Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University conducts an entrance examination called BBAU Entrance Exam, for candidates seeking admissions into various courses such as B.Tech, B.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D, BBA, B.Voc, BA, B.Com, B.Ed, etc. offered by the university. The entrance test is conducted in the online mode i.e. computer-based test. There is no negative marking in the exam. To get more information BBAU Entrance Exam 2020, read the article given below.
- September 22, 2020: The admit card for BBAU 2020 Entrance Exam is available now. Candidates can download the admit card by logging in with their User ID and Password. Click here for the direct link.
- BBAU has released a new schedule for the entrance exam. Click here to check the detailed schedule.
- BBAU Entrance Exam for BA LLB course, which was scheduled on September 28, has been postponed and the new exam date will be announced soon.
- The registration for the BBAU Entrance Exam was started on May 27, 2020. The last date to apply for the exam is August 10, 2020.
If you're inclined to join a community of scholars that take pride in the actions and ideals of a great Indian pioneer, then look no further. Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU), Lucknow, offers an ample number of courses in various fields.
- What is BBAU Entrance Exam?
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Important Date
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Rules and Regulations
- How to Apply for BBAU Entrance Exam 2020?
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
- BBAU 2020 Seats Availability
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
- BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Result
What is BBAU Entrance Exam?
Full form of BBAU is Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University. It was established by a parliament act by which the University came into existence on January 10, 1996. The basic philosophy and policies of the University are spelt out and enshrined in the University Act and Statutes.
The students are offered the facilities to learn the skills and acquire the knowledge required to succeed as professionals at BBAU. They learn the values and practical sensitivity required to contribute to society. Standing true to the principles of Dr Ambedkar, the institute takes pride in being a community of high-quality scholarship who practice socially responsible learning of equality and social injustice that Babasaheb worked on during his lifetime.
The University draws from the cultural, intellectual and economic resources of Uttar Pradesh and other states to enrich and strengthen its educational programs.
The following table gives a glance about BBAU Entrance Exam 2020. Applicants can go through it once for their reference.
|Exam Acronym||BBAU Exam|
|Exam Name||Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Exam|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Level of BBAU 2020 Exam||National Level|
|Maximum Marks||100 marks|
|Nature of Marking||No Negative Marking|
BBAU shall be an online entrance examination (CBT mode) for PhD programs. The information on the link to download the Admit Card for the entrance examination shall be displayed separately on the website of BABASAHEB BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR UNIVERSITY.
The syllabus for the entrance test would be in consonance to what has been prescribed by UGC-NET/ICAR/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/GPAT/GATE/PCI/NCTE and such other bodies if any. Electronic Gadgets, like Mobile Phone, Calculator, edibles, narcotics, alcohol, and tobacco products are strictly prohibited inside the Test Centre.
Any illicit activity like smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. The applicants are provisionally allowed to appear for the Entrance Test and their candidature is subject to the fulfilment of the Minimum Eligibility Criteria at the time of Admission.
Online Examination will be of 2 hours duration consisting of 100 objective types (Multiple choices) questions. The syllabus of the Entrance Test will be 50% of the research methodology (Part A) and 50% shall be subject-specific (Part B). For Admission to PhD programs, the Entrance Test shall be of qualifying nature with qualifying marks as 50% (5% relaxation shall be given to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category students as per PhD regulation of BBAU).
All the essential qualifications including NET etc. will be considered till the last date of filing of online application.
There will be no negative marking.
BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can have a look at the below table, which displays BBAU Entrance Exam #year Important Dates.
|BBAU Entrance Exam #year Online Registration Start Date||May 27, 2020|
|Last date of BBAU Entrance Exam #year Registration||August 10, 2020|
|Correction Window Dates||May 27, 2020 to August 10, 2020|
|BBAU Entrance Exam #year Admit Card Date||September 22, 2020|
|BBAU Entrance Exam #year Date||September 28, 2020|
|BBAU Entrance Exam #year Result Date||To be announced|
To check the exam date for various courses click here.
BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before appearing for any exam, candidates need to be well versed with eligibility criteria scenario, such that any important events related with eligibility criteria should not be missed out at any circumstances. Applicants must go through the BBAU Entrance Exam #year Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form.
The criteria for qualifying examination for each of the PhD programs are given in BBAU PhD Regulation.
