Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University conducts an entrance examination called BBAU Entrance Exam for candidates seeking admissions into various courses such as B.Tech, B.Sc, M.Phil, PhD, BBA, B.Voc, BA, B.Com, B.Ed, etc. offered by the university. The entrance test is conducted in the online mode, i.e. computer-based test. There is no negative marking in the exam.
If you're inclined to join a community of scholars that take pride in the actions and ideals of a great Indian pioneer, then look no further. Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU), Lucknow, offers many courses in various fields. To get more information about BBAU Entrance Exam 2021, read the article given below.
Latest Updates for BBAU Entrance Exam:
- Sep 27, 2021: The admit cards for BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 is released. Those who have applied for the exam can download their admit cards by logging in.
- What is BBAU Entrance Exam?
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Important Date
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Application Process
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Exam Centres
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Syllabus
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Result
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Rules and Regulations
- BBAU Contact Details
What is the BBAU Entrance Exam?
Full form of BBAU is Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University. It was established by a parliament act by which the University came into existence on January 10, 1996. The basic philosophy and policies of the University are spelt out and enshrined in the University Act and Statutes.
The students are offered the facilities to learn the skills and acquire the knowledge required to succeed as professionals at BBAU. They know the values and practical sensitivity needed to contribute to society. Standing true to the principles of Dr Ambedkar, the institute takes pride in being a community of high-quality scholarship who practice socially responsible learning of equality and social injustice that Babasaheb worked on during his lifetime.
The University draws from the cultural, intellectual and economic resources of Uttar Pradesh and other states to enrich and strengthen its educational programs.
The following table gives a glance at BBAU Entrance Exam 2021. Applicants can go through it once for their reference.
|Full-Form||Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Exam|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Level of BBAU 2021 Exam||National Level|
|Maximum Marks||Varies for all Courses|
|Nature of Marking||No Negative Marking|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, B.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D, BBA, B.Voc, BA, B.Com, B.Ed|
BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can have a look at the below table which displays BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Important Dates.
|BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Online Registration Start Date||Aug 14, 2021|
|Last date of BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Registration||Sep 6, 2021|
|Last Date to fill BBAU 2021 Examination Fee||Sep 7, 2021 (upto 11:50 pm)|
|BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Form Correction Start Date||Sep 9, 2021|
|BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Form Correction End Date||Sep 12, 2021|
|BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card Date||Sep 27, 2021|
|BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Date||Sep 28, 2021 - Oct 4, 2021|
|BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Result Date||To be announced|
BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before appearing for any exam, candidates need to be well versed with the eligibility criteria scenario. Applicants must go through the BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form.
- All the UG and PG courses' admissions the BBAU entrance exam date 2021 are based on the Online Entrance Exam conducted by the authorities.
- For the M.Tech admission, the candidates' GATE scores will be considered along with the University-based counselling.
- GPAT scores will be considered for the M.Pharm program.
- For the MBA programs, the candidates with CAT/MAT or XAT scores.
- The candidates with the scores of ICAR/ICMR/CSIR/DBT/GPAT/GATE or NET are eligible for the M.Sc. (Statistics).
- For M.Phil and PhD admissions, the BBAU conducts an Entrance Exam and an interview.
- The candidates who are exempted from the M.Phil or Ph.D. entrance test will need ICAR/ICMR/CSIR/DBT/GPAT/GATE/SLET/JRF/ or NET to be eligible for admissions into the latter courses.
- In all UG/PG and research courses, 50% of the seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
Note: Click here to download the BBAU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- BBAU Departments reserve the right not to fill up the vacant seats of the PhD programs in case of non-availability of a suitable candidate.
- Admission of the candidates for the PhD program is based on their suitability to specific specializations and also subject to fulfilling all other conditions laid down in the respective Ordinances of the BABASAHEB BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR UNIVERSITY.
- For the list of allied subjects, the applicants may contact the respective head of the department during working hours.
- The merit list for the unreserved category seats will comprise all the candidates in the order of merit, including candidates under the reserved category if they come in the unreserved category. A candidate under the reserved category, who figures in the unreserved merit list, is entitled to be considered for admission under the unreserved category. Admission to open category seats will be strictly in the order of merit without excluding candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Departments shall get the relevant certificates (submitted by the applicant for availing the benefit of reservation) verified from the respective websites online.
