The UGAT AIMA is the national level exam for admission into courses such as Integrated MBA, BBA, BHM, B.Com etc. The exam tests the aptitude and general intelligence of a candidate and allows them to choose a maximum of 5 choices from the list of the participating institutes. Want to know more about the exam? Read this complete article to get a fair idea about the preparation, exam pattern and more.
- What is AIMA UGAT?
- UGAT Exam Date 2020
- AIMA UGAT Eligibility Criteria
- UGAT 2020 Registration
- How to Prepare for AIMA UGAT?
- AIMA UGAT Admit Card
- UGAT Exam Centres
- UGAT Syllabus
- UGAT Exam Pattern
- UGAT Result 2020
- AIMA UGAT Cut Off
- AIMA UGAT Counselling
- Contact Details
- FAQs regarding AIMA UGAT
- Related Exams
What is AIMA UGAT?
All India Management Association is commonly abbreviated as AIMA. The All India Management Association Under Graduate Aptitude Test is also known as AIMA UGAT.
AIMA was established in 1957 to provide candidates with better access to various colleges across India. AIMA UGAT is a national level entrance exam. It offers admission to various undergraduate programs like Integrated Mater of Business Administration (IMBA), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Human Sevice - Police Studies (BHSP), etc.
Various Management Colleges across India admits candidate into various courses based on the score obtained by the candidate in AIMA UGAT.
AIMA UGAT 2020 Highlights
|Name of the Examination||All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam for Course Level||UG Level|
|Exam mode||Online and offline mode|
|Level of exam||National Level|
|Duration of the Exam||180 minutes|
|Courses offered||BCA, BBA, IMBA, BHMP, B.Com, BHM|
AIMA UGAT 2020 Exam Date
The dates listed here are declared by the All India Management Association (AIMA). All of the dates that are given below are tentative.
- The AIMA UGAT 2020 Application Form will be available from November 26, 2019 on the official website and the last date to submit the form is May 1, 2020.
- AIMA UGAT 2020 Admit card is available on the official website from May 2, 2020.
- The exam will be conducted on May 9, 2020.
The list of AIMA UGAT 2020 Important Dates are given in the table below:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Form Start Date||November 26, 2019|
|Application Form Last Date||May 1, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||May 2, 2020|
|Exam Dates||May 9, 2020|
|Results Date||1st week of June 2020|
|Counselling||3rd week of June 2020|
AIMA UGAT Eligibility Criteria
The AIMA has set up some criteria that are needed to be cleared by the candidates who wish to take the exam.
- Candidates who have completed their class XII with a minimum of 50% can participate in the AIMA UGAT 2020#.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 as of when appearing for the exam.
- Candidates who are appearing for their qualifying exam (10+2) are also eligible to take the exam.
Note: The application submitted should be clearing all of the criteria mentioned by the AIMA. If found otherwise the application will be rejected and there would be no refund of the application fee.
AIMA UGAT Application Form Details
Eligible candidates can apply for the AIMA UGAT 2020 #exam either through the official website or in the offline mode.
- If the candidate submits the AIMA UGAT 2020 Application Form through online, he/she must make the application form fee payment through online mode.
- If the AIMA UGAT 2020 Application Form is filled through offline mode, a DD has to be drawn to make the payment.
- The DD should be sent along with the filled application form.
- Candidates submitted through online need not send the application form through post.
- Candidates applying through online should upload all the appropriate documents of photograph and signature.
- While applying through offline mode, candidates should affix the photograph in the application form.
- The AIMA UGAT 2020 Application Form Fee will be INR 650/- paid through a DD that is drawn in the name of "All India Association Management" payable at New Delhi. The online application form fee is also INR 650/-. It can be paid either by credit card/debit card or net banking.
The following table contains the list of details and the corresponding criteria that are to be filled in the Application form.
|Details Asked||Filling criteria|
|Candidates Name||The name should be written according to the SSC/ X standard/ Equivalent Records|
|Date of Birth||Date of Birth should be written in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Address||Enter the communication details|
|Category||Choose category from General/ OBC/ SC/ ST|
|Marital Status||Select options from Married or Unmarried|
|Gender||Choose among Male, Female, Transgender and Other|
How to Prepare for AIMA UGAT?
