Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Chennai
IIT Madras is a residential institute with nearly 550 faculty, 8000 students and 1250 administrative & supporting staff and is a self-contained campus located in a beautiful wooded land of about 250 hectares. It has established itself as a premier centre for teaching, research and industrial consultancy in the country.The Institute has sixteen academic departments and a few advanced research centres in various disciplines of engineering and pure sciences, with nearly 100 laboratories organized in a unique pattern of functioning. A faculty of international repute, a brilliant student community, excellent technical & supporting staff and an effective administration have all contributed to the pre-eminent status of IIT Madras.
Affiliation of Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Chennai
- All India Council for Technical Education
Application Criteria of Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Chennai
- The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
- To be eligible to write JEE (Advanced), the candidates have to first appear in the JEE (Main) conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April.
- JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June.
- Only the top 1,50,000 scores in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced).
- The JEE (Advanced) will have two objective type papers.
- Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours. Question papers will be in both English and Hindi.
International Partnership of Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Chennai
- Curtin University, Australia
- Ghent University, Belgium
- Technical University of Denmark
- University of Leeds, England
- University of Manchester, England
Departments within Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Chennai
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
Contact Information of Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT] Chennai
Address: Indian Institute of Technology Madras, IIT P.O., Chennai 600 036, INDIA