All India Management Association, Undergraduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is for candidates aspiring to pursue courses like MBA, BBA, BHM, B.com, etc. Candidates are allowed to choose 5 institutes from the list as per their preference and attempt the test.
- January 13, 2021: The applications for AIMA UGAT 2021 is released. Candidates can apply for the exam starting today. The last date to apply is Jun 12, 2021. Visit the AIMA UGAT Application Form page for more information.
- What is AIMA UGAT?
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Exam Date
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Registration
- How to Prepare for AIMA UGAT?
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Admit Card
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Exam Centres
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Syllabus
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Result
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Cutoff
- AIMA UGAT 2021 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is AIMA UGAT?
All India Management Association is responsible for conducting Under Graduate Aptitude test for aspiring candidates. Established in 1957, AIMA aims at providing students admissions into various institutes across the country. AIMA UGAT is a national level entrance exam. It offers admission to various undergraduate programs like Integrated Master of Business Administration (IMBA), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Human Sevice - Police Studies (BHSP), etc. Various Management Colleges across India admits candidate into various courses based on the score obtained by the candidate in AIMA UGAT.
Some specifications surrounding the AIMA UGAT Exam have been highlighted in the table below.
|Name of the Examination||All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam for Course Level||UG Level|
|Exam mode||Online and offline mode|
|Level of exam||National Level|
|Duration of the Exam||180 minutes|
|Courses offered||BCA, BBA, IMBA, BHMP, B.Com, BHM|
AIMA UGAT 2021 Exam Date
Candidates are advised to go through the important dates of AIMA UGAT 2021 carefully. The dates listed here are not officially declared by the All India Management Association (AIMA). The dates are different for the Paper-Based Test (IBT) and Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT). The list of AIMA UGAT 2021 Important Dates is given in the table below:
|Application Form Start Date||Jan 13, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||Jun 12, 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||Jun 14, 2021|
|Exam Dates||Jun 19, 2021|
|Results Date||Jul 3, 2021|
AIMA UGAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for candidates to go through the eligibility criteria defined by the organizing body for AIMA UGAT 2021, carefully to avoid unnecessary mistakes during the application process. Candidates who successfully qualify the given eligibility criteria will only be allowed to move forward with the admission procedure.
- Candidates who have completed their Class XII with a minimum of 50% can participate in the AIMA UGAT 2021.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 as of when appearing for the exam.
- Candidates who are appearing for their qualifying exam (10+2) are also eligible to take the exam.
Read More: AIMA UGAT Eligibility 2021
AIMA UGAT 2021 Application Form
Eligible candidates can apply for the AIMA UGAT 2021 exam through the official website only. Application forms for AIMA UGAT 2021 will be available from Jan 13, 2021 to Jun 12, 2021.
- After the candidate submits the AIMA UGAT 2021 application form online, he/she must make the application form fee payment through online mode.
- The fee for AIMA UGAT 2021 application form has to be paid by Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking/UPI.
- AIMA UGAT 2021 application form fee will be INR 650/-. There will be no separate fee for reserved category students.
- Candidates applying should upload all the appropriate documents of photograph and signature.
The following table contains a list of details and the corresponding criteria that are to be filled in the application form.
|Details Asked||Filling criteria|
|Candidates Name||The name should be written according to the SSC/ X standard/ Equivalent Records|
|Date of Birth||Date of Birth should be written in the format DD/MM/YYYY|
|Address||Enter the communication details|
|Category||Choose category from General/ OBC/ SC/ ST|
|Marital Status||Select options from Married or Unmarried|
|Gender||Choose among Male, Female, Transgender and Other|
Read More: AIMA UGAT Application Form 2021
How to prepare for AIMA UGAT?
There are three things that any candidate should have if they are preparing for the AIMA UGAT exam or any entrance exam, for that matter. They are determination, patience and perseverance. The strong determination to crack the exam at any cost, enormous patience to go through the journey of preparation to achieve the goal and finally, the perseverance to not be disappointed when facing difficulties along the way. To cultivate these three things before you start your preparation.