There are three things that any candidate should have if they are preparing for AIMA UGAT exam or any entrance exam for that matter. They are determination, patience and perseverance. The strong determination to crack the exam at any cost, enormous patience to go through the journey of preparation to achieve the goal and finally the perseverance to not be disappointed when facing difficulties along the way. So cultivate these three things before you start your preparation.
Create a Custom Timetable
The first and the most important step in an entrance exam preparation is the preparation of a custom schedule. That custom schedule is such a way that it provides the most efficient sessions for preparations from parts of your daily routines. The schedules must include time for solving sample papers and also periodic sessions for revisions of completed topics. Once you have created a good schedule you need to stick to the exam is finished.
Speed and Accuracy Matters
The AIMA UGAT exam contains 130 questions that are to be answered in a time frame of 2 hours. That means on an average you have less than a minute to answer each of the questions. All the question may be relatively easy but the real challenge lies in getting through all of the questions in that less time. So you need to answer the questions accurately and go through them without looking back in doubt. This speed and accuracy can only be cultivated with the help of intense practising of mock tests and practice papers. Find and solve every paper you can get your hands upon.
Section Wise Approach
There are a total of 4 sections in the AIMA UGAT Exam. In the preparation process, you need to find out the sections you are more strong and in which sections you need a little more practice. Also, during the exam, you need to make sure that you finish the sections that you are strong much quicker so that you could transfer that extra time earned to the sections that you need to take more time. Remember that there will be sectional cutoffs and you need to clear each and every one of those cutoffs to crack the exam.
AIMA UGAT 2020 Admit Card
Eligible candidates will be able to download the AIMA UGAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website.
- The admit card will be available only on the official website.
- It will not be sent to the candidates individually.
- The admit card will be considered as AIMA UGAT 2020 Hall Ticket.
- The AIMA UGAT 2020 Admit Card will have two parts. One part will be retained by the invigilators and the other part will be returned to the candidates.
- Admit card will contain a detailed description of the exam centre.
- It will have a lot of instructions which should be carried by the candidates.
AIMA UGAT 2020 Exam Centres
The AIMA UGAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in various cities across India. Candidates should be present in the exam centre 90 minutes prior to the exam. The AIMA UGAT 2020 admit card will contain all the details about the exam centre.
The following table contains the list of exam centres with their corresponding test city codes.
|Test City Code||Test City||State / U.T.|
|113||Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
AIMA UGAT Syllabus
The AIMA UGAT Syllabus will be different for different exams. Candidates should know the AIMA UGAT 2020 Syllabus before they start their preparation. The questions will be asked from subjects like English, Numerical and Data Analysis, Reasoning and Intelligence, and General Knowledge.
The following table contains the sections and their corresponding contents.
|English Language||Numerical and Data Analysis||Reasoning and General Intelligence||General Knowledge|
|Verbal Reasoning||Geometry (Lines, Angles, Spheres etc)||Coding & Decoding||Government and Politics|
|Sentence Completion||Number System||Visual Reasoning||Famous Personalities|
|Fill in the Blanks||HCF & LCM||Pie Chart||Business|
|Contextual Usage||Ratios and Proportion||Arrangement||History|
|Syllogisms||Work and Time||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments||Geography|
|Sentence Correction||Percentages||Multi-Dimensional Arrangements||Static GK|
|Idioms||Averages||Course of Action||Current Affairs|
|Analogies||Profit and Loss||Graphs Representing Area|
|Different Usage of Same Word||In-equations Quadratic and Linear Equations||Series|
|Antonyms||Geometric Progression||Family Tree|
|Jumbled Paragraphs||Partnership (Accounts)||Numeric Grid|
|Foreign Language words used in English||Time-Speed-Distance||Blood Relations|
AIMA UGAT Exam Pattern
The AIMA UGAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode. The AIMA UGAT 2020 Exam Pattern will be different for different courses. Also, the total number of questions is different for different courses.