BBAU 2021 Application Process
The candidates who qualify for the BBAU 2021 eligibility criteria shall be filling up the application form. For all the UG/PG and Doctoral courses, the application process stands common.
Following are the steps to be followed while filling the BBAU 2021 Application Form.
- Step 1: Candidates must go to the official website of BBAU.
- Step 2: Candidates shall click on the link, Online Admission System.
- Step 3: Register themselves by providing a valid email ID and mobile number.
- Step 4: Fill in the application form and note down the application number generated by the system.
- Step 5: Candidates will need to upload their scanned photographs then.
- Step 6: Pay the BBAU 2021 application fees of INR 1000 and INR 500 for reserved categories via online mode of payment.
- Step 7: Submit the final application form and download the completed application form for future reference.
Note: Candidates can also pay the application fee through Challan from ICICI bank.
Candidates are advised to fill in all the details very carefully because, after submitting the form, candidates will not be able to edit/delete any fields. Before filling out the Online Application, for convenience, the candidate should have the following documents/information ready-
- Scanned copy of recent Colored Photograph
- Scanned Signature of the candidate
- Scanned copy of thumb impression (Right for female and Left for male)
- Valid Photo ID
- Scanned copy of mark sheets
|Candidate Photograph||Recent photo in jpg/jpeg file format. Size to be between 10-100Kb.In color or Balck and White with 80% face visibility including ears against white background.|
|Candidate Signature||File size: 4-30Kb Format : jpg/jpeg|
- After submitting the BBAU entrance exam online form, all the particulars mentioned in the form will be considered final. Candidates will not be able to edit/delete any fields after the submission of the form.
- Applications without application fee, required documents & information as per advertisement are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details shall be entertained at any later stage.
BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Fee
Registration fee (non-refundable) for the BBAU Computer-based Test (CBT) is given in the following table:
|Open||INR 1000/- (per course)|
|SC/ST/PH||INR 500/- (per course)|
The candidate shall be required to pay a separate registration fee for each Ph.D. Programme for which the candidate is applying. The registration fee has to be paid during the online registration process through the available online payment options. Please note that the online registration process shall be complete only after payment of the online registration fee. The registration fee will not be refunded/adjusted,/charged back in any circumstances.
How to deposit BBAU Application Fee 2021?
Candidates can follow the procedure mentioned below to pay the BBAU Exam 2021 Registration Fee.
- During filling up the last part of the form, candidates need to select Bank Payment Gateway SBI.
- After clicking on the SUBMIT button, the applicant will be redirected to another portal once the form is complete and verified by the applicant.
- The applicant will be redirected to another portal where a candidate has to make ONLINE payment of the application form.
- Application fees –Please refer to the Registration Fee.
- Please refer to Bulletin and How to apply the document for any clarification.
BBAU 2021 Admit Card
The BBAU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2021 and RCA are being held from Sep 28, 2021, to Oct 4, 2021, for admissions into Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University. BBAU Entrance Exam Admit Cards were released on their official website on Sep 27, 2021. To download the admit cards, the candidates must log on to the admissions page on the website and click on the "Download Admit Card" button at the bottom of the page.
After logging into the portal, one can find the download link to the admit card. Once on to the link, the portal asks for the candidate's registration credentials. These are the user's ID and password with which they had initially applied and registered for the exam.
BBAU 2021 Exam Centres
While filling in the BBAU 2021 application form, the candidates will be required to select four cities of their choice from the list of BBAU entrance exam centres 2021. Candidates will be more likely to get the exam centres of their choice. Still, due to some logistics and administrative reasons, candidates’ exam centres may be allotted in different cities or nearby areas. Candidates must select the exam centres carefully as they will not be able to change them once the form correction window has been closed.
Note: Download the list of BBAU 2021 Exam Centres
BBAU Entrance Exam Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for the entrance test would be according to what has been prescribed by UGC-NET/ICAR/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/GPAT/GATE/PCI/NCTE and other bodies if applicable. The syllabus consists of two papers; Paper I and Paper-II. Paper I focuses on a candidate's teaching reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. The syllabus for Paper II is based on the subject opted for by the candidate.
