MICAT exam is for candidates aspiring to pursue post-graduation in management and communication at MICA, Ahmedabad. MICAT will allow candidates to apply for PGDM-C (Communications) and PGDM. MICAT-I is scheduled to be held on Dec 4, 2021, and MICAT-II is scheduled to be held on Jan 29, 2022. The registrations for MICAT-I will begin anytime soon!
Latest Updates for MICAT:
- Oct 11, 2021: The registrations for MICAT 2022 have started today. Candidates must apply for the exam before the last date to be able to write the exam.
- Oct 4, 2021: The exam schedule for MICAT 2022 is released. The registrations will begin soon!
- What is MICAT?
- MICAT 2022 Exam Date
- MICAT 2022 Eligibility
- MICAT 2022 Syllabus
- MICAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- MICAT 2022 Application Form
- MICAT 2022 Exam Centres
- MICAT 2022 Admit Card
- MICAT 2022 Result
- MICAT 2022 Selection Process
What is MICAT?
Organized by the MICA University, Ahmedabad, MICAT is conducted for students aspiring to pursue PGDM-C and PGDM courses offered under the concerned University. MICA is focused on targeting courses like 'Strategy Marketing' and 'Communication' since 1991 and has been reputed to be one of the most well-established institutions in Ahmedabad.
MICAT-I and MICAT-II are online tests conducted across the country. MICA, Ahmedabad, was formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad. MICA uses CAT/XAT/GMAT in the selection process for its PGDM/PGDM-C. The question paper comprises both subjective and objective type questions. MICAT is a national level test and is conducted twice every year. Candidates must clear MICAT 2022 to occupy their seats at MICA university in the coming year.
|Exam Name||MICA Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||MICA, Ahmedabad|
|Number of Entrance Exams||MICAT-I and MICAT-II|
|Exam Type||Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Courses Available||PGDM-C and PGDM|
|Type of Questions||Objective and Subjective|
MICAT 2022 Exam Dates
MICA conducts its operations under 3 important examination phases, MICAT-I, MICAT-II, and GE and PI round. Applicants need to fill the application form within the demarcated registration period for MICAT-I. The registration process is expected to begin soon. Keep checking the website to not miss out on the dates.
After qualifying MICAT-I and MICAT-II, students would be shortlisted for the GE and PI round. Exam dates for MICAT 2022 for different campuses are different. Thus, be careful with the centres and the associated dates.
The tentative MICAT 2022 examination dates are mentioned below:
|MICAT-I Registration Opens on||Oct 11, 2021|
|MICAT-I Registration Last Date||Nov 20, 2021 (11:50 PM)|
|MICAT-I Admit Card release date||To be announced|
|MICAT-I Exam Date||Dec 4, 2021|
|MICAT-I Score Declaration||Dec 21, 2021|
|MICAT-II Registration Opens on||Nov 23, 2021|
|MICAT-II Registration Closes on||Jan 16, 2021 (11:50 PM)|
|MICAT-II Admit Card release date||To be announced|
|MICAT-II Exam Date||Jan 29, 2022|
|MICAT-II Score Declaration||Feb 18, 2022|
|GE & PI Shortlisting||Mar 2022|
|Final Results after GE & PI||Mar 2022|
MICAT Counselling Dates (Campus Wise)
Once you clear the first two rounds, i.e. MICAT I and MICAT II, you will be shortlisted for the last phase of the selection process, i.e, the group exercise and the personal interview round. The GE & PI sessions are usually conducted in five campuses, the dates for each being different. Each candidate shall be allotted a venue and they need to appear on the said date for the GE and PI. The campuses for the last round are usually the following few:
MICAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Every examination has certain yardsticks to measure the eligibility of the candidates for appearing for it. If a candidate fails to fulfill even one of the stated conditions, the candidate is deemed unfit to sit for the test. Thus, it is very important for the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria laid down by the organizing authorities of MICAT 2022 to ensure that they are qualified enough to appear for the test to avoid future hitches. Candidates who do not satisfy the MICAT eligibility criteria will not be able to appear for the examination.
The eligibility criteria, in brief, are stated below:
- A Bachelor's degree in any discipline or an equivalent course from a recognized institution.
- The candidate has to have passed one of GMAT/CAT/XAT examinations.
Please note that the ones in the final year of their Bachelor's degree can also apply. They will need to produce the pass certificate and the required documents later as and when asked.
MICAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the MICAT 2022 is almost similar to that of other management courses' entrance exams like CAT, XAT and GMAT. Syllabus for MICAT 2022 exam will be including topics like:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
- Divergent and Convergent Thinking
Verbal Ability has topics like Reading Comprehensions(RCs), Grammar, Para-jumbles, Critical Reasoning, Misfit Sentence/Error Corrections, Summary Writing, Para-completion.
Quantitative Aptitude will have the questions related to Ratio & Proportion, Percentages, Simple Interest (SI) & Compound Interest (CI), Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Time & Work, Distance & Time, etc.
The topics covered under Convergent and Divergent Thinking include Visual Reasoning, Word Association, Statement-Assumption, Sequence and Series, and Data Sufficiency. Apart from the common aptitude test, the candidates will be evaluated on their essay writing skills.
MICAT 2022 Exam Pattern
MICAT-I and MICAT-II are both Computer-based Tests (CBT). The best of the two scores from MICAT-I and MICAT-II will be taken into consideration to shortlist the candidates for GE and PI. MICAT exam will comprise of 3 sections which are:
- Section A: Psychometry Test
- Section B: Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation, and Divergent & Convergent Thinking
- Section C: Descriptive Test
For more information, visit MICAT 2022 Exam Pattern.