- One mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There is negative marking of (-1/3) for wrong answers in the exam.
- The exam duration for the papers of IMBA, BBA, BCA, B.Com is of 2 hours.
- The exam duration for the paper BHM is of 3 hours.
The following table shows the distribution of questions across the 4 sections.
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Numerical and Data Analysis||30|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||30|
AIMA UGAT Result 2020
The AIMA UGAT 2020 Result will be declared on the official website in the first week of June 2020.
- The individual AIMA UGAT 2020 Scorecard will also be sent to the candidates through post.
- Rank list will be generated according to marks secured by the candidates.
How to check AIMA UGAT Result online?
Follow the steps given below to access your AIMA UGAT 2020 Results from the official website.
- Step 1: Visit the official web portal of AIMA (All India Management Association) and select the testing services.
- Step 2: Select AIMA UGAT 2020 from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: After being redirected, click on the UGAT Result Tab.
- Step 4: Enter the necessary details i.e the nine-digit roll number and six-digit form number, and then click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 5: The result will be displayed and you would be able to download it and take a print out if necessary.
Tie Breaking Criteria
If there are candidates who have secured the same marks in the AIMA UGAT 2020 exam, then the following methods are used to break the tie and award appropriate ranks.
- Candidate with a higher percentage of marks in the qualifying exam will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, then the candidate who is senior in age will be ranked higher in the order of merit.
AIMA UGAT Cut Off
The conducting body AIMA doesn't release the official cutoffs for the AIMA UGAT exam. Rather the participating institutes will release their separate cutoffs after the results for the exam are released. The students who have secured more than the cutoff marks will be shortlisted for the selection process for that institute.
The merit list will be prepared based on the cutoffs. The cutoff marks are prepared by keeping the following factors in mind.
- Previous Year Cutoff
- Difficulty levels of the AIMA UGAT Exam
- Number of candidates that have appeared for the exam
- Reservation Norms followed by the institutes.
- The total number of seats for allotment.
AIMA UGAT Counselling
Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling based on the marks scored in the AIMA UGAT 2020. AIMA UGAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted on different dates in different colleges. Different colleges have different counselling procedure. Candidates should be present in the allotted time and place to get admission through AIMA UGAT. The selection process is comprised of the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
Candidates need to carry all the important documents for verification during the AIMA UGAT 2020 Counselling process.
- 10th Mark-sheet
- 12th Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination
- Transfer Certificate and Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of UGAT 2020
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- In case the result is awaited, evidence of appearing in qualifying exams
- Income certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates
- Four passport size photographs similar to the one uploaded at the time of filling the application form
- Self-attested photocopies of all the documents.
AIMA UGAT Contact Details
In case of any discrepancies at any stage of the exam, make sure to contact the official authorities. Their contact information is given below:
Address:All India Management Association
14, Institutional Road, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110003, India
FAQs Regarding AIMA UGAT Exam
Q. How many times a year does the AIMA UGAT is conducted?
Ans. AIMA UGAT is conducted once a year in the month of May.
Q. What is the mode of taking the AIMA UGAT 2020 exam?
Ans. The exam is conducted in offline mode which is a paper and pen-based exam.
Q. What is the validity of AIMA UGAT Score?
Ans. The AIMA UGAT score is only valid for that particular session for most MI's.
Q. Is AIMA UGAT held all over the country?
Ans. The AIMA UGAT is held across all major cities in the country. Check out the list of test cities to know more about them.
Q. What is the minimum qualification for appearing for the AIMA UGAT 2020 exam?
Ans. To apply for the exam a candidate must have cleared 10+2 from a recognized board. Candidates who are appearing for the exam can also apply for the exam.
Q. What is the nature of AIMA UGAT 2020?
Ans. The UGAT exam an objective type test and is designed to measure a candidate's general aptitude and technical skills.
Q. How to get the Score Card for AIMA UGAT?
Ans. Candidates can download their scorecard from the official web portal of the AIMA by entering their registration number and roll number.