IEM stands for the Institute of Engineering and Management. IEM JEE is the Joint Entrance Exam for engineering conducted by the Institute of Engineering and Management. The IEM JEE is a university-level entrance exam that serves as the gateway for admitting qualifying aspirants into various Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG), and Doctorate (PhD) programs offered by the University of Engineering and Management (UEM).
IEM JEE is a month-long process as it is conducted in 3 phases - Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III. The duration of the exam is two hours. The candidates are advised to regularly check the official website of the university at www.uem.edu.in for more updates. IEM itself is held responsible for the release of the notifications and the exam results. Candidates can check their results on the official website by logging in using their registration number.
***IEM JEE 2020 Phase I Results have been declared***
- What is IEMJEE?
- IEM JEE 2020 Exam Dates
- IEM JEE 2020 Eligibility
- IEM JEE 2020 Application Form
- IEM JEE 2020 Exam Centres
- IEM JEE 2020 Admit Card
- IEM JEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- IEM JEE 2020 Result
- IEM JEE 2020 Counselling
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is IEM JEE 2020?
IEM JEE is a Joint Entrance Exam conducted by the Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM) and the University of Engineering and Management (UEM), for the admission of students into the B.Tech./BCA/BBA/B.Sc./M.Tech./MCA/M.Sc./MBA courses. Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM) and University of Engineering and Management (UEM) are the joint conducting body of the IEM JEE, IEM is located in Kolkata.
IEM JEE is a University level entrance exam which is conducted every year. The conducting authority, IEM has scheduled the exam to be conducted on February 25, 2020 to March 7, 2020 in different phases. IEM JEE offers admission into various Engineering and Management programmes like B.Tech./BCA/BBA/B.Sc./M.Tech./MCA/M.Sc./MBA.
|Exam Name||Institute of Engineering and Management Joint Entrance Exam|
|Institute of Engineering and Management|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduation|
|Exam Date||February 25, 2020 up to March 7, 2020|
IEM JEE 2020 Important Dates
The application form will be available on the official website from January 3, 2020 till February 3, 2020. After you register online successfully, Admit Card will be sent to the registered Email ID on March 25, 2020. The exam occurs in 6 phases. Check all the dates below.
|Application Form Start Date||January 3, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date||February 3, 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||March 25, 2020|
|Results Announcement||As per schedule|
This exam conducted by the reputed IEM Group will occur in 6 phases. The dates for the six phases are given below. The dates are tentative and will be updated once the official notification is released.
|Phase 1 (Online)||April 1 to April 15, 2020|
|Phase 1A (Online)||April 19 to April 28, 2020|
|Phase 2 (Offline)||May 1, 2020|
|Phase 3 (Online)||May 5 to May 25, 2020|
|Phase 4 (Online)||May 27 to June 15, 2020|
|Phase 5 (Online)||June 20 to July 10, 2020|
|Phase 6 (Online Final Phase)||July 15 to July 31, 2020|
IEM JEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
You will have to satisfy the eligibility criteria for taking IEM JEE 2020. There are certain minimum eligibility criteria that the candidate has to satisfy for admission into Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. Aspiring candidates from India and other foreign countries can apply for this exam. There is no criterion for Nationality.
Eligibility Criteria for UG
You should have passed class 10th and class 12th exams and should have secured more than 50% aggregate (60% for engineering courses). If you are waiting for result or have appeared for the final examination of your education, you are also eligible for IEMJEE 2020, provided you are able to show necessary documents at the time of admission.
Eligibility Criteria for PG
You should secure at least 60% aggregate in all semesters of the graduation degree (50% for MBA courses). If you are waiting for result or have appeared for the final semester exam then you are also eligible for IEMJEE 2020, provided you are able to produce necessary documents at the time of admission.
IEM JEE 2020 Application Form
The IEMJEE 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website from January 3, 2020 till February 3, 2020. There is no registration fee to apply/ register for IEMJEE 2020, You can register online and appear for the exam.
Steps to Fill the Application Form Online:
Step 1: Choice of Course
- Log in to the official website.
- A list of courses will appear. You will have to choose the course of your choice to pursue and click on the link provided to fill IEMJEE 2020 Application Form.
Step 2: Filling in the Application Form
- You will have to enter personal details like nationality, name, date of birth, gender, details about parents, communication details, campus preferred, etc.
- You will also have to enter a valid email ID and mobile number through which the organizing body will send you the notifications regarding the exam.
IEM JEE 2020 Exam Centres
The conducting authority decides the exam centres where the exam is to be conducted. You can make a choice among the exam centres and give your preferred exam centre for taking IEMJEE 2020.