MICAT 2022 Application Form
Registration for MICAT-I 2022 has started. The last date to apply for MICAT-I is announced. Scanned copies of a photograph and the signature of the candidate should be uploaded while filling the application form.
A candidate has to pay the examination fee of INR 1985 to successfully enrol for the MICAT exam 2022. The MICAT application fees or the registration fees can be paid online through net banking, debit card or credit card.
How to apply for MICAT 2022?
The steps one needs to follow for applying for MICAT 2022 are given below:
- Step 1: First of all, a candidate needs to visit the official website of MICA, Ahmedabad i.e. mica.ac.in
- Step 2: Candidates need to find the "Apply Online" link and click on it.
- Step 3: The candidate will then be redirected to the next window which will be the registration page. The candidates will be required to choose between the two given options. New applicants shall choose the 'New Registration' option whereas already-registered ones will need to choose the other one and log-in with the required individual credentials.
- Step 4: After that, you have to click on new registration and it will take you to the page where you will be asked to fill the registration form with the requisite contact details. Username and password will be sent to the candidates post this step.
- Step 5: After receiving the credentials, a candidate can start filling the MICAT application form with the academic and personal details after logging in with the given credentials. Candidates will also need to upload scanned images of their signature and their photograph.
- Step 6: The last step will be to pay the application fee for MICAT. Post this step, the application form filled by the candidate will be considered complete. Now, a candidate will be able to download his/her application form PDF.
Note: All the MICAT exam-related communication between the authority and candidate will be taking place via registered mobile number and the email provided by the candidate.
MICAT 2022 Exam Centres
MICA conducts MICAT examination across India in 48 cities as the official test centres. Candidates hold the liberty to choose up to 3 exam preferences based on their convenience and ease of accessibility. Candidates also need to choose their preferred city for GE & PI. List of exam centres for MICAT 2022 shall differ a little from last year. Some of the exam centres where the test can take place are:
MICAT 2022 Admit Card
MICA, Ahmedabad will issue the admit cards for MICAT- I before the commencement of the examinations. For MICAT-II, admit cards will be released before the commencement of MICAT II 2022. An admit card is the most important document for the candidate because, without it, a candidate would not be allowed to appear for the exam. The admit card must be downloaded, printed out and must be carried to the examination hall along with other essential documents. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions provided with the MICAT 2022 admit card to understand the dos and don'ts for a hassle-free conduction of the exam.
MICAT 2022 Results
Results for MICAT-I and MICAT-II will be published on the official website. The scorecard comprises the overall score of the candidate scored in both the tests.
Post the result declaration, qualified candidates will be invited for the GE & PI rounds at different campuses of MICA namely Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata and Delhi.
How to download MICAT Scorecard?
Candidates can follow the steps below to download the MICAT 2022 scorecard:
- Step 1: A candidate has to visit the official website of MICAT exam
- Step 2: He/she then has to find and click on the Result/ Scorecard notification for MICAT 2022. It will open in a new window
- Step 3: Upon landing on that page, the candidate will need to log in with his credentials. The scorecard will be opened and it can be downloaded by the candidate in a PDF format.
MICAT 2022 Selection Process
Only the candidates who will clear all the sections will be called for GE and PI. There are three steps involved in the MICAT selection process which are as follows:
Step-I: CAT/ XAT/ GMAT
Candidates who have given CAT 2021/ XAT 2021/ GMAT (after 2020) can apply for MICAT 2022.
Step-II: MICAT (MICA Admission Test)
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of three sections as below
- Section A: Psychometric Test
- Section B: Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, General Awareness, Convergent and Divergent Thinking
- Section C: Descriptive Test
Step-III: GE & PI
For GE & PI, the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT and MICAT.
Candidate who will qualify Psychometric Test (qualifying in nature) will be further assessed on their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT. Thereon, they will be evaluated on Section B and Section C of MICAT 2022.
Post this, for GE & PI they will be having a weightage of CAT/ XAT/ GMAT and MICAT exam which will be counted as a qualifying criteria which are as follows:
The final merit list will be created based on the following weightages:
Official Website: www.mica.ac.in
For General Queries
Tel: 02717 - 308313/308250/90991-27399
Email: [email protected]
For Technical Queries
Email: [email protected]
Am I still eligible for MICAT if I haven\'t qualified CAT?
Candidates are eligible if they have appeared for either of the three exams: CAT, XAT and GMAT.
I have a bachelor\'s degree in English, am I still eligible for MICAT?
Candidates are eligible if they have a bachelor\'s degree in any subject or have an equivalent qualification from any institution recognized by the AIU or Association of Indian Universities. Candidates who are in the final year or the last year of their bachelor\'s degree are also eligible.
Where is the MICAT examination held?
The MICAT examination is held across 48 cities throughout the nation. Candidates can choose their examination center based on their preferred city or location.
How to pay the MICAT fees?
The fees for the MICAT examination can be paid through online mode, either by net banking or credit card or by debit card.
Can I carry only the admit card or do I have to carry other documents?
Candidates must take their admit card along with all necessary documents such as Aadhar card, Pan card, College or School ID, etc. The essential documents to be carried will be told to the candidates through mail, or in the time of application or in the admit card.