
The CET Delhi 2020 Examination has been cancelled and the merit list stating the qualifying candidates will be mentioned in the list. The Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their cut off marks and will be deemed to be eligible to be qualified. Candidates will be notified on the date of the release of the CET Delhi 2020 Merit List soon after the application process is over. It is important for the candidates to make sure that their application process is successful and their application forms have been successfully been submitted and acknoledged, in order to avoid any confusion. they can also check their cut offs to predict and estimate their ranking in the merit list.
CET Delhi 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will qualify the CET Delhi will be able to enrol for web-based counselling conducted by CET. Candidates have to submit a processing fee of INR 700/- (GST extra) and then they will be able to submit their choices. CET Delhi 2020 Counselling will be held in several rounds. A process to verify the documents submitted by the candidates will also be there.
Post the counselling process, a candidate will have to pay the part institutional fee for provisional allotment letter of the institute allotted. Part fee for the institute will vary from INR 1500/5500/6000/7000/8000 as mentioned in the allotment letter. If a candidate will not submit the fee in time, then the seat allotted to the candidate will be cancelled.
The following institutes will be participating to admit the candidates as per the CET Delhi exam 2020. All the institutes are situated in Delhi.
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology
- Aryabhatt Institute of Technology
- Gobind Ballabh Pant Institute of Technology
- Guru Nanak Dev Institute of Technology
- Integrated Institute of Technology
- Kasturba Institute of Technology
- Meera Bai Institute of Technology
- Pusa Institute of Technology
- Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies
- Rajokari Institute of Technology
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering
Government Aided Institute(s)
- Sarada Ukil School of Art
Institute funded by BSF Education Society
- Border Security Force Polytechnic
Privately Managed Institutes affiliated to BTE Delhi
- Aditya Institute of Technology
- Baba Hari Dass College of Pharmacy
- Subramania Barathi College of Science & Technology
- Guru Teg Bahadur Polytechnic Institute
- Chhotu Ram Rural Institute of Technology
- International Polytechnic for Women
CET Cell Helpline: 011-25840014
Official Website: www.cetdelhi.nic.in
Address: Office of the Controller, CET-2020, PUSA Institute of Technology,
PUSA, New Delhi – 110012.
E-mail: [email protected]