There are only a few exam centres.
- Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM) Ashram Campus Kolkata, West Bengal.
- IEM Gurukul Campus, Y-12, Sector 5, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- UEM Kolkata Campus, University Area, Plot No. III – B/5, New Town, Action Area – III, Kolkata, West Bengal-700156.
- UEM Jaipur Campus, Gurukul, 6 km from Chomu on Sikar Road (NH-11), Jaipur 303807.
- Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM Management Campus) D1, Sector – V, Salt Lake Electronics Complex Kolkata – 700091.
IEM JEE 2020 Admit Card
The IEM JEE 2020 Admit Cards will be mailed to the registered Email IDs of the candidates after the successful completion of the registration process. The Admit Cards will be available from March 25, 2020 (tentative).
Candidates will not receive their Admit Cards through post. It will only be sent to them via their the registered email ID. Therefore, it is necessary for the candidates to register themseves with a valid and active email ID only.
Candidates will need to take a printout of their IEM JEE 2020 Admit Card, and carry it at the time of examination, failing to do which will result in the cancellation of their candidature. Candidates will also have to carry a valid photo ID proof along with their IEM JEE 2020 Admit Card to the examination centre on the chosen date of examination. Your Voter ID card, Aadhar Card, Class X Boards exam Admit Card, Class XII Board exam Admit Card may serve as a valid ID proof.
IEM JEE 2020 Exam Pattern
IEMJEE 2020 question paper will have the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). The exam will be conducted in 3 slots, each slot will be conducted for 2 hours.
B.Tech.: Syllabus and mode of the exam are absolutely the same as that of JEE Mains comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics divided into 3 sections.
- Maths section will contain 60 questions each of 4 marks. Physics and Chemistry section will contain 30 questions each of 4 marks. Total marks will be 360.
- Time duration will be 2 hours. Maths section will have a time duration of 1 hour 15 minutes. Chemistry and Physics will have a time duration of 45 minutes.
- There will be 1 mark deduction from total marks for each wrong answer.
B.Tech. Lateral Entry: Syllabus and mode of the exam will be the same as WB JELET examination.
BCA/BBA/B.Sc./B.Com.: Syllabus will comprise of English, General Knowledge, and Preliminary Mathematics.
M.Tech.: Syllabus and mode of the exam will be same as GATE examination.
MCA/M.Sc.: Syllabus and mode of the exam will be the same as WB JECA examination.
MBA: Syllabus and mode of the exam will be the same as CAT examination.
IEM JEE 2020 Results
The Conducting authority will announce the results after the completion of the exam. IEMJEE 2020 results will be announced on July 4, 2020 (tentative). For each phase, the result will be declared separately.
Steps to check the IEM JEE 2020 Results:
- Visit the IEM JEE 2020 official website.
- Check for the results link.
- Click on results, and enter the login credentials
- The results will be displayed on the screen.
- Take the printout of the same for future reference.
IEM JEE 2020 Results Phase-I
The results for Phase-I for IEMJEE have been declared. Please check your results below.
IEM JEE 2020 Counselling
Counselling for the candidates who have successfully qualified in the IEM JEE will be held online, through the e-counselling portal.
The admission procedure are sceduled to be held on and from July 4, 2020 to July 20, 2020 on all bank working days.
Time of Admission: 10 AM to 3 PM
Venue : Ashram Building, GN-34/2, Sector – V, Saltlake Electronics Complex Kolkata – 700 091, West Bengal, India.(Next to Cognizant Technology Solutions Private Ltd, Near SDF Building, Opposite to Nalban)
The following list of documents will be required during admission, in their original and two photocopies:
- Class X – Admit Card and Marksheet
- Class XII – Admit Card and Marksheet
- WBJEEB Counselling Final Allotment Paper (Received from WBJEEB Reporting Centre)
- 2 copies Colour Passport Size Photographs
- Printed copy of filled in Online Application Form
- Campus Address: UEM Kolkata, University Area, Plot No. III – B/5, New Town, Action Area – III, Kolkata – 700 156
Admission Offices (Kolkata)
- City Office (IEM, Salt Lake, Kolkata) Address: IEM Ashram Building, GN-34/2, Sector – V, Saltlake Electronics Complex, Kolkata – 700 091
Phone No.: 8010700500
- City Office (IEM, Salt Lake, Kolkata) Address: Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM), Gurukul Campus, Y-12, Sector – V, Salt Lake Electronics Complex, Kolkata – 700 091
Phone No: 8010700500, 033-23572059, 033-23572995
- Email Id: [email protected]
- Official Website: www.uem.edu.in/kolkata