Departments of the BBAU may ask the candidates concerned, wherever necessary, to get recognition/equivalence of their degrees/diplomas/certificates authenticated from the Association of Indian Universities/University Grants Commission/AICTE/Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) on their own for the admission into the department. The cases of equivalence of degrees/certificates/diploma would then be put for further consideration in front of the University Authorities. Although the Degrees or Certificates or Diplomas which are already recognized by the University will not be put up for further verification.
The candidates belonging to the categories SC/ST/PWD shall be charged BBAU entrance examination fee at concessional rates. The candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PwD shall have 5% relaxation in the minimum marks required in the eligibility criterion for admission to PhD programs.
A certain number of supernumerary seats shall be allotted as per the university rules. These numbers are decided by the authorities keeping in mind the number of seats per course and the scope of availability for additional allotments.
- BBAU Departments reserve the right not to fill up the vacant seats of the PhD programs in case of non-availability of a suitable candidate.
- Admission of the candidates for the PhD program is based on their suitability to specific specializations and also subject to fulfilling all other conditions laid down in the respective Ordinances of the BABASAHEB BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR UNIVERSITY.
- For the list of allied subjects, the applicants may contact the respective head of the department during working hours.
- The merit list for the unreserved category seats will comprise all the candidates in the order of merit including candidates under reserved category if they come in the unreserved. A candidate under reserved category, who figures in the unreserved merit list, is entitled to be considered for admission under the unreserved category. Admission to open category seats will be strictly in the order of merit without excluding candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Departments shall get the relevant certificates (submitted by the applicant for availing the benefit of reservation) verified from the respective websites online.
BBAU Entrance Exam #year Rules and Regulations
- Each student is required to sign a declaration regarding discipline and conduct as per provisions of the Act & Statutes of the University.
- If any candidate secures admission based on fake declarations of result or any mistake, his/ her admission shall be void, and the same will be cancelled as soon as the fact is Action may also be taken against such candidates as per University rules.
- The University reserves the right to change or modify the rules and regulations of the admission test and/or alter the number of seats allocated to each course of study.
- On being selected for counselling, the selected candidates shall have to submit the following documents in original on or before the last date prescribed for the purpose:
- Mark Sheet/Grade Sheet of the qualifying degree course.
- Character Certificate from the Dean/Head/Principal of the University/Institution last attended.
- Migration Certificate from the competent authority of the University/Institution last attended, on or before 30.04.2019.
- SC/ST/PwD/Kashmiri Migrant/NRI Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Applicants seeking admission to more than one PhD course in the University have to submit separate Application They should take separate admission tests for each course. Single Application Form for more than one course shall be summarily rejected.
- For taking the PhD Entrance Test, the candidates must have passed the PG degree course in the relevant subject from a University recognized by the University Grants Commission with 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in UGC 7-point scale (5% relaxation or equivalent grade shall be provided to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer/PwD) [refer clause 3 of PhD regulation of BBAU at Annexure I].
- The percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall be read without rounding off the percentage.
- Mere appearing in the Entrance Test does not entitle a candidate to claim admission for any course.
- Candidates against whom any disciplinary action has been taken at any stage in his/her earlier academic career shall not be admitted to any course in this University.
- Enrolment of a student in any course of the University shall stand cancelled if he/she is held guilty of any cognizable offence. Enrolment may also be cancelled if his/her conduct is found by the Proctorial Board of the University to be at variance with that normally expected from a student of the University.
- 5% relaxation shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled category in the CBT conducted by the university.
How to apply for BBAU Entrance Exam #year?
Candidates are advised to fill all the details very carefully because, after the submission of the form, candidates will not be able to edit/delete any fields. Before filling of the Online Application, for convenience, the candidate should have the following documents/information ready-
- Scanned copy of recent Colored Photograph
- Scanned Signature of the candidate
- Valid E-mail id and Mobile Number are mandatory for the submission of Online Application (Provided E-Mail id and Mobile number are advised to keep active till the declaration of results. BBAU will send important information with regards to the application on the registered E-Mail/Mobile number.)
- After submission of the Application Form, all the particulars mentioned in the form will be considered as Final. Candidates will not be able to edit/delete any fields after submission of the form.