Create a Custom Timetable
The first and the most important step in entrance exam preparation is preparing a custom schedule. That custom schedule is such a way that it provides the most efficient sessions for preparations from parts of your daily routines. The schedules must include time for solving sample papers and also periodic sessions for revisions of completed topics. Once you have created a good schedule, you need to stick to the schedule till the AIMA UGAT 2021 exam is finished.
Speed and Accuracy Matters
The AIMA UGAT exam contains 130 questions to be answered in a time frame of 2 hours. That means, on average, you have less than a minute to answer each of the questions. All the questions may be relatively easy, but the real challenge lies in getting through all of the questions in that less time. So you need to answer the questions accurately and go through them without looking back in doubt. This speed and accuracy can only be cultivated with the help of intense practising of mock tests and practice papers. Find and solve every paper you can get your hands upon.
Section Wise Approach
There are a total of 4 sections in the AIMA UGAT Exam. In the preparation process, you need to find out the sections you are more strong in and sections you need a little more practice. Also, during the exam, you need to make sure that you finish the sections that you are strong much quicker to transfer that extra time earned to the sections that you need to take more time. Remember that there will be sectional cutoffs, and you need to clear every one of those cutoffs to crack the exam.
AIMA UGAT 2021 Admit Card
Eligible candidates will be able to download the AIMA UGAT 2021 admit card from the official website. The admit card is a mandatory document that a candidate has to obtain before attempting the exam, for official identification purposes.
- The admit card will be available only on the official website.
- It will not be sent to the candidate by post in any case.
- The AIMA UGAT 2021 admit card will have two parts. One part will be retained by the invigilators and the other part will be returned to the candidates.
- Admit card will contain a detailed description of the exam centre.
- It will have a lot of instructions which should be carried by the candidates.
Read More: AIMA UGAT Admit Card 2021
AIMA UGAT 2021 Exam Centres
AIMA UGAT 2021 exam will be conducted in various cities across India. Candidates should be present in the exam centre 90 minutes prior to the exam. AIMA UGAT 2021 admit card will contain all the details about the exam centre. The following table contains the list of exam centres with their corresponding test city codes.
|Test City Code||Test City||State / U.T.|
|113||Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
AIMA UGAT 2021 Syllabus
AIMA UGAT syllabus will be different for different exams. Candidates should know the AIMA UGAT 2021 syllabus before they start their preparation. The questions will be asked from subjects like English, Numerical and Data Analysis, Reasoning and Intelligence, and General Knowledge. The syllabus for AIMA UGAT 2021 is mentioned below:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Sentence Completion
- Fill in the Blanks
- One-Word Substitution
- Contextual Usage
- Sentence Correction
- Different Usage of Same Word
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Foreign Language words used in English
- Critical Reasoning
- Statement Conclusions
- Column Graphs
Numerical and Data Analysis
- Geometry (Lines, Angles, Spheres etc)
- Number System
- HCF & LCM
- Ratio and proportion
- Work and time
- Profit and Loss
- In-equations Quadratic and Linear Equations
- Geometric Progression
- Partnership (Accounts)
Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Coding & Decoding
- Visual Reasoning
- Pie chart
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Multi-Dimensional Arrangements
- Course of Action
- Graphs Representing Area
- Family Tree
- Numeric Grid
- Blood Relations
- Government and Politics
- Famous Personalities
- Static GK
- Current affairs
Read More: AIMA UGAT Syllabus 2021
AIMA UGAT 2021 Exam Pattern
AIMA UGAT 2021 exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode. AIMA UGAT 2021 exam pattern was different for different courses. Also, the total number of questions was different for every course.
- One mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There is negative marking of (-1/3) for wrong answers in the exam.
- The exam duration for the papers of IMBA, BBA, BCA, B.Com is of 2 hours.
- The exam duration for the paper BHM is of 3 hours.
The following table shows the distribution of questions across the 4 sections.