The syllabus was revised in 2019, and no changes have been made to the syllabus for 2021.
BBAU 2021 Paper I Syllabus
The syllabus for the entrance test would be in consonance to what has been prescribed by UGC-NET/ICAR/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/GPAT/GATE/PCI/NCTE and such other bodies if any. The Paper I syllabus is as follows:
Unit I - Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding, and Reflective), Characteristics, and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment, and Institution
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher centered vs. Learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.)
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern, and ICT based
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems
Unit II - Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism, and Post Positivist approach to research
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative, and Quantitative Methods, Steps of Research
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing, Application of ICT in research, Research ethics
Unit III - Comprehension
- A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered
Unit IV - Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication, Barriers to effective communication, Mass-Media, and Society
Unit V - Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of reasoning: Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships
- Mathematical Aptitude: Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages, etc
Unit VI - Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations, and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition, Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning, Analogies
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge, Pramanas- Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension). Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference)
Unit VII - Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition, and classification of Data
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart, and Line-chart)
- Mapping of Data, Data Interpretation. Data and Governance
Unit VIII - Information & Communication Technology
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology, Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing, Digital initiatives in higher education. ICT and Governance
Unit IX - People, Development & Environment
- Development and Environment: Millennium Development and Sustainable Development Goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change, and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions. Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear, and Forests
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies, Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit X - Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India
- Oriental, Conventional, and Non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, Technical, and Skill-Based education
- Value education and environmental education
- Policies, Governance, and Administration
Note: Click here to download the BBAU 2021 Syllabus
BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Result
The results for BBAU will be declared within one month of the conduction of the examination, and the notification for the same will be put up on the university website. The candidates can go to the official admissions portal and log into their profiles using the credentials used during the original candidate registration. Once the candidate has logged in, they can look up the results there.
BBAU Lucknow Entrance Exam 2021 results will also be published publicly on the portal, and the candidates can look up their names and registration IDs on the list. The cut-off details and the related regulations will be published along with the notification as well.
BBAU Entrance Exam 2021 Rules and Regulations
Each student must sign a declaration regarding discipline and conduct as per provisions of the Act & Statutes of the University. Suppose any candidate secures admission based on fake declarations of results or any mistake. In that case, their admission shall be void, and the same will be cancelled as soon as the fact is Action may also be taken against such candidates as per University rules.
- The University reserves the right to change or modify the rules and regulations of the admission test and alter the number of seats allocated to each course of study.
- On being selected for counselling, the selected candidates shall have to submit the following documents in original on or before the last date prescribed for the purpose:
- Mark Sheet/Grade Sheet of the qualifying degree course.
- Character Certificate from the Dean/Head/Principal of the University/Institution last attended.
- Migration Certificate from the competent authority of the University/Institution last attended, on or before 30.04.2019.
- SC/ST/PwD/Kashmiri Migrant/NRI Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Applicants seeking admission to more than one PhD course in the University have to submit a separate application. They should take separate admission tests for each course. Single application forms for more than one course shall be summarily rejected.
- For taking the PhD Entrance Test, the candidates must have passed the PG degree course in the relevant subject from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission with 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ on the UGC 7-point scale (5% relaxation or equivalent degree shall be provided to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer/PwD) [refer clause 3 of PhD regulation of BBAU at Annexure I].
- The percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall be read without rounding off the percentage.
- Mere appearing in the Entrance Test does not entitle a candidate to claim admission for any course.
- Candidates against whom any disciplinary action has been taken at any stage in his/their earlier academic career shall not be admitted to any course in this University.
- Enrolment of a student in any course of the University shall stand cancelled if they are held guilty of any cognizable offence. Enrolment may also be cancelled if the Proctorial Board of the University finds their conduct to be at variance with that generally expected from a student of the University.
- 5% relaxation shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled category in the CBT conducted by the University.
BBAU Contact Details
To know more about BBAU, Lucknow, log on to their website www.bbau.ac.in. Candidates could also contact them at the address and phone number given below if they face any difficulties while completing the registration process or any further queries regarding the BBAU Entrance Exam 2021.
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University,
(A Central University)
Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road, Lucknow - 226025