- Applications without appropriate Application Fee, required documents & information as per advertisement are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details shall be entertained at any later stage.
BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Registration Fee
Registration fee (non-refundable) for the BBAU Computer-based Test (CBT) is given in the following table:
|Open||INR 1000/- (per course)|
|SC/ST/PH||INR 500/- (per course)|
The registration fee has to be paid during the online registration process through the available online payment options. The candidate shall be required to pay a separate registration fee for each Ph.D Programme, for which the candidate is applying. Please note that the online registration process shall be completed only after the realization of the online registration fee. The registration fee will not be refunded/adjusted/charged back in any circumstances.
How to deposit BBAU Application Fee #year?
Candidates can follow the procedure mentioned in the below points, to pay the BBAU Exam #year Registration Fee:
- During filling up the last part of the form candidate need to select Bank Payment Gateway SBI.
- After clicking on the SUBMIT button once the form is complete and verified by the applicant, the candidate will be redirected to another portal.
- The applicant will be redirected to another portal where a candidate has to make ONLINE payment of the application form.
- Application fees –Please refer to the Registration Fee.
- Please refer to Bulletin and How to apply the document for any kind of clarification.
BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
Entrance Test for PhD and RCA to be held on September 28, 2020, for admissions into Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University. BBAU Entrance Admit Cards have been released on their official website. To download the admit cards the candidates are required to log on to the admissions page on the website and click on the "Download Admit Card" button at the bottom of the page.
Once on to the link, the portal asks for the candidate's registration credentials. These are the user's ID and password with which they had initially applied and registered for the exam. After logging into the portal, you can find the download link to the admit card.
BBAU 2020 Seats Availability
Following is the seat distribution in BBAU for the PhD course in various disciplines.
BBAU Entrance Exam Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for the entrance test would be in consonance to what has been prescribed by UGC-NET/ICAR/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/GPAT/GATE/PCI/NCTE and such other bodies if any. The syllabus consists of two paper; Paper I and Paper II. Paper I focuses on a candidate's teaching a reasoning ability, research aptitude, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. The syllabus for Paper II is based on the subject opted for by the candidate.
The syllabus was revised in 2019 and no changes have been made to the syllabus for 2020.
BBAU 2020 Paper I Syllabus
The Paper I syllabus is as follows:
Unit I - Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding, and Reflective), Characteristics, and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment, and Institution
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher centered vs. Learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.)
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern, and ICT based
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems
Unit II - Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism, and Postpositivistic approach to research
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative, and Quantitative Methods, Steps of Research
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing, Application of ICT in research, Research ethics
Unit III - Comprehension
- A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered
Unit IV - Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication, Barriers to effective communication, Mass-Media, and Society
Unit V - Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of reasoning: Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships
- Mathematical Aptitude: Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages, etc
Unit VI - Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations, and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition, Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning, Analogies
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge, Pramanas- Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension). Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference)
Unit VII - Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition, and classification of Data
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart, and Line-chart)
- Mapping of Data, Data Interpretation. Data and Governance
Unit VIII - Information & Communication Technology
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology, Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing, Digital initiatives in higher education. ICT and Governance
Unit IX - People, Development & Environment
- Development and Environment: Millennium Development and Sustainable Development Goals
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change, and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions. Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear, and Forests
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies, Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance
Unit X - Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India
- Oriental, Conventional, and Non-conventional learning programs in India
- Professional, Technical, and Skill-Based education
- Value education and environmental education
- Policies, Governance, and Administration
BBAU Entrance Exam 2020 Result
The results for BBAU will be declared within one month of the conduction of the examination and the notification for the same will be put up on the university website. The candidates can go to the official admissions portal and log into their profiles using the credentials that were used during the original candidate registration. Once the candidate has logged in, she/he can look up the results there.
BBAU Entrance Exam #year results will also be published publicly on the portal, and the candidates can look up their names and registration IDs on the list. The cut-off details and the related regulations will be published along in the notification as well.
To know more about BBAU, Lucknow, log on to their website www.bbau.ac.in. Candidates could also contact them at the address and phone number given below, if they face any difficulties while completing the registration process or while if they have any further queries with respect to BBAU Entrance Exam 2020.
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University,
(A Central University)
Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road, Lucknow - 226025