Get the latest updates for 2021 Direct Admission in M.Tech without GATE in IITs, NITs, and IIITs. Find the all the details such as list of colleges, admission process, fee structure, alternate entrance exams, etc.
The need for higher educational qualifications and degrees is crucial in the current market full of qualified competition. This is a result of the career opportunities and the professional requirements reaching their peak. Under this scenario, a UG degree might not be enough to accomplish all plans with a satisfying paycheque. The M.Tech (Master of Technology) degree is a very rewarding degree to pursue many job prospects in the technical and industrial fields. Various universities at the central and state levels offer M.Tech courses without appearing for the GATE exam. Multiple admission procedures are followed, which can be opted to get direct admission in M.Tech without GATE. The most sought-after institutions in India – IITs and NITs, follow a similar admission structure to M.Tech courses. In this article, find information on how to plan on getting direct admission in M.Tech without GATE.
Table of Contents
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Entrance Exams
- Admission to IITs and NITs without GATE
- Admission to Private and Deemed University
- List of Colleges
Direct Admission in M.Tech Without GATE Eligibility
The following are the eligibility criteria for students interested in getting direct admission in M.Tech without GATE.
- The candidates must have completed a B.Tech or B.E degree with the minimum qualifying marks (different from institute to institute).
- The candidates applying for Master of Technology or M.Tech through sponsored seats must have worked for at least two years.
- The candidates should have been granted 2-year study leave by the employers.
- The employer must take responsibility to provide financial support to the candidate throughout the 2-year course.
- Some of the IITs and NITs also conduct their written test for admission to M.Tech programs through sponsored seats.
Direct Admission in M.Tech Without GATE Admission Process
The following are the process to be followed during admission into an M.Tech program in renowned institutions, without a GATE score:
- After a candidate has met the eligibility criteria for a particular institution, different steps will be followed to complete the M.Tech admission process.
- After application links are closed, the merit lists are prepared and released.
- If the university conducts its entrance via different forms, cutoff lists will be released.
- The counselling process is conducted where students eligible as per merit or entrance exams conducted by the institute.
- After counselling, the confirmed list of candidates is released in a series of rounds.
- The document verification process will be done through physical modes is the next step, after which students can confirm and join the course classes as and when the academic session starts.
M.Tech Courses Fee Structure
The fee structure and additional costs depend on the institute's location, the University of affiliation, ranking, total seats, and other factors. The approximate fees for admission to various IITs are around INR 50000 to INR 250000. Other governments/public institutes offer M.Tech courses with lower fee structures. For private institutes, the fee costs are usually more with other concessions to be paid. Hostel and mess facilities would require extra costs. But in the case of sponsored candidates, the course duration expenditure is taken care of by the company. The course fees can be paid in different instalments and waivers if offered to candidates with reservations quotas.
Direct Admission in M.Tech Without GATE Entrance Exam
The detailed information regarding the M.tech entrance exam for IIITs is given below.
- IIITs conduct their entrance exams for admissions in the M.Tech program.
- Few good state universities in various states conduct their own test and follow admission procedures.
- Students who have applied for the GATE exam can also appear for the M.tech entrance test conducted by the IIITs.
Following is the list of IIITs that conducts there an entrance exam for admission in M.Tech without GATE.
|Name of the Institute/ State||Name of the Entrance Exam|
|IIIT Delhi||IIIT Delhi M.Tech Entrance Exam|
|IIIT Bhubaneshwar||IIIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Entrance Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh M.Tech Admissions||AP PGECET|
|Telangana M.Tech Admissions||TS PGECET|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||IPU CET|
|Karnataka M.Tech Admissions||PGCET|
Admission to IITs and NITs without GATE
Most of the students can not imagine going to IITs without a tough competition, which is a correct assumption. But there are different ways to get into IITs and NITs without GATE scores too. Below are the possible cases listed.
- Sponsored Candidates: If you are working in the industry for over 3 years and can prove that your current employer is ready to allow you to complete further studies by letters from the authority, you can apply under this category. There are limited seats reserved under this category in both IITs as well as NITs.
- Quality Improvement Program (QIP): This is started by the Government of India to improve the quality of teaching staff in-state colleges by giving them a chance to attend India’s topmost engineering schools. All the faculty members with 3 years plus experience are eligible to apply for admission for M.Tech in this category.
Admission to Private and Deemed University without GATE
The detailed information regarding admission in private universities and private deemed universities in M.Tech without GATE is given below.
- The students who are willing to spend some extra money on their education can apply for private universities or private deemed universities.
- These days in India there are various professional private universities offering masters in engineering. They conduct their own exam and a personal round of interviews. The admission is easy but they may charge huge fees.
- Admissions are done based on marks secured in the student's graduation or based on national level entrance exams. i.e. GATE (optional).
List of Colleges for Direct Admission in M.Tech Without GATE
Following are the list of colleges either conducting their own exam or giving direct admissions for M.Tech without GATE:
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Delhi
- Hyderabad University, Hyderabad
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Pondicherry University
- Tezpur University
- Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
- Aurora's Engineering College Andhra Pradesh
- Bapatla Engineering College, Andhra Pradesh
- Babasaheb Naik College of Engineering, Maharashtra
- Dr. DY Patil College of Engineering, Pune