Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kanpur
Being one of the oldest IITs in India, the Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur has crossed many a milestone and is one of the country’s top institutes of technology. It was established in 1959 at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is well known for its academic excellence and is often considered as the 'first stop' for a large number of industries and other organizations for recruiting undergraduate and post-graduate students. We truly appreciate the faith bestowed on us from several organizations and we look forward to continuing our relationship with them.
Affiliations of Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kanpur
International Partnerships of Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kanpur
- Internationally, IIT Kanpur is ranked overall 302 globally and 48 among Asian institutes in the QS World University Rankings for 2016.
Application Criteria at Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kanpur
- Admission to these programmes is made once a year in July through Joint Entrance Examination-Main (JEE-Main) and Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced (JEE- Advanced) conducted on an All India level in April and May by CBSE and IITs respectively.
- The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 system or its equivalent. For the detailed procedure in this regard, visit JEE Advanced Website before the end of December preceding the year in which admission is sought.
Key Facts and Figures at Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kanpur
- The courses offered at the institute are very advanced which ensures the students to have the most relevant preparation for competing at the highest level
- The IIT-K has its campus located on GT Road which is 15 km west of Kanpur City
- It is situated in the rambling area of a massive 420 hectares of land given by the Government of Uttar Pradesh
- Being a residential campus, it offers accommodation to over 1000 faculty and staff members and around 4000 students
- The institute has three primary schools for children in its campus and a Central School for students up to Class XII
- A great emphasis is laid on the research and development works and for that, superb facilities have also been made available for the scholars
- Sprawled over 420 hectares of land
- More than 21,000 of its alumni are working around the globe
Contact Information of Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Kanpur
Address: Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016