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Numerical and Data Analysis||30|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||30|
Read More: AIMA UGAT Exam Pattern 2021
AIMA UGAT 2021 Results
The AIMA UGAT 2021 result was declared on the official website on Jul 3, 2021. Candidates will be able to download it using their credentials. The result will most likely be provided to the candidates by post to the respective addresses of the candidates which were given at the time of registration or during application. The post will contain the scorecard of the candidate along with the photograph.
How to check AIMA UGAT result online?
Follow the steps given below to access your AIMA UGAT 2021 results from the official website.
- Step 1: Visit the official web portal of AIMA (All India Management Association) and select the testing services.
- Step 2: Select AIMA UGAT 2021 from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: After being redirected, click on the "UGAT Results" tab.
- Step 4: Enter the necessary details i.e the nine-digit roll number and six-digit form number, and then click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 5: The result will be displayed and you would be able to download it and take a print out if necessary.
If there are candidates who have secured the same marks in the AIMA UGAT 2021 exam, then the following methods are used to break the tie and award appropriate ranks.
- Candidates with a higher percentage of marks in the qualifying exam will be ranked higher.
- If the tie still persists, then the candidate who is senior in age will be ranked higher in the order of merit.
Read More: AIMA UGAT Results 2021
AIMA UGAT 2021 Cutoff
The conducting body AIMA doesn't release the official cutoffs for the AIMA UGAT exam. The participating institutes produce their separate cutoffs after the results for the exam are released. The students who have secured more than the cutoff marks are shortlisted for the forthcoming selection process for that institute.
The cutoff marks are prepared by keeping the following factors in mind.
- Previous year's cutoff
- The difficulty level of the AIMA UGAT exam
- Number of candidates who have appeared for the exam
- Reservation norms followed by the institutes
- The total number of seats available for allotment
AIMA UGAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling based on the marks scored in the AIMA UGAT 2021. AIMA UGAT 2021 counselling will be conducted on different dates in different colleges. Different colleges have different counselling procedure. Candidates should be present in the allotted time and place to get admission through AIMA UGAT. The selection process is comprised of the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. The candidates must carry with them the important documents when they go to the counselling venue and must be physically present, failure of which shall cost the candidate his deserved seat.
Candidates need to carry all the important documents for verification during the AIMA UGAT 2021 counselling process.
- 10th mark-sheet
- 12th mark-sheet of the qualifying examination
- Transfer certificate and migration certificate
- Admit card of UGAT 2021
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- In case the result is awaited, evidence of appearing in qualifying exams
- Income certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates
- Four passport size photographs similar to the one uploaded at the time of filling the application form
- Self-attested photocopies of all the documents.
Read More: AIMA UGAT Counselling 2021
AIMA UGAT Contact Details
In case of any discrepancies at any stage of the exam, make sure to contact the official authorities on the contact details given below:
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Road, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110003, India.
How many times a year is the AIMA UGAT conducted?
AIMA UGAT is conducted once a year, usually in the month of May.
What is the mode of taking the AIMA UGAT exam?
The exam is conducted in offline mode which is a paper and pen-based exam.
What is the validity of AIMA UGAT Score?
The AIMA UGAT score is only valid for that particular session for most MI\'s.
Is AIMA UGAT held all over the country?
The AIMA UGAT is held across all major cities in the country. Check out the list of test cities to know more about them.
What is the minimum qualification for appearing for the AIMA UGAT exam?
To apply for the exam a candidate must have cleared 10+2 from a recognized board. Candidates who will be appearing for their higher secondary school certificate exam this year are also eligible to apply.
What is the nature of AIMA UGAT exam?
The UGAT exam an objective type test and is designed to measure a candidate\'s general aptitude and technical skills.
How to get the AIMA UGAT scorecard?
Candidates can download their scorecard from the official web portal of the AIMA by entering their registration number and roll number.
When is the exam date for AIMA UGAT 2021? When will the admit card release?
The AIMA UGAT 2021 exam is likely to be held on May 9, 2021. The admit card for the same will be released on the official website on May 2, 2021